Origins. || teen wolf [3]

By hxlystydia

"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots." It... More

prologue
one: a getaway
two: la iglesia
three: an encounter
four: "camping"
five: dinner for four
six: school priorities
seven: unsuccessful plans
eight: a gift
ten: search for cipher keys
eleven: 2-4-3-6
twelve: it's obvious
thirteen: danger
fourteen: sick as a wolf
fifteen: the truth
sixteen: perishable
seventeen: destroying the deadpool
eighteen: post break up
nineteen: inevitable
twenty: finding hope
twenty one: recovery
twenty two: back to normal
twenty three: mexico...again
twenty four: one last time
epilogue
authors note.
update

nine: the key

3.2K 123 46
By hxlystydia

+++

"Werewolf?" Liam pointed at Scott.

Scott replied with a nod.

Liam pointed at Malia, "Werecoyote?"

She nodded in response, and Liam moved on to Lydia, "Banshee...and you," he stated looking at me with hesitation. "What the hell is an Imperium Ocolorum?"

"Hopefully you won't ever have to find out," I responded with a smirk.

"And you're a fox?" He asked Kira.

"Kitsune..." Kira corrected, "But fox works."

Liam nodded toward Stiles and inquired, "What are you?"

"Uh..." Stiles ran his hand through his hair, "For a little while, I was possessed by an evil spirit. It was very evil."

Liam furrowed his eyebrows and continued to nod his head, "What are you now?"

"...Better?"

I wasn't able to tell if Liam fully believed us or not. He looked unconvinced to say the least, but his expression seemed to be one of confusion. The bite obviously wasn't going to kill him, so now I was just wondering if the full moon was having an effect on him yet.

Liam's eyes shifted to the duffle bag of chains that were sitting on the coffee table. He looked up to Scott, "Those for me?"

"No they're for me," Malia answered, her eyes glowing a deep shade of blue.

Liam's eyes grew wide as he body filled with fear watching Malia's eyes change.

"How'd you do that?" He asked.

"You'll learn, but first, you need to get through the full moon." Scott told him.

"The moon's already out," Liam pointed out.

Scott nodded, "And you're starting to feel something, aren't you?"

"I feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of psychotic nut jobs! You guys are out of your freaking minds!"

It was obvious that his anger was growing as he voice grew more frustrated and loud.

"I don't know how you did that eye thing and I don't care! I'm walking out the door right now! If any of you try to stop me I swear, I'm gonna-" he stopped his words and began grasping onto the sides of his head. He let out a loud scream, and it sounded like he was in pain.

"Liam, what's wrong?" I asked watching as the boy dropped to the ground. "Well, Scott, I think he's starting to shift."

Liam yelled out, "You don't hear that?"

Scott and I both exchanged a glance trying to listen to whatever Liam was hearing. But we didn't even need to hear anything when we saw headlights coming down the road. I walked toward the window and noticed cars parking outside of the house. I turned back around and asked Liam, "Uh...did you tell someone about this, Liam?"

"My friend Mason," he panted, "You said it was a party."

Stiles quickly appeared next to me and looked at the window himself. We both looked at each other with worry before turning back to the large amount of teenagers that were beginning to get out of the cars.

"And who did Mason invite?" He asked looking back at Liam.

"Everyone." He answered.

There was a silent that wrapped around us while the danger of the situation sunk into each of us. Liam released another groan from his mouth before a familiar scraping of nails that were going against the wooden floor.

"The floors! Get him off the floors!" Lydia exclaimed.

She began walking toward Liam, but I immediately put my hand out in front of her, stopping her. Liam let out a growl at her and she jumped back, while I stand in front of her in a protective matter.

Liam was now not only showing his claws, but his fangs and glowing eyes were displayed.

"We need to get him to the boathouse. Now!" Scott ordered urgently.

"Stiles..." I heard Malia say from the other side of the room. Her breathing was quick before she let out a low growl.

"Yeah?" Stiles replied and then turned to face her. His eyes widened with urgency and he assisted her onto her feet while she pulled back the sift as much as she could. "Hey...okay basement. Now...now!"

"Lainy, I'm gonna need your help!" Scott called out for me and I quickly followed.

"Wait, what am I supposed to do with the hordes gathering outside the door?"

I rolled my eyes and turned around, "Lydia, who throws the best parties in Beacon Hills?"

"What?" She scoffed, "Me, obviously."

I nodded slowly, "Okay then throw a party!"

I then ran out of the lake house, catching up with Scott to aid him with the new beta to the boat house. The distance between the boat house and lake house was some good ways away. So if anything were to happen, we had a bit of ground to cover before Liam would be anywhere near an innocent bystander.

Liam seemed to be capable to keep himself under control for a few moments, but by the time we had frantically shoved him into the boat house, he was panicking. He had been thrashing at our arms, his fangs out and ready to attack. His eyes were blazing a golden color as they narrowed at Scott and I.

