When Will Anyone Understand?

By JuliaLupin

Do you think you know a thing or two about the half human, half animal creatures called nekos? Or are you con... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen- The Elegance Dance! <3
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Ten

613 15 4
By JuliaLupin

Hay my loveliest peoples! :D I <3 you all so much! I have over 400 reads, 40 votes, and 40 comments.... :D LOVE YOU ALL! This story is just starting... so I want to try keeping you on the edge of your seat... or whatever you like to sit on... :/ Anyway... From here on, it is changing a bit. They are getting later into their year, and it gets a lot more dramatic! :) It might be a bit confusing, so I will try to make these chapters a bit easier to read. If you still do not get them, please comment below and I will try to explain the chapter to you. Tuffyteller68 is making a new book later called Begging Middle School. I am in it, so therefore, I encourage it! ;) JK, it is going to be dramatic to. So if you are the trauma type of person, you will enjoy that story as well as this one. WARNING! I am not responsible for any happenings to you during these dramatic changes in the book. Thank you. :3

Chapter Ten

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER: Sylvia's POV

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

I blanked out completely when I head Ella's scream. She was right; what did it make us that we decided to pick on him for trying to apologize? Honestly, that sunk us all down to his level. It was a cold-hearted thing to do; I had always wanted to avoid something like this. I wasn’t about to forgive him though that… 

I glanced around, looking secretly at the other's reactions and for something to distract me. Sam had tears in his eyes, but looked like he was fighting them from falling, poor kid. Bella was blinking and staring off into space, probably wondering what had just happened. Riley had tears streaming down her face, but she wasn't making any noise, what-so-ever. Henry had his head down, sinking back into the shadows. Bret was shaking furiously, probably scared out of his wits. His face was almost as pale as his hair.  Feeling my fists clench I turned away from Bret. Arvy had tears running down his face, and kept murmuring things and shifting constantly. Weird, normally it’s me doing all the crying.

Wait… where was Jacob? I didn't see him anywhere in the group. It was almost like he disappeared off somewhere. That boy was always a mystery. He never showed emotions, care, behavior, and sometimes didn't even acknowledge you. I didn’t think he even knew I existed before today. I’m more of a background person but I do know how to fend for myself.

My silver, sleek tail drooped to the floor and my ears were flat down to my head, almost like they were trying to crush my skull. I opened my mouth a couple times, then soon after closing it, and starting the process again. Speechless.

My mind was dull, slow, and unbelieving. It couldn't process what had just happened. It wouldn't believe that she just yelled at us all. It couldn’t believe that we were all dumbfounded. It couldn't believe any of it, but it was right in front of me. Soon I began to doubt my feelings and thought. Was she right? Was I right? Is anything right?

No.

"I-i think I'm going to go..." Bella whispered, wolf-tail drooping and head hung. It was sad seeing Ella’s friends like this.

"Me too... *sniff* I-i need to g-go home..." Riley replied, tears pricking the corners of her eyes.

We all murmured or nodded slowly, acknowledging their decision. Arvy glanced up and murmured a 'Goodbye' before looking straight down again. “Goodbye.” I echoed

Something was wrong with Arvy. I could tell with my feline senses. The constant murmuring, like he was trapped in a nightmare, unable to wake up or snap out of it. He was shaking and blinking his eyes, never moving his gaze from his paws. His hair fell shaggy in front of his eyes, so I couldn't see what was in them. He was whimpering, almost like whining.

I walked over carefully over to Arvy, making sure I didn't startle or frighten him. I kept myself together and sat myself down heavily in a chair next to him. I took a side-ways glance at his shaking body and realized his sufferings were almost like real pain.

"Arvy? Are you okay?" I asked cautiously, making sure I didn't set him off. Keeping my eyes forward I didn’t think he would even acknowledge me.

I could almost hear him still shaking, but there was no murmuring this time.

"Y-yes..." He trailed off, making it obvious that he was lying to me.

"Please Arvy, tell me what's wrong. I know that you are lying to me right now." I replied, making sure I was soft in tone yet firm in meaning. Turning my head a little in his direction, I gave him a small smile.

“Remember, It’s not just you that has a crud life.”

He sighed deeply, staring up at me. "Fine... but I don't want to talk about it here..."

"Okay. I can understand that." I got up slowly; making sure Arvy was behind me.

I walked towards an empty room. I wasn’t sure if he was still following me. He followed me. A tear filled his eyes, and shuts the door quietly.

I walk over and sat on the bed, thinking that something this bad can't really be short. He leaned against the wall next to the bed and sighed reluctantly. His hair swept across his left eye making him seem even more inhuman that usual.

