Breaking The Bad Boy (Complet...

By kaddydee

Ashley Martin has been through more grief than a person experiences in their entire life and carries baggage... More

Breaking The Bad Boy
Prologue: Look After Your Daddy
Chapter 1: Unfortunate Collision
Chapter 2: He's Mad, Real Bad
Chapter 3: Taste Of His Own Medicine
Chapter 4: Not A Badass, Just An Ass
Chapter 5: Wrong About Him All Along
Chapter 6: He Has Me Up Against The Wall
Chapter 7: Play Him At His Own Game
Chapter 8: You're Sorry? Too Bad
Chapter 9: Starting Over
Chapter 10: Stop Molesting Me
Chapter 11: Smoking, Choking
Chapter 12: We Hooked Up? Since When?
Chapter 13: I'm Trying, I Can't Help Lying
Chapter 14: Damn That Burn! Where's The Ice?
Chapter 15: His House, His Rules
Chapter 16: A Walk Into The Past
Chapter 17: Truanting With A Pro
Chapter 18: He Knows Me Better Than I Do
Chapter 19: It Wasn't A Date! We Didn't Kiss!
Chapter 20: He's Broken, So Broken
Chapter 21: Second Anniversary
Chapter 22: Slow And Steady
Chapter 23: Bad Boy Band Aids
Chapter 24: Taste It And Tell Me If It's Creamy Enough
Chapter 25: Always Knew You Were Kinky
Chapter 26: Tattoos And See-Through Shirts
Chapter 27: Apologies And Dinosaur Band Aids
Chapter 28: Keeping Promises
Chapter 29: Past Lives, Past Loves
Chapter 30: Bad Boy To The Rescue
Chapter 31: I'm Drunk, He's Sober
Chapter 32: Wanna Shower With Me?
Chapter 33: Theoretically, We're Making Out
Chapter 34: Confrontation With The Bitch
Chapter 35: Well What Else Are Friends Are For?
Chapter 36: His Bedroom, His Rules
Chapter 37: The Bad Boy's Nine Delinquencies
Chapter 38: But First, Let Me Take A Selfie
Chapter 39: Beach House Memories
Chapter 40: Less People, Less Collateral Damage
Chapter 41: His Hands Are Down My Shirt
Chapter 42: Nothing Makes Me Uncomfortable
Chapter 43: My Hand, His Crotch...Talk About Awkward!
Chapter 44: Wasn't It Obvious?
Chapter 45: So You Wanna Play Dirty?
Chapter 46: Two Kisses? Time For Girls Night!
Chapter 47: Final Assignment
Chapter 48: Surprise, Surprise, It's My First Time Too
Chapter 49: Whenever You're Ready, I'll Plant My Seed
Chapter 50: Good Girl Gone Bad
Chapter 51: Run! Run For Your Life!
Chapter 52: Are You Trying To Friendzone Me?
Chapter 53: Put Me Down Or I'll Crush Your Balls
Chapter 54: Please, Please Don't Be Mad At Me
Chapter 55: Are We Going To Have To Elope?
Chapter 56: I Wanted To Escape, So I Kept Running
Chapter 57: I'm Sorry Tyler, You Know I Just Can't
Chapter 58: Forgiveness At Last
Chapter 59: Oops, I'm Not Wearing A Bra
Chapter 60: You're Not A Creep, You're My Creep
Chapter 61: This Is It, A Life For A Life
Chapter 62: You Don't Belong Here
Chapter 63: She's Broken, So Broken
Chapter 64: Who Even Wears Clothes To Bed?
Chapter 65: Truths And Stolen Kisses
Chapter 66: Showering With The Bad Boy
Chapter 67: Pick A Star, Any Star
Chapter 69: Been Waiting Since Seventh Grade
Chapter 70: Did He Do That...Thing?
Chapter 71: Dearest Taylor, It's Time
Epilogue: It's Okay Not To Be Okay

Chapter 68: Should I Mention The 'P' Word Or Not?

616K 19.4K 26K
By kaddydee

[A/N: Songs for the chapter:
- Zedd // Lost At Sea
- Taylor Swift // Sparks Fly]

The next morning Tyler turned up to my house an hour after Mom left for work. I was too busy snoring and rolling over in my bed to realise that there was somebody else in my house until I heard the sound of pans clanging downstairs but still, I didn't think there was any more to it - because when you're half asleep, it doesn't matter if the world around you is on fire...all that matters is you and your bed.

