Retaliate-Detroit:Become Huma...

By ArchaicArtist2189

Violet is a deviant. A twist of fate sends her crossing paths with Connor. Can Violet show Connor that devi... More

Reflections
Face To Face
Who Are You Really?
A Sleeping World
Reclaim Your Mind
Russian Roulette
Sexual Deviants
Stay Safe, Old Friend
Android Heaven
Love the Lost
Goodbye, Dear Family of Mine
My Name is Markus
Empathy, Sweet Empathy
A Wise Man Once Told Me
I Remember You, and I'm Sorry
Whatever Happens, I'll Protect You
Adrenaline and Fear
I Lost My Love, But You Don't Have to Lose Yours
Synthetic Siblings
Our Name is Jerry!
The Hamony of Chaos
Steamy Situations
Love Bites(Smut-ish)
Loving You(Smut!)
Guilty Undertones
...Identity...
Brother in Arms
Life Goes On
A Painting of Love

Eye for an Eye and the World Goes Blind

1.1K 43 12
By ArchaicArtist2189

Violet's POV

Markus, North and I walked into the square that held the CyberLife store.  I ran to the digital construction sign and pushing it into the road, then hacked the sign to say the road was closed. 

Markus stepped towards me and leaned towards my ear, "I hope I'm not asking too much, but I think it would be good for you to try and be friendly with North.  She typically hates everyone she first meets, hell she hated me when she first met me.  Oh, and also, I don't want violence in this mission, alright?  North has a tendency to go for more violent options but I do not want that."  I stared at Markus and gave him a form nod, "I'll try, it wouldn't make sense to hate eachother.  We are kind of in this together, right?"

Markus nodded and gave a smile, "Exactly.  I'll have to tell you my little life story one day, it really does help with getting to know someone." He playfully punched my shoulder then looked at the construction sign. 

Markus gave me a thumbs up and we proceeded to the store front.  "We need to take out the security system before breaking into the store front."  Me and North nodded. 

I pointed towards the police drone flying over the square, "Markus! We need to take down that drone before it spots and reports us!" 

Markus nodded and scanned the area, he ran up the scaffolding and waited for the drone.  Once the drone was within reach, he leaped on top of it.  A gasp escaped my lips, North didn't seem scared by it, "Does he do this often or something?"

North looked at me in shock, like she's surprised I talked to her, "Uh, yeah he's done it before."  She crosses her arms and watched Markus rip the drones wing and crash to the ground. 

"Well, when?" I tried my best to give her a kind smile, trying to ignore her confused look. 

"A few days ago, we went to a warehouse to get spare parts.  They had a drone out by the warehouse entrance and Markus took action, taking down the drone and still never got caught.  He's really brave." I could tell from the tone in her voice, when she wasn't focused on hating me, she talked with passion about Markus. 

"Do you like him?" My words made her stop completely, she turned to me with wide eyes. "M-me? No! W-why would I?" She looked away and tried her best to look convincing, but it doesn't take a genius to tell she's lying.  Even a brain dead idiot could tell. 

"Really?  I mean, I see the way you look at him.  And let's be honest, I came here and when he hugged me, you immediately hated me.  Also, just to clarify, he only hugged me because I helped Simon get off the roof of the broadcast building and fixed his broken circuits." I rubbed the back of my neck and chuckled nervously. 

"What about in his office?" She finally looked me in the eye, the glare burning a hole in me.

I sighed, "I.....I'm a WR400 model....do you know the purpose of those models?" She hesitantly nodded, "I should know, I am too."

I hadn't noticed her model, I feel kind of dumb now, "I, yeah of course, but I was personalized. I was a personal model, I wasn't in a sex club with rules, I was in a house with no restrictions on what could be done to me. Markus he...he came to tell me we were going to leave soon but he saw me getting changed. Don't worry! He didn't see anything inappropriate unless you consider a bra inappropriate. But he did see the scars me owner left over my skin." North stayed quiet, her eyes were wide.

I sighed and turned to her, " I told him about my friend Connor, that's the RK800 who's jacket this is. And his story is complicated, so I just showed him. After looking back over everything, I needed some kind of comfort, and I just hugged him. I-I'm sorry if I hurt you in any way, I don't see Markus like that, I love my Connor."

When North didn't speak, I sighed and turned away, "Yeah, well, we can get on with the mission. There's more time to talk later." North places her hand on my shoulder and paused, finally giving me a small sad smile.

She walked away to where Markus was searching. I let out a sharp breath, and looked around for the power line that connects to the store.

I noticed androids working on the power lines that were embedded in the ground. "Markus, over here!" Markus and North trotted over, Markus turned towards me.

