0.1 | The Bad Boy and The Che...

By littletroublemaker_

Highest Rank - #1 in Teen Fiction - 29/04/18 ~~ Annabella Stone lived in a normal house, in a normal town wit... More

authors note
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
epilogue
Authors note, thank you, stories blah blah blah
Finding Ava
Xavier's POV
Exciting news!!!
Bonus chapter
PLEASE READ!!
Chasing Cora is up!!
Ren
Bonus Chapter 2

chapter 36

73.9K 2.3K 172
By littletroublemaker_

Coming Home - Sigma and Rita Ora

Hello! I just want to say that this chapter may be confusing but all will be explained in the next few chapters. Please understand that Anna's behavior is understandable and a lot of people will be like her in a situation like this. She's scared and doesn't know what to do. 

Also, thanks for all of the comments guys! #52 in Teen fiction??? Thanks so much guys! It means so much!

This chapter is dedicated to ayeeshaalffian for all of the votes! Thank you!!!

After I had received the note, I tore it up and chucked in my recycling bin. That was two weeks ago. Since that day, I had gotten several more messages from my brother, saying he was coming for me. I'm absolutely paranoid about what he will do.

My brother was angry. That much I could tell. In a sense, he has every right to be. Yet, there's a reason my parents abandoned him. They had to, to protect me. He was dangerous, he was somebody my parents didn't want my growing up around.

I hadn't heard from him in such a long time, I was only little. I had assumed he had moved on and was getting the right treatment. But now, I'm not sure he has been getting the right treatment.

I'm terrified of what he's planning to do. Nobody else knows about our past and my brother. Hell, everybody—including Ren and Cora—think I'm an only child. I haven't been brave enough to tell them about it. I haven't been brave enough to even face the problem myself. It has always been lingering at the back of my mind, my older brother.

Ever since the first letter, I've been acting more distant. Everyone who knows me well enough has noticed but has chosen not to ask me about it. I have been focusing on my studies as a way to distract myself. I still talk to them but I don't get as into conversations as I normally do.

"Hey," Xavier nudges me. "Are you okay?"

I'm touched by his concern and everybody else's. We have an addition to our table, Derek. He's been trying to talk to Cora but she won't have it. I admire him for trying but I'm still angry that he let one of Stacy's crew basically manipulate him.

My eyes glance around the table, at Jess, Cora, Ren, and Derek who are all giving me worried looks. I feel guilty for making them worry about me and my problems. I can't tell them because I don't want to put them in danger. I'm not selfish—I don't want my deranged brother coming after them because of me.

"Yeah sure." I give a fake smile. "Just worried about my history homework." I lie, biting my lip.

I also bite my lip when I lie. Only a few know that's a trait I do. I'm hoping nobody catches onto it.

Unfortunately, luck isn't on my side. Cora narrows her eyes at me and Ren tilts her head to the side. Xavier doesn't look convinced either. I need to think of a plan, quickly.

"Anyways, how's the play going Ren. Are you excited?" I ask her, hoping they will let it go. Ren has her performance coming up next week, which means she's going to start panicking that she doesn't know what she's doing. Cora and I will have to calm her down and reassure her that she's going to be amazing.

"Oh no, you don't missy," Cora snaps. "You have been acting strange for the past two weeks. You always have a distant look on your face, like your mind is elsewhere. You haven't hung out with any of us and you don't give us a real smile. What's wrong Annie, we're worried."

My face softens at her words and I look at everybody. They're all nod, even Jess, and Derek who don't know me as well. It hurts to have to lie and make them worry. I'm such an awful friend, keeping things from them is wrong.

"I know and I'm sorry. So sorry." I sigh, smiling sadly. "Its really touching, honestly."

"You're in trouble, aren't you?" Xavier asks from his seat next to me.

I don't answer straight away, causing his mind to work out my answer. He tenses and tightens his arm around my shoulder.

"Annie, we can help you." Ren urges. I sigh, looking down at the table.

"Yeah, we will help you no matter what." Jess pipes up. I give her a grateful smile and rest my elbows on the table.

"Thanks, guys really but some things you just can't help. I appreciate it though." I sadly tell them. Xavier gives me a confused look, wondering what's so bad.

If only he knew how messed up my family was.

"What is it Princess, please tell us," Xavier begs me, worry and anticipation floating in his grey orbs.

"I can't." I say lowly, my voice cracking. Oh god, I'm so weak. Now they're going to think its really bad. Which it is. "I really really can't so please stop asking about it."

"Annabella..." Xavier trails.

"Enough!" I shout, causing people on nearby tables to stare at me in shock. I've never lost it like that.

The girls widen their eyes whilst Xavier continues to give me his concerned look. Derek just stares at me with his mouth agape. Its quite comical really.

"I'm sorry, I—I" I weakly stutter, darting my eyes between them. I run a hand through my hair as I try to control my breathing. "I have to go."

