In love with my boss ✔️

By a_cosmic_dust

An office drama. A love story between a boss and an employee. Peep in for more details. Cover by - @Starryxn... More

Introduction
Note
1. The boss
2. Accident with the boss
3. The Dinner
4. Thakkar's Project
5. Mukti
6. Meeting and Pizzas
7. Hitler Boss. Worried Assistant.
8. The Demise
9. Talks
10. The glimpse of a friend
11. You are Fired.
12. The plan backfires
13. Regained Friendship
14. The Assurance
16. We Can't Be Friends Again.
17. Jealous Him
18. The Trust
19. Manik's Secret Meeting
20. Abhi and Nandu
21. Surprise
22. He is back
23. I am in Love
24. The Past
25. Secret Night Outs
26. Will You Marry Me?
27. My Silent Love
28. The Unknown Author
29. Sealed With A Kiss
30. The Confession
31. You Are My Peace
New Cover
32. First Date
33. Date Night Extended
34. The 'Aarav' Factor
35. Board Director
Note
36. An Evening With Friends
37. He is Back
37.1 The Moster Malhotra
38. Unedited
39. Unedited
40. Unedited
41. Unedited
Note (Important)
Hello
37.1 The Monster Malhotra
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Scene -1
Bonus Scene - 2
Bonus Scene - 3
Bonus Scene - 4
Last Note (& the journey further)

15. A Lost Friend?

7.3K 872 264
By a_cosmic_dust

Hello Fam :)

I have started this book a few months ago but couldn't continue writing it. Reason? After writing a part of this chapter, I have lost interest. I felt the previous chapters boring and too emotional. But I couldn't delete it as they are required.

I felt some pace in the story after this chapter. I need your opinions though. :)

Happy Reading...

Next day, evening
Malhotra Mansion

Everyone at Malhotra mansion was getting ready for the party. Both the men, after getting ready, were waiting for Nandu. As soon as she came, Manik gaped at her and Raj smirked looking at his expressions. Nandu, who was busy with her mobile, was oblivious of their reactions.

Raj(grinned): Princess, you are looking beautiful. I don't know kitne ladke marenge aaj.

He teased Manik, who looked down afraid of being caught.

Nandu(playfully glared at him): Uncle, chale we are getting late.

They all leave for the party. After reaching the venue, Nandu held Raj's hand and went in. Manik was behind them calling Cabir. They all go towards Cabir.

Cabir(fake shocked): Uncle, party outsiders ke liye nahi hai. Yeh aap kis ladki ko utha laye. Where's our Nandu?

Nandu(glared): Cabir, I am preponing my murder plans.

Cabir(complimented): Arey Nandu, you are looking gorgeous.

Nandu(sarcastically): And you are not looking less than a monkey. A hungry one rather.

Cabir glared at her which she shrugged off. Soon, they were busy talking to other business people. Nandu saw Manik engrossed in his mobile unaware of the stares he was getting from the females around. She also found Dhruv smirking at a corner looking at them. Cringing her eyebrows, she went to Manik.

Nandu: Manik?

Manik(still looking at the phone): Haan, bolo.

Nandu(rolling her eyes): Manik, look at me.

Manik looks up at her.

Nandu(questioned): What are you so busy at?

Manik(whines): Arey Nandu, main subway surfers khel raha tha. I am about to complete the daily challenge. Tumhari wajah se beech mein ruk gaya.

Nandu(sarcastically): Sure. But Mr. Malhotra, the female homo sapiens present here are unaware of the kid inside you and are eye feasting you, going by your sinfully handsome looks. So, I would suggest you, be more careful rather than playing this stupid games.

Manik(pouts): This is not a stupid game.

Nandu(glares): Tumhe bas wahi samajh aaya hai?

Manik gives her a sheepish smile and looks around. Keeping his mobile in his pocket, he concentrates on the small stage where the announcement was about to take place.

Mr. Thakkar comes on stage and announces that they will be doing the project with the Malhotra and Dhawan Industries. Everyone starts congratulating them. Raj excuses himself to meet Mr. Thakkar, one of his old friends. Cabir, Manik, and Nandu were talking, when they were interrupted by someone.

'Will you go on a date with me'.

Manik who was drinking some juice choked on it. Cabir was amused and Nandini, whose back was facing him, turned around to look at the person.

Nandu(surprised): Mr. Thakkar?

Abhimanyu(grinned): Will you go on a date with me, Ms. Murthy?

