Seize the Miracle, Capture yo...

By JSBelard

Once, there was a cupid who fell in love with a mortal boy. The cupid made sure that mortal boy would find ha... More

Prologue
One (Teo)
Two (Teo)
Three (Clark)
Four (Teo)
Five (Clark)
Six (Teo)
Seven (Teo)
Eight (Clark)
Nine (Teo)
Ten (Teo)
Eleven (Clark)
Twelve (Teo)
Thirteen (Teo)
Fourteen (Clark)
Fifteen (Teo)
Sixteen (Teo)
Seventeen (Clark)
Eighteen (Ethan)
Nineteen (Teo)
Twenty (Teo)
Twenty One (Clark)
Twenty Two (Ethan)
Twenty Four (Teo)
Twenty Five (Clark)
Twenty Six (Ethan)
Twenty Seven (Teo)
Twenty Eight (Teo)
Twenty Nine (Clark)
Thirty (Ethan)
Thirty One (Clark)
Thirty Two (Ethan)
Thirty Three (Teo)
Thirty Four (Teo)
Thirty Five (Clark)
Thirty Six (Ethan)
Thirty Seven (Teo)
Thirty Eight (Teo)
Thirty Nine (Clark)
Forty (Ethan)
Forty One (Teo)
Forty Two (Teo)
Forty Three (Clark)
Forty Four (Ethan)
Forty Five (Teo)
Forty Six (Teo)
Forty Seven (Clark)
Forty Eight (Ethan)
Forty Nine (Teo)
Fifty (Damien)

Twenty Three (Teo)

54 10 2
By JSBelard

I was in cloud nine.

Last night changed my life, and I was still in a state of cloud nine.

I woke up that Sunday with a huge smile on my face. I still couldn't believe what happened, and it felt like I was in the longest sweet dream ever.

It felt like nothing could bring me down.

Thankfully, Damien hasn't posted anything on his social media. After my experience with the last miracle, I didn't think I was ready to have all of that unwanted attention - and even hate - pointed towards me. I just want to relish that blissful moment a while longer, without having to deal with mean people.

Besides, we haven't really talked about how our relationship would change after we exchanged our confessions. I think we got lost in the moment and forgot about it. I'm fine with having no labels, but, it would be better if I can say that he's really mine.

"Where are you going?" Axel asked as I walked out of my room after showering and changing clothes.

"Grocery shopping with Damien." I told him honestly.

"How long would it take?" He asked. "Two hours, three hours? If it takes longer than that, I would call Kuya Martin." He warned with a teasing smile.

"Are you his watchdog now?" I asked back. "Besides, it's Damien. I'm safe with him." I reasoned out.

"I don't know, Teo." Axel said. "Damien held back for years, who knows when his suppressed desire suddenly explodes." He added with a grin.

"Hey, I know what you're saying, you know..." I said as my cheeks blushed. "Damien is not like that. It's not like he would jump on me when we're alone..."

"Mmm... but, do you want him to?" Axel added.

"Hey..." My face burned in embarrassment. "Stop it..." I complained.

"If you want, I won't say anything to Kuya Martin, just make sure that you would go slowly at first." Axel continued.

"Do you want to get hit?"

Axel chuckled. "Sure..." He knew that I wouldn't hit him. He's really sneaky.

Damien picked me up and Axel let us go with a last teasing comment. "Don't steal his innocence; Teo is not ready for that yet." He said with a chuckle.

"You're crazy." Damien replied with a chuckle.

"Did you sleep well?" Damien asked as he placed his arm around my shoulders, with his hand resting on my head. I nodded in reply and he ruffled my hair. "That's good."

"Are you feeling well? Do you have hangover?" I asked him.

"I didn't drink that much last night. I feel fine, don't worry." He told me with a smile.

We were waiting for the elevator when Elisse suddenly appeared. It was like she had a GPS installed somewhere on Damien's body.

"Hey, you two going out?" Elisse asked, obviously eyeing Damien's hand around my shoulders.

"Yup. Grocery shopping." Damien replied with a friendly smile.

"Really? I was actually planning on buying a few things as well, do you mind if I join you?" She asked Damien.

She wasn't even asking for my opinion, she basically ignored me. Well, I wanted to spend that time alone with Damien, but if he agreed with her, then there's nothing I could do. I knew that Damien was a nice guy, generally a gentleman. Sometimes, he just couldn't say no.

