0.1 | The Bad Boy and The Che...

By littletroublemaker_

Highest Rank - #1 in Teen Fiction - 29/04/18 ~~ Annabella Stone lived in a normal house, in a normal town wit... More

authors note
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
epilogue
Authors note, thank you, stories blah blah blah
Finding Ava
Xavier's POV
Exciting news!!!
Bonus chapter
PLEASE READ!!
Chasing Cora is up!!
Ren
Bonus Chapter 2

chapter 24

93.9K 3.2K 300
By littletroublemaker_

On Top Of The Word- Imagine Dragons

"Anna, why won't you? Its just for fun."

I can't. I can't trust him -- what if he dropped me and I landed on my head? I don't want to get injured again, especially since I only just recovered.

"Xavier..." I start, not knowing how to put it to him. How would I tell this guy that I just don't trust him enough to lift me up in the air without dropping me.

Xavier gives me an expected look for me to continue. I bit my lip and run a hand through my hair.

"I-I just don't know if I trust you enough." I finally admit, releasing a breath of relief. I'd like to say the hardest part is over with but I still have to wait for his reaction.

Peaking up at him through my lashes, I see Xavier staring at me. He looks a bit disappointed that I don't trust him yet but he also seems to understand that.

"Annabella." He finally says, softly, taking a step closer to me. "I know trust is earnt, not given. But I'm telling you that you can trust me with your life. I'd rather die than let something bad happen to you. Okay?"

I'm speechless. I look into his grey eyes and all see back is the honesty and devotion. He really meant all of that? He would rather let something happen to him before it happened to me?

I feel so... honored. This man, who doesn't let anybody in and doesn't care about anyone cares about me.

My eyes start to well up as I continue to get lost in his hypnotic grey eyes. I feel like I'm starting to see the real Xavier. Not the cocky, possessive man who he shows to everyone but the man who actually cares and wants to protect. That wants to protect me.

"Wait, why are you crying? Did I say something wrong? Oh god, I'm so sorry princess, I didn't want to make you cry." Xavier panics, his arms encasing me as he looks over my face. The panic he's feeling is making me want to cry even more. I've never been so sentimental in my life. Yet, right now, I feel like crying cats and dogs.

"These are tears of joy." I sniffle, giving him a shaky smile. "Nobody has ever been like that, except for my parents of course."

"You sure?" He assesses me, his eyes sweeping over me.

"Yeah." I nod my head, wiping the tears away from my face. I hadn't even realized I was full on crying until Xavier said I was. Huh, funny. I guess my mind was preoccupied.

"Did you really mean that?" I ask, lifting my head to get a good look at him. I want to be able to see the sincerity in his eyes.

"Every word." He immediately answers.

He isn't lying. He really is telling the truth. He really means everything.

My heart is pounding in my chest. Its like its trying to tell me to trust him because it certainly does. And I think I do. I think I trust him to lift me up and hold me. I trust him with my life.

"Yes." I blurt out.

Xavier gives me a confused look, cocking his head to the side slightly.

Rolling my eyes, I explain. "To the competition, let's do this."

His eyes light up as a smile makes its way on his face. He takes my hand as we turn back to face the man.

"I trust you." I whisper, loud enough for him to hear. He squeezes my hand to tell me he heard and that he's pleased.

And I do. I really do trust him.

The man gives the basic rules and explained that all we had to do was complete the lift successfully. The winner receives the money and the photo with them. I'm nervous about this since I'm putting a lot of my trust in Xavier but I guess life is about taking risks. You have to take a leap of faith every once in a while to make life exciting and worthwhile.

"Okay, so there are ten groups here. Each of you will get enough space for the women to do a run-up and jump. The crowd and my two judges will decide who wins." He interrupts my thoughts. "And if you fall, don't worry, we have some paramedics on standby."

Some of the other contestants nervously chuckle. Its always reassuring to know that there is a medical team on standby, ready for when somebody falls.

"Don't worry princess, I won't let you fall." Xavier whispers into my ear. "And even if you did, you would land on me so I would cushion the fall."

I roll my eyes but smile. He's right about that, Xavier would take the brunt force of the fall. Now that would be satisfying to see.

We then get into space, where I have enough room for a run-up. My eyes wander around the area and I gulp at seeing how many people there are. At cheerleading, there is around half the amount of people here.

It feels like there are too many eyes on me. My throat feels like its about to close up; my hands begin to shake.

If I fell, everybody would see it...

