Someone Like You (A Chandler...

By livinforchanchan

When Ari is forced to move in with her Grandmother in Atlanta, she didn't think she'd also be forced to go to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
SEQUEL TO SOMEONE LIKE YOU HAS BEEN PUBLISHED

Chapter 5

7.8K 282 87
By livinforchanchan

I stepped onto the plane and was greeted by the flight attendant.

"Hello, please may I see your ticket?" she asks calmly. Chandler, Chase, and I hand her all our tickets.

"Thank you, right this way."

I smile and walk behind the woman as she leads us to our seats. Thankfully, I'm right next to Chandler and Chase. We take our seats and I fluff Chases hair, and lean back against my seat. I turn to look at Chandler.

"You know, you never told me why you got sent to private school." I say. He continues looking at the seat in front of him but I can tell he's nervous when his jaw clenches. I just nod and turn the other way. I'm sitting in between Chandler and Chase so I can kind of see out the window. We haven't take off yet. I sigh and then hear Chandler sigh, then a hand touches mine. I turn around and see Chandler looking at me.

"Listen..it's just..kind of not the best thing for me to do right now..tell someone." he says now looking at the seat in front of him again.

"Oh...ok.."

"We will be taking off now." someone says over the speaker. Honestly, I'm really nervous. I haven't seen my grandma in years, I've never been to private school..if that is where i'm going. It's like i'm just starting everything over. I feel like everything is happening so fast. And if I don't go to the private school..I might not ever see Chandler again. That can't happen. The kiss last night..was, perfect. Amazing. It's like we were meant to be. I hear a tapping noise and turn around to see Chandler texting someone.

"Who ya textin'?" I ask.

"Um..no one." he says. Okay. I'm getting really sick of him not telling me anything. He won't tell me why he's getting sent to private school, he won't tell me who he's texting. What's he hiding? I need to just relax. Ugh. I lean my head against the chair and pull out my phone. No notifications, no texts. I close my eyes.

-------------------------------------

"Hey..Ari..wake up."

I groggily open my eyes to see Chase shaking me. He smiles.

"We're here."

I smile back.

"Thanks bud. Um..where's Chandler?" I ask, seeing that Chandler isn't next to me and I can't find him in the horde of people getting off the plane.

"He said he had to go to the bathroom."

"Oh okay. Well..let's go." Chase and I grab our luggage and I also grab Chandlers and walk over to the bathroom. Chandler swings the door open and he looks like he's been crying.

"Chandler?" I ask.

"Thanks." he smiles, obviously trying to shake off the tears, and grabs his luggage.

I don't even want to get into a fight with him so I just follow him off the plane, holding my luggage in one hand and Chase's hand in the other. When we get off the plane, it's really warm. Surprisingly warmer than where I lived before. I scan the parking lot and see a sign in the air. It read 'ARIANA AND CHASE'. I laugh and point it out to Chase.

"Grandma!" he shouts and begins to run across the parking lot. I laugh and Chandler looks at me.

"I'm gonna miss that laugh." he actually looks sad.

"You've only known me for like a day." I smile.

"But it was the best day of my life." he says.

"Well...then, I guess this is good bye." I say.

"Nah..." he says and then takes out his phone and begins texting.

"Okay. Who are you texting, Chandler?" I ask. I mean..this was a cute moment and everything was going well and he just whips out his phone and starts- my phone is buzzing. What the..

It's a text. From...Chandler. I smile instantly, and look back up into his blue eyes.

It says 'I'll always be with you.'

"Chandler.." I say and wrap my arms around him.

"You can text me whenever. Kay?"

"Kay."

I can already tell it's about to happen again, and I can feel the butterflies in my stomach. He puts a hand on my neck and pulls my face to his and places his lips softly against mine. I flinch and pull away. I almost forgot about my busted lip.

"Shit..I'm sorry Ari." he says.

"It's..fine..I'll be okay." I say, before leaning in for another kiss again. So. Fricking. Amazing. I swear..this boy will be the death of me. His tongue enters my mouth and we're having a full on make out, in the middle of a parking lot. I can tell everyone is watching but I don't care. Chandler's hand on my waist pulls my waist closer to his abdomen. He must've put on cologne this morning because he smells amazing. Finally, I pull away, not knowing if he ever will.

