Midnight Cigarettes ; The Out...

By poisonousmalfoy

He pulled out a cigarette and lit it. "Sodapop Curtis, but you can call me Soda" he answered. "Sodapop?" I ch... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
Epiloge
Authors Note
Revamp

26.

5.7K 90 158
By poisonousmalfoy

Soda's P.O.V
(This will be one of the only times it's someone besides Elliot's Point of view!)

"Cherry" I said softly.

"Whatever Soda" she said quietly and I could hear the sadness in her voice. Evie and her walked out of the Dingo and probably back to our house.

I hated seeing her upset, I hated it. I wish she would have let me tell her what's going on.

I walked back to where Sandy was and stood in front of her. "I-" I began but she cut me off by standing up.

She looked down "I'm no good for you and that's why I asked you to come here. I wanted you to get closure and I needed it myself but I'm not what you need, she is. I don't need you anymore Soda but she does. You know she came over to me to ask me how I could do what I'd did to you and what had happened lately cause you wouldn't tell her what was upsetting you. She told me she hadn't cared about anyone like she cared about you ... So, go get her" she nodded slowly.

I looked down at the ground "thanks Sandy".

She smiled softly and nodded.

I sighed and ran out of the Dingo quickly.

I ran home first because I figured that's where she would be but, when I got in she wasn't there.

"SodaPop, you okay?" Ponyboy asked.

"Did Elliot come home?" I asked, out of breath.

Darry and Pony looked to each other and both shook their head.

"Aw fuck!" I said and rubbed the back of my neck with both my hands.

"Soda what happened?" Darry asked.

"Glory I messed up, I messed up real bad" I said, running a hand through my hair.

Just then the phone rung. Darry looked to it and then picked it up, putting to to my ear.

"Hello?" He said "oh Elliot, yeah okay. Alright thanks for letting me know. Bye" he said and hung up the phone and looked up at me.

"Well?"

"She's at Bucks. Be careful, you know how Dallas is and I don't wanna have to get down there and save ya" he said and nodded.

"Thanks Darry, I'll be back soon" I said and opened the door, taking off down the road again.

I ran til I got to Bucks place and stood outside a few minutes debating on what to do, Dallas would skin me alive.

I took a deep breath and walked up the steps, knocking on the door.

And of course Dallas opened it.

He pointed at me and closed hi hand into a fist "boy are you lucky. You would be ten feet under the ground if she hadn't told me to leave it alone today".

"Dally, it's not what she thinks I promise" I tried to reason.

"What I know is that she's up there crying right now and not a bone in my body knows how to comfort people" he clenched his jaw.

"Dallas I would never do anything to intentionally hurt her. I need to talk to her ...please" I practically begged, I couldn't lose Elliot. Especially not like this.

Dallas raised an eyebrow "did you not just hear me?"

"Dallas I'm serious, it's not what she's thinks it is and I need to tell her. I don't like seeing her hurt either"

He thought about it for a moment "ten minutes"

I nodded quickly and he opened the door more and let me in. He walked me up the stairs and showed me the room she was in and then walked back downstairs.

I looked to the door, took a deep breath and knocked softly "Elliot?".

Elliot's P.O.V (back to Elliot)

Evie and I quickly began to walk.

"Should we go to the Curtis's house?" She asked softly.

I shook my head frantically "no, I can't go back there tonight. I'll go to Bucks house and see if I can stay there then call Darry. You go on home okay"

"Are you sure Ell? I can stay with you" she offered.

"No it's fine, Dallas will be there" I nodded and smiled sadly.

She sighed and pulled me to her, hugging me softly "it'll be alright doll".

I was taken by surprise when she pulled me to her but I melted into her arms and hugged her back "thanks Evie" I said and we pulled apart.

"Get some sleep tonight alright" she said and waved to me as she began to go the other way and to her house.

I couldn't just walk at this hour so I decided to take a run. I mean I didn't really want to but if by any chance I ran into the Socs ... I would be better off running.