One of the support beams had the chains they were hoping to use to restrain Liam, and Scott continued to shove him against it. I had enough with watching Scott struggle and made my way over myself. Once Scott got Liam close enough to the beam, I gripped Liam and wound the chain's around Liam's waist and shoved the padlock through.

"I got him!" Scott shouted, his hands curling around Liam's wrists. "Grab his hands!"

I quickly moved behind the beam, gripping onto Liam's wrist ready to chain him as well, but Liam was able to overpower both Scott and I, as well as the chains. He tore them off, flying out of my grip and shoving Scott back. Scott smacked onto his back, and Liam stood overtop of him.

His hand was firmly wrapped around Scott's throat, holding the alpha down while he drew back his other arm.

I frantically looked around, and saw an oar for one of the Martin's boats. I ducked down and grabbed it before running beside Liam. While his gaze was trained on Scott, I drew the wooden oar back before allowing it to smack against the side of Liam's skull.

The crack that was heard made both Scott and I cringe, as we watched Liam swaying back and forth before finally collapsing to the ground unconscious.

I let out a heavy breath before dropping to the ground beside Scott. Scott looked at me with wide eyes, and by his look I realized that knocking the kid probably wasn't the best option.

"He'll be alright." I reassured him, "It'll build character."

Scott cracked a small smile as we both were breathing heavy, our hearts racing from the adrenaline.

"Come on, let's get him chained up."

I nodded and then we both carried the unconscious boy back toward the beam and placing his back against the beam, and Scott and I reapplied the chains. I tugged on the chains, making them as tight as possible, not wanting to have another repeat of what happened moments ago.

In a distance, I could hear the party finally roaring to life. The bass drop from electronic song, the beat thumping, all rang in my ears.

I walked over to the ledge of the boat house, and sat down. Scott, once he finished with Liam, made his way over and sat beside me. I smiled at him and then looked over at Liam.

"He's so young." I murmured softly.

Scott nodded, "He is. He's only fifteen."

"Wow," I breathed.

"We gotta help him."

"What if he doesn't want our help?" I asked, recalling how much Liam has been against our help.

"He will." Scott said determinedly.

I didn't reply. I was still doubtful.

For a long while we were silent. Things felt different in Beacon Hills for me, I was curious if Scott felt the same way. I felt like something was shifting. But in a town like this, nothing ever stays the same.

From beside me, Scott shifted slightly and I looked at him with curiosity.

"What is it?" I asked.

Scott smiled faintly, "I can hear the music from the house."

I focused on the electronic music, hearing it as clear as day.

I chuckled at a thought I had before voicing it to Scott, "Why can't they play slow songs at parties?"

Scott laughed at my comment and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm serious! Just something slow to give a break from all the upbeat and electronic music. I don't know, just something different I guess."

"Why slow songs?" He asked leaning in closer to me.

I shrugged trying to make sense of my thought process while my mind was running everywhere.

"Electronic songs, they just- they make me feel like I have to be doing something. And they're exciting, but I like simple things...like slow songs."

Scott smiled brightly at my words and didn't say anything to respond. But instead, he stood immediately and reached his hand down to me. I craned my neck up to his towering figure, my eyes flickering from his hand to his eyes.

"Come on," he said gesturing to his hand.

I giggled at him, and then laced my fingers with his and allowed him to pull me up. While I was still mildly confused, I pressed my lips together tightly to keep myself from grinning like a fool.

He tugged me toward the dock of the boat house, the water from the lake rippling from underneath us.

I raised my eyebrows at him as Scott glanced down toward his phone. I immediately lit up when I heard a slow song beginning to play from his phone. I smiled brightly at him and shook my head in disbelief. Scott, who looked pretty pleased with himself, set the phone down beside us.

He then extended his hand out to me, as a way to ask me to dance with him.

My smile dropped when I remembered that the new beta was only a few feet away from us.

"What about Liam?" I asked.

"He can dance with me next time." Scott smirked.

I let out a laugh before taking a step toward him and placing my hands on his. Scott smiled and took another step closer, closing off the space between them. My lips pressed against his lightly, slowly moving along with his.

As our lips move together, all the things that Scott has done for me played throughout my mind. How he always puts himself in front of me, they way he knew all of my nervous ticks, they way Scott saw the goodness in me when no one else did. And it was this moment when I realized how much I loved him.

And with that, I broke the kiss slowly. Our lips lingered against each other slightly before we slowly pulled away, our lips were buzzing with tingles of ecstasy. My eyes were fluttered shut from the kiss before they opened slowly. I was then met with Scott's confused expression, and a crooked smile on his face.

He whispered, "What was that for?"

Butterflies fluttered in my stomach and my nerves were wracking around me.

I breathed, "Because I love you."

Scott smiled brightly at my words, "I love you too."

With that, I slung my arms over his shoulders and allowed him to snake his arms around my waist, pulling my body closer to him. Our foreheads brushed as we swayed slowly under the dim light of the full moon.

