No Strings (Camila/You)

By cuhbello

❝What happened to just messing around?❞ (G!p you) More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.

10.

30.3K 764 561
By cuhbello

I sat in my room tossing a small ball up into the air. Spring break had just started and I was already bored out of mind.

Shawn was gone on a field trip for a couple of days and our parents were at work, so the house was lonely.

My phone dinged loudly. I turned my head to the counter where my phone was. I stood up and look at my screen and saw I had a message.

Mila : heyyy want to hang out ? (:

I didn't know if I should reply. I hadn't hung out with her in a while. I quickly texted Dinah for advice.

me: Camila wants to hang out what do I do??

Dinah: U steal Mahone's girl 💁💁💁

Dinah: show her ur waaaay better than Asstin

I nodded as I read her reply. I switched back to my messages with Camila and texted her back.

me: come over

A few minutes passed and there was a knock on the door. I got up and opened it.

Camila came in with a smile. "Hi."

"Hey." I smiled nervously.

"I missed you." She pouted. "It feels like we haven't hung out in forever."

"Yea sorry. I've been hanging out with Ariana lately." I scratched the back of neck awkwardly.

She squinted her eyes at the mention of the cheerleader.

"Plus you've been with Austin lately." I rolled my eyes.

She cleared her throat.

"Just because Austin and I are talking doesn't mean we can't be friends, right? Plus he's back in Texas for spring break." She smiled.

She walked towards me and wrapped her arms around my neck. I nervously looked down at her.

"Fine. Food then the beach?" I suggested.

"Yea, sounds fun." She smiled.

I grabbed my keys and locked the house. We got into my car and settled in. I buckled my seat belt and began driving.

I started planning this whole thing out in my head as I drove.

Camila looked through my CD's and pulled out one of them with an eyebrow raised.

"One Direction?" She laughed lightly.

"What? Don't judge me their music is really good." I shrugged and laughed.

"I'm not judging you, I love them. I'm just shocked that you like them." She laughed and bit her lip.

"What's your favorite song on this album?" She asked as she held up the album Four.

"I'd probably have to choose between Stockholm Syndrome, Night Changes, or Fireproof." I answered as I kept my eyes on the road.

"Oh my god. I never took you as a One Direction fan. We should've been friends sooner, this is great." She giggled.

I laughed. "I told you I listen to anything."

She put the CD in and played it. I smiled when she started singing along. She was a really good singer, it still shocked me. I joined her making her smile immediately.

We sang the whole drive there. I parked in the parking lot of the diner. I turned off the car, cutting the music off. Camila and I looked at each other then laughed.

"You sing really good." She complimented.

"Shut up, you sing way better." I chuckled.

I got off and walked beside her. I held the door open for her and walked in after her. We went sat at one of the booths and waited for the waiter to come by.

I looked at her and smiled. The waiter came by not too long after. He smirked when his eyes landed on Camila. I squinted my eyes at him.

"What can I get you two?" He said as he took out his pen.

"Can I get a burger with fries?" Camila ordered.

He smiled stupidly and wrote it down. "And you?" He asked dryly.

"Just the chicken strip meal." I said.

"What about for drinks?" He asked.

"A sprite for me and-"

"A coke." Camila answered.

He scribbled it down and left. Camila looked at me with a smile.

"That was weird." She laughed.

A few minutes passed and the same waiter came back with our orders. He slowly placed Camila's plate down first then just slammed mine against the table. I glared at him as he left.

I looked at Camila who didn't seem to notice. She had her eyes focused on her food.

"Just warning you, I won't look like a lady eating all this." She smirked as she took a big bite into her burger.

I laughed and began eating my fries. We ate our food in comfortable silence. I glanced at the brown eyed girl in front of me and appreciated her beauty.

When I thought back on everything I realized that I might've liked her this whole time and just didn't know it. My mind wandered back to when I first met Camila.

I stood on one side of our new front yard while Shawn stood on the opposite side. We had just moved into the new house, so we decided to play catch.

"Go far!" I yelled to Shawn as I properly gripped my fingers around the football.

Shawn ran as far as he could. I threw the ball at a full force making it fly over to the yard next to ours. I watched as it hardly hit a short girl on the head and made her fall.

"Ouch!" Her high pitched voice yelled.

Shawn and I quickly ran to the yard next door. I tried my best to hold my laugh in.

"Oh crap! Are you ok?" Shawn questioned as he helped the girl up.

