Midnight Cigarettes ; The Out...

By poisonousmalfoy

He pulled out a cigarette and lit it. "Sodapop Curtis, but you can call me Soda" he answered. "Sodapop?" I ch... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
Epiloge
Authors Note
Revamp

24.

6.2K 98 57
By poisonousmalfoy

Elliot's P.O.V

January 26th

I stood outside the jail house with Sodas jacket wrapped around me. Dallas was getting out today, he was suppose to be in for about another month but he was getting out on good behavior.

Soda was at the DX working, Darry was working, and the others were at school. I took the day off to wait for Dal.

He came out in the clothes he wore the day he got taken in. When he got up to me, I offered him a cigarette and he took one as I did. I lit his and then mine, putting the pack and lighter away.

"How've ya been kid?" He asked, taking a hit of the cigarette as we started walking "do I have to kill SodaPop yet?"

I chuckled "no, no and I've been good" I nodded "how'd jail treat ya?" I joked with him.

"Ha ha ... it's jail what do you expect?" He shrugged.

I took a hit of the cigarette "I don't know, I've never been to jail"

"And you should keep it that way, don't get caught" he grinned, raising an eyebrow.

"Says you" I laughed.

"Hey, I only get caught half the time" he joked "aren't you suppose to be in school Ella?".

"Aren't you suppose to be in jail Dallas?"

He took a long hit from the cigarette "Hey don't get smart"

I grinned "you already knew I'm a smart ass".

He looked over to me "I wouldn't expect any less from you".

We made it up to Bucks house finally.

"I'm gonna stay here for a while until school gets out, I don't work today" I said as Dally and I walked inside.

"Hey Buck" I said when we walked in, he was sitting on the couch with the TV turned on.

"Hey kid" he said back, not really paying attention to either of us.

Dallas walked up stairs to his room and changed into some new ones then walked back down.

"Actually I'm gonna go see Soda down at the DX, don't wait around" I said and got to the door.

"You got a blade?" Dal asked.

"Yeah I got one" I said and opened the door, walking out and closing it behind me.

I took my time walking down to the DX, he was still working for a few hours so I had the time.

Once I got up there he was on a creeper, working under the car. He reached down to grab a tool. Once I realized what he needed I saw it was no where near him. I walked over and picked up the tool, handing it to him.

He took it and did whatever he needed and then rolled out from under the car and looked to me "oh Elliot, hey" he said and set the tool down, picking up a cloth and wiping his hands off.

"Hey Cola" I smiled lightly.

"Dally doin fine?" He asked and rolled back under the car.

I nodded, even though he couldn't see "Yeah, he's doin just fine. We walked back to Bucks and he stayed there" something seemed off about Soda.

"You okay Cola?"

"Yeah, I'm fine Cherry" he answered in a hesitant voice.

"Soda ... you can talk to me"

"I know, but I'm fine really. Don't worry about me okay"

I sighed, I couldn't force him to talk to me "okay, just say something if you need to".

"Actually, can you hand me the open-end wrench"

"Not what I meant" I chuckled "but yes" I picked up the tool and handed it to him.

I could tell he had a small smile on his lips "thank you".

"I'm thinking about asking Ponyboy to go to the library ... you're welcome to come if you want" I offered.

"Actually I'm gonna be working kinda late, got a lot of people come in today that need some work done on their cars" Soda said.

"Okay" I said and looked to the small clock on the inside of the garage to see it was one, so the guys had an hour before school ended.

"I'm gonna head on over to the school, I just wanted to stop by" I said as he rolled out from under the car and wiped his hands off onto his jeans.

He got up and walked over to me, kissing me softly "I'll see you later okay, make up for lost time?" He teased. He's been working late a lot lately. But of course I don't blame him, they needed it.

"Oh my" I chuckled and kissed him back "bye Soda"

"Bye Cherry"

I made my way away from the DX, walking over to the school.

I kicked a few rocks along the way, looking down. I wish Soda would talk to me. I guess I should let him come to me if he wants ... I just can't stand seeing him upset.

I found my way to the school finally and sat on the steps. Honestly I don't care if a teacher or someone sees me. I had a good reason to not be at school today.

But no teacher saw me and after about thirty minutes of waiting, the final bell rang.

While I was waiting for the boys to get out, Cole walked up to me.

"Hey Elliot" he smiled "you never answered me about that date".

Oh yeah, about a week ago Cole asked me on another date. I thought he would have figured out about Soda and I already.

Steve came up behind him and patted him on the shoulder "nice try buddy, she's got a boyfriend" he said.

My face went red and the rest of the gang cam up.

"Yeah and you better be careful, Sodapop wouldn't be too happy to hear you askin her that" Ponyboy grinned.

"Oh, SodaPop?" Cole asked "okay" he smiled sadly and nodded, walking off.