I ran til I reached Bucks house and by the time I got there my cheeks were wet and my eyes were probably glossy.

I wiped my face and walked inside, hiding my face as best as possible.

"Hey Buck, Dallas. Do you mind if I stay here tonight?" I said, trying not to sniffle.

"Yeah sure" Buck answered.

"Ella, you alright?" Dallas asked, standing up.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine" I'm answered, trying to keep the whining sound out of my voice.

He walked over to me and grabbed me by the shoulder, turning him around to face him.

His face went from concerned to angry. His eyes did that thing when they got dark and whenever that happened you knew it was really bad.

"That son of a bitch didn't I tell him" he hissed and went to grab the door knob.

I slapped his hand away from the door "not today ... I mean not at all okay. Leave it alone Dallas I'm okay" I said, small sobs interrupting some of my words.

He took a deep breath "not now but, only because you said so" he said and backed up a little bit.

"I'm gonna try to get some sleep" I nodded and waved them off, running up the stairs and into the room I stayed in last time.

I turned off the lights and plopped down in the bed. The only thing I wanted right now was to fall asleep. But of course my body wouldn't let me, instead I laid down and just like that the tears came running down my face.

I laid there for about fifteen minutes before I heard the door downstairs open and a few muffled voices.

I really hope that wasn't who I thought. After about 5ish minutes of hearing the two people argue there was a small knock on my door.

"Elliot?" He said and I immediately knew who it was.

I didn't answer, I didn't wanna talk to him why couldn't he understand that.

"Elliot listen to me please" he took a deep breath.

I stayed quiet but I knew I had to say something. "Leave me alone" I croaked out.

"Elliot, I'm not leaving you like this" he said through the door "that day you visited me at the DX ... Sandy called me and asked me to see her because she needed to say something important. I told her no, because of you ... she called me two more times because she said it was that important so on the third call I finally agreed. She told me she wanted her and I to have some closure. She told me you were good for me" I heard his back slide down against the door so he was leaning against the door and sitting on the floor.

He was quiet for a moment "and she's right Cherry. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I didn't wanna worry ya"

I got up out of the bed and walked to the door, opening it quickly. He fell back but quickly scrambled up to his feet.

"You didn't wanna worry me?" I hissed "Soda you worry me everyday. When you're at work I worry about you. I've never worried about anyone more than I worry about you" I said.

He looked taken back "Cherry I-" he began again but I cut him off.

"Just leave!" I sobbed and shoved him back a bit.

He grabbed me wrists and looked at me with his soft blue eyes.

"I love you" he said softly and looked over and away from me.

He looked back to me "I love you Cherry" He repeated "I'm sorry".

I froze for a moment. I'm Elliot Winston, I didn't know how to love. In fact I don't think anyone's ever told me they love me.

I looked at him and his blue eyes with his dark brown hair slicked back with grease and sweat was swept across his face "Soda ... I love you too" I said.

"Cherry ... I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you" he said and furrowed his eyebrows.

He softly let go of my wrists and pulled me to him by my waist.

I leaned my head into his shoulder and pressed my hands against his chest. "I've never told anyone I love you" I whispered.

I could hear the smile in his voice "I'm honored to be the first person".

He was a bit sweaty but he was warm as always and there's no where I'd rather be than in his arms right now.

I pressed my lips together and thought about what I was about to do before pulling away. I looked up to him and held my hand out for him to take.

He took my hand and I pulled him into my room, closing the door behind us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387K 13.8K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...
23K 163 39
Dallas and Tess. Two friends turn lovers after years of running around the streets of New York together. The two go around causing trouble here and t...
181K 3.2K 28
Asha has been friends with the gang for as long as she can remember. She loves Dally and feels special when she's with him. Then she finds something...
431K 11.5K 48
I moved to Tulsa when I was 17 to find my half brother. I didn't know things were going to turn out the way they did. I didn't know who else I was g...