No Strings (Camila/You)

By cuhbello

❝What happened to just messing around?❞ (G!p you) More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.

31.

16.2K 469 87
By cuhbello

"Karla! You're going to be late!" I heard Camila's dad's voice boom from downstairs.

Camila detached her lips from mine and let out a sigh. I held eye contact with her and smiled. I gently pushed her off me so I could sit up. She pouted and crossed her arms.

"I don't want to go to school. I want to stay in bed with you." She whined and pushed me back again.

I chuckled and rested my hands on her waist, "Me too, but I don't think your dad would like that idea," I playfully raised an eyebrow.

She rolled her eyes and giggled, "Right."

She got off my waist allowing me to sit again. I stood up and fixed my shirt. I grabbed my backpack and put it back on.

"Ready?" she asked.

"I mean I guess."

I followed Camila downstairs and stopped by the kitchen. Her family was having breakfast. Sofi turned her head and smiled when she saw me. "Y/N!" She yelled excitedly making Sinu and Alejandro immediately look my way.

"Y/N? When did you get here?" Sinu smiled and stood up. "Are you hungry?" She offered.

"Uh just now," I lied, "And no thank you Ms. Cabello. I ate before I came over." I smiled.
She nodded and threw her dish in the sink.

"Alright then. Come on Sofia, time for school."

The small girl groaned and stood up. She grabbed her purple backpack, that was a little too big for her small body, and put it on. She waved goodbye to me and followed her mom out of the house. "We should go too." Camila spoke up. "Just let me grab my cheer bag."

Camila quickly ran up the stairs, leaving me and her dad alone. He looked up from his plate of food and eyed me. I felt slightly intimidated under his gaze.

"Good morning sir." I finally greeted him with an awkward smile. I really didn't want to be on this man's bad side.

"Good morning indeed." He said as he took a bite out of his sandwich.

He went back to reading his newspaper. I looked away as Camila came back down the stairs. She grabbed her house key and put her school ID around her neck.

"See you later papi!"

I stepped out of her house while she locked the front door. We got into my car and settled in. I kept my eyes on the road as I sped to school.

"You have cheer practice today?" I questioned.

"Yeah during 6th period. Normani said she added a few touches to our routine, so we have to learn them before the game on Friday." She explained while grabbing her duffel bag.

"Cool. Are you still riding home with me?" I asked, taking a small glance at the Cuban. I pulled into the school's lot and parked.

"Of course." She smiled.

Camila tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and stared at me. "So how do we do this?" She asked.

"Do what?" I asked in confusion.

"I want people to know that we're together, but like...how do I tell them?" She asked while playing with the bottom of her shirt.

"Oh. Well I mean, you don't literally have to go around telling people that we're a couple. We could just like hold hands or something and if anyone asks you if we're together then you can tell them." I shrugged. She bit her lip and looked like she was thinking.

"Does that make sense?" I asked.

She smiled, "Yeah, I get what you mean."

"Alright cool."

I shut the car door and walked next to the shorter girl. I zipped up my nike windbreaker and put my ID around my neck. I reached to grab Camila's hand but she beat me to it. She laced our fingers together and sent me a tight smile.

"You nervous?" I asked.

"A little." She admitted. "But I'll be fine." She added. She gripped my hand and continued walking. I lead us towards the entrance of the school. We passed a group of kids that were sitting on the steps. I felt a couple of stares on me and Camila, but I ignored them.

We walked hand in hand through the crowded hallway until we were met with Dinah. She approached us with her usual smirk then looked down at our hands. She gasped in shock and looked back at our faces.

"Are you two public now?!"

"Yup." Camila answered.

Dinah squealed in excitement. I chuckled at the Polynesian's reaction. She clapped her hands and wrapped her arms around both of us. "I'm proud of you Mila." She said once she released us. I looked up when the bell rang.

"Let's get to class before Mr. Wilson gets all mad and pops a vein." Dinah rolled her eyes.

I laughed as we speed walked to our first period. The teacher was about to shut the door, but I quickly grabbed the handle and stopped it from closing. He turned around and lowered his glasses when we entered the room. I quickly went to my seat in the back before he could say anything. I dropped my bag on the desk and sat down. My eyes looked around the room as the teacher began his lesson. I internally cheered when I noticed Austin wasn't in class today.

Thank you Allysus.

I grabbed an English textbook from under the desk and flipped to the page the rest of the class was on. I wasn't really going to pay attention, but I at least had to make it seem like I was so I wouldn't get in trouble. I gazed out the window and zoned out.

——

Half of the school day went by pretty quick. It was now lunch time. I leaned against the wall outside of Camila's fourth period and watched all the students rush out. Camila didn't see me when she walked out of the room because she was talking to one of her friends.

I approached them from behind, casually draping my arm over Camila's shoulder. She jumped in surprise and looked at me.

"Shit. You scared me." She chuckled and shoved me. I laughed and pulled her into a hug. I looked back at her friend who was watching us with a curious smile. I recognized the girl because she was also friends with Shawn, but I couldn't remember what her name was.

"Y/N this is Hailee, she's on the cheerleading team with me. Hailee this is Y/N." Camila introduced us to each other while still walking.

"We've met before." Hailee stated with a smile.

"Hailee, right." I chuckled and waved at the girl. I moved my attention back to Camila.

"How was class?" I asked.

"It was alright. Nothing interesting." She shrugged with a smile.

