Love-Hate [COMPLETE]

By darxkrai

Unpopular Zelda was a girl in the shadows. Popular Link was always leading the crowd. They were nothing alike... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Five (Final)
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-Four

1.1K 49 26
By darxkrai

No.

This can't be happening!

"Link!" I called out, cupping my hands over my mouth. I hurriedly looked around, Hyrule Castle looming over before me. My hands began to shake, and my ears began to ring. "Midna! Agitha! Where are you?"

I felt helpless and alone. My friends weren't with me, and who knew? Maybe Ganon would come back and take me away again... I had no idea of knowing.

I shook my head. No. This isn't a time to be weak. Think, Zelda! You can get yourself out of this predicament!

I arose off of my hands and knees, taking a deep breath as I turned toward the castle. Did Ganon send me here? Are Link, Agitha, and Midna still underground? What should I do?!

"Shut up, Zelda," I mumbled to myself, clenching my teeth and closing my eyes. My hands were now fists, and I was slowly growing angry at myself. I shook my head. Regardless of my own feelings, I needed to find a way to get back to my friends.

My body was suddenly enveloped in light. I grunted, pulling at my clothes. "No, not now!" I spoke aloud, but it was too late. I was now wearing Princess Zelda's dress from ancient Hyrule.

I shook my head continuously, pulling at the purple and white dress. I closed my eyes, wishing to get back into my old clothes.

"Please turn back, I can't be seen in these...!" My heart thumped harder in my chest with each passing moment. I continued to rip and pull at the dress, but to no avail; it wouldn't even tear in the slightest.

Finally giving up, I fell down onto my back, looking up at Hyrule Castle. It's structure was tall and gorgeously built. The royal family's emblem was scattered on different parts of the castle, as well as the Triforce symbol. My stomach twisted and churned, and I felt nauseous.

I chuckled softly. "This is crazy..." I spoke to myself. I then squinted my eyes and laughed. "I'm crazy."

I smiled, looking back up at the castle. I closed my eyes, spreading my arms out at my sides.

How long ago was it? I thought to myself. How long ago had Link and I finally figured out we were reincarnations of previous heroes...?

It had only been two months.

I rolled my eyes, a smile still resting on my lips. My mind began to wander as I continued to stare at the royal family's emblem. The wings around the Triforce made my stomach feel bubbly, and the Triforce itself seemed to have given me hope.

As I continued to stare, it eventually looked like the stone emblem was glowing a golden color.

I sat up, squinting my eyes. Had the emblem always glowed golden like that before?

"Who are you?"

I spun around, my hair following my movements. My heart skipped a beat.

"You're..." I began, suddenly at a loss for words.

Princess Zelda stood, her feet planted on the ground. She looked exactly like me, yet, completely different at the same time. I stared at her, completely dumbfounded.

My past self was standing right in front of me.

"Are you... me?" the princess asked quietly, barely above a whisper. Her hands began to shake. She stepped backwards, shaking her head ever so slowly. "Or... are you Ganon, trying to trick me?"

My stomach churned. "No, your majesty, I'm-"

Zelda gasped. "Impa spoke of this once before." She ran up a small flight of stairs to reach where I stood, yet she halted to a stop a few feet away from me. "I cannot-" she began, holding a hand close to her chest. "You must leave at once."

I saw that tears began to line Zelda's eyes. "Please don't cry!" I blurted. "I-I mean..." I began to stutter, still at a loss for words.

"This shouldn't be happening," Zelda's voice wavered as she spoke. Her hands continued to shake, and her cheeks turned a dark shade of pink. "The times might change in the future, since we are speaking to each other right now..."

"I don't care," I said, and a single tear fell from Zelda's eye. "I need your help, and what better person to get help from than my past self?"

A smile appeared on Zelda's lips. "Let me know what I can do for you."

Without hesitation, I ran to the princess, wrapping my arms around her. I honestly did not care whether the times in the future changed or not.

Zelda slowly accepted the hug I had suddenly offered, enveloping me with her cold arms. She continued to shake, still shocked by our current meeting.

