Suspicious Minds [Darkiplier...

By Actual_Angel

Okay, kids, this is where it gets complicated. The Reader and Darkiplier have teamed up to fight against Wilf... More

Author's Note: Here We Go Again
Chapter One: What Now?
Chapter Two: This Won't End Well
Chapter Three: The Author
Chapter Four: The Host
Chapter Five: Googleplier
Chapter Six: What's Wrong With Him?
Chapter Seven: The Doctor Will See You Now
Chapter Eight: Quiet In The Library
Chapter Nine: Someone New
Chapter Ten: It's time
Chapter Eleven: Darkiplier (Part 1)
Chapter Twelve: Darkiplier (Part 2)
Chapter Thirteen: Trapped
Chapter Fourteen: Guess Who's Back
Chapter Fifteen: Fight Me
Chapter Sixteen: Concern and Forgiveness
Chapter Seventeen: The Truthliest Truthy Truth
Chapter Eighteen: A Date With Darkiplier
Chapter Nineteen: Comfortably Numb
Chapter Twenty: Earth Angel
Chapter Twenty One: A Show
Chapter Twenty Two: Persuasion Room (Part 1)
Chapter Twenty Three: The Hospital
Chapter Twenty Four: Persuasion Room (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty Five: You Can't Give Up
Chapter Twenty Six: Losing A Friend
Chapter Twenty Eight: I couldn't think of a name for this one
Chapter Twenty Nine: A New Friend
Chapter Thirty: Somewhere New
Chapter Thirty One: Raspy Hill
Chapter Thirty Two: The Woods
Chapter Thirty Three: The End
Author's Note: That's a wrap, folks!
Chapter Thirty Three-ish: Alternate ending

Chapter Twenty Seven: Dance With Me

662 32 56
By Actual_Angel

Credit: Tessanami on Tumblr.
This is one of my favorite pieces of Darkiplier fan art, honestly.
_______________________________________
"Dark!" You screamed, "Mark!" You ran around the bunker frantically, searching everywhere you could. You were making your way down to Dark's room and had to stop to take a breather. You leaned against the wall and shut your eyes. Where could they be!

"(Y/N)!" They screamed in unison, appearing directly in front of you. They both pulled you into a back breaking hug, but you start shaking. They sense that something's off and they back away.

"(Y/N)?" Dark says in a confused tone. You stare intensely at his eyes, searching for that golden glint. You sigh in relief and you feel a warmth fill you. Although you were still afraid of Dark because of what Glitch did, you felt that complete feeling as you stood around with them longer. It did help that your Dark didn't look exactly like fake Dark. He didn't have Glitch Dark's grey skin or those cold, dead eyes.

"It would be easier if I just showed you." You said glumly and they both reached for your temples. You flinched hard when Dark did and he ripped his hand away like he had touched a hot stove top. You guided his hand back to your temple and they saw everything. Dark was furious and Mark was sympathetic, but a feeling they both shared was guilt.

"I'm going to fucking end him." Dark's eyes burned gold. "I knew I should've dealt with that glitch long ago."

"(Y/N)," Mark pulled you into a tight hug as you cried on his shoulder. "I'm so sorry. It's going to be okay."

"Dark?" You sniffled and Mark let you go. He turned to you, stopping his ranting so that he could listen. "What about Anti?" They both stiffened and looked shocked when you said his name. Dark's face became cold and distant, while Mark's was stressed and angry.

"Did you guys not see that part?" You asked curiously, wiping the remaining tears from your cheeks. They both shook their heads. "Glitch and I were warping here and while we were in this tunnel, Anti was behind us. He started laughing and when Glitch saw him and Glitch looked terrified."

"Stay away from Anti." Mark warned, his expression turning deadly serious. You felt the mood shift and the area around you became colder.

"I hadn't planned on seeking him out," You looked at Dark who had fallen silent. "but why?"

"He will kill you." Dark finally spoke up and the icy tone of his voice gave you chills. "The egos won't, but Anti is without mercy and he will make your death agonizing."

"Understood." You nodded solemnly. "What do we do now?"

"Get back into a routine, I suppose." Mark shrugged, "It'll be good for you. You need to start training again anyways." You groaned at the thought, but remembered it would probably be with Dark. You didn't think you were ready to be that close to him yet.

