In love with my boss ✔️

By a_cosmic_dust

An office drama. A love story between a boss and an employee. Peep in for more details. Cover by - @Starryxn... More

Introduction
Note
1. The boss
2. Accident with the boss
3. The Dinner
4. Thakkar's Project
5. Mukti
6. Meeting and Pizzas
7. Hitler Boss. Worried Assistant.
8. The Demise
9. Talks
10. The glimpse of a friend
11. You are Fired.
12. The plan backfires
13. Regained Friendship
14. The Assurance
15. A Lost Friend?
16. We Can't Be Friends Again.
17. Jealous Him
18. The Trust
19. Manik's Secret Meeting
20. Abhi and Nandu
21. Surprise
22. He is back
23. I am in Love
24. The Past
25. Secret Night Outs
27. My Silent Love
28. The Unknown Author
29. Sealed With A Kiss
30. The Confession
31. You Are My Peace
New Cover
32. First Date
33. Date Night Extended
34. The 'Aarav' Factor
35. Board Director
Note
36. An Evening With Friends
37. He is Back
37.1 The Moster Malhotra
38. Unedited
39. Unedited
40. Unedited
41. Unedited
Note (Important)
Hello
37.1 The Monster Malhotra
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Scene -1
Bonus Scene - 2
Bonus Scene - 3
Bonus Scene - 4
Last Note (& the journey further)

26. Will You Marry Me?

8.8K 958 277
By a_cosmic_dust

Hello Fam :)

There is a hell lot of editing required in the further chapters and I have managed to injure my wrist due to which I am unable to use my mobile. Hence, the updates are taking time. Please, bear with me. :(

Haven't replied to the comments on the previous chapter but thank you for writing them. They are a source of encouragement. :)

Happy Reading...

Precap - Manik and Mukti confess about beating Harshad. Manik explains Nandini. 

Mukti, who was worried for both Manik and Nandu's anger, decides to help Manik in calming her down. Reaching Nandu's room, she finds her on a call. She was rather calm and Manik was nowhere to be seen in the room. Nandu smiles at her and gestures her to sit.

After the call, Nandu takes a seat in front of Mukti. She holds an ear before giving Mukti an apologetic look.

Nandu: Mukti, I am sorry for my earlier behavior.

Mukti smiles at her and holds her hand.

Mukti: Don't be. I have always considered you as my sister. Even though we don't talk much, I have known you enough through Manik and now Cabir. I have always admired you for your personality. I know you are too good and are not happy with Harshad's thing but I am not even a bit regretting of what happened.

Nandu(concerned): Mukti.

Mukti(informs): Before you panic again, you are not the only girl he harassed. There are many. I got his mobile number traced down and he sends messages of these kinds to multiple girls. Imagine kitne ladkiyan aaj khush hongi. And there's another thing which Manik have no idea about.

Nandu(confused): What?

Mukti(smirks): The Commissioner of Police happens to be my Dad's friend. He knows me since my childhood. I asked him for the permission for this act after showing him the proof. Also, Harshad's mobile number is tapped. If there's any such message going from his mobile, he will be arrested. Not only you but now every other girl is safe from him.

Nandu(shocked): Then why the hell were you so scared listening to the news?

Mukti(winks): Tere se darr laga tha, babydoll.

Nandu(sarcastically): You, Manik and Cabir, kitna darte ho na mujhse?

They both burst out laughing. After some time, Mukti leaves for her room. Nandu takes a leave from office for herself and Manik as both of them was tired.

Half an hour later

Mukti's room

Mukti was working on her laptop when Manik barged into her room. Putting the laptop aside, he lies down comfortably, placing his head on her lap. Mukti smiles at him and ruffles his hair.

Mukti(teased): Kya hua mere Majnu ko? Laila ki yaad aa rahi hai kya?

Manik(declares): Mukuu, I love you.

Mukti(surprised): Of course you love me, kiddo.

Manik: Like really wala love. Acting wala nahi. Infinity wala love.

He stretches his hands widely trying to show the amount of love he has for her.

Mukti(suspiciously): Woah, lover boy. Itna 'love'. Chal bata kya kand kiya tune ab?

Manik gets up and gives her a nervous smile before explaining what had happened a few minutes back.