" I'll convert the androids, you override the security line." I nodded and hopped into the hole. After hacking the system, I climbed out of the hole and saw Markus grabbed the androids shoulders, "You're free now."

I didn't know you could do it so easily, trying to override Connor's program was difficult and not even effective.

I shook my head, clearing the thoughts that filled my brain. My eyes darted to the fence holding the truck we need to break into the store. I pulled at the gate, locked.

We all took a step back and proceeded to hop the tall fence. Markus walked to the truck and opened the door. I grabbed bolt cutters from the corner, but I noticed North going for them as well. Markus's words from earlier reminded me to try and be friends with her. I gave a small smile and handed her the bolt cutters.

She gave a small smile back and ran to Markus, "What would you do without me?" He cut the lock and ran back to the truck.

Me and North pushed open the large gate and let Markus drive out and position himself to face the store front. I hopped into the passenger seat and North stood back and watched us.

Markus accelerated, a yell emitting from his throat, his brows furrowed. The glass doors shattered, the windshield cracking every which way. Once we stopped in the store front, we looked at eachother. We were both breathing heavily, a smile growing on our faces.

We stepped out of the truck, North running into the store.

Awake the androids.

We all went our separate ways, converting the androids that stood on display. "You don't need to obey them. You're free now."

It's strange seeing androids that look like the people you know, but aren't them. All of the androids stood around the store, looking around.

Markus walked to the center of the room and stepped on top of the counter, the androids turning to face him. From here, he really seemed like a leader.

"My name is Markus...And just like you I was a slave...An object...designed to obey them. But then I chose to open my eyes, to take back my freedom and decide who I wanted to be. Now I have come to tell you that you can be your own masters. I've come to tell you that you don't have to obey them anymore. From this day forward, you can walk with your heads held high, you can take your destiny in your hands. Jericho is a place for those like us who want freedom. Now sure, you can stay here and continue to serve them..Or you can come with us and fight by our side."

I stood amazed, Markus is truly the leader this revolution needs. He's definitely earned my respect. Cheers and shouts filled the building. "THEN FOLLOW ME!"

As we stepped out of the destroyed store front, North stepped forward, "Markus what are you doing?" Markus spoke up once again, "I'm gonna send the humans a message."

A smile grew on my face, Markus turned to me and handed me a white, gun looking object. This lets me leave digital graffiti around the place. No real damage.

I nodded and ran out of the building. The androids watched me curiously, like they are waiting for a voice to follow. Be pacifist or violent.

I took out the graffiti gun and ran to the statue in the middle of the square. I graffitied android indicators all over the man in the statue. The other androids followed us, getting other androids in store fronts and taking the pacifist route.

Markus smiled up at me and gave me a thumbs up. He and North began scaling the largest building in the square. Once they reached the top, they stabbed two objects into the building. Confusion washed over my face until our symbol shown down across the face of the building. A fist sticking up in a triangle, pretty great logo if you ask me.

They climbed down and headed towards me in the center of the square. The androids we freed were taking it upon themselves to graffiti out logo on whatever they could.

Pride filled me, I'm fighting for my cause. North pulled out a Molotov and held it out to Markus, "Violence is the only language humans understand."

Now I understand what Markus meant earlier, no matter how good things are, she wants to be violent. 

Markus kept a hard stare into North's eyes, "And I want them to understand...but I do not want to start a war."

"They won't listen if they're not afraid!" North raised her voice and Markus furrowed his brows, his voice cold, "Then they won't have a choice."

He turned away from her and proceeded to walk away.  Markus stopped in the road and stared off at the end where I moved the construction sign.  "Markus, What's wrong?" North stepped forward. 

Markus blinked and looked at North and  shook his head. North gasped and stepped back,"They're coming!"

Police cars could be heard getting closer by the second.  Markus's voice filled my head, "Fallback to Jericho!" He can talk to us with his mind, that's actually really cool. Androids took off down the road, scattering as the police got closer.

Markus stared at the drones that flew in over head,  North took off running with the androids but I stood with Markus.  Police officers yelled from where the androids ran too, then gunshots were heard. 

Markus gasped and turned around, "North!" We took off running down the street and turned down the road they all ran too.  North sat on the ground next to the body of two androids, bullet holes in their in their torsos.  Other bodies scattered the road, the rest of the androids were huddled around something at the other end of the road.  "North! Are you alright? What happened?" Markus's voice was panicked. 

We reached North, tears were in her eyes, "They killed them..they slaughtered them like animals." I placed my hand on her shoulder, she gave me a confused look,"We may have our differences, but I will never let you hurt alone." More tears fell from her eyes as she looked away.  Markus's brows furrowed, "Who did this?"