Once in a while, you experience the most addictive sleep and it's sweeter than candy and so toasty it feels like you're sitting in front of a fireplace. You're warm and content and everything in the world will feel right. Well, I was having one of those because for the first time this month I was sleeping in my own bed.

All was right in the world.

That is until a certain Mr Grumpy kicked the door open to my bedroom and screamed, "ROOM SERVICE FOR MISS MARTIN!"

Bolting upright, I practically shat bricks as I rubbed my eyes and quickly threw on my glasses, ready to fly kick the imposter out of the window. Then the imposter grinned, and shoved a breakfast tray onto my lap before throwing themself on top my legs.

"Morning munchkin, did you miss me?"

Bear in mind that I was still frozen and pretty much in shock as I blinked at Tyler slowly, struggling to come to terms with the fact that he had ruined the best sleep I've ever had in my entire life. A scowl found it's way to my lips and in that moment I was ready to bare my claws and scratch his eyeballs out.

"You look mad. Why are you mad?" He asked cluelessly, rolling over so that he was strewn across my thighs with his head resting on my stomach.

The breakfast tray on my lap almost toppled over so I quickly grabbed it and flashed him a death glare. Grinding my teeth together, I carefully placed it on my bedside table before wriggling my legs from under Tyler. Deep breaths, I willed myself quietly in my head as I headed straight for the door.

"Hey, I made you breakfast!" He called out as I slammed the door behind me to go and brush my teeth. Seconds later I heard him scoff and grumble, "Women!"

When my face was no longer contaminated with sleep and my breath smelt fresher than daisies, rainbows and all happy things; I stormed back into my bedroom, finally ready to eradicate Tyler's existence from the world. He was busy snooping through my bookshelf, holding a black book in his hands as he flicked through the pages with a nostalgic smile. I cleared my throat and he spun around with a sheepish smile and patted the bookshelf like he'd been caught doing something naughty.

"I may hate reading but this book is actually surprisingly good," He held up 'Looking For Alaska' by John Green. Unimpressed, I arched an eyebrow and he awkwardly put it back in it's place before mumbling, "Taylor made me read it."

Narrowing my eyes into paper-thin slits, I followed him as he trudged back to my bed. I continued to glare at him, still mourning over the loss of my beautiful sleep as Tyler failed to hold my gaze and stared at his Vans.

He finally broke the silence when my death glare became too much for him to handle.

"Umm, should I mention the 'P' word or not?"

My eyes flashed with horror before I edged towards him in a threatening demeanour.

"What did you say?"

"You know, the word you always tell me not to say even though we both know there's gushing red waterfall between your legs–"

"Tyler!" I snapped and his closed his mouth instantly.

"Sorry," Tyler attempted a serious demeanour but failed and burst out laughing. "Look, I'm sorry munchkin." He held up the mug of hot chocolate he made for me. "Peace offering?"

I flopped down beside him and took the cup from him.

"You're lucky it's chocolate," I took a long sip and sighed as the warmth heated me from inside to out.

Leaning my head against his shoulder, I smiled when he draped an arm around me and traced patterns along my forearm. Secretly, I tugged my t-shirt until it came past my elbows so that Tyler wouldn't have to look at my burns.

"So, uh, is it the first day of your thingy?" He mused quietly. "Because you don't seem to be screaming at me like you usually do, or cocooned in your bed doing the weirdest yoga poses. Or swallowing your weight in KitKat bars."

"What thingy?"

"You know...the red stuff?"

I frowned and picked my head off his shoulder.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I scrunched up my face in confusion. "Sometimes it's like you pick random words out of the dictionary and put them together to form a gibberish sentence."

Tyler pursed his lips and a flush crept up his neck. He reluctantly pointed a finger at my crotch before making his fingers mimic rainfall.

Then he uttered in a hushed whisper, "Vagina."

"Ty!" I shook my head with disbelief before putting the mug down on the tray and turning around to sock him on the shoulder. "What the heck is wrong with you?"

"Ow! I was just asking. Jeez," He pushed me away from him with enough force for me to fall back. "It's just a question."

"Well it's the kind of question guys ask girls when they want sex," I huffed, sitting back up again.

"Not true."

"So you're not into hooking up with a girl on her period?" I teased.

"Ew, god no!" Tyler wrinkled his nose with disgust. "I can be freaky if that's what you're into Ash, but I'm not that guy. That's just gross, especially coming from you."