Flashback

After leaving Nandu's room, Manik was going towards his room when he was stopped by a nervous Abhimanyu. Abhi takes both his hands into his before speaking, more like pleading.

Abhi: Buddy, I need a help very badly. Only you could help me. Please do something, bro.

Manik(amused): What happened?

Abhi(pleads): I am in love. Help me to impress her or at least confess my feelings to her.

Manik was furious listening to his words. Controlling his anger, Manik spoke in a dangerously lowered tone.

Manik: I am busy and I am not any mediator.

He was about to leave when Abhimanyu holds his hand again to stop him.

Abhi: Buddy, please don't go. You are my only hope. Mukti isn't that close to Nandu. Otherwise, Nandu would have helped me.

Taken aback by listening to Mukti's name instead of Nandu, Manik questions him cautiously.

Manik: Mukti? Matlab tum Nandu se pyaar nahi karte?

Abhi(horrified): What? Buddy, are you kidding me? Yeh baat Nandu ke saamne mat bolne. Maar maar kar hospitalized kardegi. Nandu is my best friend. But I am in love with Mukti.

Manik was shocked by the information. When all his blood cells inside his body were dancing, his face was devoid of any expression and his brain was in utter shock. Unable to get any reaction, Abhimanyu shook him lightly.

Abhi: Buddy, say something.

Manik took a deep breath to compose himself, before looking at Abhimanyu, sternly.

Manik(yelled in anger): How dare you say that? You know who Mukti is? My one true love. A piece of my heart. My one and only girlfriend. Aisi ladki par line maarte sharam nahi aati tumhe?

Abhi(shocked): What? Mukti tumhari girlfriend hai?

Manik(pissed): Toh main ab tak Greek - Latin mein chilla raha tha kya?

Abhi looks down, heartbroken, but composes soon as he places his hand on Manik's shoulder.

Abhi(smiled): Sorry, buddy. I didn't know, Mukti is your girlfriend. I am really sorry. Just take care of her.

Manik(gritting his teeth): Abhimanyu, Mukti is to me what water is to fish. She is my oxygen. How dare you think that I won't take care of her?

Abhi: Nahi, bro. I didn't mean that. I am sorry. Bye.

He gives a hug to Manik before leaving towards Nandu's room. Manik grins and leaves for Mukti's room.

Flashback Ends

Manik was all the time staring the floor while Mukti was glaring at him.

Mukti(yells): Bol, yeh sab jhoot hai otherwise main tujhe chodungi nahi saale.

Manik(nods scaredly): Unfortunately No. Yeh sab sach hai. But I am really sorry.

Mukti runs behind him throwing at him the things she was getting on her way while Manik was busy dodging them.

A few minutes back, Nandu's room

Nandu was sitting on the bed holding her head and Abhimanyu in front of her with a sad expression.

Abhi(dramatically): My heart broke. Mujhe ab aur nahi jeena. Mujhe suicide karna hai. Nandu, do something. Help me.

Nandu(rolling her eyes): Pichle 15 min se you are repeating the same thing. Ab reason nahi bola tho suicide nahi, I will throw you off the cliff.

Abhi(puzzled): Kaunsa cliff? Paas mein kuch nahi hai na?

Nandu glares at him.

Abhi: Acha sorry. Actually, Mukti already has a boyfriend. Mera pyar adhura reh gaya.

Nandu(confused): Wait? How do you know this?

Abhi(informs): Her boyfriend told me.

Nandu: who?

Abhi: Manik.

Nandu(surprised): Really?

Abhi explains her the earlier conversation he had with Manik.

Nandu(explains softly): Listen Abhimanyu, it can be highly possible. You know, Mukti being Manik's girlfriend but whatever you have told me now, this story is insane. Just go talk to Mukti once. But don't hope or expect anything. Just a simple talk.

Abhi(scared): I can't let her break my heart again.

Nandu(concerned): Again? Pehle kab hua?

Abhi(explains): Abhi kuch time pehle. When I was talking to Manik. It's still in broken pieces.

Nandu(sarcastically): Already tut gaya na, go talk to her. Uske aur tukde ho jayenge. Then I will give you a fevicol. Jod dena.

Abhi holds her hand.

