Midnight Cigarettes ; The Out...

By poisonousmalfoy

He pulled out a cigarette and lit it. "Sodapop Curtis, but you can call me Soda" he answered. "Sodapop?" I ch... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
Epiloge
Authors Note
Revamp

18.

7.3K 116 59
By poisonousmalfoy

Elliot's P.O.V

My third day of suspension was the same as the first. It was full of work. Well it was about to be.

I walked out of my room, dressed in jeans and the button up and converse like always.

I walked into the kitchen area behind Pony, who was cooking breakfast. I grabbed an apple and took a bite of it.

"Since when do you wake up first?" I teased him  after swallowing the bite I took of the apple.

"I don't know" he shrugged "I just woke up pretty early" he laughed a bit "you know how to cook?"

I thought for a moment "yeah I can cook, I barley have time and all but I had to cook for myself all the time before I came here"

Normally Pony and I were the last ones up but this time we were the first so I had a little time.

"Do you think you could teach me some things sometime?" He asked

"Yeah Ponyboy, Of course" I said and took another bite of the apple.

Soda came out of Pony and his room and walked over to us. "Wow, you two are up early"

"I know right" I said and leaned against the counter.

"I'm gonna go get a shower, I shouldn't be to long after Cherry" he said as he turned around and walked to the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

Two-Bit and Steve walked through the door, talking loudly as always. Steve walked over to the icebox and pulled out the chocolate cake like he normally did.

I took another bite of the apple and walked into the living room and sat on the couch next to Two-Bit.

"Where's my brother?" I asked him.

"No one told you? ... Dal got hauled into the cooler" he answered.

"What? And no one told me? What for?" I said and quickly stood up.

"Shit Elliot I'm sorry, I thought you would've been told. Him and a few other got taken in for a fight, they both pulled blades and the Cops pulled up right on time"

Right then Soda came out of the bathroom, wrapped in a towel.

"Hey SodaPop, do you think I could skip the first few hours today? Dallas is in the cooler" I sighed.

"Yeah, that's fine ... want me to go with you?" He offered.

"Oh no Soda, that's fine you guys can't afford that" I shook my head and walked over to the couch where I left the jacket Soda gave me and picked it up, slipping it on.

"I'll go with ya" Two-Bit offered

"Okay, that works" I nodded.

Soda walked over to me before going to his room and changing. He pulled me into a small kiss and then leaned into my ear so the others couldn't hear.

"Don't forget about your neck" he reminded me and then pulled away "I'll see you at work later" he nodded and walked back to his room.

Good thing he reminded me, I already forgot. I'm just glad no one noticed.

"Ready Two-Bit?" I asked and walked over to the door.

He nodded and got up, walking out the door after me. We made our way out of the gate and onto the road.

"How long is he in there?" I asked

"I don't know, I'd say sixty days. Maybe fifty if he can keep up good behavior" he answered.

"Shit, he's really gotta stay out of this kinda stuff" I shook my head.

"He's Dally, I don't think anything would stop him"

"Maybe not, but I need to think of something. If something happened to Dallas ... Two-Bit he's the only family I have left. My parents can't stand me"

Two-Bit shook his head "Dally ain't your only family ... you have us now, the gang" he said and grinned after "who else is gonna tease Soda and you"

"Always turning things into jokes" I laughed a bit "you guys are the closest to family that I've had in a while"

"And you said that we were turnin you soft, look at me" he pointed out.

"Oh please, you ain't got any less goofy"

"Speaking of teasing Soda and you, you better make sure Dally don't see that" he chuckled

"See what ... oh shit" and of course he had seen them, I rubbed one of my hands over my neck.

We walked the rest of the way, Two-Bit occasionally cracking a joke or making fun of something. He could always make anyone laugh, that or he could annoy someone to death.

We finally made it up to the jail and walked inside. Once we got up to the front I didn't wait for the person to speak "I'm here for Dallas Winston"

"No visitors right now" the guy responded.

"Listen to me, that's my brother in there. You either let me through to see him or I will climb over this desk and make you" I said getting real close to him.

The guy sighed "give me a minute to see what I can do" he said

"Thank you" I said sarcastically and he walked behind some doors.

"You really are your brothers sister" Two-Bit said.

I nodded "I did live in New York for twelve years and that place is the real deal" I pointed out.

The guy came back from behind the doors "follow me" he said.

I followed him behind the doors with Two-Bit behind me.

He lead us to a room where they had Dallas already sitting and waiting for us.

I would've hugged him if that's what Winston's did but it's just not.

Two-Bit and I sat in front of him.

"Dallas ... what did you do" I said, shaking my head lightly.

He shrugged "it was a fair fight, it would've been fine if these bozos hadn't showed up" he said referring to the cops.

"Dallas, you could've got seriously hurt" I pointed out.

"Wouldn't have been the first time" he shrugged again.

"That's not the point"

"Your right, the point is that we would've got away with it"

"Thats not the point god dammit!" I yelled and ran a hand down my face "the point is you're the only family I have left ... if something were to happen to you I don't know what I would do with myself"

Dallas looked a little taken back "gee Ell, I didn't think about that" he said and looked down at the ground.

"No you didn't, because you don't think. You never think" I sighed and looked down "I can't go back to New York Dallas ... I don't want to"

"I'm real sorry Ell" he said and even Two-Bit looked confused.

I nodded "it's cool" I said and looked back up "do you need anything?" I asked.

He shook his head "I'll be fine Ell, really"

"Okay" I nodded "I'll come by soon alright" I said and stood back up.

He nodded and waved to Two-Bit and I as we walked out.

We made our way back out the jail and onto the road again.

"You alright?" Two-Bit asked.

I nodded "I'm good"

We walked the rest of the way back to the Curtis's house but I didn't go in.

"I'm gonna head on to work, I'll see you later Two-Bit" I said and waved to him.

He waved back and turned the opposite way going who knows where.

I waked the rest of the way to the DX and walked over into the garage to tell Soda I was there. He was talking to a customer. He picked up a rag and wiped off his hands.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry to interrupt I just wanted to let you know that I'm here" I said to Soda.

He nodded "you alright?" He asked.

I nodded "I'm okay"

He nodded and I walked through the door to the garage into the store and behind the register like normal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 2.3K 44
A teenage girl from Kansas spends the entire summer in her hometown Tulsa, Oklahoma visiting her cousin Steve Randle. She lays eyes on Tulsas bad boy...
1M 43.9K 89
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
745K 8.9K 91
Bellamy Blake x Reader May sometimes contain smut, so please be warned Also, will be graphic at some parts There will be spoilers ...
14.4K 698 11
"tu bas mera hai ISHAN KISHAN...Ye baat apni choti dimag main ghusa le"~~