Damn, You're Cute (Michael Cl...

By alk0518

"Tell me you want me," he murmured, his mouth moving against my skin in the same sensitive spot below my ear... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87

Chapter 1

9K 193 81
By alk0518

Australia was different to me, but a good different, I figured.

It was much warmer than Ocean City that day, yet Sydney also had a beauty to it that was unique. Don't get me wrong, Ocean City was where I'd always belong, but I had a feeling I wouldn't mind Sydney. It’s fair weather, sparkling water, and apparently, ability to be a whole other city at night, as my mother explained on the car ride here excited me beyond words.

I moved to Australia with my parents because of my mother’s work, and to be honest, there wasn’t much I left behind besides the comfort of the green water and sand beneath my toes. My mother was a professional photographer and found that the Australian scenery was perfect for what she planned to do. She always got engulfed in her work, and my father, being soft for her, was easily convinced to move here. His own work had a branch here in Sydney as well, so it was a win-win situation. They didn’t exactly consider what it would mean for me, moving to a new country, but as I mentioned, I didn’t leave much behind since my only friends were relatives. Being homeschooled wasn’t the best for making friends who weren’t forced to see you every holiday or family dinner. Thankfully, though, moving was easy because apparently my dad had connections to some relative whom I've never met. Aunt Aria, he told me. I'd be meeting her soon, but first I had to help with the bags.

I pulled two suitcases behind me, my boring brown eyes searching the huge white house in front of me. It sat on perfectly green grass, surrounded by small green bushes, and was made of mostly glass windows that allowed sunlight to pour through. It seemed open and free, but the idea of someone being able to see me watching TV or eating cereal made me shudder.

"Leah, honey?" my father called from the cab we took from the airport. I quickly opened the front door, throwing my bags inside, and then spun around to see what he wanted. He gave me a small smile and ushered me over. "Do you mind doing me a favor?"

I sighed jokingly, still overwhelmed by my surroundings as I slid the sunglasses down from the top of my head so they rested on the bridge of my nose. Everything around me was bright and sharp, the colors never failing to make a perfect photograph, as my mother pointed out.

"That depends on what it is,” I told him which earned a short chuckle from my dad.

"Your mom and I can handle the bags, but I need you to check in with your new school," he informed me, straightening the collar on his button up shirt. I furrowed my eyebrows, my stomach secretly churning with nerves. I couldn’t be more anxious about starting public school, especially in a whole other country.

 "Don't you do that the first day?" I asked hopefully, reaching for another bag in order to get out of what he wanted me to do, but my dad gently pushed my hands away.

"Leah, remember you're technically an exchange student, so checking in early is required. I just need you to drive over and go to the main office. They'll give you all your books, a map, and everything you could possibly need," he informed authoritatively which earned a slow, apprehensive nod from me. “I need you to get used to the idea of this because homeschooling is very different.”

I pursed my lips, playing with the ends of my long blonde hair as I took in his information. I knew it couldn’t hurt to become a bit more familiar with my soon-to-be personal hell, or at least know where the main office was.

My dad's eyes were hopeful as I considered this, but he and I both knew I wouldn’t disappoint him. That's the thing about our family: we’re a close knit group of three. We hardly ever argue or disagree since I have no brothers or sisters to fight with and annoy my parents beyond reason.

“Fine, fine, I’ll go,” I muttered bit quickly held up an index finger. “But there is no way I am taking a cab. I’m not comfortable enough with the area.”

“I understand,” my father bobbed his head reassuringly. “Which brings me to something I’ve been wanting to tell you. Aunt Aria, the one who helped us get settled here and make some of the arrangement, has been very kind to you.”

"Wait! Did she-" I tried to cut him off, excitement bubbling in my stomach. This could not be real. If my dad was saying what I thought he was, I might have screamed.

"She's a very generous lady-"

"Oh my god, dad, did she get me a car?" I practically screeched, waiting for his answer. Aria had to be a rich lady to afford it and for that, I was extremely grateful. My father than burst into a fit of laughter at my question and pulled me into a hug as his way of saying yes. I wrapped my arms around him tightly, linking my hands on his back and resting my chin on his shoulder. I laughed in happiness before letting him go.

"Where is it?" I asked excitedly, bouncing on my toes as my dad put his arm over my shoulders, leading me up towards the white garage. My dad punched a short code into the key pad on the wall and the garage door slowly slid up like I’ve seen in movies. Squealed with excitement, I anxiously waited as the garage door lifted up completely and I gasped.

"It's nothing too special, Leah," he said but his words made me scoff. This was nothing to be played down. It was an expensive car.

"Oh my god," I covered my mouth with my hand, walking slowly toward to automobile in front of us. "It's perfect!"

Grazing my hand on the sleek silver car, I noticed it was everything I had ever wanted: compact but containing an average radio, cup holders, and even nice leather seats which were an added bonus. This was absolutely more than 'nothing too special'. I had to thank this Aria lady as soon as possible.

"Now, I have to help your mother with the bags or God knows what she'll do," he teased, patting the hood of the car. "You can ask Siri for directions on your phone although there is a built in GPS, if you want."

I let him leave, barely processing his words, because I mostly wanted to be alone with my car. I hopped inside it as soon as he was out of sight and sunk into the seats, rolling my head back against the headrest.

At this point, all I could think was that maybe Australia wouldn’t be too bad.