Abhi: Really? Please, tum bhi chalo na mere saath. I might faint after listening to her answer.

Rolling her eyes, she leaves towards Mukti's room along with Abhimanyu but were stopped by screams in the living room. Going there, they find Mukti yelling at Manik while Manik trying to save his life.

Nandu(muttered): Inhe kya hua?

Abhi(informs): Boyfriend - Girlfriend ke jhagde honge.

Nandu glares at him before going towards the duo. Seeing Nandu there, Manik goes and hides behind her, holding her by her shoulders.

Manik(warns): Nandu, please save me. Otherwise kal se tumhe ek new assistant dhundna padega and mera jaisa smart assistant tumhe nahi milega.

Mukti: Babydoll, don't listen to him. Just move. I will kill him today.

They keep on fighting when they hear Nandu's scream, halting them due to fear.

Nandu(raising an eyebrow): Where's Cabir?

Mukti(informs): He left a long time back.

Nandu(sighing in frustration): Why are you both behaving like kids?

Mukti: Main nahi, it's him.

She points towards Manik, accusingly as Manik jumps to defend himself immediately.

Manik: Nandu, I said sorry to her already.

Mukti(glares): But you ruined everything too.

Nandu(softly): Mukti, what happened?

Mukti notices Abhimanyu standing at the back with a 'sad' face. She drags him towards Nandu.

Mukti: Nandu, this guy loves me. He asked Manik to help him aur iss gadhe ne bola that he's my boyfriend.

Nandu(confused): So, you both aren't in a relationship?

Manik and Mukti look at each other confused, before bursting out in laughter.

Mukti(chuckles in disbelief): Babydoll, are you mad? Hum dono? Are you serious? Manik just played a prank on Abhimanyu.

Nandu glared at Manik to which he gave her a sheepish grin. On the other hand, after realizing Mukti isn't in love with Manik, Abhimanyu takes the plastic flowers from the vase kept in a corner of the room and goes towards Mukti. He goes down on one knee and holds the flowers out for her.

Abhi: Will you marry me?

Everyone was shocked by his direct question as they turn towards him. Mukti was furious and pulls Abhimanyu up, holding his collar.

Mukti(yells in anger): Mr. Thakkar, one, if you are unable to see, these are plastic flowers. Two, there's a thing called knowing each other or dating. And here you are asking me for marriage? I know you don't take life seriously but stop playing with people's emotions. 'Love' is a pure emotion. Marriage is a pure bond. Stop making a joke out of it.

She turns to leave when Abhimanyu stops her from holding her hand and turns her towards him.

Abhi: Yes, I know these are just some plastic flowers but does these flowers really matter, Mukti? And coming to directly propose you for marriage, Mukti, I haven't been this sure about anything in my life. I always loved grand things. But with you, I have always wished for a simple life. Just your mere presence makes my life so grand. Dating is for people who aren't sure about their relationship. But about you, I am surer than my entire existence. I know I joke around, I don't take life seriously but trust me you are my serious person. Each and every line of yours, each word from our conversations just gets stored in my mind and your voice just keeps on playing in my head. You have imprinted your image on my heart and mind, Mukti. Marriage is a pure bond and I want to share this bond with you, Mukti.

Nandu and Manik were gaping at him with wide eyes. It was a rare situation to watch Abhimanyu Thakkar talking seriously. Nandu composes herself as a small smile plays on her lips, being proud of her best friend.

Nandu: Mukti, this is the most serious thing I have ever heard from him without using any of his cheesy pickup lines or over dramatic stuff.

Mukti had slight tears which she brushed off and smiles at Nandu. She hugs Abhimanyu. Breaking the hug, she says,

Mukti(smiled): Abhimanyu, I need time. Let's get to know each other first. We can think of marriage after some time.

Abhi(frowns): What's there to know each other. I stalked you, so, I almost know everything about you. And whenever we have met, I have told you everything about myself including my likes, dislikes. Arey, I even told you my bank details and all my ATM pin numbers.

The trio was gaping at him when, this time, Manik broke the silence.

Manik(teased): Woah. Mukti, itna sab ho gaya aur tune mujhe bataya nahi kuch?

Mukti glares at Manik as she turns to Abhimanyu and softens up.

