closer // harry styles

By shirtlesstyles

When Ariana Mortin's dad dies from bad habits, where will she go? She finds out she has a long lost Uncle, na... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
closer 2?
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
closer 2

Chapter 2

512 8 1
By shirtlesstyles

Chapter 2

Ariana's POV

I stepped off of the plane in the warm spring air of England. Okay now I wasn't even exactly sure where to go. I walked through the airport, got my bags and walked outside. I pulled out my phone to call Alyssa when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Ariana Mortin?" A very tall man asked wearing a black suit with a little black bow tie.

"Um... yes?" I said.

"Andrew. Pleasure to meet you." He said, shaking my hand. "I'm your limo driver, I'll be taking you to your flat." He said.

"Limo driver? Flat?" I asked.

"Flat is a little like British for house. Yes, limo. I know you and Mr. Paul haven't seen each other in a while, so I'll catch you up a bit." He said, opening the side door for me after he put my bags in the back.

"Paul Higgins is very wealthy, and very busy. He works as a body guard for a very famous boy band, One Direction." He said, looking at me and I shook my head. "Don't know them? You'll meet them soon enough. There's five of them, Zayn, Louis, Liam, Niall, and Harry." He said, reciting their names. "They're all quite nice. We'll not..." He started but didn't finish. "Nevermind. Anyway, your Uncle works with them all the time, so you'll be seeing a lot of them." He said as I just nodded. "I'm sorry about your loss," he said and I sighed.

"How far away is the uh... flat?" I asked.

"About an hour and a half. You look quite tired, love. Get some sleep." He said.

"I'm sorry?" I asked.

"Oh, my apologies. In England everyone kinda calls each other love." He said and I nodded.

After what seemed like forever with only a few minutes of sleep here and there, we pulled up to an enormous mansion with many cars parked outside. Andrew helped me out of the limo, and he got my bags.

"Oh, it's fine I can get those." I said.

"Please, I insist." He said.

"No it's really nothing." I said, taking my bags.

"But Ms. Ariana, that's kind of... my job." He said.

"Uncle Paul doesn't have to know." I said, knocking on the front door. It swung open 5 seconds later with a big man standing in front of it.

"Ariana?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Oh you look so beautiful! And so much bigger," He said.

"Well I haven't seen you since I was 7. But, thanks Uncle Paul." I said.

"Come inside. Thank you Andrew." Paul said, tipping Andrew and shutting the door behind me as I stepped inside the beautiful house.

"Boys, come on up!" Uncle Paul yelled down a large staircase. I heard shuffling footsteps and mumbling and laughing and adorable British accents coming upstairs.

"Boys, this is Ariana, my niece. Ariana, these are the boys." Paul said.

"Right, Andrew told me a bit about you guys." I said, putting my stuff down.

"Ariana!" One of the boys yelled, running up, and spinning me around with a huge smile on his face.

"I'm Louis." He said, putting me down.

"Nice to meet you." I laughed.

"I'm quite friendly. And I also-" Louis started but another boy cut him off.

"Hey, don't hog the girl mate!" The blonde one said, shoving Louis to the side.

"Niall." He said, hugging me.

"Ariana." I said.

"Do you like food?" He asked.

"Uhh... yeah?" I said, answering the strange question.

"I think we'll get along just fine." He smiled, and walked over to where Louis was standing.

"That's the first question you ask her?" I heard Louis ask.

"I gotta know!" Niall said, putting his hands up.

"I'm Zayn." The next one said, walking up and shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet you." I said.

"And you! You seem very sweet." Zayn said.

"You do to," I laughed.

"I'm Liam. Liam Payne." The next one said.

"Ariana. Ariana Mortin." I said.

"I'm sorry about your dad." He said, pulling me into a hug.

"I'll be fine." I said, rolling my eyes but hugging him back.

"Guys, c'mon we have to finish recording. Let's go; now." The last one said, blowing me off completely and walking downstairs. The other four shrugged and some mouthed things like 'sorry'. Uncle Paul walked up to me.

"And that's Harry." He said.

"I couldn't tell." I said.

"Was that sarcasm?" He asked.

"No I actually couldn't tell." I said.

"He's really nice to most people. Mainly his family, and the other boys and I. Honestly, you just need to get to know him." Uncle Paul explained.

"Okay." I sighed. "Sorry, I'm just really tired. I found out a few hours ago I was parent less. I'm gonna go get some rest." I said.

"Of course. Your room is the last up those stairs and on the right at the end." He said.

"My room?" I asked.

"Oh, right. Ariana, there's one more thing I have to tell you." Uncle Paul said. I looked at him with wide eyes, waiting for him to go on.

"My flat is about seven minutes away. You're living here with the boys." He said.

"What, why? You're my legal guardian I have to live with you." I said.

"Ariana, I only live a few minutes away. I'm sorry. But they're really nice. When you wake up, call me." He said, getting a piece of paper and a pen and writing down his number. "We can catch up." He said, awkwardly hugging me and walking back downstairs. Great... just great.

I walked into a large and beautiful room, the perfect size for me. I put my bags down, not having the energy to unpack yet. I took out my laptop and searched around for something in particular when my phone rang.

"Hey." I said, answering it.

"Hey Ari, how are you?" Alyssa's voice asked.

"Terrible." I said.

"Awww." She said.

