The Bet I Lost

By turtleswords

-SECOND BOOK OF THE FRAT SERIES- Blake Cohen is placed a bet that for him, was easy breezy. Parties, girls an... More

1: Changing Strategies
2: Late Night Conversations
3: A Game For Two
4: Can't Get You Off My Mind
5: Sharing Beds
6: Finger Up The Wrong Hole
7: Pose for the Picture
8: Aim, Point, Shoot
9. You Got Me Going Crazy
10. Fight For You
11. Nasty Truths
12. Stay The Night
13: Catching Feelings
14: Game Over
15: Come Together
16: You Hit The Wrong Wall
17: Cheer Up
18: Welcome to DR
19: Feeling Guilty
21: Behind Closed Doors
22: Saying Goodbye
23: Guiltless twisted lie
EXTRA CHAPTER: Unkown Caller
EXTRA CHAPTER: Getting Kick-Out
EXTRA CHAPTER: Wedding Bells

20: Falling For You

32 3 21
By turtleswords

We got to the house and I realized Tina's parents must have a lot of money. The house had two floors, it was all white and had big windows in the front. It had a garage with a silver Mercedes parked inside.

"Can we drive it?" I asked Tina as we took the things inside the house. She smiled nodding.

We settled in and had something to eat before driving to the airport. Tina let me drive the Mercedes and she took the 4runner. I loved how the car sounded, how smooth it felt to drive it, it was better than my Camaro and I loved my car.

The guys were there when we arrived. We greeted each other and they started bothering me about Tina and I being alone. We split for the drive home. Ivan, Jason and Olive left with Tina in the Mercedes while I had to drive the 4runner with Corey, Brett, Dallas, Sean and David.

"Drive safe" I told Tina kissing her forehead and getting inside the jeep.

On the way the guys bombarded me with questions about Tina. I lied and pretended that I was dominating the whole thing, when in reality I liked her more than I intended. They told me that Elias wasn't happy I wasn't sending proves and stuff. As long as that motherfucker didn't say a thing, we were cool.

We got home and everybody started picking their rooms and walking around the house. Tina had chosen her room already and I made sure to choose the one that was closer to her. After that, Tina started getting the dinner out with Olive and Jason helping her.

I was in the backyard with the boys, they already had the music on and the alcohol out.

"So, Blake... have finally done it with Tina?" Dallas asked with a smile. The rest of the guys stared at me. I smiled and took a swing from the beer I had in my hand.

"What do you think!?" I lied, trying to sound as proud and confident as possible. They all cheered.

I took another swing and looked up finding Tina staring at me from the kitchen window. I winked at her and threw her a kiss.

I don't know what made me decide to ignore the bet and focus on what I was feeling for her but for the rest of the time we had together, I'll act as if I was actually dating Tina and just for a moment feel like she really belonged to me.

We did a barbecue in the patio. Tina arranged the table with the plates and drinks while Corey and I dealt with meat and vegetables.

"Coming!" I shouted walking towards the table with the heavy plate of ribs. I placed it on the middle and walked back to the barbecue.

Tina sat down in one of the chairs close to the barbecue with a beer in hand. She looked tired and worried. I walked towards her.

"Everything's okay?" I asked her and she looked up and smiled.

"Yeah, everything it's fine" she affirmed nodding and looking down. She stood up and walked towards the table. An uneasy feeling fell on me.

Over dinner we discussed what we were going to do tonight. Tina proposed going to a famous disco in Punta Cana. Everybody agreed and settled for going for a quick visit around town and then the disco.

Tina and I were sitting opposite to each other, the situation gave me the opportunity to look at her indirectly. Something about her attitude was concerning. What of she knew about the bet? What if she suspected something was going on? I didn't want to hurt her, God, I wish I could turn back time and decline this stupid bet. But the damage was done and I was already too deep into the water to try to swim out.

We chilled by the pool after dinner. Tina was still a bit absent minded so I tried my best to cheer her up by doing random acts of affection like going to her and kissing her out of the sudden, something that would turn her all red. But still, she seemed very far away.

I laid down in of the chaise lounge talking to Dallas and David, I looked over to her from time to time sometimes catching her staring at me  and sometimes talking to Olive or Jason.

When I looked over this time she was staring at me, I don't think she was conscious that she was, so I nodded to get her attention. She nodded back with a smile. I stood up and took off my sweater throwing it on the chaise lounge next to me. I saw her eyes staring at my torso and eyeing me like she've never seen me before.

Tina went to bed after a while. I didn't blame her, we woke up pretty early and she hasn't really stopped moving around.

"Blake, what are you going to do when you go back?" Corey asked me once we were alone in the backyard "I mean, if I didn't know you guys I would think you were dating" he raised an eyebrow "do you like her?" He asked and stared at me until I answered.

"Corey, how old do you think I am? This is just a game" the biggest lie I've ever told in my life. Besides the one I was living right now. Corey smiled, proudly and nodded. I smiled and gulped my beer.

I hated the feeling of guilt that had come over me after my conversation with Corey. It's like everything that I've told Tina, even the most honest things, were a lie.

****

After I showered and changed I walked over to Tina's, knocking before walking in.

"You are going to make me get into a fight tonight" I said when I saw her butt in the tiny shorts she decided to wear to the disco.

