His fake assistant

By tom-yumke

When a bubbly farmer Faye gets sent on a mission by her best friend, the infamous journalist Elizabeth Venice... More

Prologue
Eww? (1)
My father isn't the king (2)
The billionaire sure loves to cuddle (3)
Doing nothing (4)
The beast woke up (5)
My daily dose of drama (6)
Huge bloke, Marc (7)
20 questions (8)
Say bible (9)
Are we friends? (10)
Does it upset you? (11)
Cookies are a yeah (12)
Sweet...too sweet (13)
Famous? (14)
Taking care (15)
Extra
Safe (16)
Be kind, always (17)
Living together (18)
Movie night (19)
Befriend him (20)
Make one (21)
Christmas kiss (22)
It's real (23)
Mother-in-law (24)
Rival for life (25)
Family diner (26)
Heartbroken (27)
Until you (28)
It will all be okay (30)
Mine (31)
Broken remote (32)
I'm shook, they shook (33)
Q&A chapter
Fairy lights (34)
I love mushrooms (35)
She said YES! (36)
I'm the villain (37)
Nightmares (38)
Epilogue (39)
PART 2
Realizations (1)
Drunk Faye (2)
Caged like a doll (3)
Perfect world (4)
Breaking point (5)
The beast is destroyed (6)
Break in? Kind of (7)
Ovulation test (8)
Preg-nant (9)
straight SAVAGE (10)
Lies, lies and lies (11)
Horrible father (12)
Spooky spook (13)
Little snitch (14)
Break the cycle (15) - the end

People can't change (29)

46.9K 1.3K 667
By tom-yumke

"I try to write your name in the rain, but the rain never came."

☆☆☆

"NATHAAAAAAAAAN", I exclaim ecstatically, jumping in his flimsy arms.

The unexplainable feeling of joy flooded through my veins. It was weird how you could miss your best friend so hard after not seeing him for.... not so long.

Still I have missed his dramatic ass, making me want to squeeze him even harder.

    "You've gained a ton lots of weight. Let me go!", he mumbles, pushing me off him.

     "I have not", I pout after steadying myself on my feet.

I place my hands on my hips, trying to look stern, but I probably end up looking like a little kid.

    "Are you sure?", he asks, eyeing me from top to bottom.

Lost for words, I end up smacking his head harshly.

"Come in, you awful friend."

We both walk into the colossal mansion, taking place on one of the Italian white leather sofa which value is even more than my whole belongings together.

     "It's big", Nathan gasps, observing every single detail as if he couldn't believe what he saw.

    "I know", I reply, scratching my neck of all the overwhelming realm.

"But it's probably not the only thing that's big", he states with a humorous undertone. He nudges my side with his elbow, blinking weirdly and rapidly with his eyes.

"Is there something in your eyes? You keep blinking weirdly", I ask gently, pulling my hand out to see, but I end up getting a snorting Nate in front of me.

What's so funny?

"Why are you so dumb and innocent?", Nate rolls his eyes while squeezing my cheek softly. I eye him in complete confusion.

    "Dumb and innocent?", I repeat, pulling both my brows up.

    "I mean like big as in... urgh...you know", Nate tries to explain, making weird bobbing motions with his hand.

    "I..."

     "You?"

     "I don't know."

     "URGHH! Leave it!"

He slaps his forehead harshly, making a loud echo boom through the room.

    BAM!

    "Faye! Are you okay?!"

And like that a mad looking Marc stands in front of us, pointing his gun at Nathan's dumb head.

    "It's okay, Marc. Nate was just explaining that Mr. William has a BIG-"

Before I could even finish my sentence I was already engulfed by Nate. He had my head wrapped under his elbow, making me suffocate from his sweaty armpit.

    "Hey, Marc", Nate speaks lavishly still holding my face under his sweaty armpits.

    I want to puke.

I try to struggle out of his stinky hold, but who could ever guess that his flimsy arms could have so much more force than I have.

    "Nathan", Marc sighs out, pulling me from underneath Nate's arms. He probably didn't question anything of being habitual with our discussions.

    *SNIF* <- me trying to take a deep breath fresh of air after almost fainting.

