Seize the Miracle, Capture yo...

By JSBelard

Once, there was a cupid who fell in love with a mortal boy. The cupid made sure that mortal boy would find ha... More

Prologue
One (Teo)
Two (Teo)
Three (Clark)
Four (Teo)
Five (Clark)
Six (Teo)
Seven (Teo)
Eight (Clark)
Nine (Teo)
Ten (Teo)
Eleven (Clark)
Twelve (Teo)
Thirteen (Teo)
Fourteen (Clark)
Fifteen (Teo)
Sixteen (Teo)
Seventeen (Clark)
Eighteen (Ethan)
Nineteen (Teo)
Twenty (Teo)
Twenty One (Clark)
Twenty Two (Ethan)
Twenty Three (Teo)
Twenty Four (Teo)
Twenty Five (Clark)
Twenty Six (Ethan)
Twenty Seven (Teo)
Twenty Nine (Clark)
Thirty (Ethan)
Thirty One (Clark)
Thirty Two (Ethan)
Thirty Three (Teo)
Thirty Four (Teo)
Thirty Five (Clark)
Thirty Six (Ethan)
Thirty Seven (Teo)
Thirty Eight (Teo)
Thirty Nine (Clark)
Forty (Ethan)
Forty One (Teo)
Forty Two (Teo)
Forty Three (Clark)
Forty Four (Ethan)
Forty Five (Teo)
Forty Six (Teo)
Forty Seven (Clark)
Forty Eight (Ethan)
Forty Nine (Teo)
Fifty (Damien)

Twenty Eight (Teo)

44 8 0
By JSBelard

For the first time in my entire life, I would be celebrating my birthday away from my family, but it would also be the first birthday I celebrate with Damien, my greatest love, and my boyfriend.

Wow, saying that is enough to send butterflies flying in my stomach.

I didn't know how to feel about my birthday, honestly. I miss my family, but also I'm excited to be with Damien.

Needless to say, the fourteenth of November that year was the most complicated day - yet - in my entire life. Emotionally, I mean.

The day started very normally, uneventful even. I woke up, showered, ate my breakfast, and then went to class. My friends greeted me, and I promised to treat them.

Axel didn't make a huge fuss out of the whole thing, he knew better than that. Every year, I celebrated my birthday with the people I care about, and I didn't like making a huge spectacular about it.

I know it's the one day of the year I could ask for all the attention, but I don't like having all the attention, I like being surrounded by people that love me, and not a day goes by that they do not make me feel loved.

So for me, my birthday is just any other day.

Well, the only person allowed to actually make a fuss on my birthday is Kuya Martin. He would prepare elaborate surprises and extravagant gifts, and I got used to them. Every time I would tell him to stop doing that, he would sulk, so I just let him.

Things only got exciting, or should I say crazy, after class.

"So, birthday boy." Axel said with a smile. "Are you ready for what's in store for you this day?" He asked.

"Axel, I told you, I don't like..." I complained.

"I'm not the one who planned the whole thing, though." He said with a smile.

"Whole thing? Axel, what are you talking about?" I asked him. I was worried about a big celebration. I know everyone dreamed of having one in their life, but since it entails having a lot of attention drawn to me, I don't want that.

The moment we stepped out of the building, I wanted to shrink embarrassment.

"Oh my god..." I sighed as my whole face burned.

Clark and James were holding a banner with 'Happy Birthday our Dearest Teo' written on it. Each side of the banner had countless balloons tied.

Then things got worst; Damien suddenly appeared holding a dozen red roses housed in a beautiful white leather box. In front of the box was my name in gold.

I tried to turn back inside the building, but Axel held me back as my friends blocked the way.

"Ohhh... How romantic." Yana said.

"I'm jealous." Reah added.

"It's hard to compete with that." Danny admitted.

"It's not like you even have someone to do that with." Gilbert teased.

I looked at Janine for help but she just smiled at me. "Just enjoy it." She said.

There's no way I can enjoy this whole thing! Everyone is looking at me! Embarrassing, this is so embarrassing!