I burst out laughing at his horrified expression and felt considerably smug about it.

"Then why are you asking such a personal question," I rested my chin on his shoulder and pressed my nose into his cheek to annoy him.

He gently shrugged me off.

"I was going to take you out on a - wait for it..." Tyler began to mime a drum roll and I laughed. "...Date."

"A date?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but if it's the first day of your period then we can stay in and build a fort with your blankets and watch those disgusting horror movies you love so much."

Liquid heat pooled inside my stomach and I hooked my arm through his before pulling us both back down onto my bed.

"Well since you're so desperate to know all the deets about my menstrual cycle, I will be glad to announce that yesterday was the last day of the good ol' Lord reminding me I lost a potential baby," I flashed Tyler my widest grin, baring my teeth into my trademark Cheshire Cat grin which made him draw back in horror.

"Did you just say 'deets'?" He laughed and pinched my nose lightly. "God, you're so cute."

"Stop that," I slapped his hand away but he snatched mine and kissed it lightly. I rolled my eyes but found myself grinning at the gesture. "So what exactly do you have planned?"

"Dinner reservations," He shrugged his shoulders and raked a hand through his hair, nervously stealing a glance at me. "But I've got a little surprise for you beforehand so we need to leave in an hour."

"An hour?" I asked with a slight frown and he nodded, eyes alive with excitement. "I don't know Ty...My mom is hell bent on keeping me under house arrest after last night."

"Last night?" He mirrored my frown before his eyes widened with realisation. A silent question passed between us and I nodded reluctantly, burying my face into my hands as Tyler asked, "But how did she find out?"

I shot him a look of disbelief.

"Hmm, let me see," I tapped my chin and drawled, "A certain idiot insisted on walking me to my doorstep and wanted to test out his new key to my house so he made a ruckus and then, being an even dumber idiot, he insisted on walking me to my bedroom. I mean, who does that?"

"Me, obviously," Tyler flashed me a cocky grin and I rolled my eyes. "I know I'm the most romantic guy ever so don't soak your panties just yet munchkin. Save that for later."

"Don't flatter yourself," I muttered under my breath, blushing when he nuzzled his face into my neck. "Anyway, Mom heard you when you slammed the door shut on your way out and she woke up. I had to lie for you, idiot."

Tyler peered up at me with an amused grin.

"Did you make it a good one?"

I shoved his chest lightly and turned away from him so that he couldn't see my irritated scowl.

"I told her there were paranormal activities in this house last night. And, then added that I took one too many of my prescription pills for my migraines and she brushed it off and sent me back to bed. I think she caught on because even though I was wearing my bath robe I was still in my sneakers."

"Oh well," Tyler shrugged his shoulders. "You got away with it. Who cares?"

"I do!"

"No you don't," He chuckled, snaking his arms around my waist and turning me around so that we were face to face again. "Now are you gonna eat those pancakes I spent ages slaving away on?"

I glanced over my shoulders and gestured at him to sit up before joining him and grabbing the breakfast tray from my bedside table. Shoulder to shoulder, we dived into the golden brown pancakes, drowning them in maple syrup before I literally hoovered the half the stack into my mouth. Tyler laughed as I wolfed down each pancake in ten seconds and he sipped my hot chocolate until I snatched it away from him and downed it in two gulps.

I felt the urge to burp but held it in when a wicked idea cropped up in my mind.

"Hey Ty," I turned around and pointed at my bottom lip. "Do I have syrup on my lip?"

His eyes darkened with desire when I jutted out my bottom lip, pouting with a shitload of syrup dripping from the corner of my mouth.

"Yeah," Tyler leaned forward to wipe it off, and I almost ditched my plan when he cupped my lips and literally sucked it off.

Then I remembered what he did to me the last time we were on my bed.

So I burped. Into his mouth.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Tyler literally screamed and jumped off the bed, waving his arms around and struggling not to gag and throw up all over the carpet. "That's disgusting!"

I burped again and blew my breath in his direction, quickly scrambling off the bed to chase him as he backed away from me. He screamed again when he stumbled over a beanbag and staggered backwards, unable to keep his balance. A loud thud shook my room like an earthquake when Tyler crashed to the ground and I lunged for him as he crossed his arms over his face and let out a girlish shriek. Straddling his chest, I bent over and gripped his wrists. I held them over his head as he let out another shriek.

"You said 'I can be freaky if that's what you're into Ash'," I quoted him before lowering my face and meeting his wide eyes. "Well what if I said I was into burping and it turned me on?"