I could already imagine the headlines of tomorrow morning: "21 year old girl died after being stuck under her friend's sweaty armpit!"

    "You little wanker! I could have died!!!"

I smack his dumb head once again.

    "Aii!", Nate cries out, stroking his head.

    "If there's something, Faye, you can find me in the security room", Marc states dryly.

    "Marc, are you already going away? Stay here, like last time. You loved my company, right?", Nathan flutters his words out lusciously.

    "Mr. Brown, I'm at work now", Marc replies still dry as always, but this time something in his tone of voice has changed.

"That's not what you said the other night", Nate chuckles, winking his eyes at Marc.

"Mr. Brown!"

"Don't worry about Faye knowing it. She's far too dumb and naive. She still thinks I come here to spend time with her."

"I'm not dumb nor naive!", I gasp out shockingly. He really wants to get smacked another time.

"Oh really?", Nate asks sarcastically. "Let's talk about 2 years ago at that party where drunk Justin wanted to plunge his little friend in your mouth, but you thought that he wanted to pee on you so you screamed through the party: 'bloody murder, Justin wants to piss on me with his little banana'."

    Oh.

"I'm sorry, but what did you want me to think when someone casually showed me their...euhm... penis? Another thing I was young back then. I didn't know what sex even was"

"You were 19, Faye."

"That's a one time thing. That doesn't mean I'm dumb or naive", I cross my arms while huffing out of annoyance.

    "A one time thing?", Nate mocks, slurring his words as if he had drank some alcohol.

"Yup."

"A ONE TIME THING MY ASS! YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I MEANT A MOMENT AGO! OR WHEN MR. WILLIAM OBVIOUSLY LIKED YOU, BUT YOU STILL THOUGHT HE WAS A FRIEND. A FRIEEEEEEND", he screams it out over dramatically, placing the back of his hand on his forehead as if he was about to faint.

"..."

"You see, Marc. Nothing to worry about. She probably still thinks that I want to spend time with her, because she's enjoyable to be around."

My mouth gapes open from the shock. I knew it there sure had to be a reason why he always wanted to spend time with me.

    CLICK!

And then something suddenly made sense...

    "You", I point my finger at Nate's dumb head. "You and Marc are BFF's?! Is that why you always want to spend time with him? Why didn't you tell me anything? I thought WE were best friendssss!!!"

I shake his shoulders violently, upset by the thought of him not telling me anything.

Nate abruptly steps back. His face was blank, like scarily serious blank. He didn't have his stupid grin on as always. It was a rare face, one I haven't seen in a long time.

He starts taking stern paces to the kitchen, making me look at him with confusion. The whole room goes silence and then...

BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!

"NATHAN! WHY ARE YOU SMACKING YOURSELF WITH A SPOON?"

What the hell is going on?

"Faye!", he stops smacking himself, throwing the spoon back in the drawer. "You're a dumb, dumb MOFO. It's not even innocent anymore, it's downright DUMB!"

    "Faye."

I turn around by the deep imitating voice of Marc.

    "Me and mr. Brown are together as in a relationship", by the end of his sentence his face became bright red.

     Oh... OOOOOHW!

     I'm dumb.

    "That's great", I chuckle awkwardly, sending a glare to Nate because he hasn't told me anything about this.

    "I really like Marc", Nate declares shyly, making me gasp once again.

    "How long?", I ask curiously.

    "I liked him from the day I saw him. We are together for about 3 weeks now", Nate states, dreaming away by the thoughts.

"Why haven't you ever told me anything?"

"Because I'm afraid of your reaction... I'm in love with a man. That's weird, right?", he mutters ashamed.

    "No, Nathan Ryan Brown. It's not. You shouldn't be ashamed of your sexuality. It doesn't matter on which gender you fall. You'll still be my  drama llama friend", I joke, trying to light up the mood.

"Thank you", he smiles widely.

"Oh Yes, come to my room we have to talk with Liz!"

☆☆☆

"Let's call, Liz", Nate says, opening his laptop.

We were finally sitting alone on the queen size bed of the guest room.