I winced, I kinda felt bad about it. I know Cole had a thing for me, I just didn't feel the same way. I loved Soda.

I mean ... I had a thing for Soda like Cole has a thing for me.

I laughed a bit "hello to you too" I turned around facing the road and followed them down the steps and walking on our way to the Curtis's house.

"Hey Ponyboy, you wanna go to the library today?" I asked, looking at the ground.

"Yeah sure, I'm up for the library any day" he grinned.

"Hey Johnny, you wanna come too?" I asked, looking over to Johnny.

He nodded "that's cool, I'll go with y'all".

I feel like Johnny and I didn't talk much but we didn't need to talk to be close. We understood each other in a different way.

"Go I'm ahead, Steve and I can manage our way back" Two-Bit said.

"Are you sure you can?" I joked.

"Smart ass" Steve murmured.

"Oh god, that's the second time today" I laughed "alright, Dally's at Bucks by the way"

Steve nodded and I waved them off.

Johnny, Ponyboy, and I headed the opposite way and into town, to the library.

Once we reached the library, we walked up the few steps and opened the door to a very quiet space.

"Hey, why did you wanna come today anyways?" Ponyboy asked.

I shrugged "I haven't read much, figured I should give it a try. Got any suggestions?".

"Do you know old English very well?" He asked.

"Actually yeah, I learned a lot in my Freshman year" I nodded, one of the things I actually knew ... kinda weird that I knew it.

Pony thought for a moment and and then disappeared into one of the isles

He came back out with three books, Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights, and Pride and Prejudice and handed them to me.

"Not normally what I would read, but I had to read them in class and I think you would like them" Pony said.

"Hey, thanks Ponyboy" I smiled and set the books down on one of the tables.

I walked down one of the isles as Ponyboy and Johnny walked down the next one over.

I moved some of the books to one side so I could see to the other isle.

"Ponyboy" I whispered is a harsh tone, causing him and Johnny to jump.

I chuckled, "you scared us to death Elliot" Johnny shivered.

"Awe I'm sorry guys" I grinned.

Ponyboy half-heartedly smiled "gonna kill us someday".

I rolled my eyes playfully and moved the books back to where they were and walked around the isle to where Johnny and Pony were.

"Hey Johnny, you likin that jacket okay?" I asked, nodding to the brown leather jacket I had given him.

"Yeah, it's real warm" he nodded and stuffed his hands into the pockets of the jacket.

I nodded "good, good" I smiled softly.

I walked out of the isle and I could see one of the librarians eyeing us from the corner of her eye.

I picked up the books I had set down, the librarian obviously didn't trust us.

Lucky for me, the library cards were free here. I walked up to the desk with the three books.

"I'd like a library card" I smiled.

She smiled a kinda sarcastic smile and grabbed a paper and a pen, then handed it to me "just fill this out".

I nodded and set the paper down in front of me, filling it all out. Once I was finished I handed the paper to her. She took it and walked to the back. After a few minutes she came back with a card. She took the books and scanned them and then scanned the card, setting a piece of paper inside one of the books with the due date and then handed the books to me.

I took the books and the card. I walked over to one of the tables and set the book down, taking my wallet out of my pocket and putting my card in it before putting it away.

I picked the books back up and looked over to the two boys.

"Ready to go boys?" I asked, looking down the isle they were down only to see they weren't there.

I grinned "ah I know what y'all are doin" they were gonna get me back, no doubt.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, turn me around.

I expected to see Ponyboy and Johnny but instead it was a Soc. And not any Soc, the one holding me back from when I was with Ponyboy.

He had a sly grin on his face.

"You better watch it bud, I got a blade" I hissed as Johnny and ponyboy came out of one of the isles.

"Hey Elliot lets go" Johnny said, laying a hand on my shoulder.

I looked back at him and nodded "yeah, let's go" I said and turned to walk out with the boys.

Once we walked out there was the Mustang and four other guys looking right at us.

"Ponyboy, Johnny" I whispered to them "run to the house behind your house" I said nodding to Ponyboy "and jump the fence alright, I'm right behind ya".

They both nodded and with that we all took off running down the road as quick as we could.

Obviously the car was faster than us though. It passed us and ran down a different road but I knew it would come back in a circle so I pulled Johnny and Pony into a small alley way.

The car circled around again and this time went the other way.

I ushered them out of the alley way and we ran down to the house behind the Curtis's and jumped over the fence then ran to the Curtis's house.

By time we reached it, we were all out of breath. We walked in, breathing heavily.

"What happened to you guys?" Dally, Who was sitting on the couch, asked.

I laughed a bit "Socs happened" I said and walked into my room, setting the books down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

360K 13K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...
868K 19.8K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
25.4K 427 11
Blake was a victim of ghostface along with her friends Tara, Sam, Chad and Mindy. They all were betrayed by their friends and their loved ones now no...
688K 25.1K 100
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...