For The love of Katherine(Boo...

By Agnesomalia

#5 in project Nigeria( 15/07/2019) #1 in Africancommunity #3 teenage drama "Say hello to miss Katherine Josep... More

Author's Note
Read me...
Read me.....
Chapter 1♧♤♡
Chapter 2♧♤♡
Chapter 3♧♤♡
Chapter 4♧♤♡
Chapter 5♧♤♡
Chapter 7♧♤♡
Chapter 8♧♤♡
Chapter 9♧♤♡
Chapter 10♧♤♡
Chapter 11♧♤♡
Chapter 12♧♤♡
Chapter 13♧♤♡
Chapter 14♧♤♡
Chapter 15♧♤♡
Chapter 16♧♤♡
Chapter 17♧♤♡
Chapter 18♧♤♡
Chapter 19♧♤♡
Chapter 20♧♤♡
Chapter 21♧♤♡
Chapter 22♧♤♡
Chapter 23♧♤♡
Chapter 24♧♤♡
Chapter 25♧♤♡
Chapter 26♧♤♡
Chapter 27♧♤♡
Chapter 28♧♤♡
Chapter 29♧♤♡
Chapter 30♧♤♡
Read me....
Chapter 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
chapter 42
Chapter 43
please read
Read me 2

Chapter 6♧♤♡

1.1K 200 13
By Agnesomalia

"Kitty"

Katherine's pov

I finally got home after waiting under that hot sorching sun for another thirty whole minutes.

I hurried straight to my room and dived right into my bathtub the moment I managed to rid myself of any manner of clothing.

Gezz...this shower is a life saver. I felt my body relaxing bit by bit under the droplets of water.

I don't know how long I was in there but I woke up to the sound of a knock on my door. My dad was calling out to me from the outside.

"I will be right out dad. Am in the shower"

"Well,hurry up and come down. Dinner is served" he called back immediately.

"I'm coming!"

I heard him walked away after that and I was left wondering what he could be doing back there. My dad is barely around ever since we moved back to Nigeria. He has been one hell of a workaholic; running from one hospital to the next.

What the heck!

I scanned through my wardrobe, looking for what to wear. It was still damn too hot for me to be wearing a hoodie. Tossing it aside,I found myself an old orange shirt my dad had got me on my last fifteen birthday and decided to put it on. It was long and baggy enough to cover half of my length.

My dad was already waiting at the dinning when I strolled in.

"Hey dad" kissing him on both cheeks

"Hey kitty, how are you doing? "

"I'm good" I shrugged

"School went well I suppose? "

Yup...I was sure expecting that damn question. I won't be surprised if he asked about the principal well being as well since they are such good friends.

"Yea it did" I shrugged again as I pulled out a chair to seat down.

"Do you wanna talk about it? " he continued

"No dad...I just wanna eat my dinner in peace. Can I have that?"

I wasn't ready to talk about anything relating to that school if it doesn't involve me turning in my transfer and leaving the country as well and am sure my dad knows that already and pushing the matter any forward would be of no use to neither of us.

"Maybe we can talk about it some other time?" He asked again studying me.

Nodding at this point would be better which I did of course as I dish myself some porridge plantain and some vegetables.

After dinner was over,I cleared the table and heads to the kitchen to do the dishes...

"Kitty?" My dad's voice had startled me from behind the kitchen door.

"Dad!"

I turned just as quickly to find him standing at the door with my hand gripping firmly at my chest that was pounding like a drum..

"Sorry if I startled you kitty..I just wanted to make sure you are okay back here"

"It's okay dad. Am fine,I was just startled that's all"

"Are you sure you are okay?" Scrutinizing me under his eyes

Am I okay? Do I look okay? Does coming back to Nigeria sound okay? Or me being everyone's topic of discussion in a freaking new school okay!

Mentally, I was screaming at my dad but I just couldn't say it out loud.

"I'm fine dad...am just going to finish up the dishes real quick and go to bed" I said turning back to the sink and running water.

That was until I felt his hand dropped gently on my shoulder. He turned me around to face him again and I swallowed back a tears.

"I'm sorry kitty. I know it's hard for you to be here cos it's hard for me too but I need you to be strong and give yourself a chance to get to live in this country. There are so many things you can do and learn over here. I need you to give it a try okay?"

I gave a small nod in between a hiccup.

"I know you don't fully understand why we had to come back here but I need you to trust me this one time.it's not easy for me, I don't think it will be any easier for you either but there are people who needs my help and I can't turn my back on them....that's why I need you to hang in there for a while. I promise we will be out of here when the time is right"

I could only do as much as to nod to every of his word at this point. One word from me and am going to start crying cos deep down I know he is right. Those patients at the hospital needs his help just like we needed help when my mom was down and in pain. So much pain that we couldn't save her from and had to say good bye at the last minute.

All the nights I cried thinking about the hands I couldn't hold anymore and the face that was beginning to fade away. Her tender voice that could sing to me at night. Her beautiful face...my mom!

Dad has found his refuge at helping others and he seems to have healed pretty well. I on the other hand can't dare to say the same thing for myself though.

I was still stuck at shutting people out even the only person I have left in the entire world, I have kept at arm length...

He placed a kiss on my forehead and looked at me again.

"Just finish up and go to bed okay?"

"Okay dad" my voice was a bit cracky at this point.

I watched him stroll towards the door and felt something break right inside of me. I felt totally empty and weak for the first time in a long time. I miss my mom!!

"Dad?" I called out to him just as he was about to hit the door.

"Yes? Kitty?  Are you okay? "

"Can I give you a hug?" My voice barely audible.

The river of tears that was holding up was now finding their way down my cheeks at this point.

"Oh baby, you know you don't need to ask me first..come here" he offered with an open arms

Once I was locked in between those huge arms in a bear hug. I realized I needed that hug so badly. Can't even remember the last time I gave my dad a comforting hug like this very one. He deserved it just as much as I needed it.

"I love you dad" I said smiling up at him with teary eyes.

I saw a flash of light crossed his eyes and I knew why...he was happy!

"I love you too kitty...so very much"

He kissed me on the forehead again and I heard myself sigh in, in total relief.

That was a little inside of Katherine's life don't you think?

Vote ,comment and share. ...

Much love
Xoxo
Agnesomalia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 1.5K 45
Judith's life takes a sudden turn during her SS1 days, when her dad died from a ghastly road accident.. which dashes her hope of being a professional...
80.5K 12.4K 65
Her face disfigured with wounds, Monica look up at Daniel panting heavily! She knew she can't do this anymore and it has to stop "Monica look at me!"...
3.9K 1K 78
" Olivia, I liked you from the moment you hiccuped your way into my life. It's funny really but it's the truth. I also wasted a lot of time and this...
190K 32K 70
___________ "You're Jumoke, right? The new girl?" How did he know? "Yes? What happened? Who's looking for me?" "I just asked a question. No harms. Ta...