Beach Life || currently being...

By ChasingBrightStars

Kai and Kalani are both best friends, and surfers. They have lived their whole lives in Oahu, Hawaii. You can... More

Authors Note <3
Chapter 1-The Backstory
Chapter 2- Meeting the Neighbors
Chapter 3- Surfing the Perfect Wave
Chapter 4- Family Troubles
Chapter 5- The Festival
Chapter 6- Asking a Favor From the Idiots
Chapter 7- The Start of Something
Chapter 8- Her Again
Chapter 9- The Flies
Chapter 10- A Storm is Brewing
Chapter 11- During the Eye of the Storm
Chapter 12- Lying to Someone You Love
Chapter 13- The Bet
Chapter 13 BONUS - AARON'S POV
Chapter 14- Depression
Chapter 15- Heartbreak
Chapter 16- Surfing Alone
Chapter 17- Reunited... almost (Kai)
Chapter 18- While You Were Sleeping (Kai) *
Chapter 19- Spilled Secrets (Kai)
Chapter 20 - Waking Up *
Chapter 21- Confusion *
Chapter 22- Shopping
Chapter 23- What Did I Just Say!?
Chapter 24- Decisions
Chapter 25- Finding the oh-so Perfect Outfit
Chapter 26- It's Time
B e a c h • L i fe • E p i l o g u e
Author's Note!!!! Sequel???

Chapter 27- I Don't Understand

746 12 6
By ChasingBrightStars

I Don't Understand

Kai🌺

I walked over to Kalani and we started dancing together. This had actually been a lot of fun! I was enjoying myself. I did see Alana at one point but she was taking to some guy I had never seen before.

Kalani explained to me that she had made amends with Michael which was great but I still didn't like him very much. Anyone that ever hurt my best friend will always be someone I don't like very much.

"Hey Lani! I'm going to go to the bathroom okay!? Be back in a bit." She nodded her head at me and continued to dance by herself.

I took the short walk to the port-a-potties. I always hated using these one, because they are smelly. And two, someone could easily tip it over while I was using it. I quickly entered, do my business then leave. There was a hand washing station that I stopped at to wash my hands. While I was there Alana joined me.

"So are you enjoying yourself?" She questioned.

"Yeah. I am actually." Why is she being nice to me!? This is scary!

"That's great, see you around!" She waved and left. That was it.

Okay. What is this girl up too?

"Yeah. See ya." I said a little uneasy.

I walked back to the party and sat down at the bar stools to go look for Aaron or Lani. I spotted them both dancing on the dance floor together and it was so cute! I took my phone out and snapped a picture of them having fun together. I walked over and joined them.

"Are you trying to steal him from me?" I asked Lani in a serious tone and point my thumb at Aaron.

"Of course not Kai! He was just keeping me company," she held her hands up in defense. Her face was bright red.

"Chill Lani, I'm just joking! Dance with him all you want. He isn't that good anyways." I shrugged and looked over at Aaron to see if he noticed that I totally just burned him.

"I can too dance, thank you! Just wait till a slow song and you'll see." He raised his eyebrows up and down at me.

I laughed at him and we all continued to dance. Is it a bad thing that I really wanted to slow dance with him to see if he really does have moves? It made me feel all giddy inside to think about dancing with him. What has this boy done to me!? He's turned me into a girly girl!

All of a sudden the song Marry Me by Jason Derulo started playing.

"Kai may I have this dance?" Aaron bowed a little and held his hand out for me to take.

"What about Lani though?" I asked quickly.

"I was going to go get a drink anyways. You two have fun!" She smirked at me and walked away.

I took Aaron's hand. I felt really bad for ditching Lani to dance with Aaron. I couldn't wait until she found someone that would make her happy.

I was only in my short la-la land for a split second before Aaron started dancing with me. Really dancing with me.

"You really can dance!" I said with a surprised expression on my face.

"I told you I can! My grandma made me get lessons when I was in my pre-teens." He cringed lightly.

"Wow! I love your grandma already." I joked with a smile.

"Yeah she is pretty great." He nodded, staring at me.

As we danced I didn't really notice that everyone got off the dance floor and Aaron and I were pretty much taking the show.

The song was starting to come to an end and Aaron started singing for the the last part of it.

"I'll say will you marry me
I swear that I will mean it
I'll say will you marry me

Ooh whoa ooh oh
Ooh whoa ooh oh
Ooh whoa ooh oh

Would you marry me baby?

105 is the number that comes to my head
When I think of all the years I wanna be with you
Wake up every morning with you in my bed
That's precisely what I plan to do."

"I'm going to go talk with Michael. I will be back." Aaron let go of my hand and made his way over to Michael.

He then winked at me as he reached the bar. I made my way to where Lani was.