I then did what my dad asked. I used Siri on my iPhone for directions (I wasn't comfortable enough with the built in GPS) and took off down the street in my smooth car. Driving here, I noticed, was different, yet refreshing with new sights to see and people I’ve never encountered.

Although I took a few wrong turns here and there during the drive, I miraculously ended up in front of an intimidating high school. Only one year...One long senior year is all I have to go through. Not so bad right?

I sadly left my car in the lot and took a slow walk up to the first building I saw. Pushing the door open, my feet immediately met a tan carpet and my eyes floated around the room, finding that there was a long counter across from me which reached from one wall to the other. A small round table sat in the middle with a vase of pink flowers and I found that the room was overall very plain with pale baby blue walls and a picture frame of the child of an employee on the counter.

Picking up the frame, I analyzed the photograph. It was of a kid with messy blond hair but before I could judge the poor quality of the picture, a boy, maybe sixteen, with oddly styled blond hair hidden under a hood and minimal acne on his chin met my gaze. I recognized him immediately as the boy from the frame in my hands, so I quickly set it down with embarrassed, pink cheeks as his eyes trailed my every movement.

 I cleared my throat, "Um, hi."

He awkwardly looked back up at me with his now apparent blue eye and I bit my lip, rocking back and forth on my heels. The boy watched me for a moment before saying, “Um, hey,”

I immediately noticed his Australian accent as he spoke, which was attractive and I'd have to get used to hearing it often. It was not like I cared, though, since the way his accent manipulated simple words was gorgeous.

I scratched the back of my neck, a frown forming on my lips. He stayed emotionless and I could practically hear the crickets chirping in the background.

"I'm Leah Rae." I said, throwing my blonde hair back over my shoulder and opening my mouth to say something else but he interrupted me.

"Luke," he stuck out his pale hand and I shook it uncertainly, but let it go quickly.  He sniffed, the only sound audible in the quiet room so I gathered up my courage and awkwardly held my wrist in the other hand.

"Listen, I just-"

"If you need-"

We both spoke at the same time, earning our uncomfortable laughter. I waited for Luke to speak this time, so he clenched his teeth together rather impatiently before he continued.

"Um, if you need anything my mom works here. I can go get her." he told me, and silently I thought that maybe he should of gotten her a while ago to avoid this terrible situation. I could only hope I didn’t run into him in the hallways or have any classes with him. Talk about humiliating.

"Yeah, that'd be great, thanks." I twisted my hands together and bobbed my head up and down. Luke didn’t say a word as he wandered into a hidden back room, only for a lady emerged seconds later. She resembled Luke in every way with her bright blonde hair and stunning blue eyes. I couldn’t help but wish I was born into this family as well.

"Hello, dear!" she greeted me kindly, differing from Luke’s stale personality. "Sorry about that. I was just sorting some files. What can I do for you?”

I grinned back and took a breath as Luke appeared in the doorway that connected the counter area to the back room. I tried to ignore the feeling of his eyes on me as I spoke.

"I'm new here. I'll be starting tomorrow and I was told to come pick up any books and, like, a map of some sort. I, uh- I've been homeschooled all my life so I'm not exactly sure how this works."

"Ah, well then, welcome! Just in time for the first day! It's unfortunate that you didn't get to spend much of your summer here with us but I'm sure you'll love it here! I know Luke does," she said, rummaging through papers in a desk drawer. I heard Luke snort behind her in disagreement, my eyes meeting his blue ones. Luke shook his head, causing a giggle to be drawn from my lips. "Luke, you should find...I'm sorry, what is your name, dear?"

"Leah." I said, the corners of my mouth turning up slightly. She returned the expression and turned her head to look at her son.

"Luke, you should find Leah tomorrow and show her around," she told him, but it was more like a friendly order. I bit one of my nails, watching Luke as he complained to her.

"Mom, she's going to be a senior, no doubt," he looked at me with his blond hair falling in front of his eyes. "Right?"

"Yeah," I confirmed and coughed awkwardly because he obviously wanted nothing to do with me, which I didn’t mind. It would be too embarrassing to spend a whole day with him tomorrow, full of awkward silences and short, choppy conversations.

"I'm a sophomore. That's weird." Luke explained and pressed his lips together. From what my parents explained, that mean he was two grades below me. He seemed too old for that but I shook it off. It was none of my business.

"She doesn't know anyone, darling. You really should," Luke’s mother reprimanded the poor boy, and then handed me a heavy brown box, probably full of boring books and random papers.

"It's fine, but thank you." I waved away her offer as best I could with full hands. "I'll see you around, Luke."

With that, I ungracefully shuffled out of the building, hearing his mother whisper to him about being nicer or something. I laughed lightly at that and popped open my trunk, shoving the box inside.

I barely knew how much of high school worked and my only familiar acquaintance was a sixteen year old sophomore. Great.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 96 72
Every night its the same; I wake up sweating, spinning, and unable to remember why. No matter how hard I try, I can't remember anything. I feel only...
116K 6K 77
It was her depression and therapeutic video camera that led her to Him. It was his heart of gold and tattoos that led him to Her. "Do you think I wi...
10.7K 294 63
{COMPLETED} Description in book.
863 59 34
"You've made me feel so much happiness and I don't want to ever leave that happiness." It's March 22, 2013; our one month. A moment I'll cherish fore...