"I..I have to go." I say, looking at the ground.

"But..okay.." he says, looking really sad.

"I'm sorry. I'll text you. We can meet up. I mean..we're in the same town. Can't be that hard." I say trying to make him smile, but he doesn't.

"Yeah..okay sounds good." he says and finally smiles.

"Bye..Chandler."

"Bye Ariana." he says and winks, and then we part and go our separate ways.

My chest actually hurts. I don't know if I'll ever see this boy again, and it makes me want to cry. I walk over to my grandma's car and I'm greeted by a strong hug.

"Oh Ariana! You've grown so much!" she smiles. She looks like she's also been crying. Her smile soon fades when she obviously realizes my face. I almost forgot, again.

"Ariana, what happened to your face?" she looks shocked.

"Nothing, Nana." I lie.

"You better tell me or it's not gonna be fun from here on out."

I sigh and then think of something.

"Um..that's why mom sent us away. I got into a fight with someone..back..home, and yeah it was...bad." I lie again. My grandma just shakes her head.

"Alright, well let's get in the car. Go get some food, huh?"

"Yeah! Can we go to McDonalds?" Chase shouts. My grandma shakes her head and laughs.

"Just get in." she smiles, as I hop in to the passenger seat, and Chase hops in the back.

------------------------------------

We ended up going to McDonalds. I didn't like it very much..just more weight to gain. So I ordered a simple cheeseburger and a pop. After Chase is finished eating he runs into the play place, leaving me alone with my grandma.

"So..you feeling okay, hun?" she asks.

"Um..yeah." Actually, I feel like crap.

"So..who was that boy you were lockin lips with back there?" she asks and I can feel my face blush bright red.

"Nana...he was..just a..friend." I say laughing, but the word friend sticks to my tongue.

"I don't think friends do that." she winks. We continue laughing for a little bit and talk a little about my old school and basically just..catch up.

"Listen, I know this might not be your favorite place to be at the moment, but I have something big planned for you." she begins to smile, causing me to also smile.

"You're going to...private school!" she says excitedly. My smile is gone now.

"What. Nana..I won't be able to make any friends there!" I whine.

"Honey, this is a very expensive school, there's good people there, and you'll do very well there. You start monday."

"Monday? That's tomorrow!" I sigh and put my head in my hands. But, then I remember something. Chandler! He's going to private school in Atlanta too.

"Um, Nana? How many private schools are there here?"

"I'd estimate about 2 or 3. Why?"

"Just wondering." I say trying not to smile. My grandma looks suspiciously at me and then nods.

"Well, I'm going to get your brother and then we're leaving. You have tonight, to just relax, pack some more stuff, it'll be fine. I'll show you the website for the school when we get home." she smiles.

"Okay, I'll go wait in the car." I say walking out of McDonalds as my grandma walks into the play area to find Chase.

I jump into the car and instantly pull out my phone and start a new text message.

To: Chandler

Hey, turns out im going to private school too! So I was just wondering...which one are you going to?

I take a deep breathe and press, send.

I wait about 1 minute when my phone buzzes. I excitedly grab my phone to look at the text but it's not from Chandler. It's from my cellphone carrier.

From: 555-7468

The number you have just messaged has been disconnected or blocked. Please try again later or call this number for help. Thank you.

What? WHAT? Disconnected or...blocked? Did-Did Chandler block me? I feel my heart drop to my stomach. I have no way of contacting him anymore.

I-

I might never speak to Chandler again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 135 1
Ava und Nathaniel. Beide sehen die Welt aus komplett anderen Perspektiven. Das Einzige, das sie verbindet, ist der Tod einer geliebten Person. Ava ve...
8.8M 296K 126
Shana ist ein temperamentvolles, 16-jähriges Mädchen, das gerade dabei ist, die Oberstufe zu besuchen und ihr Abitur zu absolvieren. Schon an ihrem e...
163K 7.6K 41
Ein unersättlicher, eiskalter Alpha und ein verdammt frecher Omega... Das kann nur schiefgehen... Oder? Bxb, don't like it, don't read it. {Erwachse...
646K 32.5K 101
Y/N war eine der besten europäischen Volleyballerinnen. Nach einem tragischen Ereignis beschließt sie den Sport, der bisher ihr Leben bestimmt hat, a...