Nate logs in and then pushes a button. Skype makes a weird sound, indicating that it's calling the other person.

    "I need to pee", the tired voice of Liz louds on the same moment her face pops up on the screen, making me almost get a heart attack.

    "You ugly", Nate casually responds, gaining a beautiful middle finger of Liz.

    "So Faye, any updates? So I could finally leave this horrible farm", Liz asks, shifting on her chair in excitement.

    "Well...h..t..ld..me.....lov...me", I whisper softly under my breath, playing with my fingers while a bright red blush creeps up my face.

    "Huh? What did you say?"

    "HE TOLD ME HE LOVES ME!", I blurt it out frustrated and embarrassed.

Gasps could be loudly heard in front of me and next to me.

    "Nooooooo", she exclaims in utter shock.

     "Yes"

I bite my lips, trying to hold my madly beating heart even.

"This is the best thing ever!", she cheers loudly.

Liz was looking contently at me. Her eyes were twinkling with proud, a bright smile plastered on her face.

"Tell me what you said!"

"Hahaha about that..."

"What? What did you say?"

"..."

"Faye!"

☆☆☆

2 weeks ago
(Flashback& play the song above!!!)

    "And lastly I love you."

And like that his lips lovingly claims mine, leaving me with endless thoughts.

I'm frozen in place, not knowing what to do. My heart is racing in my chest, trying to break out of it.

His once warm marble lips felt like fire on mine, burning my lips...

     Burning me.

I harshly push him off me, rolling of the bed.

This. Can't. Be. Happening.

We've gone too far.

"You don't love me", I abruptly hiss out in the dark.

Even if I couldn't see him, because of the darkness... I could still feel his eyes on me. His eyes were displaying confusion and hurt.

He is hurt.

"I do. I love you", he whispers back, his velvety voice cracking in pain.

I refuse to believe him and shake my head quickly. I close my eyes tightly, trying to get his words out of my head, but...

His words were like agony, tainting me.

"No, you don't", I snap. "You must think that this is Love... but it's not. You don't love me."

I hear him getting out of the bed and by the warmth on my skin, he came closer and closer until he stands right in front of me. We were so close... I could feel his warm breath, fanning over my face.

My heart was harshly pounding against my chest, it was so hard and loud it almost began to ache. A tight knot started to form in the pit of my stomach.

    I want to get rid of this feeling.

"Princess", he breathes out, breathlessly as if this was his last breath he could hold onto. "I'm so fucking in love with you."

He takes a hold of my chin with his fingers, forcing me to look up.

His metallic grey eyes were glowing in the darkness. The intense pain he had was written all over his orbs. I could feel a strange tug on my heart.

    "Let me rephrase this", I say my face blank and emotionless. "You can't love me."

    "Why?", the crack in his voice was as a knife stabbing in my soul.

     "Because I'm not good for you"

      "You are! You're everything I want, everything I need. I am the one who doesn't deserve you", he stammers out, hopelessness filling his lungs.

     If only he knew.

     "Are you leaving me?", he asks, a v forms between his brows. He looked so much older like this and stressed... so stressed.

     "I...", I was lost for words. "I need time."

      "Okay", he sighs out, giving in, his face going completely blank. He backs away a bit before speaking in a cold and emotionless voice.

"You're still my assistant so you still need to show up at work. You can still stay with me, but if you don't want it you can stay somewhere else."

My heart drops to the pitch of my stomach by his tone of voice. He has never commanded me something in such a stern and powerful dominating tone.

    "Faye, just forget what I said earlier if it bothers you. It's nothing."

     Faye.

My name which sounded so unfamiliar on his tongue rolled over his marble  lips.

No princess nor love, just plain Faye.

Without waiting for my answer he's already walking out of the room, leaving me alone in this cold room which felt chill without his warm presence.

I drop on the floor, my eyes filling with tears for some unknown reason. I felt my heart scatter into million pieces.

What bothers me the most was perhaps the fact that he was right for leaving me.

But why did it bother me so much?

The next few days
(Still flashback)

I'm still staying with Mason, but I'm back into the guest room. We haven't really spoken to each other.