I hummed in response and kept walking. I noticed Hailee kept stealing unsubtle small glances at Camila and I as we walked towards the lunch area. She finally said something when we reached the cafeteria.

"Not to be nosy or anything, but are you two together?" She asked with a smile.

"Yeah." Camila nodded.

"Oh my god! Cute!" Hailee gushed happily.

"Thanks." Camila and I both said.

She nodded, "Well I'm going to go. I'll see you at practice Camila. Bye Y/N." Hailee waved at me and Camila hugged the taller girl goodbye.

Camila grabbed my hand and lead us to the lunch table where our friends sat. "So it's true?" Normani smiled as we approached the table.

"What?" I asked.

"You two are officially public?"

I took off my bag and sat down. "Oh that. Yeah." I smiled and wrapped my arm around Camila.

"About time." Lauren remarked as she bit into her apple.

Camila chuckled and leaned against me. I furrowed my eyebrows, "Wait I didn't tell you. Who told you?" I asked.

"Obviously Dinah did," Normani chuckled and nudged her girlfriend, "But also, you know how this school loves to gossip. The news is going around." She shrugged.

"I'm so happy for you guys." Ally interjected.

"Thanks Ally." I grinned.

"Can one of you come get in the lunch line with me. I'm starving." Normani whined while holding her stomach.

"I'll go. I'm hungry too." Camila answered.

Both cheerleaders stood up and walked to the lunch line. I looked back at Dinah who was watching me while eating her hot cheetos.

"I was thinking we can hang out at my place tomorrow? As best friends, I believe we need to be spending more quality time together." Dinah said while licking her fingertips.

I laughed at her formal tone and nodded, "Sounds like a plan." Dinah sent me a bright smile and continued eating her chips.

Camila and Normani returned a few minutes later with their lunch trays. Camila moved her bag to the side and sat next to me. She took her pizza out of the plastic and took a bite.

She glanced at me and held the pizza up, as a way of offering. I gladly took a bite of it. She giggled and sipped her water. Camila and Normani began discussing something about cheerleading, so I just sat there the rest of the lunch period listening to their conversation.

——

I shut my notebook as the final bell of the day rang. I stopped by my locker to grab my jacket then walked out of the school. Camila told me to meet her on the field since that was where they were practicing. I could see the group of cheerleaders from a distance. I walked on the track and rolled my eyes when I saw the football players were also out here practicing.

I sat on the metal bleachers and watched the cheerleaders for a few minutes. They were still practicing. When Camila finally had the time to look around, she noticed me and gestured me to go over. Just as I was about stand an annoying familiar voice called my name out.

"Y/N."

I turned my head to the side and saw Austin approaching me. He wore his grass stained football uniform and carried his helmet in his hands. "Got my answer?" He smirked and wiped the sweat off his forehead.

"Yeah. My answer is go fuck yourself. Haven't you heard the news that's been going around the school?" I smirked.

He scoffed, "What news?"

"Camila and I are publicly together now. So you can go ahead and shove your little threat up your ass and leave me alone now." I chuckled.

Austin's smirk immediately dropped.

"W-What? No way." He said in disbelief and crossed his arms.

"It's true, sorry your little plan failed, but I should get going. My girlfriend is waiting." I smirked and grabbed my bag. I hopped off the bleachers and walked towards the group of cheerleaders that were being dismissed.

"Ok, don't forget to practice that last step at home too. You guys are free to go." Ariana spoke loudly before allowing them to leave.

Camila smiled and jogged towards me. She jumped and gave me one of her infamous koala hugs. I reciprocated the tight hug and looked over Camila's shoulder at Austin.

He just stood there, watching us with a cold stare. I smirked and watched as the bitter boy stormed away. Camila released me and hopped back down.

"Just let me get my things then we'll go." I nodded and allowed the shorter girl to gather her things.

I spun around when I heard a soft voice come from behind me. I locked eyes with Ariana, "So, the rumors are true? You and Camila are a thing now?"

Yikes, this was kind of awkward.

"Uh, yeah not a rumor. We're together." I answered with an awkward chuckle.

"Oh cool. Congrats I'm happy for you two." She smiled, but it seemed a bit forced.

"Thanks Ari." I half smiled.

She tugged on the straps of her bag and nodded, "Well I guess I'll see you. Bye Y/N." And with that the short cheerleader was gone.

I turned back around and saw Camila walking towards me with her two bags. I took one of her bags so she wouldn't be carrying so much.

"Ready to go?" I asked with a smile.

"Thanks, and yeah." She sent me a cheeky grin.

We walked on the grass and passed the football players who were resting on the benches. A few of them greeted me. I waved shortly.

I heard one of them laugh and exclaim, "Austin got dumped for a girl!" And an eruption of loud laughs followed that statement.

I wanted to laugh too, but I held it in. Camila and I continued walking to my car in silence. I glanced at her and smiled. I was proud of her for being brave and actually go through with all this. I unlocked my car and finally spoke up when we were in.

"You know, I'm proud of you Cami."

She met my gaze and sent me a smile exposing her pearly white teeth. I smiled back, feeling happy at how nicely things were falling into place.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 5.9K 35
"...and then, everything was a restart,"
35.2K 1.3K 5
67.4K 2.4K 47
Includes • gifs • headcannons
22.9K 4.7K 22
Just have to read to find out..💔