"I'll try to behave" she said with a flirtatious tone. She winked at me. I groaned and threw my head back laughing.

We all got in the 4runner to avoid having to split and have troubles at the moment of coming back. Tina drove around town and we stopped to get pizza to get everyone a bit sober. I wasn't drinking anything besides beer, I didn't want to ruin the moment by getting drunk. 

The disco wasn't open till 11 pm so we drove around after the pizza. Tina seemed a bit more on Earth and focused. We exchanged looks on the car every now and then and I even had my hand on her thigh while she drove. 

We got to the club and there was a line on the door already. We parked and stood on line. Tina and I were standing together, she was in front of me and I had me arms wrapped around her from behind. She was smiling and laughing, and that eased my worries. 

They were playing loud house music when we walked in. The place was decorated with beach balls and huge balloons filled with confetti. The workers had big colorful glasses and hats on, some had one of those flower necklace you see in Hawaii. All of them were in bathing suits. 

The guys went to the bar immediately to get drinks, Tina had gotten the VIP tickets with unlimited drinks all night long. She was one hell of a host. We were standing around a table while the guys spread around looking for girls.

"Are you gonna dance with me like that one time in that party?" I asked Tina in her ear, making her shiver. I smiled and kissed her neck. I was standing behind her, she leaned back into me and I wrapped my arm around her waist. 

"Maybe even better" she said confidently and swayed her hips against me. 

I ignored the guys for the rest of the night only focusing on Tina, and how I liked to think of her as: my girl. We danced to house music how you're not supposed to dance to it, we pretty much danced to every song. We barely kissed or exchanged any words whatsoever. They started playing a song I've heard before and immediately Tina started moving her hips against me along the beat of the song. It was like the song got inside her hips and moved them. 

She moved against me and I could feel my insides turning on. I wanted her. I wanted her really bad and I didn't care how bad it turned out in the end, I wanted her. I gripped her hips harder and moved along with her. Out of the sudden I pulled her to me and kissed her, in that same moment the song sang "I promise it won't be the last kiss" and I said it to her. I wasn't lying. 

Getting eight drunk people in one small space is difficult. I drove this time, Tina was too tired to drive. She fell asleep on the way. 

Once home, everybody went to their rooms not without a lot of stumbling and falling. Tina was worried someone might die so we went room by room giving everybody a water bottle and a banana. We caught Corey naked on the bed, something I avoided Tina from seeing. I took her hand and walked to her room, I had no plans of leaving her alone tonight. 

I opened the door and walked in with her following behind really close. I closed the door behind me and placed the car keys, house keys and wallet on the dresser. I let go off her hand and turned around, grabbing the door knob to go to my room and take a shower. Tina was standing right where she did when she walked in. 

"Hey! Planet Earth calling Tina" I said waving a hand in front of her face. She blushed and looked at me. 

"Hey! sorry..." she apologized and looked down. I smiled and lifted her head with me hand. 

"Get ready to sleep" she nodded and I leaned down to kiss her forehead. 

I walked out of the room and into mine that was right in front hers. I could her Corey and Olive from the other room. I shook my head smiling. 

I had a quick shower and put on my gray pajama pants. I brushed my teeth and opened the door of my room. My heart was pounding on my chest. I didn't understand why I was so nervous but each step made my heart beat faster. Once I had her door knob in my head it almost felt as if I was having a heart attack. 

She was already in bed when I walked in. I laid next to her, getting under the covers. We laid facing each other but none of us saying anything. We just stared at each other. What if she felt the same way? What if she had feelings for me like I had for her? She didn't deserve to be on this bet, she deserved to be with someone who would treat her as the gem she is. I sighed closing my eyes and when I opened them again hers where there staring at me. 

"You know... I've never told this to anyone" I decided to tell her the whole reason why this bet started "but I've never actually done it with any of the girls I've supposedly been with" but not telling her all this was a bet. I couldn't bring myself to do that. I still wasn't ready to say goodbye. She didn't say anything for a while, she just stared at me and then she asked:

"Why?" her eyes never leaving mine.

"I've never felt the necessity of doing it with a girl just to prove the point that I lost it" I closed my eyes, feeling embarrassed "I guess I'm just putting more meaning to it that it really has" I added closing my eyes. 

The truth was that while my friends went out to party and hang out in high school I had to stay at home learning laws and French and then in college I met this amazing, beautiful, intelligent girl who promised me to be together forever and to wait until marriage and ends up cheating on me with my so-called best friend. I guess its just circumstances haven't been the best. 

I felt her lips touch mine and I opened my eyes. She kept kissing me and little by little made the kiss more demanding. I placed my hand on her waist and pulled her towards me. We rolled in bed and she got on top of me, never stopping the kiss. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 615 42
2nd book of the football girl trilogy Jordan Luck just got done with the Football season taking home the shiny gold football Jordan is almost halfw...
10.2K 391 51
We all remember that first love. The one who we fell head over heels in love with who also destroyed us. When Emily meets Jay on her first day at the...
4K 424 29
[Featured - Stories Undiscovered (March 2023)] Everything is set in place for Taylor. Taylor Perez, kind and beautiful teenage girl is finally enteri...
429 28 24
Countless parties, late-night outs, and foggy memories... that was all Iris knew until her parents threatened rehab and boarding school. She couldn't...