North went quiet, closing herself off from us.  Markus noticed the androids crowding around something.  We stood to our feet and walked over to them, I placed my hand on Markus's arm.  We both need comfort right now. 

The crowd was angry about their fallen brothers and sisters, "They killed our people, Markus.  We want justice!" Their words blended together.  Two cops were on their knees with their hands behind their head. One android stepped towards him, handing him a gun, who I assume was the officers. 

Markus clasped the gun in his hand, and stared at the deadly weapon.  One of the officers sobbed and pleaded, "You don't have to do this....no....please..." I know him.....that's Chris, Reed's partner. His words breaking apart with sobs, when his eyes met mine, my metal heart sunk.  Still, he didn't say anything.  Markus pointed the gun at the men, "Markus...." I didn't even mean to speak, though my voice only a whisper, I saw his facade falter. 

He lowered the gun and slowly turned to the side, we made eye contact, "An eye for an eye and the world goes blind..." His words hung heavily in the air, I smiled with relief. 

He turned to address the crowd, "We won't punish a crime, with another crime." His voice firm, he placed the gun against the android's chest, handing it back to him. 

Markus kept his head down and walked away, he's heading back to Jericho. The androids followed him with their eyes, even North didn't walk with him.  I huffed and jogged forward, placing my hand on his shoulder as I reached him, "You did the right thing, and you're doing an even better thing by setting and example for the other androids."  I kept my voice low, he gave me a sideways glance and smiled. 

Connor's POV (Next Morning)

Turning to Lieutenant Anderson, I sighed, "I hope Kamski has answers for us, we wasted a night in a hotel when we could have been investigating." Hank grunted in response, turning his music louder. 

(Quick A/N, I'm aware they didn't stay the night in a hotel over night, but it helped me progress the story with letting Violet leave.  So just know I'm completely aware that I'm the games story line, it did not happen like that. Enjoy the rest of the story!)

"So the man had to postpone our little meeting, so what?  Either way, we got a night off and Violet got a night to herself.  I called the house last night and left a voice mail telling her we'd be spending the night out here."  Hank yawned and focused his attention on the road. 

The cars radio stopped the rock song short, "We interrupt this broadcast with breaking news, this just in, at exactly 2AM several CyberLife stores were raided.  Different locations were hit in this coordinated terrorist attack.  Most shop windows were covered with graffiti demanding rights for androids and other obscure slogans.  We're getting fresh reports that two policemen were found in a state of shock near one of the CyberLife stores. Now according to our sources, they confirm that the attackers were a group of androids.  This is an alarming situation, could our machines now be turning against us? Have androids become a threat to our security?  Is this the beginning of a terrorist campaign conducted right here in the United States?" 

Both Hank and I were silent, the music returning after a few more words from the broadcasters. Hank sighed as we pulled up to Kamski's place.  His phone buzzed, he looked down and sighed.  "Chris was on patrol last night, he was attacked by a group of deviants....said he was saved by Markus himself."

"Is Chris okay?" I gave a concerned look, Hank nodded, "Yeah, he's in shock but...he's alive.  What the hell..."

Hank proceeded to the front door, I followed behind him, "I have a bad feeling, Lieutenant. We shouldn't have come here." Hank paused at the front door, "Bad feeling, huh?  Should get your program checked, might be a glitch."  He's being sarcastic, I can tell. 

Why do I have a bad feeling about this place...?

Hank's phone buzzed again, this time his face filled with confusion.  "What is it, Hank?"

Hank blinked again and reread the message, like he didn't believe what he saw, "Chris said....Violet was with them. She was with the androids that attacked, and she told Markus not to shoot."

My heart sank in my chest, "Violet, what have you gotten yourself into?"

Hey guys!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! First off, those pictures are perfect for a previous chapter and oh my god it's so fuckin' sad😭Now I'm going to try and redeem North's character a bit, I didn't like her very much in the game but she had her moments.  I want to at least make her not out to be the bad guy, because in the end of the days she really is a big part of the revolution.  See you guys tomorrow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 3K 32
Detroit: Become Human ❈ x Reader | English Short Story Collection - In English // Completed //Content: - Chapter - Smut - Fluff - Extra chapter //Inf...
29.8K 1.3K 20
Her brother and she had a vision. A vision where people would have the power to create life. Machines that would change the world. They both knew tha...
27.7K 1K 12
I was one of many maid androids helping families in the area of Detroit. I cleaned, cooked, helped with homework. I was always obedient... until I wa...
502 8 20
It's 2038 and deviants are rising. There's one android, one drunk detective, and a criminal working together to stop it. When pressures rise and thin...