Tú Eres Mi Sol

By sodabear

You know how the moon only glows because it's reflecting off of the sun? Well, that's me... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX
LXX
LXXI
LXXII
LXXIII
LXXIV
LXXV
LXXVI
LXXVII
LXXVIII
LXXIX
LXXX
LXXXI
LXXXII
LXXXIII
LXXXIV
LXXXV
LXXXVI
LXXXVII
LXXXVIII
LXXXIX
XC
XCI
XCII
XCIII
XCIV
XCV
XCVI
XCVII
XCVIII
XCIX
C
Author's Notes
Not an update
New Story
Shameless Plugging

XVI

4.3K 462 167
By sodabear

Life is full of unlimited possibilities. Have a wonderful day, everyone! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hi Hijo, you look very tired!"

"Hay Mom. It was a very tiring day today. I had back to back meetings today from 6 in the morning until 5 in the evening." Richard said as he sat next to his mother and leaned on her. 

"My poor baby. Should I reprimand Ricardo for working you too hard?"

Richard laughed, "Dad is alright"

"Dad is what? What did I miss?", Ricardo asked

"Nothing, Dad."

"Richard, you look like you've been thrown under the bus seven times. Nothing's too urgent to forgo your health. That's always been my policy. Send a message to Tom to reschedule all your meetings, you've been working so hard these 2 weeks even sometimes on the weekend. Take a day off tomorrow."

"Hijo, that came from your Dad na. Go take a day off so that you can accompany your mother tomorrow!"

"Dad, thanks for the offer. Mom, you know I'd love to go with you but I have to be in the office tomorrow. Since Rob and Lia are still in Europe, when are they coming back anyway? I have to oversee things."

"They're working with future partners in Europe plus your grandparents wants them to extend, so they're probably extending."

"Hi Uncle! Hi Auntie! RJ!"

"Dei, Hija, come take a seat. Take that seat beside RJ! (Looking at Ricardo and RJ) I invited Dei for dinner tonight."

"Dei's welcome here anytime!" the Faulkerson Patriarch said.

They started eating. 

"Oh, Auntie I would have to cancel tomorrow. Nicollo has asked me if I can do an ocular with Henry Rutherford tomorrow, he's trying to extend their family's vineyard business here in the country and is looking for local partners."

"Hija, Is that Henry Rutherford from London? The blue-eyed viscount?" Rose asked

"Yes, Auntie. Isn't he a dreamboat? He's young, he's accomplished so much. And he looks like someone out of a GQ magazine!"

"I know Hija. If Lia was younger, I'd pair them up!"

Ricardo laughed at his wife's antics while Richard was mumbling to himself and mimicking Dei sarcastically, Isn't he a dreamboat, yeah yeah. I dress alright! I have to find what that GQ thing is. 

"Nicollo wants another person to be with me during the ocular. Auntie, come with me! We can look at the dreamboat the whole day!"

"Hija, as much as I want to, I have a meeting tomorrow for which I am the chair. Sayang no? Richard here sana could accompany you kaya lang he's so busy at work"

Richard was surprised when his name was mentioned, smiled like a bright idea hit him and looked at Dei, "I am free tomorrow. I volunteer!"

Ricardo and Rose looked confused. Ricardo asked, "Richard, kanina you were just saying na you don't want to take a leave because Lia and Rob are out?"

"Dad, Di ba sabi mo health is a priority. I think tama lang that I take a day off tomorrow. I'll message Tom to move all our meetings. Hello fresh air!"

Later that night, Rose tells Ricardo, "Nakita mo yun kanina, parang tinamaan na ata ang anak mo" 

Rose slept very well that night.

***

Richard and Dei were alighting from Richard's SUV when a brunette, blue-eyed handsome guy met them.

"If it isn't the gorgeous Dei Montenegro Mendoza, I am sorry to hear about your father, he was a good man." The guy reached for Dei's hand and kissed it.

"Henry, you haven't changed, still so cheeky!" 

"Dei, what's so cheeky about it? I have only told the truth. You've always been and are gorgeous!"

"Oh, Stop it Henry"

Richard coughed a little, letting them know his presence

"Ah, Richard."

"Henry."

Richard and Henry were looking at each other. Dei felt that they were sizing each other up.