I sigh out loudly, walking back to his office from the printing machine. I had to print some files for the meeting at noon.

I open the door, immediately sensing his warm powerful presence. He was sitting behind his desk, not looking up to see me. A disappointing feeling creeps up in my guts, but I shrug it off, walking to his desk. I lay the files down before speaking up in a soft voice.

    "Mr. William, these are the files for the meeting at noon"

He doesn't look up nor correct me, because I called him Mr. William. He only nods, going further with what he did before I came in.

    I feel a aching twitch in my heart.

I walk back to my desk, but before I could reach it a velvety voice louds through the room.

"Fay- Miss Jackson, you don't have to go to the meeting with me. I'll take Leah with me", he looks up for a moment, his emotionless metallic grey eyes meeting mine before going back to what he did.

    "Yes, sir."

       Leah?

I remember a Leah vaguely. That tall girl who called me garbage. I'm surprised she still works here.

     "Miss Jackson, you can already leave if you want. Your work is done for today."

That night I waited for him at home, wanting to talk everything out...

But that night he didn't come back...

☆☆☆

"I'm speechless", Nate mouths it out, eyes wide from what I just told them. "I knew there was something going on between Mr. William and you, because Marc asked me if you had told me something."

He caresses my back softly, trying to cheer me up a bit.

"What have you done, Faye?", Liz shouts furiously. "It was all okay. Why did you have to destroy the whole plan?"

"Liz, I stop this mission. This is going too far. He also doesn't have any interest in me anymore."

"No, you're going to him and you're going to tell him that you love him too! Faye, we're already this far. We can't stop this", she grunts.

"I can't do it. We're going to hurt him", I whisper out, trying to knock some sense into her.

"You're funny, Faye", she mocks. "He's Mason William. The ruthless billionaire! He doesn't have a heart. Do you want to know what he did to others?"

What he did to others?

"What?", I ask confused.

     "He fucking destroyed other companies. More than 5000 people were jobless, because of him. Many of those had a family. They were jobless, that couldn't nourish their family. Most of them are now homeless. Kids are now living on the street, because of HIM! Your lovely beast."

I gasp in shock, my eyes wide open from what she just had told.

     "But people can change, Liz", I try to utter.

    "Change? People can't change, Faye. You always see the good in the world, but open your eyes and look around you. Kindness will bring you nowhere in this world full of pain. Sometimes if you want to survive here you just have to look at the reality and accept to be selfish."

     ...

Her words silence me completely. I was lost for words.

    Blank.

    My mind was blank.

"I'm not doing this for the money, Faye, but for those people who are all homeless. Think about all those childre-"

I cut her off: "okay, I'm doing it."

Mason Alexander William, I hope you could forgive me one day.

☆☆☆

HI LOVELIES!

I'm sorry for this sad/bad chapter, but please don't ditch this book yet. I swear it's going to get better. I can't make a book without drama and just happy moments that'll be a bit boring.

So it has been a while, right? Missed me?

So let's do a challenge it has already been a while. I would update again if we get... Hmm... let's make it difficult *grins*.

If we get 200 votes and 100 comments.

I don't know if we're going to achieve it, but we can only hope for the best.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR LOVELY SUPPORT!!! It really cheered me up :).

I'm so excited I'm going to see Fifty shades freed this Sunday. Please don't judge me, but I've been a fifty shades fan for 3 years. Although I must admit that the second movie was a bit cringey and disappointed me.

Question of the day: what's your favorite country?

Mine is Norway.

XOXO
LOVE YOU GUYS!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 135 77
College Senior and actress Savannah Duley meets complicated and repressed billionaire business mogul, Alexander Holt. Their on and off again relation...
1.7M 42.6K 36
Frinza Edward funny,cute and caring is what she is with a perfect life that is until a billionaire gets a sick obsession with her and turns ger life...
1.1M 72.7K 82
He placed both his hard, and muscular hands over my upperarms, as he pinned me to the wall ─preventing me from moving. Questions shot my mind like a...
306K 8.3K 45
Victoria Hale had everything she ever wanted in life. She was the daughter of a multi-millionaire, with a loving family. Every girl wanted to be her...