"Please, Arvy, tell me. I won't do…anything you don’t like. Plus, if you keep whatever is bugging you inside of you in there forever, it is just going to get worse." I persuade him to tell me.

He sighs and starts his story. "Well, my dad just got home last night. We don't see him often, so at first we were overjoyed."

He tells me the story, making sure he doesn't miss the emotions or feelings that he and Henry encountered.

"What happened?" My mom asked.

"Let's discuss this in the Living Room." Dad said.

"Kids stay put." He said. Henry and I nodded.

We heard BAD NEWS even though we couldn't hear it. We were worried and then we heard a screech. We ran to the Living Room then we were confused then I saw a circular rash on my Dad's leg then I was shocked that my Dad had... had LYME disease.

We didn't have enough money to treat it. And soon he might become paralyzed and... and. I couldn't think straight. Henry was shocked even though he barely shows emotion I saw the expression on his face for once in his life.

He finished his story, tears streaming quickly and uncounted down his face. He started shaking again and whimpering.

I shook my head at the terrible thing that he just told me; unable to say a word or even breath. It was too hard to take in. My brain started to get slow again, not believing that this could be true.

I could feel my eyes glaze over with tears but I blinked them away. Arvy had it much worse than me, even with my past.

I got up and put an awkward arm around Arvy. He pressed his face into my shoulder and let out everything he had been holding back. Everything.

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

We all had left Ella's house, trudging back to our own homes. I got inside of my car and waved to the others as they left. I pushed the key into the ignition but I didn’t move a muscle.  Everyone parted away into the night but there was still one figure silhouetted against the moon. Bret tapped on the window indicating to roll it down.

“You okay?”

Sighing, I pressed two fingers to my temple but forced a smile and nodded numbly.

Slowly, Bret took hold of my hand and squeezed it. “It’s going to be fine.” Please let that be true. Letting go, I winded up the window and drove off. Bret waved me off and I managed my first real smile since…everything.

 Emotions built up inside of me, making me feel awful and tight. Tears leaked from my eyes, uncontrollably and freely.

I got home, puffy-eyed and quiet. I crept up quietly to my room and feel into a deep, needed slumber. Or needed of a cat nap. I still had my terrible sense of humor as well even after the rollercoaster of events.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

I was in a weird place. It was dark and constantly moving. I had no control over the flow of the place, even though it made me a bit nauseous and made me want to change it. 

I glanced at the murky walls; at least I thought they were walls. They mixed and swirled in different shades and tones of grey, black, and white. The place had a dark, misty presence about it, making me feel more gloomy and sad than I already was. The floor looked like a river of ashes. I found great interest in it and the ceiling. The ceiling looked like stars; it shown and shimmered.

I settled down and rested on the floor. I had an odd feeling like I was traveling down the river-like floor, but I paid no attention to it. I gazed peacefully at the ceiling.

I saw images flash in the ceiling; it was mirroring my thoughts. Slowly, color and lines etched the sky into my thoughts and memories.

Happy moments appeared first.

I walked into the 'arena' and saw Bret lying on the ground surrounded by a pool of blood. His naturally white hair was covered in blood. I hurtled myself into the 'arena' and beat the crap out of JP.

$$$$$$$$$$$$

I walked over to Bret and placed a gentle kiss on his cheek before picking him up and hobbling off to the Nurse's Office.

$$$$$$$$$$$$

I heard my phone beep and pull it out. A text from Bella:

Bella: Hey guys! Ella has just woken up, and she is great! Thank you guys for all of your troubles! I hope to hear back from you guys soon! I will talk to you guys later! :)

$$$$$$$$$$$$

I walked up to Ella in her hospital bed, ears straight up. "I can't thank you enough. You saved my boyfriend, helped me fight, and we took JP down together. I don't know anyone courageous like that. I think we are going to be good friends."

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Then came the bad memories.

I was shocked to see Ella get up, and JP saw this as a perfect timing. He kicked me- HARD- in the stomach. I didn't even wail. I flew back and skidded on the floor. Blood flowed from my mouth and I weakly got up.

@@@@@@@

I walked into the 'arena' after all of the screams and cheering. I walk in and my blood freezes. My boyfriend, Bret, is dark red and is lying in a pool of blood. He looks filthy and is clutching his ribs, while suppressing a wail.

@@@@@@@

My tail was puffed up and I was screaming at the nurse. I carried Bret carefully in her arms, holding him safely and comfortably. My ears were flat against my head and my hair was wild.

"What do you MEAN, you can't see him right now?! He is badly injured! Can't you see?" I screamed, snarling in the nurse’s face.

