Chapter 5

I stepped onto the plane and was greeted by the flight attendant.

"Hello, please may I see your ticket?" she asks calmly. Chandler, Chase, and I hand her all our tickets.

"Thank you, right this way."

I smile and walk behind the woman as she leads us to our seats. Thankfully, I'm right next to Chandler and Chase. We take our seats and I fluff Chases hair, and lean back against my seat. I turn to look at Chandler.

"You know, you never told me why you got sent to private school." I say. He continues looking at the seat in front of him but I can tell he's nervous when his jaw clenches. I just nod and turn the other way. I'm sitting in between Chandler and Chase so I can kind of see out the window. We haven't take off yet. I sigh and then hear Chandler sigh, then a hand touches mine. I turn around and see Chandler looking at me.

"Listen..it's just..kind of not the best thing for me to do right now..tell someone." he says now looking at the seat in front of him again.

"Oh...ok.."

"We will be taking off now." someone says over the speaker. Honestly, I'm really nervous. I haven't seen my grandma in years, I've never been to private school..if that is where i'm going. It's like i'm just starting everything over. I feel like everything is happening so fast. And if I don't go to the private school..I might not ever see Chandler again. That can't happen. The kiss last night..was, perfect. Amazing. It's like we were meant to be. I hear a tapping noise and turn around to see Chandler texting someone.

"Who ya textin'?" I ask.

"Um..no one." he says. Okay. I'm getting really sick of him not telling me anything. He won't tell me why he's getting sent to private school, he won't tell me who he's texting. What's he hiding? I need to just relax. Ugh. I lean my head against the chair and pull out my phone. No notifications, no texts. I close my eyes.

-------------------------------------

"Hey..Ari..wake up."

I groggily open my eyes to see Chase shaking me. He smiles.

"We're here."

I smile back.

"Thanks bud. Um..where's Chandler?" I ask, seeing that Chandler isn't next to me and I can't find him in the horde of people getting off the plane.

"He said he had to go to the bathroom."

"Oh okay. Well..let's go." Chase and I grab our luggage and I also grab Chandlers and walk over to the bathroom. Chandler swings the door open and he looks like he's been crying.

"Chandler?" I ask.

"Thanks." he smiles, obviously trying to shake off the tears, and grabs his luggage.

I don't even want to get into a fight with him so I just follow him off the plane, holding my luggage in one hand and Chase's hand in the other. When we get off the plane, it's really warm. Surprisingly warmer than where I lived before. I scan the parking lot and see a sign in the air. It read 'ARIANA AND CHASE'. I laugh and point it out to Chase.

"Grandma!" he shouts and begins to run across the parking lot. I laugh and Chandler looks at me.

"I'm gonna miss that laugh." he actually looks sad.

"You've only known me for like a day." I smile.

"But it was the best day of my life." he says.

"Well...then, I guess this is good bye." I say.

"Nah..." he says and then takes out his phone and begins texting.

"Okay. Who are you texting, Chandler?" I ask. I mean..this was a cute moment and everything was going well and he just whips out his phone and starts- my phone is buzzing. What the..