Chapter 18

"Hey babe!" I feel a hand on my shoulder as I'm spun around.

Crap. Chandler.

"Why haven't you answered any of my calls?" he asks.

"Um..I just haven't had the time, I guess."

"Oh.."

Chandler walks along side me as I turn around and begin walking to class.

"So you wanna get lunch or go to Fro-Yo after class?" he asks.

"I think I'm doing something with Tasia.." I say trying to get off the subject.

I mean..I have to be careful. I have to break up with him at some point. Or..should I just tell him about the video?

"We haven't hung out or barely even talked since..well since we had sex, and that kinda makes me feel like I've done something wrong.."

I stop in my tracks.

"Chandler, I know it seems bad, it's because I don't have time..I..I need to catch up on my classes."

"So hanging out with Tasia is gonna help you, how?"

"Maybe, we've been spending too much time together, Chandler. I've barely made any friends here because I've constantly been with you!"

Chandler looked a little surprised by my words.

"I'm..I'm sorry..can we talk after class?" I ask calmly.

"Thought you were hanging with Tasia."

"It'll be quick." I say.

"Sure..I guess." Chandler replies awkwardly.

We walk into class and I don't see Jeremy in his spot. Guess I'm sitting alone today. At least, it'll give me more time to think. That is, if I can not worry about Taylor and Chandler giggling behind me.

I drop my bookbag to the floor and slump down in my chair. I'm just out of it today.

"Alright, class. We're getting a new student today! So I expect good behavior from all of you. And maybe try not to look like you're dying when she walks in? We don't want her to be scared on her first day here. Her name is Melina and I expect all of you to be very kind to her. Ms. Heznas announces.

Oh. A new girl?

Half way through the lesson, the new girl still hasn't arrived. Ms. Heznas is still talking in spanish about a bad babysitting experience..it sounds like. I'm still not too good at this whole spanish thing, yet.

Ms. Heznas suddenly stops her speech as we hear three light taps on the door.

"Class.." Ms. Heznas says quietly.

We all sit up in our chairs as she walks over to the door and pushes it open. In the door stands a girl about 5'4, Dirty blond-ish, redish hair, I couldn't tell her eye color from that far away. She wears high-waisted shorts, with a lose white shirt tucked into them. She has a plaid red shirt over her lose white shirt and is wearing white converse.

I could already tell she was going to be the talk of the school. I mean, she's gorgeous.

"Class, this is Melina! Like, I said before, I expect you to be very kind to her. Melina..." Ms. Heznas hesitates looking for a spot for Melina to sit.

"It looks like Ms. Peters has an open seat, seeing that, Mr. Stikey is gone today. We'll find you an official seat tomorrow." Ms. Heznas smiles.

I sigh but sit up taller giving a warm smile as Melina walks over, drops her bag to the floor and sighs loudly before slumping down in her chair.