"Can it be with you, Mark?" You asked him and he nodded. You glanced at Dark who looked hurt. "I'm sorry, Dark. I need some time to heal, okay?"

"Very well." Dark said, trying to hide the pain in his voice, but you knew him too well. "If there is anything I can do to help, tell me."

"I will." You smiled and Dark took his leave, it was just you and Mark now. "Can you sleep with me? I don't want to be alone."

"Absolutely." He smiled at you and you blushed. It's been a while since you've blushed around Mark and you didn't miss it. You hated blushing. (Or maybe you like it. I don't know your life).

The rest of the day had gone by without too much fuss. You mourned the loss of Red, even though you hadn't spent much time with him. You learned that nothing lasts forever and that became especially real when Red was gone. At least he wasn't physically dead, but the Red you knew was.

You took a shower before you went to bed and started sobbing. The crushing weight of what Glitch's Dark did to you came raining down. The flashbacks were so vivid and intense that you started screaming. Mark rushed into the bathroom to check up on you and he held your crying form. You clutched onto him, trying to anchor yourself back to reality. Your flashbacks and panic attack stopped and you calmed down. You had a feeling that nightmares were going to haunt you all night, but you didn't know how graphic they would be.

*Nightmare POV*

You were running, but it felt like you were doing so in slow motion. You couldn't move your legs fast enough if you tried and he was coming. Dark walked after you, knowing that he didn't need to run. That was the thing about Dark, he knows what to do to maximize your fear and cause you the most pain. He was a demon, after all.

You reached a dead end in your dream land and your back was against a wall. Dark was approaching, dragging a bat with nails and barbed wire on the ground. The scraping sound filled your ears and you vainly tried to plug them. The sound was in your head, you couldn't escape it.

He was in front of you now, raising the bat to take a swing. You saw his eyes flicker between black and gold, a sinister smile on his face. He swung the bat with precision at your head and you ducked. Luckily, you were fast enough to dodge his swings, but you had a feeling he was holding back.

You managed to brush past him, but he turned and swung the bat at your back. You crumpled to the ground, screaming in agony. The pain was so intense that your back felt like it had broken. Dark pressed his foot into your shoulder and ripped the bat out of your skin. He let you run again, although you were moving even slower.

"He doesn't love you." A voice whispered in your ears. "He never has."

"He's using you." Came another, "He'll throw you away just like he did with the others."

"How could he love someone as disgusting as you." A new voice said, "You're useless and weak."

"Stop!" You screamed, clutching your head and falling to the ground on your knees. You held yourself in a ball, praying for escape. You heard Dark calling your name, but he was nowhere in sight.

"My darling (Y/N), I just want to talk." He said in a light-hearted voice. "Come out come out wherever you are!" He knew where you were, but he was enjoyed taunting you.

You managed to get up again and continued running. You turned a corner and that's when you saw him. Mark was laying on the ground, his torso had a vertical cut running all the way down it. There was blood everywhere, his wings had been ripped off and they laid next to him. His eyes had been burned out, his body looked like an empty shell.

You fell to the ground in front of him, begging for him to wake up. Your heart felt like it was going to explode, you couldn't deal with anymore.

"T̶̹̺̠̗̩̖̻̄̌̇̀͗̾͋͋̓͐͟ĩ̧͉͖̪̪̭͎́̒͌͊͐͑̀̅͡m̤͙͕̹͕̩̠͙̓͋̈̾̓͆̄͌ͅe̡̼͓̩͇̩̿̎̓̓͊͂ t̢̡̥̪̠̬̰̗̭͂̓͆̾̽̀̈͆́͜ơ̮̫͈̥͈͖͂̅̒̎͌ w͔̬̪̜̫̩̲͑̈́̆̉͒͆͗̀̑̚a̶͚͎̲̞̼͈̺̎̂͊̓͘k͕̮̠̪̞͚̗͓̊̃̽̌̓͊̌̋̓͠ȩ̗̼͕̠͈͎̻̰̝̒̊̊̈͆̈́͞͠ ư̸̧̛̖̭̩͚̻̮͎͎͊̍̐͛̎͆̚p̠͙̎̈́̍̿̽̔̉͡."

An Irish voice whispered in your ear and knife came from behind, slitting your throat.

