Midnight Cigarettes ; The Out...

By poisonousmalfoy

He pulled out a cigarette and lit it. "Sodapop Curtis, but you can call me Soda" he answered. "Sodapop?" I ch... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
Epiloge
Authors Note
Revamp

5.

11.1K 179 363
By poisonousmalfoy

Elliot's P.O.V

"Ponyboy, Johnny! Let's go, we don't wanna be late" I yelled, picking up all my books and walking to the front door, Pony and Johnny walking out behind me.

"See ya later Cherry!" Soda called out before I walked out the door.

"See ya Cola" I called back, chuckling at the new nickname I gave to him.

We walked out and began our walk to school, which wasn't that far from us.

Soda has offered me a job at the DX working at the register and I told him I would think about it. I think I'm gonna take it though, I wanna be able to help out a bit since I'm living with them.

I was soon snapped out of my thinking as we arrived at the school.

"Alright, I'll see you hobos late" I grinned at the two boys as we made it to the door.

Pony and Johnny laughed. "See ya later" the both said as we parted ways.

My first period was English, which was my favorite. I always had a thing for writing.

I quickly sat down in my seat just as the bell rang. The teacher began a new lecture and as always I would sit there and listen. Occasionally daydreaming about who knows what.

Halfway through class the teacher put everyone in pairs.

I looked around class to see who I would be paired with when the teacher pointed to me and some other guy that I hadn't seen before.

I got up and walked over to him, sitting across from him. "Hey" I smiled lightly.

"Hey" he said and smiled back.

He was definitely a greaser.

"I'm cole by the way" he said and leaned forward with his hand stuck out for me to shake my hand.

I shook his hand lightly "Elliot. Elliot Winston" I replied.

"Oh, a Winston" he grinned.

"Of course, you've heard of my brother Dallas" I shook my head "I guess he's pretty famous around here"

He laughed a bit "after being in and out of the cooler. I guess so" he replied, leaning back in his chair.

"Do you remember what we're suppose to do?" I asked him.

He thought for a moment "I wasn't paying attention" he shook his head.

I know I'm not great at school, but I'm actually trying this time around. I like Tulsa, I like the gang and I don't wanna screw it up this time.

I shrugged it off this time since this was one of the first times since I've been here.

The rest of the period Cole and I just talked. I found out he's been here his whole life like most of the people here. And that he plays football.

He was a cool person.

The rest of the day went smoothly and by time it was time to go I was walking out the front doors with Cole, cracking up over a super cheesy joke he had told me.

He turned to me before I walked off to Pony and Johnny. "Do ya think I could maybe take you on a date sometime?" He asked.

I thought for a moment "pick me up at seven exactly tonight" I said, taking his arm and a pen and writing the address on his arm.

I began to walk over to the boys when I turned around shortly "don't be late" I said and continued to walk to the two boys.

Once I got over to Pony and Johnny they were both looking at me like I had killed someone.

"Are y'all coming?" I asked as I began to walk home.

They caught up to me and both looked over at me.

"Dally's not gonna take that very well" Pony said, scrunching his nose.

"That's why were not gonna tell Dally" I said and blew out a breath I didn't know I was holding "I'm not jokin guys, don't tell Dallas I'll be skinned alive".

"Fine, fine. I won't say nothin" Pony said.

I looked over to Johnny. "You ain't gotta worry about me" Johnny said, looking at the ground.

"Thanks guys" I said, looking down.

"I don't think Soda will take that too well either" Pony commented.

I looked over at him "why would Soda care?" I asked suspiciously.

Pony looked up at me and grinned "the way y'all talk to each other" he said.

"And the way they look at each other" Johnny commented.

"Oh stop that, Sodas still gettin over Sandy. Besides Soda and I are just good friends that's all" I said, looking down at the books I was carrying.

"What ever ya say" Pony said as we reached the house.

As we walked in the door, Soda and Steve sat on the couch watching TV.

