All For The Game || Corey Sea...

Por xox_toni

Childhood friendship at first, but could it be more? Corey and Andrea have been friends for as long as they c... Mais

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven

twenty-one

1.1K 21 1
Por xox_toni

"We're going to Wrigley right now, they want you to get familiar with the team and staff." David says as we get into the car.

"Already? I thought I didn't start until Monday," I say as the driver merges onto the freeway. He nods looking through his phone.

"Didn't you get the email this morning? They want you to start tonight" he explains.

"Oh, I don't have my laptop, I forgot it at Corey's.. that reminds me I need to call him." I say dialing his number. It rang for a while but there was no answer, I figured he'd be taking his post game nap.

"The stadium is just around the corner, I'll walk you into the clubhouse, after that you're in Joe's hands. I will betaking your things to your suite, do you need anything from your bags?" he asks. I grab a change of clothes, some shoes, and my phone charger. "Alex will meet with you once he's done with his tapping session."

"Alex?" I say confused.

"Alex Tyler," He says laughing as I make an 'oh' shape with my mouth. We park in the players lot and hop out of the car. "Joe's office is right this way." We walk down the hallway until David turns into a room. "Here's your new trainer, handle with care," he says jokingly. I shake Joe's hand as David leaves.

"Its nice to finally meet you, shall we?" he says holding the door open. I nod and walk through door and follow him as he passes me. As we walk through the hallway he tells me what each room is as we pass them. Soon we get to a door and walks into it, "Are all of you boys decent? I need you guys to meet someone before BP" I wait outside and eventually he drags me inside. "Boys, this is Andrea Torres, she's gunna be our intern trainer, I'll let you know who's hers later" he says to them. They all go outside, some wave at me making me laugh and Joe takes me to a few more places.

"They seem very sweet" I tell Joe as we walk toward another room.

"They are, they're all very kind so you shouldn't have many problems. But I must warn you they're goofballs," he says chuckling. "This is the- Rizzo, Bryant what are you doing in here, batting practice started 10 minutes ago!" He yells as we step into, what I'm assuming was the batting cages. They put their bats down and walk toward us.

"Sorry Joe, we were just getting reps in," an extremely tall, blue eyes man says.

"While I have you two here, this is Andrea. She's gunna be the trainer for the next month. I have her working with you two, Addi and Baez. Andrea this is Kris Bryant, our rookie 3rd baseman." The tall man stuck his hand out to shake mine.

"Ah yes, I heard very good things about you. Very nice to meet you," I say shaking his hand.

"Pleasure is all mine, this is Anthony, he's our first baseman." He says letting go of my hand.

"I've heard great things about both of you, trust me I follow baseball. I can't wait to work with you two." I say smiling.

"You make us sound like celebrities, we're just a couple of guys who play ball," he says laughing. "Stick with us kid, you'll be fine" Anthony wraps his arm around my shoulders and we look at Joe for his approval.

"I'll show you your office before game time, go meet the rest of the guys," he says as they lead an to the field.

"Wow." was all I could say as we stepped into the field.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Anthony says as he grabs his bat from inside the dugout.

"I watch the games on tv but it's nothing like this," I say laughing.

"Yup, well we have a while before our turn to take bp.. so tell us about yourself," Kris says smiling.

"Well what do you wanna know?" I ask leaning against the rail of the dugout.

"Anything and everything there is to know about Andrea," Rizzo says smiling.

"Who's the new girl?" I hear someone say as they walk toward us.

"Javy, Addison this is Andrea. Andrea these are the other two guys you are working with." Rizzo says as I smile and say hi and they do the same.

"Come join, she's gonna tell us all about herself." Kris says laughing.

"Okay umm, my name is Andrea, you can call me Dre or Andy. I came from LA because I go to UCLA but I'm originally from North Carolina. I play softball at UCLA, i'm starting shortstop. My birthday is in a few weeks, I turn 21 on April 29 to be exact. I think that's it I'm not very interesting," I say laughing.

"I think you leave something out," Rizzo says raising an eyebrow at me.

"yeah, like a boyfriend? Or you don't have one?" Kris says and the boy's eyes light up.

"Sorry to break it to you but as boring as I may be I do you have a boyfriend," I say with a smirk.

"Oooo, do tell more," Javy says acting all girly.

"Like what ?" I say chucking at how they were acting.

"Name, age, what he does, where he lives, how you met, how long you've been together.." Kris says and the boys laugh.

"Sooo everything? Well, his name is Corey, he turns 21 the day before I do, right now he's living in Oklahoma City playing ball, we met when we were like 4 at the park after our softball/baseball games, we'll be going on 4 years in August."

"Playing ball?" Rizzo says with a smirk.

"Yeah, he plays for the OKC Dodgers, he got drafted in 2012 when i moved to LA" I say with a smirk. "Speaking of the devil.."

"Is he face timing you?" Kris says laughing.