"Sorry." Damien said in a friendly tone. "I actually wanted to spend some time alone with this cute guy." He explained as he ruffled my hair. "Maybe next time."

The elevator door opened and Damien pulled me in. "Aren't you getting in?" I asked Elisse. I saw the disappointed look on her face. It was quickly replaced with disdain as she turned her eyes on me.

"I forgot something in my room. Go ahead." She acted friendly, but I knew better.

The elevator door closed. "She looks mad..." I told Damien.

"She'll get over it." Damien said as he lifted his arm from my shoulders and then held my hand. "I know my priorities."

We shopped in the grocery as usual, except that Damien wouldn't let go of my hand. "How can we shop like this?" I asked him shyly.

"I'll push the cart, you grab the stuffs." He told me.

"People are staring at us." I couldn't even look up.

"They're just jealous because I am holding hands with the cutest guy in the shop." He said proudly. It was probably the opposite. If anyone would be jealous of anyone; they would be jealous of me; because the Adonis-incarnate Damien was holding my hand. "Why? Are you embarrassed of me?"

"It's not that..." I replied guiltily.

"I'm just messing with you." Damien admitted with a chuckle.

Shopping while holding hands was a little tougher than usual, but it was a lot more fun too. I thought that we were heading home right after we did our grocery, but Damien had another plan.

"This place..." I mused as we stopped in front of an opulent looking restaurant.

"My Dad's restaurant." Damien told me as he removed his seat belt.

I was still a bit confused about the whole situation. I didn't know why he brought me there. I was also nervous about the idea of meeting his father for the first time.

"My parents want to meet you, but my Mom is out of town this weekend, so I'll introduce you to Dad first." Damien said as we walked towards the restaurant, hand-in-hand.

My hands were a bit shaky at that moment. I mean, who wouldn't be nervous at that time I didn't even know what I would say to his Dad, or what his Dad would think of me.

"Teo, don't be nervous, Dad is very cool." Damien's words reassured me a little bit, but still my heart was racing in nervousness.

"You should've told me we're coming here. I could've brought something..." I told him.

"You would've bought some expensive wine, wouldn't you?" How can he know that? "There's no need for that. Let's go, before Dad gets busy." He said as he pulled me inside.

Everyone in that restaurant seemed to really know Damien so well. They greeted him with a smile and he greeted them back. No one said anything about our entwined hands, even though their eyes would sparkle when they see it.

The kitchen was incredible. Everyone was moving so fast and yet with coordination. It was a mesmerizing view. Growing up in such environment, I could see why Damien came to love cooking as well.

"Damien!" Raphael Licauco was a tall handsome man. I've only seen him in pictures and some videos, but like Damien, seeing him in person was a totally different experience. "So, is this Teo?" He greeted with a smile as he reached for a handshake. Damien let go of my hand for a while. "I heard so much about you." His Dad said, which only made me even more nervous.

"Ummm... Nice to meet you..." I greeted back shyly.

"Don't be nervous, I don't bite." Raphael joked. I chuckled nervously and nodded. "Wait outside, it's hot here. I'll have some food prepared."

"No nuts, Dad." Damien said. "Teo is very allergic." He added.

"Ok. Call your Mom, she wants to hear from you." His Dad said as he went back to the middle of the kitchen.

"Let's go." Damien told me. We took a seat and waited for his Dad. "Are you still nervous?"

"A little bit..." I admitted. "You talked about me to your parents?" I asked him, remembering what his Dad said.

Damien smiled. "Of course. That's why, there's no need for you to be nervous, my parents know..."

"They know...? What exactly...?" I asked him shyly, my cheeks were burning.

We were sitting beside each other, so Damien leaned closer to my ears. "That I love you." He whispered sweetly in my ears. I felt my whole body became numb and hot. My cheeks burned as I looked down. "How cute..." That comment only made me melt even more.

"Have you called your Mom?" Damien's Dad asked when he joined us at the table.

"I'll call her now." Damien said as he stood back. "I'll be back, relax." He told me as he ruffled my hair.

Why do you have to do that in front of your father?

"So, Teo, I heard you're taking up engineering. How is it?" Raphael asked.

"Well, it's tough... but, I'm not giving up." I told him. "I need to fulfill a promise, after all..."