Mukti: Abhimanyu, back then you were just a stranger to me, who was trying his chance to be with me. And I have met many many guys like you. Why do you think, I will remember or at least pay attention to the details of your Aadhar Card and all its associated documents?

Abhi(raising an eyebrow): So, I am the first person whom you are giving a chance to know each other.

Mukti nods in a yes.

Abhi: And I am special to you.

Nandu clears her throat.

Nandu: Okay. Mr. Thakkar, you are sounding desperate now.

Abhi pouts looking at Nandu. Manik goes and hugs him. He smiles widely looking Abhimanyu, patting his back.

Manik: Of course, you are special. Because you are still standing on your feet after all this and that too before these two girls. Nahi toh dono milkar tumhe punching bag banati. But one request.

Abhi raises an eyebrow with a smile.

Manik(warns playfully): Don't you dare hurt my girlfriend. Seeing her hurt would break my heart and I will break you.

Manik winks at Abhimanyu earning a light slap on his head from Mukti. Nandu gets a call and she excuses herself to her room. Manik too leaves after some talk. Mukti and Abhimanyu talk for sometime before Abhi bids a bye to her.

Just when he exited the house, he was pinned to the wall with a butter knife on his neck. Raising his head, he finds a furious Manik. Being confused with the turn of events, Abhimanyu musters up his courage, all the while looking at the knife.

Abhi: Buddy, what are you doing? Why are you trying to kill me that too with a butter knife?

Manik was too furious and starts screaming at him.

Manik: Listen, cut the crap. And listen to me carefully. STOP FLIRTING WITH NANDINI. Understand?

Abhi(stammers): Why? What do you mean by flirting? She is my friend. And you know I love Mukti.

Manik: Isiliye bol raha hun. Stop flirting with Nandini. Ek ladki kaafi hai zindagi mein. And it's Mukti for you, right? You are confident about her. Haina?

Abhi nods scaredly.

Manik: Good. Now, do not even think about Nandini.

Abhi(pouts): You can't talk to me like that. Remember, your contract is in my hands.

Manik presses the knife more onto his neck.

Manik: For now, your neck is in my hands aur agar Nandu ke saath flirt kiya, I won't hesitate to break this neck of yours.

Mukti, who just comes out due to some work, panics seeing them like that.

Mukti: Guys, what's going on?

Abhi(pleads): Sorry, buddy. I won't. Leave me, now.

Manik leaves after glaring him.

Abhi: So, we are fine now, right?

Manik(glares): That will depend upon your behavior.

Abhi(smirks): Why are you so pissed, buddy? Do you love her?

Mukti: What happened?

Abhimanyu explains everything to Mukti. Rolling her eyes, Mukti takes the knife from Manik.

Mukti: Yeh butter knife hai. Isse attack nahi karte, cake cut karte hai. (Turning towards Abhimanyu) And Abhimanyu, seriously? Scared of this stupid knife?

Abhi(sheepishly): Woh I was just playing along. Manik ko bura na lage, isliye.

Mukti: okay, I am sorry for his behavior. Yeh bas Majnu hai Nandu ke pyaar mein. Just ignore his threats.

Abhi(excited): Really? Finally, mere Nandu ko ek jeevan saathi mil gaya.

Mukti: God, tum kya hamesha yeh daily soap language mein hi baat karte ho kya?

Abhimanyu pouts sadly before turning towards Manik.

Abhi(grins): Don't worry buddy. Main apne buddy ki hone wali girlfriend par line nahi marunga. Do you need any help? Lifetime offer hai. Just one call. I will do anything for you. And I am serious about this.

Manik finally gives him a toothy grin while Abhimanyu pulls him into a hug. He leaves later. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

SHIKAST By imdone

Fanfiction

183K 27K 74
Hiii😁
148K 7K 49
" #1 Ranking - truelove " (7/4/2023) After talent hunt compitition Nandini was blamed by Dhruv and Alya for the separate of FAB 5. Where as the truth...
132K 11.7K 170
Its all about fun,drama,friendship,misunderstanding and everything... lets read the beautiful bond between members of MPT..
534K 53.6K 128
This is a series of OS, on different events. Some imaginary and some related to real incident. Hope u will enjoy it :)