Zelda finally pulled away. "I just-" she began, when she took a deep breath, calming herself and straightening her posture. "I just wanted to ask, is... is Link with you...?"

I nodded once. "Yes, he is."

Zelda smiled warmly. "I'm so very glad that he is."

Without saying another word, the princess ushered me into the castle. She walked properly, her hands folded in front of her and her steps brisk and quiet. She led me into a room within a tall tower in the east wing, which looked all too familiar. Paintings of the previous rulers of Hyrule were mounted on the walls. A small, golden frame was empty at the end of the hallway.

Zelda spoke my thoughts. "That's where I'll go in two years..." she whispered, lowering her head in despair.

We both knew that she would never make it on that wall, no matter how hard we tried to change time or rewrite fate.

Zelda opened a door at the very end of the hallway, leading me inside. We walked into a room that I figured was hers. I remembered walking into this very room in a vision I had a few weeks ago. The room was exactly the way I saw it last.

But there was something out of place, or rather, something new in the room.

Zelda picked up a small bottle. She gingerly placed it into my hands. A small, green crystal was inside. Next to it were two other crystals, one blue and one red. She smiled, watching as I examined the crystals inside.

"They are magic spells that are supposed to be possessed by the hero..." she explained. She pointed to the red crystal. "That crystal there possesses the power of the goddess Din. It can be used to create a fire wall all around you. You must use it wisely, however." She then pointed to the blue crystal. "This crystal possesses the power of the goddess Nayru. If you chose to wield her crystal, it will give you the ability to block any enemy's attack, no matter how strong it is." Zelda took a deep breath, pointing to the green crystal. "This... is the crystal represented by the goddess Farore. If you use her crystal, which you can only use it once... it will warp you to anywhere in Hyrule." She paused, looking up at me. "Anywhere you desire."

I gasped. "Link, and my friends...!"

Zelda nodded. "Go to them."

I shook my head. "But- but Ganon... in the future, he'll-"

Zelda smiled, holding a finger to my lips. "It's okay. This is the past for you, and you need to defeat him in your time." Tears began flowing from her eyes. Her fair white skin turned pink in an instant. "Avenge Link and I. Save the future. Do it for Hyrule!"

I nodded, backing away. I continued to stare at her as I backed out of the room. "I will," I said, smiling wide. "I will! I will, I swear it!"

Zelda lowered her head as I ran out, and she buried her head in her hands.

I heard her continued sobs as I ran down the hallway.

I ran as quickly as I could. I made my way out of the castle, screaming past guards, hoping they wouldn't think I was the actual princess. I pulled my hair out of its three separate ponytails, ripping my dress as well. I clutched the bottle of crystals in my hands carefully, holding them tightly so they wouldn't shatter.

As I exited Hyrule Castle Town, I finally found myself in Hyrule Field. I popped open the cork of the glass bottle, gently taking out the green crystal.

I closed the bottle, diminishing it out of my hands and storing it away for later. I held the green crystal in the palms of my hands, closing my eyes. I exhaled sharply, suddenly opening my eyes. "Goddess Farore, I beg of your assistance!" I felt a quick gust of wind.

At that very moment, I felt stronger and more hopeful than ever.

"Take me to my friends!"

___________________

ok so i beat three of the four divine beasts (i straight up played BotW for three days straight????? literally until four am each day omg my parents were actually concerned for me lmao)

but lemme just say

Urbosa is gorgeous omg

ok that's all i wanted to say

because she's amazing and now one of my favorite characters

ps she's such a mom to Zelda and it's the cutest thing ever???????? omg and Urbosa is such a badass i love her

kk thank you for reading (we are almost at 4K reads!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhh!!)

thank you all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

467K 15.3K 44
"You will aid the hero during his journey in defeating Calamity Ganon." That was the order that was given to you by goddess Hylia. Although the godde...
320K 8.2K 49
Contains spoilers - gender neutral MC One hundred years ago, you took part in a prophecy of old. Having being gifted the ability to hear the voice of...
796K 29.7K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
648K 32.5K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...