"What are y'all doin home?" I asked, passing them to go to my room and set my books down.
When I came back Steve kept his eyes on the TV and replied "we got off a bit early today, business was slow".

"Oh okay" I said, walking into the kitchen and grabbing a bottle of water and walking back to the couch and sitting down on the floor below Soda.

"Hey Cherry, what are you doin tonight?" He wondered.

I rubbed the back of my neck and looked up at him "I'm actually busy tonight ... I gotta date" I said, looking from Soda to Steve and back to Soda.

"Oh yeah? Who you gotta date with?" Steve asked, leaning forward and grinning.

"A Guy" I said uncomfortably.

Soda and Steve looked at each other.
"What time is he comin over?" Steve asked.

"Seven" I said, opening my water bottle and taking a gulp of it. There was no backing out of this one.

"Soda, you got your switch?" Steve asked.

I looked up at Steve and then up at Soda who was already smirking. "Just so happens I got a new one".

"Stop it" I rolled my eyes "don't scare the guy away on the first day. I want this to go good"

"No promises" Steve said, leaning back this time.

"Yeah, yeah" I said standing up and walking back to my room, leaving them there.

I walked to the small dresser and opened the one drawer with a couple of dresses in it. I barley ever wore dresses. But I've been to a few school dances.

I pulled out a black spaghetti strap dress along with my jean jacket. I laid it out and decided to get caught up on some of my homework.

                                   *~*

Just as I finished a paper I was writing for English, I looked to the clock to see it was already 6. I shoved my paper into a folder and began to change into the dress and jacket.

I never really wore dresses, I actually hated the feeling of them. But I felt it was necessary for tonight.

I then stepped into my old beat up converse, which were the only shoes I had. I turned off the lamp in the room and opening the door.
I peeked my head out to hear everyone talking.

Of course, they had to be here now. I took a small breath, opened the door, and walked out.

I closed the door quietly behind me and looked around the corner a little more.

I walked out of the hallway as quietly as I could. I passed by the group of guys, making to the door easily. I was almost sure I got away with it, but I should've known I can't get away with anything here because right as I placed my hand on the door knob, someone cleared their throat.

I turned around to see them all staring. I laughed awkwardly "we keep seeing each other like this" I said pressing my lips together.

"Where are you goin all dressed up?" Two-Bit asked.

I looked over to Soda and Steve for help but they were both hiding a smirk and turned away as I looked at them.

"Well I - I'm goin a a date" I answered.

"A date?" Dallas asked suspiciously.

"Yeah"

"With who?"

"Uh his name's Cole" I shrugged

That moment there was a knock on the door.

"Oh look at that he must be here, I'll see you guys later bye!" I said turning to open the door.

"Not so fast" Dallas stopped me and got up walking over to the door and opening it to see Cole standing there in his leather jacket and jeans.

"Hey Cole" I said awkwardly.

"Hey Elliot" he replied with a small smile on his face.

Dallas looked between the two of us for a second and then looked to Cole.

"You see these boys back here" he said and pointed to the whole gang behind them. I turned around to look at everyone. "If you so much as lay a hand on her" he said, steve pulling out his switch blade to scare him. "You'll regret it" Dallas let that sink in for a moment.

"Note taken" Cole responded

Soda came up behind me and placed a hand on the small of my back "you look real nice tonight Cherry. Let us know if he gets too close" he teased.

I elbowed Soda in the gut, getting an agh out of him. "Go sit down ... and thanks" I looked up to Dallas "you too, I'll be fine" I assured him.

He nodded "alright then, have fun kid".

He went to sit back down and I walked out the door, and closed it behind me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

463K 9.7K 36
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
3.2K 80 10
"I HATE YOU! god, I hate you so fucking much, jameson. I will never stop hating you. Until I take my very last breath, I will hate you will every bon...
928 79 10
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, a strong hatred for one another gradually blooms into something much more then friendship.
14.6K 707 11
"tu bas mera hai ISHAN KISHAN...Ye baat apni choti dimag main ghusa le"~~