The moment was perfect.

That is until we heard a low growl sound from the other side of the boat house.

Scott and I jumped apart, our eyes wide when we saw Liam stirring back to consciousness. His eyes blazed gold again, as he was tearing at the chains that held him back.

"Are those going to hold him?" I asked quickly, knowing how easy it was for him to break it the last time.

"I- yeah...I think," Scott stammered, "Definitely. He can't be that strong."

Scott spoke too soon, because when I looked back over at Liam who had tore the chains off of himself and once again was barreling into our direction.

The two of us jumped to the side and Liam busted through the window behind them.

"Lydia is going to be pissed." I commented and Scott gave me an unamused expression before follow quickly behind him.

+++

After Liam had escaped and Scott had disappeared in search for his beta, I had no choice but to retreat back into the lake house. I snaked my way through the crowd of teenager, in hopes of finding a familiar face.

Within a few minutes, I collided with a petite body and looked up to see Kira.

"Hey! Have you seen Lydia?" I asked shouting over the crowd.

"I have no idea where she is," Kira shrugged, "How's Liam doing?"

My face dropped and I awkwardly phrased, "He may or may not have gotten loose."

Kira cringed and could only think of all the negative things that could happen with Liam on the loose.

I gave her a nervous smile before grabbing her wrist in hopes to find Lydia.

"Come on," I instructed.

I knew that Lydia was not in the midst of these people, so I tugged Kira through the crowd of people toward the staircase. We ascended the staircase, the two of us making their way down the hallway and peaking our heads into various rooms. I found it odd that Lydia had just disappeared, only causing me to think that something had gone wrong.

Finally walking into another room, Kira and I paused in the doorway when we saw Lydia's tear stained face as she stared at a record player intently. Kira and I exchanged a confused glance before hesitantly walking in and shutting the door behind us.

As soon as we did, all the music and sounds from the party seemed to cease entirely, and we were unable to hear anything around us.

"Lydia," Kira began slowly and took a few more steps toward the girl. Lydia didn't respond and her eyes were still trained on the record that was spinning around in the player. "Lydia are you okay?"

The noise that was coming from the record player was static, which only caused mine and Kira's confusion to increase.

I soon began to realize that this had something to do with her banshee powers.

"Lyds, what do you hear?" I asked.

"The key," she breathed.

I looked over at Kira with furrowed brows, hoping that Kira knew what she meant.

Kira opened her mouth and tried to phrase it in a way that I would understand.

"The notes that Lydia had given Malia for math had nothing to do whatsoever with math and were actually code. And, now, whatever is repeating itself on the record player happens to be the key."

"The key to break the code."

As soon as Lydia said this, Kira ran out of the room to retrieve Lydia's laptop. I just stood there, still looking at the girl. I still had so many questions: What was the key? What was the code for? What were they trying to unlock? And what would happen when they do?

Kira came back with it for Lydia to work with. Kira and I stood behind Lydia as she pulled up the code again.

Various combinations of numbers, symbols, and letters appeared on the screen, flooding down it as Lydia stared blankly at it. Once it had finished loading, a box meant for a key word appeared at the bottom with a soft ping.

Lydia's fingers fell upon the keyboard. She began typing a single word, no, she was typing a name.

ALLISON.

My stomach dropped at the name on the screen.

The second she hit enter, the code seemed to disappear before a series of names began to appear on the screen. Names that we all knew too well.

SEAN WALCOTT; 250

DAVID WALCOTT; 250

MICHAEL WALCOTT; 250

CHRISTINA WALCOTT; 250

LYDIA MARTIN; 20

SCOTT MCCALL; 25

DEMARCO MONTANA; 250

DEREK HALE; 15

CARRIE HUDSON; 500

KAYLEEN BETTCHER; 250

KIRA YUKIMURA; 6

ELIAS TOWN; 250

Horrified that her name was on the list with the number six next to it, Kira breathed out, "What is this?"

"It's a list of the supernatural in Beacon Hills." Lydia spoke. "It's a deadpool...and we're all on it."

They weren't just on it, they were prizes, I thought.

"Wait..." I said noticing that I didn't see my name, "Then why am I not on it?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 7.5K 24
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same devil; just different hells." -Anon. (Season 3b) (book 4) (Imelda Drake s...
4.4K 104 10
𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐒 - ᴋɪɴɢ ᴄᴀꜱᴘɪᴀɴ ¨The floating lanterns¨ she answered. ¨Why?¨ he asked. ¨Becaeuse there like golden stars in the ni...
57.6K 1.5K 17
BEING REWRITTEN. CAN FIND NEW VERSION ON MY ACCOUNT. ---- ❝what's a pirate like you doing at a ball like this❞ ❝looking for a princess who belongs o...
252K 4K 14
District 4 has only three alive victors right? No, District 4 has another famous Victor. The Victor's name is Saphira Emerald or as the Capitol know...