Damien was looking at me and then chuckled as he saw my expression. He was enjoying the whole thing. He knew that I was being embarrassed, but he was enjoying it.

What is he thinking? He knows I hate these kinds of things...

He walked towards me with a smile and then leaned closer. "Happy birthday, my boyfriend..." Damien whispered in my ears.

I looked around and people had their phones out; probably taking photos and videos of the whole thing. "You know I hate..."

"When I confessed to you, and when I made it official between us, I haven't really done anything romantic. I've always wanted to do something romantic for you, Teo. I've always dreamed of confessing in a grand manner. I know you hate things like this, but just this once, let me do something romantic for you." He said with a smile. "I want to show what I feel, so you won't have any doubts anymore."

"Just to be clear, you don't have to plan big events like this. Just hold my hand, that's romantic enough for me..." I said lowly as he handed me the white leather box of roses.

With those words, Damien's smile got even wider. He leaned closer to me, and then in front of everybody, he kissed my forehead.

That kiss almost made my heart stopped.

It made me feel very happy, and yet it made me anxious.

I kept on thinking that another disaster would happen, but Gaia did nothing.

And it only made me fear what's to come even more.

Something even bigger is coming. I thought. That's why Gaia let that kiss happen without a disaster happening.

People cheered and clapped around us, and it made me feel really numb. My knees felt like jelly, and thank goodness Damien was there to hold me.

As he did, a mild breeze of air blows and red petals started falling from the sky. As it rained petals, Damien started walking towards me.

It was really weird, I had no idea where those petals came from. Those petals fell from the sky out of nowhere, that's why everyone else was mystified. It was a miracle, but my pendant didn't turn before that at all, so that's why I was very confused how it happened.

Who, what, made it happen?

Everyone else around me was as amazed and confused as I was.

We both looked up in the sky, and I could see the amazement in Damien's eyes. That's how I was sure that he was not the one behind it. Was it a gift from Fate, then?

The surprises didn't end there, when we got back to the condo, I realized how much Damien prepared for the whole thing. The moment I opened the door, I could hear voices speaking in our living room.

I could hear Ethan, but the voices that got me even more excited were my parents.

"Mom! Dad!" I called in joy as I saw them inside. My heart was jumping in joy. "You're here." I said as I gave them both a hug.

"We wouldn't miss your birthday, darling." Mom said as she hugged me back.

"I thought you were busy..." I told them.

"We're never too busy for you." Dad said as he ruffled my hair. "Besides, Damien here arranged everything already, so we couldn't say no." He added as he gave a thankful smile to Damien.

I looked back at Damien and he smiled at me. God, am I lucky or what? I have the best boyfriend anyone can ask.

"How long are you going to be here?" I asked the both of them.

"Sorry, Teo, we couldn't stay for long." Dad said apologetically.

"It's alright." I said happily. "We still have Christmas break."

Mom leaned closer. "We won't mind if you bring your boyfriend along..." Hearing her say that made me blush.

"We heard, and we're happy for you." Dad added.

"Now, about your Kuya..." Mom said.

I looked around instantly and looked for him. "He's not here?" I asked, quite disappointed not to see him there.

"So you still miss me. It's good to hear that." Kuya walked out of my room holding a framed picture of me and Damien. "What's this, Teo? Why is this in your bedside table? Why isn't it our picture instead?" He sounded genuinely pissed.

I embraced my Kuya tightly, hoping that he would not continue on his jealous path.

"If you think that would work, not this time Teo." He said. "What's this about you and Damien being boyfriends? How come you didn't tell me anything? You used to tell me everything, I guess now that you have a boyfriend, you don't need me anymore." He added.

"Kuya, you know that's not true." I hugged him tighter. It was more of a squeeze actually.

"Oww..." He complained and then squeezed me back. "Two can play at that game."

We both got exhausted and let go. "I still need an explanation, Teo. Why didn't you tell me about it?"

"If you heard about it beforehand, what would you do?" I asked back.