"Yeah, I'll be back" I say, they nod and head to the cage to take batting practice.

A: Hey babe

C: Hello beautiful, what're you up to?

A: I'm watching bp and talking with the players, just trying to find my way around.

C: How are you liking it?

A: It's amazing, I wish you could see it

C: Soon enough we'll be there together, just on a different team

A: Very true, oh! Hey, I left my laptop can you check my emails?

C: Oh yeah, I'll go get the laptop.. uh huh, so there's a bunch of emails for school and then one from the Cubs

A: What does it say?

C: "Dear Ms.Torres, your decision to come early is deeply appreciated. The Cubs are ready to welcome you with open arms and allow a new member to the team. Be prepared for work tomorrow"... And that was sent yesterday so you work today.

A:Yup, I was told this in the car on the way to the field. I'm very unprepared.

C: Hey why did they say you came early?

A: Um, I don't really know babe.

C: Andrea don't lie to me

A: I asked to leave today instead of Monday.

C: Wow, sounds just like you to run away from your problems.. you really couldn't wait to leave me, huh?

A: No, Corey it's not like that, I just got mad and when we started fighting I just wanted to leave.. that's not like us

C: You know what most couples do. They try to work things out, but do whatever makes you happy right? I swear you're so damn selfish sometimes.. I'll just talk to you later.

A: I'm sor-

And that was the end of that conversation. I felt the tears stinging my eyes, threatening to fall at any moment.

"Hey Dre, can you- woah are you okay?" Kris says as he sits next me.

"Oh um I'm f-fine.. what did you need?" I ask quickly wiping my tears.

"You sure?" He says gripping my shoulder. I nod and get up quickly before I broke down again. 

"We don't speak of this, I'm fine okay.. just a little argument. Now what do you need?" I say as I walk off. His foot steps speed up as he tries to keeping pace with mine.

As we turn the corner he steps in front of me, his deep blue eyes stare into mine just a few shades darker than the ones I fell in love with, belonging to no other than Corey Drew. I begin to cry as he pulls me into his chest, "You're going to be alright."

" I'm not the best at first impressions, am I?" I say as I rub my eyes.

"Don't worry about it kid, I'm here when you need me" he says with a wink as he begins to walk away. I barely met him about 10 minutes ago and I can already see he was gunna be my bestfriend.

"Hey before you go can you show me to my office?" I ask kind of lost. Kris showed me to the room, it was really plain but I was only here temporarily. On my desk I seen a puffy blue windbreaker with a note on it.

'For the newest addition to our family, even if it's only temporary' ~ Coach Maddon

I decided I should probably get ready since the game was in a few hours.

Once I finish changing I hear a knock at the door. "Come in," I say as I finish putting my hair up.

"So," Rizzo says as him, Kris, Addi, and Javy walk in. "We're taking you out after the game, no if, ands, or buts."

"Um okay?" I look around at them and they all have the same pitiful look on their face. "You told them I was crying, didn't you!?" I yell as I point at Kris.

"Hey, hey, hey, we just want to help," he says with his hands up in defense.

"When someone has something on their mind, we all go out," Javy says with a smirk, "In your case we got relationship troubles. We all go out for drinks or food but we make it interesting"

"How so?" I say with a raised eyebrow.

"So there's a method to our madness," Addi says laughing, "Other than the one who's having the troubles, in this case you.. the four of us have a deal. Whichever one of us strikes out the most tonight pays. And if none of us end up with strike outs, whoever gets the least amount of hits has to buy. Oh and if you get a homer you're safe."

"You're all crazy, you know?" I say laughing at them.

"We know" the four of them say in unison.

"Well this game should be interesting," I say with a smirk. They all cheer as I agree to go out tonight and hang out with the four of them.

We head back to the clubhouse and get ready for the game. The five of us walk into the dugout ready for the game to start as Kris puts his arm around my shoulder and says, "Welcome to Chicago" with the cheesiest smile and a loud laugh. I knew I would get used to it here, but one thing was always in the back of my mind..

How was I gunna fix me and Corey?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello my loves,
   I'm so sorry I have been lagging on this update, I have chapters written out but they're not as good as I want them to be. I don't want to put out work that isn't my best because that what you deserve to read.. but I do have major writer's block so if you have any ideas send them in or comment, it will be very appreciated.
Until next time 💙 xx

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

16K 868 55
Kelly and Braden have been best friends for as long as they can both remember. They're always there for each other, no matter what. But what happens...
120K 1.7K 80
"A strong woman will automatically stop trying if she feels unwanted. She won't fix it or beg, she'll just walk away" Completed October...
15.6K 395 200
Everything took place dodgers stadium game when a group of high school varsity baseball team got invited to see the game stay after for Meet & Greets...
22.2K 231 30
If life can remove someone you never dreamed of losing, it can replace them with someone you never dreamt of having.