Omelas ~ BTS AU [✓]

By glossyoongz

❝ We're risking our lives doing this, all for a boy we don't know anything about. ❞ ✫*゚・゚。.☆.*✫*..✫*゚・゚。.★.*。... More

Prologue
|| Chapter 1 ||
|| Chapter 2 ||
|| Chapter 3 ||
|| Chapter 4 ||
|| Chapter 5 ||
|| Chapter 6 ||
|| Chapter 7 ||
|| Chapter 9 ||
|| Chapter 10 ||
|| Chapter 11 ||
|| Chapter 12 ||
|| Chapter 13 ||
|| Chapter 14 ||
|| Chapter 15 ||
|| Chapter 16 ||
|| Chapter 17 ||
|| Chapter 18 ||
|| Chapter 19 ||
|| Chapter 20 ||
|| Chapter 21 ||
|| Chapter 22 ||
|| Chapter 23 ||
|| Chapter 24 ||
|| Chapter 25 ||
|| Chapter 26 ||
|| Chapter 27 ||
|| Chapter 28 ||
|| Chapter 29 ||
|| Chapter 30 ||
|| Chapter 31 ||
|| Chapter 32 ||
|| Chapter 33 ||
|| Chapter 34 ||
|| Chapter 35 ||
|| Chapter 36 ||
|| Chapter 37 ||
|| Chapter 38 ||
|| Chapter 39 ||
|| Chapter 40 ||
|| Chapter 41 ||
|| Chapter 42 ||
|| Chapter 43 ||
|| Chapter 44 ||
|| Chapter 45 ||
|| Chapter 46 ||
|| Chapter 47 ||
|| Chapter 48 ||
|| Chapter 49 ||
|| Chapter 50 ||
|| Chapter 51 ||

|| Chapter 8 ||

2.3K 110 13
By glossyoongz

Ice glazed the train tracks, reflecting the approaching dawn above them as crimson clouds washed over the horizon when they arrived. It was a new experience - seeing the shop engulfed in the pleasant orangey glow - but they didn't stop to admire it for long.

Before long the door was flung open and the boys flocked into the living room, taking their usual spots. Jungkook watched them like one would watch a line of ants going about their business. Jin beckoned for him to take a seat on the rug in front of the fireplace.

Despite the strength of the sun, it was still cold in the building. The sky acted as more of a decoration than a heat source, meanwhile the frost remained strong willed as it laced the grass. The tiny ice sculptures hid in the deepest recesses of the green blades, where even the sun's rays couldn't reach.

"So...Jungkook," Namjoon began, with everyone else having their attention firmly focused on him, "we know all of this is really sudden. But we were wondering if there's anything you could tell us, or anything you can remember about how you got here?"

The brunette crossed his legs and messed with the ends of his tattered sleeves as he thought. "I don't remember a lot. I just remember being somewhere else...it was warm and happy. But then everything was dark and...i was taken here."

It was obvious that he hadn't done much talking over the years. His vocabulary wasn't that much more advanced than one of a child's, but despite his lack of academic skill, it was clear that he was intelligent. He knew what had happened - he just didn't know how to explain it.

"I see..." the purple haired one replied. Namjoon wasn't expecting a cohesive response, he didn't even need an answer to the question which he himself had asked - he just wanted to test the younger's ability.

"That's enough questions for now. How about i bring everyone some hot chocolate?" Jin offered, with a smile that practically radiated joy. Everyone nodded of course, except Jungkook who probably didn't know what hot chocolate was, but Jin decided to make him some anyway. After all, no one deserves to live without hot chocolate.

"Kookie, come with me and you can have some of my clothes. It looks like you could do with some." Taehyung beckoned, standing up and waiting for the younger to join. When they stood side by side Taehyung looked to be taller, but in reality it was Jungkook's posture that made him appear smaller than he was: in fact he was probably about the same height as Taehyung.

They walked a short distance to the main area of the shop, where the washing machines were located. The 6 always did find it odd how the shop had fully functioning machines left in it, surely they had some worth, they thought.

Taehyung sifted through some boxes at the far side of the room and found an outfit for the younger - it wasn't the most stylish thing in the world, but it would do. He then showed him where the bathroom was so he could shower and left Jungkook to get ready, as he helped Jin in the kitchen.

When he returned, the youngest was sat back on the rug, staring into the flames with a neutral expression. He wore a long sleeved black and white striped shirt, some jeans and a pair of grey converse. Yoongi handed him his drink as well as a cupcake and sat down next to him.

"Hey Jungkook. I don't know if you know but my name is Yoongi. So how are you doing?" He enquired, taking a sip of his own drink. The younger slid his slender fingers around the warm mug and looked up at the elder, with the remnants of the fire still reflected in his chocolatey eyes.

"I'm not sure. It feels strange to be not locked in a cage. On one hand I'm glad but on the other, I'm scared." He admitted, squeezing the mug in his hands.

"I know how you feel."

The younger looked up to see a dozen expressions on Yoongi's face all at once. It was one which couldn't possibly be described.