"But you're not!" He screamed, squirming beneath me as I let my lips hover over his.

"But what if I was?" I asked in a low voice, showering his mouth with heat from mine.

"But. You're. Not."

With each word, he tried to jerk away from me but I wasn't having any of it. He tortured me last time and pulled me down with him when he fell off the bed. Payback's a bitch sunshine, I thought darkly as I teasingly dragged my lips along his jawline to the sensitive spot behind his ear. Tyler must have remember the day I bit his ear and stiffened.

"Please don't bite me," He whispered breathlessly.

I smiled against his skin and tightened my hold on his wrists until he breathed sharply and flinched. Pressing my lips to the spot at the back of his ear, I felt the fight within him die and his body slackened. He stopped resisting as I worked him up slowly, nipping the skin just the way he liked. At some point, I released his wrists and raked my fingernails along his arms until I dug them into his shoulder blades. His breaths grew shallow and ragged and I had to fight back a grin or he would have sussed me out. When I was certain from his light moans that he was off in his own little world, I quickly pulled back and let out the loudest burp ever - right in his face.

"ASHLEY!" Tyler roared, bolting into an upright position when I quickly scrambled off his chest and sprinted straight for the door.

I didn't make it far when he ran after me, lunged for for me and tackled me onto the bed. Tyler freaking tackled me like we were playing American football! Every inch of oxygen was squeezed out of my lungs when he crashed on top of me and I screamed when he growled.

"You're disgusting and vile and sickening!" He spat venomously and I giggled, igniting the spark of fury in his eyes even more.

"But you love me right?"

"Yes! No! I mean yes I do, but right now I don't," Tyler snapped in one long ramble before groaning, "Fuck you Ash."

"Go ahead," I waggled my eyebrows and hooked my fingers around his belt loops.

He shot me one last seething look before rolling off me and snatching a pillow to wedge between us. I tried to take it down but Tyler gripped it tightly and kept it upright.

"I really don't want to see your face right now or I might just throw up," He grunted as I tried to wrestle the pillow.

Eventually I gave up on annoying him and headed to my closet to pick something out for our date. Was I supposed to wear a dress to a restaurant? Most of my dresses were strapless or backless. I frowned at the thought of baring any skin besides my legs and peeked at the angry, red skin above my elbows. I didn't think I was ready for the rest of the world to gawk at my burns and make fun of me behind my back.

With a deep frown, I glanced over my shoulder at Tyler.

"Dinner reservations," I mused quietly even though I knew he was giving me the silent treatment. "What should I wear?"

Tyler tucked his uninjured arm behind his head and watched me rummage through my closet and chuck clothes out at a hundred miles per hour. Since I was undergoing a brain malfunction over what to wear, I never heard him get up and amble towards me until he snaked an arm around my waist and pressed his lips to my throat.

"You're lucky I can't stay mad at you for longer than two seconds."

"Shut up," I held up a hand to silence him as I held a white, bodycon summer dress to my body. "Is this too revealing?"

Without waiting for his reply, I tossed it to the ground and picked up another dress, and another, and another. Within minutes, there were two mountains of dresses growing at our feet.

"Damn it!" I cried. "I have nothing to wear. My hair looks awful. Everything I own showcases my burns. The fire from the accident literally digested half of my hair. Mom hasn't booked me a hair appointment yet. I need a new wardrobe too. Heck, I need a fucking makeover. Holy shit, what am I going to wear..."

I stopped freaking out when Tyler moved his lips to my ear.

"Shh, calm down munchkin," His voice was low and seductive and I heaved a sigh.

"Sorry, I just...I don't know what's wrong with me," I groaned and buried my face into my hands as his teeth grazed my earlobe.

"Look, go take a shower and I'll pick something out for you," Tyler spun me around and tilted my chin up with his thumb.

"You?" I chuckled, trying to omit my sarcasm. "What do you know about fashion?"

Tyler shrugged his shoulders and cocked his head to the left before stealing a kiss on my lips.

"I don't," He smiled adorably, sporting a secretive, scheming sheen behind his bright eyes. "So you'll just have to trust me."

I rolled my eyes but nodded in defeat. "Fine. Pick something out for me if you're such a fashionista, idiot."

He laughed and immediately started rummaging through my underwear drawer.

"I'm on it," He lifted up a thong and twirled it around his forefinger. "Mmm, I like this. You should wear it more often."