She put her hand against her head. My mouth opened slightly when I saw her face, she was really pretty.

"Shit my bad. I didn't mean to throw it that far." I laughed nervously making Shawn smack me.

"She means we're sorry." Shawn interjected. "We just moved into the house next door. I'm Shawn." He smiled.

"And I'm Y/N." I smirked.

The girl looked between the both of us. Her eyes lingered on me for a while.

"Well are you just going to stand there?" I questioned. Shawn smacked my arm again.

"Don't be rude."

"I-I'm Karla, but I prefer being called by middle name, Camila." She finally said in a shy tone.

"Camilla?" Shawn asked.

"She literally just said CamEEla, not Camilla." I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry." Shawn said sheepishly.

The girl giggled and twirled her hair around making me smile.

"Want to be friends Camila?" Shawn asked happily.

"Sure." Camila smiled brightly.

"Yay! You don't have to be friends with Y/N, she could be a real jerk." He said glaring at me.

I mocked him and glared at him making Camila laugh.

"See what I mean." He crossed his arms.

I rolled my eyes and walked away from the two.

"Where did your mind go just now?" Camila asked curiously, cutting me out of my daze.

"Huh?" I questioned.

"You were staring at me and you seemed zoned out." She said with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh it's nothing. I was just remembering how we met." I said sheepishly.

Her lips curled into a smile.

"You cracked me on the head with a football and didn't even apologize. Yea, you were a mean 12 year old." She laughed.

"Well I'm sorry now." I smiled.

I called the waiter back for a glass of water. The boy returned with the water and a little black folder with the check.

He stayed back and blatantly flirted with Camila. She seemed uncomfortable.

"Sorry I'm not interested." She finally said awkwardly.

The boy looked down disappointedly making me snicker. Once he finally left I pulled out my money.

I left the amount we owed in the folder and a 3 dollar tip. I smirked and threw the 3 dollars into the glass of water of the boy had just given me.

"What are you doing?" Camila asked curiously.

I grabbed one of the menus and placed it on top of the glass of water. I quickly flipped the glass upside down without spilling the water and set it down on the table. I pulled the menu out from under the glass fast so the water wouldn't spill out.

Camila looked at me confused.

"That's the tip for the waiter. The only way for him to get the money is to pick up the cup and spill the water." I explained.

"That's messed up." She shook her head.

"Don't be a bummer babe, it'll be funny." I smiled.

"Come on let's go before he gets back." I said as I stood up. Camila grabbed her things and I rushed us out the door.

I grabbed her hand and lead her towards the window where our table was. The waiter approached the table with a smile. He grabbed the black folder with the money and looked at the glass with money. His eyebrows raised.

We watched as he tried getting the money out without spilling the water. He failed miserably, the water spilled onto the ground making Camila and I laugh.

He looked around and looked at us through the window. He made eye contact with me and glared. I flipped him off with a smile and started walking towards the car.

"That was so mean." Camila said as she buckled her seatbelt.

"That's what he gets for being an annoying waiter." I shrugged. "Now to the beach, right?"

She nodded with a smile. I quickly drove to the beach, I wanted to be able to watch the sunset. I got there just in time. I offered Camila a piece of gum, which she gladly took, as we sat on the sand.

The area we were at was pretty much empty. The crowd of people were on the other side of the beach. We watched as the sky turned a pretty orange color. We sat in silence until I spoke up.

"You like Austin a lot?" I asked.

She turned to look at me.

"That's random, why?" She asked curiously.

"Just asking." I shrugged. "I'm trying to figure out how a nice girl like you could like a guy like him."

"He isn't that bad." She shrugged.

I looked at her and nodded. I was going to try to make a move on her now.

"Today was fun." She said as she turned to face me.

"Yea." I grinned.

The sun slowly set down, I admired Camila as she admired the sunset.

"It's beautiful." She smiled.

"Like you." I added smoothly.

She glanced at me and squinted her eyes at me playfully.

"Stop lying. I'm not even wearing any makeup." She looked down sheepishly and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Well I think you look gorgeous either way." I smiled. Her cheeks flushed.

"Oh my god, stop flirting." She laughed and used her hand to cover her smile.

Her eyes traveled back to the sea. I glanced down at her hand that rested between us. I slowly slid my hand on top of hers. She looked down then looked up to meet my eyes.

We held intense eye contact. It felt like her eyes were burning through my soul. We stared at each other until we both slowly, but surely started leaning in.