***Back to reality***

You woke up screaming and felt tears running down your face. Mark was sitting up next to you, his hands were on your shoulders. You jumped into his lap, burying your face in his chest. Dark had come in the room and turned the light on. You saw standing in the door way and you panicked again.

"Get away from me!" You cried, pushing Mark off of you and scooting to the back of the bed. Dark so badly wanted to help you, but he didn't know how. He did as you said and left the room. You sobbed into your knees and felt Mark's hand on your shoulder.

"I don't know what to do, Mark." You said in a broken voice. "It felt so real." He held you in his arms again, running his hands through your hair in attempts to calm you down. He laid the two of you back down and you managed to calm down. You fell back into a dreamless sleep.

It's been over a month now and the nightmares were getting worse. You were having them every night and Dark would torture you in different ways each time. Sometimes, Wilford was in them too, participating in the torture. Luckily for you, the pain was dulled. It didn't feel as intense as it had when Glitch tortured you.

You had been training with Mark every day and you felt like you were getting stronger. You were still avoiding Dark like the plague, but he was completely understanding. You felt your fear of him beginning to lessen as another month went by.

When the third month came, the nightmares had grown less intense and less frequent. You only had nightmares once a week now and it was a relief. Anti hadn't made an appearance since that first nightmare.

You were able to talk to Dark now for longer periods of time and able to sit by him. You weren't ready for touching yet, but he respected your boundaries.

By the fifth month, the nightmares had almost stopped and you could hug Dark now without bursting into tears. You started to kiss him a little bit and you felt a familiar warmth fill your heart when you did. You were getting better, with Mark's help of course and Dark's constant reassurance.

The seventh month was here now and you were almost completely back to normal. No more panic attacks and no more nightmares. You felt a little sting of fear occasionally, but it was manageable. Your love for him was being rekindled and you were starting to trust him again.

"(Y/N)?" Dark called your name as the two of you were standing in the kitchen, making dinner.

"Yes?" You quirked a brow up, knowing he was going to ask you to do something.

"Care to join me for a dance?" He asked you, flashing that beautiful smile of his. You felt butterflies flutter in your stomach, reminded by that night you went flying with Dark.

"Heck yeah." You smiled at him and took his hand. He brought his hand to your waist slowly, asking permission with his actions. You nodded and put your hand on his shoulder.

"We're caught in a trap
I can't walk out
Because I love you too much, baby"

"More Elvis, huh?" You smirked at Dark and the two of you started to sway to the beat of the music.

"Why can't you see
What you're doing to me
When you don't believe a word I say?" Elvis's beautiful voice filled the air, bringing an upbeat feeling in the kitchen. If you don't like Elvis, too bad. You like him in this fanfiction.

"Do you not like Elvis?" He asked, looking into your eyes with concern.

"I can dig Elvis." (I'm so sorry). You smiled at Dark, his eyes lit up at your reaction. It warmed your heart.

"We can't go on together
With suspicious minds (suspicious minds)
And we can't build our dreams
On suspicious minds"

You wondered if Dark chose this song as a message to you. Knowing him, he probably did. You didn't mind, you were living in the moment. Your body was close to Dark's and everything felt right.

"OH FUCK, THE PIZZA!" You yelled as you saw smoke coming from the oven. How it managed to catch fire so quickly was beyond you. Dark moved fast, whipping out the pizza and throwing it into the sink. He put out the fire and Mark came running in.

"What happened?" He said in a panicked voice. You couldn't help but laugh, as did Dark.

"Well, we aren't having pizza, I'll tell you that." You looked at the burnt food, the pizza being a shell of what it once was. "Let's order take out." And that you did. Everything felt right again as you gazed at the two men you loved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.4K 2.9K 37
You've finally made it to your senior year in highschool. Unfortunately for you, you've been forced to change schools before the start of it, but may...
54.5K 2.2K 16
Wilford is real, and Mark has been keeping him-and Dark-a secret for years... That is, until Wilford and Dark find a way to slip past Mark and make t...
150K 5.9K 37
highest ranking #1 in markiplier & darkiplier; - "Do you not recognize me, my love? I've missed you so badly," He whispered into her ear, his hands g...
365K 10.3K 39
One fateful night, you decide to go out with your friend for a little party, as is how all adventures start. Almost immediately, you are thrust into...