"Henry, we need to go back to Manila by nightfall. Should we start?"

"Of course. Let's go", Henry offered her his arms to and Dei took it. 

A slightly annoyed Richard walked behind them.

"This is about a 3 hectare land, we are renting it at the moment from the owners until we find a Filipino partner. You know as a foreign company we can't acquire land. We think this land is perfect to grow the fruits. It's elevated and cooler than the rest of the country."

"This land looks vast and you're right, it seems cooler here. Have you ensured that the owner will sell you the land?"

"Yes, we have an agreement."

"Have you run a test if the fruits can actually grow here?"

"We have a small nursery over that side and we're also testing. We are growing some vines via their roots and other via rootstock. We have had some success, but I will be honest with you it hasn't been quite 100%"

Richard is quiet, listening to the conversation and observing the whole area.

"Have you had success in making wines?"

"Not yet, the yield in the last 2 harvests haven't been quite as expected but we are learning, we have tweaked our plans. We are hoping that in the next harvest, we will be able to start."

***

They being served refreshments at the moment.

"RJ, you've been very quiet", Dei asked RJ

"No, I'm just observing", Richard smiled at Dei

"Henry, would you know how big is this piece of land?"

"Richard, I was told about 3 to 4 hectares, but they also own the next block of land there, which is another 3 hectares."

"Who owns the land?"

"A certain Venancio Cruz"

"Why a sudden interest, Richard?"

"Nothing." Richard smiled

"Dei, how long will you be here? I was looking for you in London!"

"I don't really know when I'll go back."

"That's a shame. London isn't quite the same without you. I bumped into your grandparents in while shopping in Harrods."

"They love it there!"

"Looks like. They still look so in love."

"That's quite true. I wish that for myself, one day to grow old with someone and stay in love"

"I can grow old with you, you know." Henry said

Richard coughed a few times

"RJ, are you okay?", Dei asked

"I think I'm alright, it's just the wind here, maybe I'm not suited to this kind of weather."

"You have to be careful, it might trigger your asthma." Dei said while patting RJ's back.

"Uhmmm.. Dei, can I ask for your number? I don't have your number here in the Philippines"

"Sure. Let me type it on your phone." Dei typed her number and handed the phone back to Henry.

"I'll save your name as Sweetheart or maybe honey because you're so sweet"

"Sweetheart? Honey? Dei's name is just 3 letters!" Richard mumbled

"Are you saying something Richard?" Henry asked

"I said, you two talk and hand me your phone. I'll type the name instead," Richard replied

Henry unwillingly handed his phone to Richard, Richard pressed some buttons and gave back the phone to Henry.

Richard excused himself to make a phone call. 

When Richard came back, Dei and Henry were laughing. Dei was laughing so hard that there were tears in her eyes and she was also touching his arm.

He has been standing near them for sometime now, but the two seem oblivious to his presence. Richard coughed. The two stopped laughing and looked at Richard.

"Dei, we have to go. It's getting late."

Dei and Henry looked disappointed.

"You two go, Dei, it was great to see you and catching up with you has been wonderful as always. I'll message you I have your number." 

"I feel the same, Henry! Let's catch up soon!"

Henry and Dei kissed each other's cheeks, a typical European custom, which didn't sit quite well with Richard.

"Dei, we have to go," Richard said

Henry and Dei waved at each until and Dei got into the car

Inside the car, Dei was frowning and giving RJ nasty looks

"WHAT? What have I done this time?"

"You were RUDE! You were rushing us. We were still saying goodbye! What's a few more minutes?"

***

Henry opened his phone to send Dei an SMS and he couldn't find her name or Sweetheart in the phonebook. He saw a new entry though, DO NOT CALL HER and no phone number. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40K 1K 53
Ever been to the countryside, away from all the blinding city lights, and see thousands if not millions of stars twinkle in the night sky? Their beau...
MARAHUYO By abbey

Fanfiction

91.2K 4.5K 38
adj. to be enchanted. Does enchantment last as long as love does?
26.4K 557 29
"..pwede bang lumagpas?"
129K 3.1K 53
"Here, Under the Stars... What if our paths crossed again?" Four years after her heart got broken, successful music producer and CEO, Magui Feola, we...