Abhimanyu asked with a lopsided grin on his face. Manik's jaw clenched, clearly trying to control his anger. Cabir was shocked by the situation. No one has dared to ask Nandini out and still standing on his feet. He was expecting her to punch him but she looked at Abhimanyu with her hands folded across her chest. As he didn't get any answer from her, Abhimanyu spoke further.

Abhi(smirked): I am sure, I can handle a few punches and slaps.

Nandu nodded her head in disbelief before hugging him tightly. Breaking the hug, he said.

Abhi(excitedly): I missed you so much, Nandu.

Nandu(chuckled): I missed you too, Abhi. How are you?

Cabir was shocked and looked at Manik, who was equally shocked. He whispered.

Cabir(whispered): Bhai, what the hell is going on?

Manik(pissed): How would I know?

Manik was a bit loud gaining the attention of Nandu and Abhi.

Nandu(pointing towards Manbir): Oh I forgot them. But, I don't think I need to introduce you to each other.

Abhi(smiled): Not at all.

Abhi gives them a handshake. Manik's anger resulted in him in squeezing Abhimanyu's hand without even realizing it. Abhi who felt this didn't pay much attention and withdrew his hand.

Cabir(curiously): Nandu, you didn't tell us about being friends with Abhimanyu.

Abhi(mocked): Inhe hum yaad hi kahan rehte hai, haina Murthy.

Nandu(sarcastically): very funny, Thakkar. Cabir we were friends in university.

Abhi(accused): Uske baad you ditched me. Kitna kuch nahi kiya maine tumhare liye?

Nandu(disbelievingly): Stop being so dramatic, Abhimanyu.

They again indulged themselves in their talking forgetting about the other two. To control his anger, Manik left from there followed by a concerned Cabir.

Cabir(worried): Manik, tu theek hai?

Manik(frustrated): Tujhe main theek lagta hun? Why are they laughing? They are friends? He asked her for a date? She never told us about him.

Cabir(seriously): I guess tujhe Mukti ki zaroorat. Only she can handle your mood swings.

Manik(yelled): Mere mood swings nahi ho rahe.

Cabir(explained): Listen, he might not be a close friend. Nandu ne date ke liye haan nahi kiya. You should be happy that she is at least friends with someone.

Manik(pouts): Lekin..

Cabir(softly): Manik, stop making this an issue.

Manik gets pissed off and looks towards Nandu, who was now on the dance floor with Abhimanyu.

Manik(gritting his teeth): I am not making an issue. Dekh kitne chipak kar dance kar rahe hai. Mere saath kabhi dance nahi kiya.

Cabir(teased): Aaj tak tune kabhi pucha hai kya use dance ke liye? Itna darta hai uss se. Kyun karegi woh dance tere saath? Waise they are making an adorable pair. Abhimanyu is surely a nice guy.

Manik(furious): I will kill you. Tu mera friend hai ya uska?

Cabir(coolly): Dekh either listen to me and stop being jealous or let me tease you and enjoy your state for some time.

Manik glares at him. Someone comes and talks to him and he gets busy with the business. After the dance,

Abhi(teasing): By the way Nandini, you never told me about Manik? What's going on, Murthy?

Nandu(glared playfully): God, Abhimanyu. Kab sudhroge tum? Manik is my friend. I stay with them, the Malhotras.

Abhi(pouted): But you never told me that you already have a friend. I was proud that I am your first friend. Looks like you just love to break my heart. Why Nandini, why?

Nandu(rolling her eyes): Will you just stop with this drama of yours?

Abhi(faked sadness): Ab kya mera drama bhi nahi pasand tumhe?

Nandu(sarcastically): Haan jaise ki pehle mein tumhare drama par marti thi na?

They both laughed when they were interrupted by Dhruv.

Dhruv(smirked): Having fun, guys?

Nandu stiffens seeing the person in front of her with a smirk plastered on his face.

How about another round of mission "Dhruv ki band bajao"? :P

Abhimanyu is here. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 4.9K 76
Aksar hum dur hokar bhi ek dusre koo mehsus kar patey hey,,,,,, Per pas hogar bhi ek dusre koo samaj nehi pate.... Yehi toh khasiyath hay risto ke...
148K 7K 49
" #1 Ranking - truelove " (7/4/2023) After talent hunt compitition Nandini was blamed by Dhruv and Alya for the separate of FAB 5. Where as the truth...
81.3K 14.2K 47
In this world full of trendy and fancy relationships and so called situationships, how hard do you think it is to find true love? Meet Sidharth Shuk...
156K 13.9K 78
Story of three brothers this is the continuation of Book LEHRE... this will emphasize on the fact How these brothers tackle with ups and down of li...