I snatched a pillow on my way out of the room and tossed it at him. It bumped into his chest before falling to the ground and Tyler's head shot up, his face contorted with feigned hurt.

"Ow!" He whined dramatically, "I was just expressing my opinion."

"Opinion my ass," I flipped him off and closed the door behind me. "Pervert."

"Heard that!" He called out as I hurried into the bathroom.

"Congratulations on having one of your five human senses. Now piss off and find the other four!" I yelled back.

**

When I emerged out of the bathroom I was pinker than a pig and so tender that I was certain even a poke could bruise me. I'd already towelled myself off and applied my burn creams so Tyler wouldn't witness the atrocity on my back and was now clad in a fluffy bath robe. Surprise filled me when I discovered my room was empty and much tidier than I left it in Tyler's hands. My chest prickled with warmth because he'd taken the time to make my bed and I gasped at the Macy's bag that sat on top of my pillow.

"You have go to be kidding me," I whispered in disbelief, tightening the robe around my waist and approaching the bag with a hammering heart.

I sat down and carefully peered inside the box before letting out a gasp.

"Holy shit," I gawked as I lifted a black dress out of the bag, cursing again when I glimpsed sparkly heels buried at the bottom.

I stood up and darted to the full length mirror in my room, holding the dress to my chest and twirling around in tight circles. It had an illusion neckline that was made from sheer black material which came to a halt at the chest. The rest was pretty much a typical sleeveless dress, flowing outwards like a gushing waterfall all the way to my mid-thigh with a tightly clinched waistline that made me twirl in faster circles.

It was absolutely beautiful.

Laying the dress down on my bed, I tipped the bag upside and squealed when two silver blobs fell onto my pillow. I held up the heel of one shoe and palmed the sparkly exterior and smiled like a little kid on Christmas morning. How on earth did Tyler even know my shoe size? Or maybe he didn't and just grabbed any size. That's the type of thing he'd do: just grab and go. I chuckled under my breath when I slipped on the platform heels with incredible ease.

"Perfect fit," I breathed and took them off carefully before quickly darting over to my vanity mirror to do my makeup.

It didn't take too long to line my lips with bright red lipstick and to draw on winged eyeliner but then I remembered I had forgotten to put in my contacts and things pretty much when downhill from that point on. By the time I finished applying my makeup, I was on the verge of pulling my hair.

And then I realised: my hair!

I stared at myself in the mirror and bit back tears at the hideous, curly mop on my head. There was no way I could hide the fact that I had the haircut from hell so I simply scraped it all back into a tight bun and prayed nobody would notice how brittle and parched my hair really was.

By the time I waddled down the stairs, I was shaking with nerves about Tyler's opinion on my appearance. I had throw a white denim jacket over the dress to hide my burns, praying he wouldn't mind too much. The dress was absolutely stunning and as much as I watched to show off the sleeveless trim, I couldn't. I wasn't that fearless or immune to rude strangers and their stink eyes.

I searched every room for Tyler until I found him sprawled across the couch in a change of clothes from the jeans and tank top he was wearing earlier. Clad in snug black slacks, a fitted white dress shirt and black suspenders to match my dress, Tyler looked good enough to eat! His cast bulged out of his shirt sleeve but other than that, I couldn't find a single flaw in him.

"Whoa," I breathed and he glanced up from the TV screen.

I clamped a hand to my chest to will myself to breathe but I couldn't even summon a coherent thought when Tyler stood up and approached me.

"Whoa," He breathed, raking his eyes over my outfit and drinking in every curve before stiffly wrapping his broken arm around my waist.

His other hand brushed my collarbone and he cupped the two rings that hung from my necklace - the very same one he gave me for Christmas. A sudden wave of shyness took over me and I lowered my gaze, literally swooning when I noticed that he was wearing dress shoes in place of his sneakers.

"You look..." We both said at the same time before bursting into nervous laughter. I took a deep breath, but then we spoke at the same time again. "I'm sorry, you first."

"Stop mimicking me," I snapped teasingly, clearly flustered that he kept stealing glances at the dress he bought me.

"I'm really not," Tyler's grin threatened to split his face in half. "You look...you just look...God, you are so beautiful. I always feel like the luckiest guy in the world to be with you but right now, damn Ash...I think I'm the luckiest guy in the fucking universe."

A blush reinforced my already flushed cheeks and I lowered my gaze for the billionth time since I entered the room.