The nurse flinched. "Excuse me, ma'am. The nurse is seeing another patient right now. And please, remain from-"

"Well tell her to get her butt our here or why can't YOU do it?! You have a job here too! You have two perfectly capable arms!" I screamed, hissing.

@@@@@@@

I was tending to Bret when I heard a scream. I bolted up out of the room and tried to find out where it came from. Then I saw an unconscious Sam being carried out into another room. I gulped deeply.

Ella's room.

I peeked inside of the room and saw Riley wailing and sobbing, screaming at the nurse. The doctor was on a phone call.

Then I saw it. A huge, purple/black bruise was on Ella's stomach. It was huge and discoloring. The sight made me queasy and terrified.

"Yup. The problem? Oh, a girl was in a fight to save a high school boy from a bully. Needless to say, the wounds were bad, yes. But why I am calling you? Oh right. She has something in her stomach. Internal bleeding."

@@@@@@@

"Who invited you?!" I screeched.

"Sylvia, c-calm down..." Bret trailed off.

"Yeah, don't tell us you let yourself in." Henry sneers.

"So yeah, why are you here anyway?" Riley questions, rudely.

"It is supposed to be secret and you can only be invited." Bella states.

Arvy glances around. "What’s going on around here? Have you guys lost your minds?"

JP sighs deeply. "Yeah, I did let myself in. It was rude, but I heard Ella was coming back today and I wanted to apologize. It was mean and rude of me, but I needed to see you. I-i"

"HOW DARE YOU! YOU THINK YOU CAN WALK AROUND HERE, LIKE YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT?! YOU COME TO THE GIRLS HOUSE THAT YOU CAUSED ALL OF THIS, YOU INTRUDE, AND EXPECT IT TO BE OKAY?! WHAT THE HECK?" I scream.

JP looks awfully sad and scared out of his wits. I swear I saw some tears in his eyes, but he tried to cover them up. He backs away slowly when we all start to corner him.

"STOP IT! ALL OF YOU!"  Ella screams. "THIS BOY CAME TO APOLOGIZE, AND YOU START TO CORNER HIM LIKE THE WORLD'S MOST WANTED?!"

Everyone freezes. Dead. Like instant ice. No one moves a muscle and stares off into space.

I stutter. "B-but... this boy-"

"I DON'T CARE 'THIS BOY-' "THIS BOY" CAME HERE BECAUSE HE IS SORRY AND WANTS TO ASK FOR FORGIVENESS. BUT YOU TRY TO FINISH HIM OFF BEFORE HE EVEN SAYS ANYTHING?! WHAT DOES THAT MAKE YOU ALL?!" Ella screams at us.

All of our heads go down. We stare at the ground or shuffle our feet nervously. Arvy is lost for words, opening and closing his mouth like a fish out of water.

@@@@@@@

He tells me the story, making sure he doesn't miss the emotions or feelings that he and Henry encountered.

"What happened?" My mom asked.

"Let's discuss this in the Living Room." Dad said.

"Kids stay put." He said. Henry and I nodded.

We heard BAD NEWS even though we couldn't hear it. We were worried and then we heard a screech. We ran to the Living Room then we were confused then I saw a circular rash on my Dad's leg then I was shocked that my Dad had... had LYME disease.

We didn't have enough money to treat it. And soon he might become paralyzed and... and. I couldn't think straight. Henry was shocked even though he barely shows emotion I saw the expression on his face for once in his life.

He finished his story, tears streaming quickly and uncounted down his face. He started shaking again and whimpering.

I gasped at the terrible thing that he just told me. It was too hard to take in. My brain started to get slow again, not believing that this could be true.

A single tear slid out of the corner of my eye. It trailed slowly, making a slow trail behind it. One single tear could show all of the emotion I was feeling right now.

I comforted Arvy and muttered words of encouragement and kind words. He sobbed next to me, leaving me shocked and bewildered.

@@@@@@@@@

“You are worth nothing! Nothing! You bring shame and bad luck upon our happy family!”

“Please…please…” I whimpered as there was a sharp pang across my face. Another slap. Another. Another.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

"No.... no... NO!" I scream, jumping out of bed, drenched in sweat.

Falling to the ground, I clutch my knees to my chest, shaking uncontrollably. Tears streamed down my face freely, and I sobbed hopelessly.

Soon, dawn arrives slowly, spreading warm sunlight through my window. As the sunlight creeps closer, I stop crying. My tears dry and my breathing slowly evens out.