"Actually, better then I thought. Long story short, Uncle Paul is rich because he's a body guard for a band called One Direction, with five boys in it. Four of the boys are the sweetest things, but the last is just plain rude and hasn't said a word to me. Uncle Paul had been really nice and supportive, and I got picked up in a limo." I said.

"Wow." She said, taking it all in.

"Yeah, I know. My room is beautiful, I'll send a picture. I'm looking for a job now to do something other then stay in the gorgeous house all day." I said.

"Life sounds good for you!" She said.

"Well it would be if I still had parents." I said.

"Well-" Alyssa said but I cut her off.

"Alyssa!" I yelled.

"What?" She asked.

"I just found the perfect job!" I yelled.

"What?" She asked again.

"An internship!" I said.

"Ariana, I think I need more information." She laughed.

"An internship! At Bordeaux Designs!" I screamed.

"AHH!" She screamed.

"AHH!" I squealed.

"Alyssa we've wanted to work there for the longest time ever!" I said.

"I know! Maybe the move was a good thing!" She said.

"Maybe." I said.

"When does it start?" She asked.

"Not sure. Oh wait it says... I can schedule the earliest meeting for Thursday. Wow today's Sunday, that's soon!" I said.

"Email or call them!" She yelled and my phone buzzed.

"Hey I'll call you later, I'm getting another call." I said.

"From who?" She asked.

"Uhh..." I said, looking at the screen. "Alex." I sighed.

"Ugh he's not worth it, I'm telling you." She said.

"I know, you've only told me 100 times." I said.

"Sorry, bye babe I miss you!" She said.

"Bye love you Alyssa." I said and answered the phone to Alex.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi." I said.

"How's England?" He asked.

"Pretty good. I think I'm gonna go get interviewed for an internship. And I just moved in with five boys." I said, not thinking about what I was saying.

"What? You moved in with five boys? Jesus you haven't even been in England for a day and you're already fucking five different boys?" He asked.

"Alex! Uncle Paul works for them don't worry, I just met them and nothing's going on." I said.

"I still don't trust them. You're too pretty. When can I come visit?" I asked.

"Alex I just got here. Let me get settled in." I said.

"Maybe. I might surprise you." He said.

"Uh please don't." I said.

"We'll see." He said.

"Alex please?" I asked.

"I gotta go." He said. I could basically feel him smiling on the other side of the phone.

"Alex..." I said.

"Talk to you later babe, bye!" He said and hung up. Bye...

After he hung up, there was a quiet knock on my door.

"Come in." I said, not really caring who it was.

"Hey." Louis and Niall said, closing the door behind them.

"Oh hi." I said.

"We heard a lot of screaming. You okay?" They asked.

"Oh, yeah I was talking to my friend. I just saw an internship opening at a fashion design place where I've wanted to work for a long time." I said.

"Where?" Niall asked.

"Bordeaux Designs?" I asked.

"Oh I've heard of it." Louis said. "From Eleanor." He finished.

"Who?" I asked.

"Oh, my girlfriend." He clarified.

"Oh." I said.

"I think they would like each other." Niall said.

"I agree, you would get along nicely." Louis said.

"Who would?" Liam asked, walking in with Zayn.

"Eleanor and Ariana." Louis said.

"Oh I agree." Zayn said.

"I have a question." I said.

"Shoot." Niall said.

"Tell me about Harry." I said.

"That's not a question." Liam said.

"Can you please tell me about Harry?" I asked.

"What do you want to know?" Louis asked.

"Why is he so rude?" I asked.

"You just have to get to know him." Zayn said.

"That's what Uncle Paul said." I said.

"It's true." Niall said.

"It's just that I met all of you guys, and he didn't even have the courage to tell me his name." I said.

"True. Or last name." Niall said.

"That doesn't matter." Liam said.

"What are your last names?" I asked.

"You know mine, Payne." Liam said.

"I'm Niall Horan." Niall said.

"Louis Tomlinson." Louis said.

"And Zayn Malik." Zayn finished.

"Ariana Mortin. So... Harry didn't even have the courage to tell me his last name." I said, correcting myself for Niall who smiled.

"Boys, lunch!" I heard Uncle Paul call.

"You hungry?" Louis asked.

"I'll be down in a minute." I said and they all nodded and flooded out of my room.

"Hey don't go in without knocking." I heard Zayn say from outside my room.

"I'm Harry. I don't need to knock." I heard another voice say and the door handle jiggle. My door flung open, Harry standing there.

"Um..." I started but he interrupted.

"Styles." He said.

"I'm sorry?" I asked.

"My last name. I'm Harry Styles." He said and left.

(thanks so much everyone for reading! I'm kind of new to wattpad so please help me out. make sure to vote and comment, thanks so much!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 78 32
Chloe chambers isn't like the rest of the girls in the town of Mullingar. There is something different and unique that only a few families know about...
1.4K 4 18
Annie Love is your average teenager. Annie and her friends move to London after highschool to puruse their dreams. Origianally from Oklahoma, the cha...
208K 5.8K 32
This is not the same story that starts with a girl who's been abused or been in an orphanage for her entire life. No,this is the story of how a girl...
16.3K 199 27
When Liam makes the bold decision of taking time off touring in America to visit the 14 year old, who Megan claims to be his daughter, on her 15th bi...