"With Peter?" He was surprisingly direct. "I'm sorry, I heard it from Damien. You took up civil engineering to fulfill Peter's dream. Are you alright with that, really? What about your dream?"

"I'm fine with it." I replied sincerely. "To be honest, I still don't know what I really want to do, I'm still not sure what I'm good at, but every time I would remember how passionately Peter talks about designing and building structures, it makes me what to give it a try too. Peter taught me a lot of things, that's why I want to see things in his eyes, even though he left, I can still do it while trying to fulfill his dreams."

"Then it's fine." Raphael said with a smile. "As long you're happy with what you're doing. Peter wouldn't like it if you're forcing yourself for his dream."

"Yes, Mom, here he is..." Damien returned, while video chatting with his Mom. "She wants to see you, sorry." He told me.

"Ohhh, he is adorable." Giselle said with a smile. "How are you doing sweetie? Is Damien being nice to you?" She asked me.

"Yes, he's beyond nice to me." I replied.

"That's good to hear. He was really depressed when you had a fight, I'm glad you two are fine now." She added.

"Mom, we didn't have a fight, it was just a misunderstanding." Damien corrected her.

"Sure, honey." His Mom said. "Teo, sweetie, I know our Damien could be really moody, just be patient with him."

"I know." I said with a smile.

"Mom, I'm hanging up." Damien said.

"Bye, honey!" She said as she waved goodbye.

"Mom really likes you." Damien told me as he sat down. "So, what did you two talked about? Dad, you didn't ask him something embarrassing, did you?"

The food was great, and Damien's parents were even greater. They were so cool about the whole thing, and they seemed genuinely happy for Damien and me. That kind of reception was very rare for a Filipino-Chinese family. Then again, Raphael Licauco was practically disowned by his father for marrying Giselle, a full-blooded Filipina.

I guess when it comes to love, Damien's parents are pretty open-minded.

I excused myself to go to the toilet, and I was pretty much on cloud nine still. I couldn't wait to introduce Damien to my family, but at the same time, I was unsure if I should subject him to that kind of torture.

My Kuya Martin alone is a handful, and with my Mom and Dad in tow, Damien wouldn't even have a second of peace.

"You seem happy." It was a costumer, a middle-aged man. "Even though you robbed someone else of that happiness, of that life, you seem very happy."

Looking at the man through the mirror, I noticed something odd about his eyes. It was like it was not his own. "You're an anomaly, and your happiness spreads cause more anomalies around you. The closer you get to him, the bigger the consequences would be. Mark my words, I won't let you spread any more anomalies."

The man snapped out of Gaia's possession, having no idea what happened.

Then my necklace started turning.

I clasped the necklace behind my chest. I was surprised, nervous, but I wasn't afraid. Not only do I have Fate on my side, Damien would also be there with me. I have nothing to be afraid of.

On our way back to the car, Damien held my hand. "Things went well." He said gleefully.

"Yeah, your Dad is a really a great chef, no wonder he's so famous." I told Damien.

"He is." He replied. "So, whose food do you like better? His or mine?" He asked me. He sounded serious.

I chuckled softly at his childishness. "Your Dad taught you really well." I replied.

"Hey, that's not a reply..." He complained.

"Your Dad cooks better." I finally told him honestly. "His food is more refined, I guess..." At that moment, Damien started to sulk. His expression was turning sour. "But, I still love your food best."

He sighed. "I'll take that." He squeezed my hand and then lifted it.

And in a surprising action that made my heart skip a beat, Damien raised our hands and pressed his lips to the back of my hand.

That moment was pure bliss. It felt like electricity flowed through my veins and butterflies flew on my stomach.

Quickly, though, that moment of bliss was replaced by utter shock.

Moments after Damien's lips touched my skin, the transformer on the utility pole just beside us exploded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72 5 7
You were meant to be my now, my present, but instead, you chose to slip into the shadows of my past. I was busy knitting our dreams together, threadi...
2.1K 147 2
Story 1 - Mafia AU Kongpob : He doesn't need love if it isn't from Arthit. He doesn't need a heart if it isn't for Arthit. Arthit : "I would do anyth...
1.5K 113 5
What if he never born? Will people around him be happy? What if he disappears? Will they miss him? Will they know he is not there anymore? Will they...
12K 469 25
There's no place like love...there's no place like love............there's no place like love/ Follow Jason on his journey to falling in love with hi...