I walk up to the window and glance around. The sunlight looks like Heaven's rays, spreading over the beautiful meadow full of flowers, the tree tops and make them look golden, and over the lake, reflecting off of its waves. Birds chirp in the air, swinging the sweet song of a new day. Squirrels race out and chatter amongst each other, spreading good news and places with good food. Rabbits hop across the flowery meadow in harmony. A light breeze passes through the meadow, making the flowers and trees sway with ease. I saw a reflection of my tired face in the window.

Everything seemed so perfect, so new. It was telling me something; today was a new day, so I could make it however I wanted it to be. If I wanted it beautiful and make it better, than I could. I wanted so badly to smile but it seemed inappropriate giving what Ella was going through at this very moment.

I walked into my bathroom. I guessed from the series of events that had happened, I probably didn't look like Cinderella.

When I walked in through the bathroom door, I realized how awful I looked. My eyes were puffy and red from all of the crying. My purple/silver hair was sticking out in many directions. Was it always that silver? Maybe Bret is having an impression on my hair. Oh no, that was bad to think of Bret. Argh!

My matching ears were pressed down on my head, and my tail drooped and was full of dirt from it dragging on the floor. My skin looked a lot paler, giving me a sickly look. My nose was bright red, sticking out oddly against my face.

I decided to take a shower first, to get rid of this horrible feeling inside and out. I knew it would help me calm and feel renewed.

After my nice, warm shower, I washed my face gently and dried it with a hand towel. I didn't want to put on much makeup, so I just added a bit of mascara and eye liner.

Looking up into the mirror, I looked a lot better than I did earlier. My skin kind of glowed naturally, my hair was nice and sleek, and a new, determined look replaced my sorrowful, gloom one.

I brushed my sleek, damp hair so when it dried, it would be naturally straight. I brushed out all of the knots and made sure it dried in the right place.

I walked downstairs and went straight to the kitchen. After a whole night of crying, it really makes you hungry. I pull out some waffles and the toaster. I placed them in and started grabbing supplies.

I picked out the syrup from the pantry and grabbed the butter from the refrigerator. I placed them on the table and opened the silverware drawer. I picked out a knife and a fork.

After the waffles popped, I picked them up and placed them on my plate. I walked to the table and put butter on my waffles first. Them I cut them. I poured the syrup over them, making sure every piece got some.

After I ate my delicious waffles, I picked up my car keys and drove to school, hoping for a better day than yesterday.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I walked into the school, looking a lot brighter than usual. Walking lightly and confidently down to my locker, I opened it am grabbed my books for first period.

Then something weird happened, that was DEFINITELY out of the usual. Brittany was walking around giggling holding papers in her arms. She was happy about putting flyers?

It made me really curious as she was sending glares and flirting as she was putting up these flyers. People instantly gathered around them as she put them up on the wall.

Curiosity got the best of me, so I walked up to the flyers that Brittany put up. I tried seeing over the other people, and that didn't work.

Easily, I snuck out from behind them and went under their feet. I have no dignity left from all my years of terrible humor. I popped up from under them and looked at the flyer.

It read:

ELEGANCE DANCE

The traditional Elegance Dance has come around again! It is on the 23rd of August. It is 7 PM to 10 PM. It is guys ask girls, and it requires a partner to go. It costs $5 per ticket.

I stared at the flyer in shock, my mouth dropping. WE WERE HAVING A DANCE?! I have to tell Bret! I scrambled up onto my feet and accidentally rammed my head into a very triumphant looking Brittany. Mumbling an apology, I ran down the hallways to find him.

()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()

Hey guys! EXTRA LONG CHAPTER! I know, I'm so awesome. I sent this to MoonyGuitar because it is her characters POV. I hope you guys liked this chapter! I made it kind of sad though, but it got better. It is going to get better from here on out! :D I LOVE YOU GUYS FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT! It means to much! :') I love you all dearly! I will be going to Chicago next week, but this week I am trying to work hard on updating before I leave. I LOVE YOU ALL MY PRETTIES! <3

JuliaLupin & MoonyGuitar <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.8K 1K 23
You're a neko who just so happened to catch the attention of the one and only, green bean and his evil side. Attention! - sorry to any male readers...
133K 5K 17
Hey, I'm Kioshi Makoto. I live in Tokyo, Japan all by myself. I've always lived by myself. Sure, it's lonely but I don't mind the quietness it gives...
218K 5.9K 52
You are a vampire in a school with vampires and humans but you don't know what kind of a vampire you are. The other vampires aren't aware of you bein...
14.7K 833 25
Shiori was different from everyone else in her high school. It wasn't just her strange features that made her different. It was her. She was differen...