With that, I stumbled out of the cafeteria, feeling their heated stares on my form. I can't believe I just lost control like that, I've never shouted so angrily before.

Paranoia is a cruel thing. It makes you constantly look over your shoulder, it always makes you feel anxious. It takes you on a whirlwind of emotions. It makes you crazy, maniac. The fear eats you up and refuses to spit you back out. I feel like a mad woman as I rush through the corridors to my locker. My heart is hammering in my chest as I yank the door open, ignoring students confused looks.

I pass Stacy, not even second glancing the sneer she gives me. I have to get out of here, I have to get home.

Opening my locker, a note falls out onto the ground. Curiously, I pick it up. My eyes wander around the corridor to see if anyone put it there but its empty. With a deep breath, I unwrap it.

I'm coming for you sis. I have missed you so much.

Oh god, oh god. I have messed up. I should have taken this to my parents sooner. If I had, they could have done something about this. Chris literally got into school and put this note in my locker.

Quickly, I stuff my belongings in my bag and walk out of school. I don't care right now about anything else, I just have to see my parents. They will know what to do. I have kept this in the dark for too long—they need to know.

Xavier drove me to school—as usual—so I'll have to walk.

Xavier. I left him there, without an explanation. I left all of them there. Gosh, I'm so horrible.

Its for the best. I reason with myself. Its better they don't know.

Sometimes though, having the closest people surrounding you is all that you need. Sometimes, their support is all that you need.

Barging into my house, I search the house for mom. She has the day off of work today so she should be here.

"Mom." I desperately yell. "Mom, are you home?"

"Mom?!" I scream. I wince at its loudness and at the pain in the back of my throat. Ouch, that really hurt.

"Annabella," she worriedly asks, sprinting down the stairs.

Thank god.

"What's wrong? Why are you home?" She quizzes me, searching my body for any injuries.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I start to cry and she immediately hugs me. She begins rubbing my shoulder; all I want to do is to continue to seek her comfort. I guess its her motherly instincts that helps or the aura of reassurance she gives off.

"What is it, sweetie?" She whispers.

"I haven't told you something. Its all my fault, I didn't know what to do and now we're in danger. I should have done something earlier. It took me lunchtime to realize I don't want to lose anyone. Oh god, its all my fault." I ramble, sobbing into her neck.

"It's going to be okay, everything is going to be fine." She cooes, her voice soothing and calm. If only she knew.

"No its not!" I yell, pulling away from her. "Its really not going to be okay."

I hope she can hear the desperation in my voice. I should have told them straight away. I really messed up. He's coming after me and probably my parents.

"Annie, you're scaring me. What's got you so hysterical?" She gently asks.

Sighing, I wipe the tears away. How do I tell her something that will break her heart?

"Mom, he's back," I tell her. Her faces morphs from worry to confusion.

She frowns at me. "What? Who's back?" 

"Chris." I sigh. Mom's eyes widen in shock and she frantically shakes her head.

"That's not possible." She claims. "No. He can't. They made sure he wouldn't come back." 

I give her a sad look. "He's back. He's been sending me notes for the past two weeks. He even sent me a picture. I know its him, I can feel it."

Mom's eyes water which breaks my heart. Nobody ever wants to see their mom cry. Its just not right. 

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you or dad. I just didn't know what to do." I say, ashamed. 

"Its okay honey. I understand why. I just wish you told me so I could protect you. I thought you were acting differently because you just started a relationship but now..." She sighs. "I should have questioned you. Its partly my fault too." 

I shout a 'no' to her. This is not her fault. All she has done in her life is protect me. 

"What are we going to do now mom?" 

She holds my hand and leads me to the living room; sits down on the sofa. I join her, biting my tongue. 

"Well, we call your dad and tell him. Then, we call Chris's former doctors and demand to know why he's out. Finally, we call the police." She explains her plan and gets her phone out. 

And with that, she dials dads number. 

Word count: 1862

Well...

How did you feel about that? What do you think Chris did? Why do you think he's after Annabella?

Comment below!!

Next update: so I would normally update on Sunday but I might be going out with my friends meaning I won't be able to update then. I will try but if I can't, expect an update on Tuesday the 27th of February. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 1K 28
"I told you to leave me alone. Are you stalking me?" I asked the little shits. "Of course not! Rude much?" Noah gasped, his hand over his heart. "I a...
185K 6.5K 41
"Touch me and -" I glare at him. "And what?" He smirks, taking a step forward leaving no space between me and the wall behind me. Amy is starting hig...
16.5M 599K 50
[Highest Rank: #1 in Teen Fiction] 🚫WARNING🚫 :| CLICHE ALERT! This is some high class cringe stuff which will make you want to throw yourself out...
212K 10.5K 50
Amber has a secret, one that she hates. When the school bad boy finds out, she realizes he isn't who he seems to be. Garrett is hiding something. Whe...