"Of course, I'll fly here and give him..." He eyed Damien sharply. "...a proper talking."

"That's why I didn't tell you." I told him.

"I'm disappointed, Teo. You keep secrets from me now..." He was guilt-tripping me, and I hate to admit it, but it was working, kind of...

"Martin." Dad finally interjected. "Today is Teo's birthday, we're here to celebrate with him. Don't upset your brother."

"I'm not trying to upset him, I was just..."

"Martin." Dad repeated, and just like that, Kuya gave in. He sighed and patted me on the head. "Fine, we'll talk about this later. Don't be upset, Teo." He said.

Mom and Dad seemed fond of Damien, but Kuya Martin was different. "Are you sure you won't make our Teo cry again?" He asked Damien. "Don't even think about cheating on him..."

"Kuya..." I complained. "I thought you said we'll talk about this later?" I asked him. "Stop terrorizing Damien."

"What? I'm just making sure..." Kuya insisted. "I heard there's this girl chasing you around, you're not giving her any mix signals, are you?"

How did he found out about Elisse? Do I even have to ask? I looked at Axel and he looked away in an instant.

"You really can't shut your mouth, can you?" Clark said as he shook his head.

"You don't understand, if I didn't tell him, I'll be the one in trouble." Axel defended himself. "He knows too much about me, it's dangerous not to do what he wants."

"Ohhh... so you have many secrets." Clark said sarcastically. "Does it have anything to do with your dating history? I want to know too..."

"No, it's not like that..." Axel defended himself.

"I know this might not be the right place, but did you find out who your parents are trying to set you up with?" Ethan asked James.

"I have no idea yet. And it's starting to frustrate me. Why are you so curious about it?" James asked back.

"No particular reason..." Ethan replied, but he sounded suspicious.

"No. I'm not." Damien replied. "I only have eyes for Teo." He insisted. Although it made me happy to hear that, it also made me want to shrink in my seat.

"Just make sure of that." Kuya continued. "If you make my Teo cry, I'll take him back." He added.

"Martin, stop trying to intimidate your brother's boyfriend." Mom said sternly. "We know you love Teo, but he'll end up hating you if you continue to give Damien a hard time." She added.

"Is that true, you'll end up hating me?" Kuya asked, sounding a bit worried as he looked at me. "It's not true, Teo, is it? You love Kuya, right?"

I felt Damien's heavy stare. He was looking at me so intently, that I couldn't help but think that he's being jealous of my brother.

"Martin, you used to like Damien, you even said he was like a younger brother to you, why give him a hard time now?" Dad asked.

Kuya sighed. "Well, he cheered up Teo that summer, but he made him cry right just after. Besides, the situation now is different, I never thought he and Teo would become boyfriends."

"It was a misunderstanding, I didn't mean to make cry. I hate it more than anything else when Teo is sad." Damien said in an instant. He said it so straightly that no one can even doubt his sincerity.

"You heard him, Martin. Stop terrorizing him." Mom said sternly, and that was enough to make my brother give in.

Damien baked me a beautiful two layer cake. The first layer was made to look like a giant bag of Maltesers and the second layer was a pack of Milo. The taste was even more amazing.

I made a wish as I blew the candle. It was actually difficult; ever since Damien became my boyfriend, I had everything that I ever wanted.

That time, the blue boy's words came to my mind.

So in the end, I wished for the cupid to finally be able to give happiness to the mortal boy he fell in love with.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 1.2K 25
CARE for someone, SACRIFICE for someone, HELP someone without expecting anything in return, is it possible? Yes it is, but what if they fall in LOVE...
4.1K 160 9
Aftermath- But the full story. POST VAMPIRISM ARC- [CHARACTER DEATH AND DISASSOCIATION] It's been ages since it's ended. Everything's returned back...
7.5K 510 20
__ "I can't love you." "...I don't understand." "And you never will. This is your what if." "I don't want you to be my what if, though." "And I didn'...
49.9K 4K 28
"You are and always have been my whole world." He started by answering his first question, looking at the blanket he was covered by. He will speak th...