My heart was beating pretty fast, I prayed that she couldn't hear it. Just as our lips were about to touch, my phone started ringing. Camila quickly pulled away and cleared her throat.

"You should answer that." She sent me a playful smile.

I cursed in my head. Who the fuck was calling me? I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

Dinah.

Of course, it had to be her. I slid my finger across the screen and answered it.

"Hello?" I questioned annoyed.

"Hello? Y/N?"

"Bitch what the fuck do you want?" I hissed.

"Chill what the fuck. I just wanted to know how it's going."

"I'll tell you later." I sighed.

I hung up and looked back at Camila. She looked at me shyly.

"Who was it?" She laughed.

"Dinah." I rolled my eyes.

"Should we go?" Camila asked.

I looked at her, "Do you want to go?"

She shook her head. I smiled at her and stood up. I stuck my hand out for her to grab.

She hesitantly grabbed my hand. I pulled her up and lead her towards the water. I smirked as I picked her up making her scream lightly.

"No Y/N! I don't want to get wet!" She whined as I playfully leaned her body towards the water.

"No please!" She yelled as she broke out into a fit of laughter. She held on tightly to my neck.

I laughed and lowered her back down onto the dry sand. She stood in front of me and crossed her arms.

She suddenly caught me off guard and pushed me making me fall into the water. I gasped when the lower half of my body sunk into the cold water.

I looked at Camila who had her hand over her mouth. "Whoops." She laughed.

"Fuck it's so cold! You better run." I threatened her playfully.

She laughed and began running away. I quickly got up and chased after her. I had to say she was pretty fast, but I caught up to her. I hugged her from behind making her laugh.

"Please don't throw me in." She begged.

"I'm not going to. The water is freezing." I shivered.

"I'm sorry." She laughed and turned around to face me.

"It's fine." I laughed as I sat down. Camila smiled at me and sat down next to me.

"Thank you, I liked this." She spoke up.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"This. I feel like I could be myself around you." She laughed. "You're a really good...friend." She smiled softly.

I cringed at the word friend, but shrugged it off.

"Well I'm glad you can be yourself around me." I smiled back.

This had to be some type of progress between us, so I left it at that for today.

I looked at the sky it was already dark out. My body shivered when the cold wind hit against me.

"It's kind of cold, let's go?" I asked.

"Yea." She giggled.

We walked back to my car. I pulled off my pants making Camila's eyes widen.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"What? My pants are soaked and they have sand stuck to them I'm not about to mess up my seat." I explained as I went to the trunk and pulled out two towels.

I wrapped one around my waist and handed the other to Camila to put over her seat. The ride back was filled with comfortable silence.

I parked my car in my driveway and shut the car off. I glanced at Camila and smiled.

"I should go home and shower. I'm kind of wet from when you hugged me." She giggled making me smirk.

"Not like that." She added and slapped my shoulder softly.

We both got out my car.

"Thanks again." She pulled me into a hug before walking next door to her house.

I smiled and began walking towards my front porch.

"Boo!" Dinah popped out from behind the bushes, scaring the living shit out of me. I dropped my towel leaving me in my boxers.

"Jesus! Don't play like that!" I laughed.

"How'd it go?" Dinah wiggled her eyebrows as she looked at my boxers.

I playfully grabbed her by the collar of her shirt.

"I was about to kiss her when you called and interrupted." I rolled my eyes.

Her mouth turned into an O shape.

"My bad." She pouted. "What else happened?"

"Well she told me she felt like she could be herself around me." I said with a smile.

Dinah looked at me excitedly. "But she said I was a good friend." I added.

"Who gives a fuck if she used the word friend. She has to like you even if it's only a little. There's no way she doesn't, I mean she wouldn't be fucking and kissing you for no reason right?" Dinah ranted.

She had a point. Another fresh breeze hit my body.

"You're right." I nodded.

"With the help of me, you'll have her swooning over you in no time." She assured me.

"Let's talk inside, I'm cold as fuck." I shivered making Dinah laugh.

I went up to my room and took a hot shower while Dinah waited. I changed into some sweats and sat next to Dinah.

"I want full details." Dinah said excitedly.

I laughed and began telling her about my day with the Cuban.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.9K 1.9K 38
Title says it all. Enjoy!
146K 3.6K 27
Read and find out 🙃
255K 5.9K 35
"...and then, everything was a restart,"
97.5K 2.5K 17
What do you do when you fall for a girl, but she belongs to someone else? Laurmani • Caminah Thriller and Romance