"You look beautiful too," I mumbled, dragging my heel across the ground as Tyler snapped out of his daze and frowned at me. I corrected myself and added, "Hot. You know the supercalifragilisticexpialidocious kind."

He laughed for a good ten seconds before clipping my chin and tilting my head up so I was forced to meet his gaze. His face was lit up like a Christmas tree, bright and glowing. The only aspect he didn't bother scrubbing up was his hair which flopped everywhere, wild and sticking up in all direction as if he had nervously raked his hands through it a billion times. I breathed a light laugh. Tyler caught on and anxiously flattened as many golden locks as he could but there were a few that managed to escape his fast fingers. They stood tall, stubbornly poking out of the golden river like spineless needles. My chest inflated as I wondered, was he really that nervous about taking me out?

"Do the shoes fit?" He asked, snapping me out of my daze. "Because I literally spent an hour in the store pissing off the salesperson until I made a very educated, manly guess. I can get them changed for you if they're too tight."

"No, they fit perfectly," I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. I peppered kisses all over his face, exploding with excitement, before realising that he looked diseased with red lipstick dotting his skin. "Oh crap, sorry."

Tyler threw his head back and laughed at my mortification before unhooking my arms from his neck and disappearing upstairs to wash his face clean. When he came back down I was waiting in the driveway, confused because I was wearing the highest heels known to man, and there was no car in sight.

"You forgot your pills munchkin," He chuckled and I smacked my forehead lightly as he shoved two white containers into his pocket, each half the size of a baby's fist.

I groaned, trying to reign in my frustration but Tyler noticed my pursed lips.

"Don't worry Ash. That's why your mom asked me to babysit you today," He teased, pulling me into his arms to kiss my temple.

"You're not helping," I lightly shoved him away before asking, "No car?"

Relief filled me when he shook his head. I was beyond glad I wouldn't have to ride in another one of those abominations just a day after being discharged from the hospital.

"Nope, we're walking," Tyler snatched my hands and tugged me down the sidewalk. "You must be out of your mind if you think I'm going to drive ever again."

"Seriously?" I raised my eyebrows and he chuckled.

"Okay, maybe not ever again," He mumbled sheepishly, playing with my fingers as I dragged him across a zebra crossing. "Give me at least a year."

"I'll put my money on two weeks."

"Two weeks?" Tyler echoed with an incredulous look. "Twenty bucks says I'll last a month without a car."

I arched an eyebrow and wriggled my hand out of his before holding it out to him.

"Deal," I smirked as we shook on it.

**

My feet were screaming by the time we reached our 'surprise' destination. I was certain we had walked at least three miles and Tyler and I spent half the time bickering about freaking sardines. Sardines, I'm telling you! Sardines! I don't know why he brought them up but he didn't believe that they ate plankton. Moron.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Well, open your eyes and look," Tyler grinned, waving a hand at the gleaming, glass building.

"My eyes are open!" I bit back.

"I said open your eyes and look. So look," He drawled in a slow voice and I smacked his shoulder lightly.

"Stop being a smartass and tell me why we're outside a freaking hair salon," I narrowed my eyes because he made me dress up all fancy - ready to wine and dine - for a visit to a damn hair salon?

"Isn't it obvious? Come on munchkin, we're five minutes late to our appointment.

"Our?" I wrinkled my nose with confusion and Tyler rolled his eyes dramatically.

"Sometimes I get worried that you have fluff between your ears instead of a brain," He groaned and pulled me towards the entrance. "Come on."

As soon as we entered the hair salon, an overwhelming scent of jasmines and other perfumes clogged up my nose, tickling the back of my throat, and I suppressed a cough. Tyler wrinkled his nose and let out the cutest sneeze before dragging us both to the front desk. The whole time he spent talking to the scarily posh lady at the front desk, I gawked at the incredible interior design of the salon.

It could pass off more as a hotel lobby than a salon. Right, left and centre were black chairs, desks and expensive hair tools. In contrast to the inky black furnishing, the ceiling was dotted with diamond shaped strobe lights. Mirrors lined every wall in thick rectangles that stretched from the ceiling to the floor and I smiled back at one of the hairstylists when she glanced over her shoulder before continuing to cut her client's bleach blonde hair.

"Are you getting your hair cut?" I whispered to Tyler, curiously studying his side profile when the posh lady behind the desk punched numbers into the keyboard.

"Yes we are."

"We?"