I believe what I'm experiencing is a panic attack. I've never had one before but I can tell you now, it feels awful.

Darting my eyes around the other couples, I see a few of them nervous. Most of the couples look at each other with love and adoration, reassuring them.

I glance at Xavier to see him looking calm and collected. His eyes rake over me and he must have seen my distress because he gives me a look saying 'you can do this' and he mouths 'I won't let you fall'. Releasing a breath, I nod my head and close my breath.

Inhaling, I clench my fists together, my nails digging into my skin.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

The music then begins, the song echoing throughout the square. The women who is relatively close to me is tapping to the song, mouthing the words. She looks peaceful and ready, not afraid of falling. She must really trust her partner.

As the song progress, I watch as four of the contestants back out, shaking their heads as they realize they just can't do it.

A big part of me wants to do that, to quit but another part of me wants to see that I can trust Xavier. I want to do this for him and for me. I want to prove to myself that I can do this, that I am capable.

And then the guy shouts for us to go and I take a deep breath; start running up.

I shake off all of the negative thoughts, I forget about falling or that when I get back to America, Stacy is going to kill me. Instead, I live in the moment. This is my time.

I jump into the air and feel Xavier's strong hands grab me and hoist me up. His hands shake for a brief second and I swear I hear my heart skip a beat but then he gets everything under control and I'm successfully up. I stretch my arms up so and close my eyes. It feels like I'm flying. Vaguely, I'm aware of Xavier turning us around whilst holding me up but I don't care. I only care about this moment, where my trust in Xavier got me here.

Eventually, Xavier slowly lifts me to the ground. I stand, inches apart from Xavier so my chest is pressed against him. My breaths are labored from the excitement. Peaking up at him, I see his eyes trailing over my face. I'm aware of his hands on my hips, holding me securely. Butterflies are erupting in my stomach; desire passes through my body.

"Thank you." I mummer, my eyes connecting with his. I see happiness in them which makes my heart skip a beat. I made him happy. Me.

"You're welcome." He replies, looking like he's in a trance again.

That's when I realize what's happening. Like I'm having a wake-up call.

Clearly my throat, I awkwardly step back and look at the ground. I can't believe we were like that. Standing together, looking so...in love.

Which I'm so not.

My eyes glance at Xavier to see him frowning down at the ground, also deep in thought.

Luckily, the man then breaks this awkwardness, informing us he was going to announce the winner. He must have been conversing with the two judges.

"Right, I think we have a clear winner here." He says loudly. I wonder who it is. I didn't take the time to look at everyone else so I don't know who fell and who didn't.

"And I must say, we absolutely loved the lift. The amount of trust, accuracy, and love was clear. So with pleasure, I can announce the winner is couple number 10, over there."

Well, at least we gave this a try -- wait! That's us!

Oh. My. Gosh. We won!

I look at Xavier to confirm it and when he nods, giving me a dazzling smile, I squeal and jump into his arms. He laughs along with me as I try to comprehend the fact that we won.

Xavier twirls us around as the crowd clap and cheer. Lowering me to the ground, I stare into his hypnotic eyes. Happiness and adoration shine brightly through them; I can't help but blush at it.

"I told you." He says and I frown at him, tilting my head in confusion. Rolling his eyes, he continues. "That'd you win. You're a winner, a star."

Now my whole face heats up. Xavier has this way with words that makes me feel like the most special girl in the world. Cliche, I know, but its true.

The guy interrupts us, shaking our hands.

"Well done kids, you definitely deserve this." He congratulates us, smiling. The other two dancers/ judges do the same as well.

Then, he turns to the crowd. "I now give the money to them and then we'll take the photo."

He gives the money to me, giving me a hug. "By the way, your guy is really into, he's a keeper."

I pull back, a baffled look on my face as he smirks at me. Is it that obvious?

We then get into a position for the picture, Xavier snuggling his arm around my waist. Smiling, we all say cheese as the camera snaps.

This day is actually a great, memorable day. 

Word count: 1817

So...did you think it was cute? Did you enjoy their moment together?

Comment below!

Next update: 25th January

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.9K 995 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
108K 3K 43
A story, in which a typical teenage girl falls for the school's bad boy. Except, she's not that typical and he's not that much of a bad boy. *** "If...
1.4M 39.6K 60
{Highest Rank: #21 in Teen Fiction, #1 in Comedy, and #10 in HighSchool} THE LAST 20 CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN REMOVED! THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE AND THIS BOOK...