Chapter 20

I feel my jaw drop as my grandma gives me a shocked look.

"Ariana, why in the world wouldn't you tell me you have a boyfriend?"

I clench my jaw as I speak, "Because I don't."

"Well, then who is this young man, and why does he claim to be your boyfriend?"

"I have no idea." I glare at Chandler, who stands with wide eyes in the doorway. I see him clench the flowers tighter.

"Ariana, you know I didn't mean what I said." Chandler says.

"Sure as hell sounded like you did."

"Ariana, we do not use language like that." my grandma says sternly, but I just roll my eyes.

Chandler walks closer towards my bed, "Come on, Ari. I'm sorry. You. . .you have to forgive me."

"No, Chandler. I don't. You need to leave."

Chandler walks closer and my grandma steps back. Chandler reaches my bedside finally, but Sam stands up.

"Chandler, leave. You heard her." Sam says sternly.

"You stay out of this pretty boy. She's not your girlfriend." Chandler says pointing at Sam. Sam squints his eyes, I can tell he's mad. Melina reaches her hand up to his, but he yanks it away.

"She's not yours either. You're a phsyco, Chandler. And you know it."

"Guys, just stop. Chandler just l-"

"No, she loves me, Sam. She's told me."

"Chandler, that was before. We're done now." I say grabbing his arm, "You need to leave."

"You heard her." Sam says.

"Ariana, what is going on here?" my grandma butts in.

"Nothing, Nana. Maybe, you should leave too."

"No. After hearing all of this, we're leaving as soon as you get out of here. You don't get another day. I don't trust any of these people." my grandma says eyeing everyone in the room.

"You. . .you can't do that. Me and Ariana. . .I made a mistake. But I promise, I'll keep Ariana safe, if you just give her another chance, please." Chandler says.

"Ch-"

"No, listen Ariana. I'm sorry. Excuse my language, but I am so fucking sorry, Ariana. I didn't mean anything I said. I love you. So much. And without you, I don't know what I'd do. I was so wrong for saying any of that. I'm sorry I made you do this. You have to believe me. You-you know how I get mad and I-I just, I can't help it. . ." Chandler presses his hands to his face, then runs his hands through his hair, "But. . with you. When I'm with you, I feel like. I don't know. You make me feel, just amazing. I know that I have problems, but we can get through this together. I won't be able to survive without you. That's how much. . .I love you, Ariana." Chandler's voice cracks as he says my name. I can tell everyone is in awe at what just came out of Chandler's mouth, because everyone is silent.

He sets my flowers down on the table beside my bed. And turns away as if he's about to leave, but then turns back to me.

"I'm sorry, Ariana. I hope you can forgive me, and if you can't. . . I understand. I'm just. . ." Chandler squeezes his eyes shut as he runs his hand through his hair, then walks to the door.

"Chandler. . ." I say quietly. He opens the door and turns around, I can see tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Ari." he says and walks out the door, letting it slam behind him.

I let my head fall back against my pillow, as I breathe out heavily. Oh, God. What just happened?

"I'm not sure what just happened, Ariana. But, I'm sorry. I'm going to go get something to eat, then I'll have to pick up Chase, and we'll come visit you. Sound good?"