"Oh. My. God. Lani!" I whisper shouted.

She jumped up and we both screamed (quietly) and hugged each other like little girls. We got a couple stares from random people but whatever.

"Did you see what he did!" I yelled at her.

"He totally just danced with you hardcore and then sang to you," she gave me a smirk.

"I thought it could have been a dream!" I giggled.

"He's surprisingly a really good dancer Kai! And potentially a good singer too."

"I know! I didn't even know that he could do either!"

We both sat down and replayed the moment in our heads. I smiled a huge smile.

"What do you think this means Lani?" I looked at her a little confused.

"I have no idea Kai. What do you want it to mean?"

"Well that has to mean he likes me... but does that mean he loves me? I mean it's way too soon for us to be saying that to each other."

"I think so too. Let's just say that right now it just means that he really likes you."

"Okay. I can live with that for now."

I take a sip of my drink and headed back out onto the dance floor with Lani for a bit.

"Are you about ready to leave Lani?" I asked her while we were jumping up and down.

"Yeah. Are you?" She panted, clearly tired from the excited energy.

"Mhmm." I nodded my head. "Lets go find Aaron and go."

I grabbed her hand so I wouldn't lose her in the mass of people. We found Aaron talking to a few of his friends.

"We're ready to go Aaron." I told him in a tired voice.

"Alright. Let's go." He smiled. We turned to leave and I could hear whispers coming from Aaron's friends and I just shake me head.

On the way to the car Aaron took my hand on one side and Lani put her arm through mine and her head on my shoulder. I felt so at home when I was with the both of them.

Aaron opened the car door for Kai and I both and we get in. A little bit later we arrived at my house because Lani was just going to sleep over.

We all got out of the car and Lani spoke up.

"Night Aaron! Thanks for everything!" She turned and walked into my house.

"Yeah. Thanks for everything Aaron. It was super nice of you to do this for me. It was also great that you we're so good to Kalani too. I really appreciate that."

"Hey, I know that with you comes a package deal and I'm okay with that. You both are so great... but there's one girl I like in a little bit of a different way."

"Oh is there now?" I leaned into him a bit, teasing him.

"Yeah. She's pretty amazing." He nodded.

He leaned in closer and looked at my lips. I leaned in too but then I pulled away at the last second.

I smiled at him, "you have to earn these lips Aaron Johnson. I won't give my virgin lips away to anyone." I turned and without turning around, I walked into my house.

I'm sure Aaron was dumbfounded.

I entered my room and saw that Kai was sitting on my bed still wearing her dress and shoes.

"How are you still in that?" I chuckled. "I can't wait to take this off!" I gestured to my sweaty and sandy outfit.

She shook her head. "I didn't know when I should tell you... but now seems like the right time."

My heart skipped a beat. "Okay." I stopped trying to take my shoes off and sat on the bed next to her. "What's up?"

She frowned. "Well I talked with my mom and... College." She simply said.

"What about it?" I urged her to continue. I figured I knew what she was about to say but I prayed she wouldn't. She couldn't.

"I've decided that I am going to college on the mainland. And I'm going to Arizona. And on holidays I'll stay with my dad." She never looked at me once.

I glanced around my bedroom. All of the pictures that were hung were of Lani and I.

My eyes welled up without warning and I quickly wiped them away. I stood up and angrily crossed my arms over my chest. I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

She wouldn't look at me.

"So that's it?" I shouted. "Things got a little hard. There was a little drama. And you're running away? You're leaving me and your going to stay with your jerk father? What is that?" I yelled. I couldn't stop myself.

She stood up, her face hardened and turned red. "Please do not make this about you like you do with everything else!" She pointed at me. "I'm not doing this to hurt you. I would never hurt you." Her face softened and her voice cracked.

I felt my arms fall. And so did my body. I just fell to the floor. The tears came flooding in again. And they wouldn't stop. "I just don't understand." I whimpered.

She knelt down beside me and hugged me tightly.

"I'm going to miss you. So much," I whispered into her shoulder.

I felt her nod. "I know. Me too."

I lied to Lani. I understood why she made this decision but I didn't like it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 47.2K 36
**A Wattpad Featured Story** Madison Carlisle isn't just popular, she's the one girls want to be and the guys want to be with. But what's a girl to d...
11K 144 31
Meet Holly, your average nerd who is a complete beach babe and loves surfing, but barley anyone knows that. Meet Caleb, your average bad boy, who lov...
6.1K 266 43
"Remember one thing, Riley Browns. He will never choose you." -•••- Riley Browns is a 20-year-old biochemistry student, she studies religiously and a...
318K 8.9K 20
A cute little romance on a beach in Australia ☼ 18-year-old Indy has finally returned to her mother's pretty little beachfront cottage, where she use...