"Once I found out that you had been here all this time, in the place where I've lived all my life, i couldn't believe it. That building...the amount of times I've met there with my friends, walked past there with my parents and played there as a child...and all the while i was completely oblivious to the fact that you were there too - we didn't know it but you were there."

His eyes softened for a moment as he recalled all the memories he had made in the town. And in a strange way, he felt like Jungkook was a part of those memories too. Despite not being aware of his presence, Yoongi knew now that the younger had been there with him throughout those times. In a twisted sense, it made him feel a connection with Jungkook.

"I knew then that i can't stay here anymore. But even so, leaving everything I know behind - my classmates, family, acquaintances - is hard." His eyes flicked upwards to meet sharply with the younger's. "Jungkook. I want you to know from now on that you're our friend. We don't regret giving up everything to save you. So please, don't regret coming with us."

Yoongi gave a small smile and the younger nodded. "I won't."

All of a sudden a pang of pain shot through the elder's head like a bolt of lightning. He immediately put a hand to his head and gritted his teeth, heart racing.

Jungkook cocked his head to the side with his mouth slightly parted in confusion, and Jimin discreetly watched him from across the room.

"Yoongi?" The younger asked, looking up and down the elder to try and find any source of pain. The dark haired one gave a sheepish chuckle as he ran a hand through his hair. "I'm alright, i just hurt my neck. I'm gonna go to the bathroom and see if i can find a heat pack." He lied, standing up and making his way out.

After a few minutes, the pink haired boy followed him, making some excuse about getting popcorn. When he pushed open the bathroom door, he was met with the sight of his hyung staring down at the ground, one hand clutching the sink and the other clutching his head.

Jimin swiftly closed the door behind him and sat on the edge of the bath, placing a hand on the elder's shoulder. "Yoongi, is it your head again?" He gave a small nod in reply.

"It's gotten worse..." he muttered, causing Jimin to frown in concern. "It hasn't been this bad since...that time."

"It's really that bad?" Jimin asked with a small sigh. "I wonder why. Anyway, if it's really that bad you shouldn't worry about hiding it from the others. I know you don't want them worrying but..."

"It's not that..." Yoongi interrupted. "I don't want to cause them worry either but more importantly i don't want to drag them into my mess. I still don't remember what happened that day but...i have a feeling that it's not something good."

Jimin hummed. "So you're alright dragging me into your mess but not the others? You jerk." He pouted. Yoongi rolled his eyes and poked the younger's puffed up cheeks.

"You know that's not true."

The elder's smile dropped as more excruciating pain formed in his head. All of a sudden, his vision blurred and the sight of Jimin's form faded from sight as he realised that he felt light headed.

"Yoongi?" The younger asked, standing up in concern at the elder's unresponsiveness. In that moment, Yoongi's eyes fell shut as the pain in his head numbed to a dull fuzziness, and all the strength he had faded in an instant.

Even those few seconds weren't fast enough to prevent Jimin from grabbing him before he fell.

The younger gently placed Yoongi's arm around his shoulder and carried him to the bedroom. Letting out an exasperated sigh, he lowered the elder onto the bed and collapsed down next to him.

Examining his hyung, Jimin noticed that he looked paler than usual - even his lips took on a translucent appearance like a delicate flower petal.

"What am i gonna do with you, huh Min Yoongi...?" he murmured, laying back on the bed. After a few minutes he decided to join the others, since they were probably wondering where he was. He placed the covers over Yoongi and ruffled his hair before quietly making his way to the living room.

"Jimin, where's Yoongi?" Hoseok asked immediately upon his entrance. "Ah, he was pretty tired so he went to sleep." The younger lied as he messed with the ends of his hair. "So what are we talking about?"

"The plan." Namjoon stated. "I know everything has gone well so far but that's not gonna last. Of course they're going to put 2 and 2 together and realise that we're the ones who took off with Jungkook. They will be after us. So we should probably get moving soon."

Everyone noded in unison as they listened intently.

"That sounds great but where are we going?" Taehyung asked, swinging his legs back and forth. In response, Namjoon pulled a map from his pocket and after unfolding it, he placed it on the table.

"Over here." He began, pointing to a wooded area near the edge of the map. "It's quite far away but the forest is dense so it'll provide a good hiding spot. Plus we can stop off on the way, according to a book i read there should be an old shelter around here." He explained, gesturing to a fairly empty area between their location and the destination. "Any questions?"

Everyone shook their heads and Namjoon clapped his hands together. "Okay, go get some supplies and food, we'll leave in two hours." He ordered with a smile. Once everyone had left, the purple haired one sunk into his seat and sighed.

In theory, his plan was a good one. But he couldn't shake the feeling that going into the forest would come with risks - after all, they had been conditioned since childhood not to leave the confines of the town. Anything could be in there. But there was one thing that frightened him more than the mysterious forest:

His father.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 18.6K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
107K 1.4K 51
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
64.2K 1.3K 13
"𝗪𝗵𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝙐𝙢𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖 𝘼𝙘𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙢𝙮 𝗶𝗻 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗱?" "𝗙-𝗙-𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲, 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗱𝗶...
80.4K 5.2K 37
jeon jeongguk just likes the idea of being a girl, that's all. ‣ JJK ©𝘩𝘰𝘣𝘪𝘴𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