"Ashley, we've already been through this," He poked my cheek before gesturing me to follow the lady behind the desk to a closed off room at the back.

"Why? I'm not getting my hair cut," I exclaimed loudly before lowering my voice.

"Yes you are. Now let's skip the whole "Oh-em-gee Tyler, you're surprising with a haircut at the most prestigious hair salon in the state and I'm going to look like a supermodel for our dinner date tonight. Also, I want to rip your clothes off and take you on this reception desk but I can't so I'll just fantasise about it while this lovely lady makes me look–"

"Shut up, shut up, shut up," I clamped a hand over his mouth as the lady behind the desk smiled at us like the whole salon hadn't heard every dirty word that tumbled out of my boyfriend's mouth. "I do not want to take you on this damn desk you stupid little pervert. And secondly, my mom promised to take me to her personal hairstylist."

"Actually, your mom was covering for me. I've been planning this for about two weeks now."

"Oh." I pursed my lips before glancing at the creepy lady waiting for me. "But Tyler..." I lowered my voice to a whisper. "She looks like a psycho in a pink suit."

"Ashley," Tyler clamped my shoulders and shook me. "That woman over there is nice. She shaved all of my hair off when I came here with Taylor. Tay was pretty distraught about losing her hair when her chemo started so we came here and I shaved it all off. How can you not remember my bald phase?"

"She was the one who shaved your hair?" I whimpered, suppressing the image of Tyler's shiny bald head in tenth grade. "Lord have mercy upon my soul."

"Oh spare me the pointless prayers," He rolled his eyes dramatically although he looked like he wanted to burst out laughing at my horrified face. "I'll drown you in freaking holy water if you don't grow some balls Ash. It's just a haircut. Even if it goes wrong, it'll grow out."

"I'll take your freaking balls if you don't get me the hell out of here! Look at her! She looks like a mass murdererer! Like those old women who act sickeningly friendly and then lock you in their house and unleash sixty cats on you all at once and you end up with your face printed on every milk carton in country!"

This time Tyler burst out laughing. I glanced over his shoulder where the lady was grinning at me with her perfect teeth and her perfect pink suit and oh god... she looked exactly like Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter. She watched us argue in hushed whispers for another minute before Tyler crushed me into a hug to silence before kicking my ass away.

"I love you," He called out, before following a male hairstylist to a recliner chair to get his hair washed.

"Go to hell!" I hissed. "I'll see you there when my throat has been cut from ear to ear."

"You're crazy munchkin," Tyler laughed over his shoulder as I waddled to the secret room where this creepy woman was going to carry out a blood sacrifice using my poor old body.

I may have survived two car crashes and I may have escaped death twice and I may be deemed as lucky by the hospital doctors. But nobody - I repeat, nobody - is lucky three times. Nobody gets a third chance to dance with death.

"Don't eat me, I probably taste like a scrawny dog bone," I muttered under my breath as I walked into the small VIP room to get slaughtered and diced up for whatever cat god this woman obviously worshipped. "I'm too young to die."

"What did you say sweetheart?" The old lady grinned at me and patted the black leather recliner chair.

"N-Nothing ma'am," I stammered before mumbling a swift prayer in my head.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[A/N: Who else is terrified of haircuts? I personally don't like hair salons because they yank and pull my hair like freaking animals. Plus, I've never had my hair professionally cut because my mum takes care of it even though I'm an idiot with hair to my waist and it's full of split ends because I haven't cut it in a year. Boo hoo.

Ash's dress should be on the side. Was this chapter boring? I rushed it and didn't plan it at all. I just wrote whatever came to my head so I'm sorry if it isn't up to your usual standards :)

Vote, comment and all that stuff. You'll love tomorrow's chapter, I promise :')

Chapter 69: Been Waiting Since Seventh Grade
- Kaddy]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 739 31
(Warning! Cringey story I wrote when I was like 14!) He admitted to liking her, she did the same. Then they should be together right? Well that would...
Broken By Claire

Teen Fiction

5.3K 215 40
Grace Jackson has been dealing with self hatred since middle school. It only became worse as the school years went by, and just when Grace feels it's...
4.9M 129K 26
An arm snaked around my waist and he forced me to face him. "That kiss on Wednesday was hot, wanna continue from where we left off?" He whispered h...
1.4K 139 44
Every story has a hero. It doesn't mean it has to be a guy or a knight in shining armour. "Heroes are overrated. I prefer saviors. Or even better sur...