Chapter 8

We walk back into the school and hop into the elevator. It stops on the second floor and Sam steps out.

"Later, guys!" he says.

The elevator doors begin to close, but I stick my hand out to stop it.

"Um..I'll walk you to your room.." I say awkwardly, stepping out of the elevator. He smirks.

"Alright, you two love birds, have fun and be safe!" Tasia says pointing and talking in a motherly voice.

We both laugh and walk away as the elevator begins closing.

"So..why'd ya wanna walk with me?" he asks as we walk down the hall sticking his hands in his pockets.

"Eh..I don't know really." I say pushing my hair behind my ear.

"Are..are those from Chandler?" he asks pointing towards my neck. I remember that it's covered in hickies. Crap.

"Oh..um. Yeah." I say looking at the ground.

"Oh." he says disappointingly.

I like Sam. Not in "that" way, but as a friend. I mean, yeah, he's cute and stuff. But honestly, I don't think I could ever see us in a relationship.

"Sorry." is all I say.

He just shrugs his shoulders.

When we reach his bedroom he opens the door and looks at me, not inviting me in. Oh. Okay.

"Well I'm..gonna go now.." I say turning.

"No wait!" Sam says.

"What?"

"Um..Ari, I know it's only been a day, and that you don't really know me but.."

"Sam..please don't go there right now. I'm sorry..I just don't think I can handle it. I like you. I mean..as a friend. Right now. But I just don't wanna ruin that....yet." I say smirking, and I can tell it cheers him up.

"I understand." he says smiling back at me.

"Good." I say and lean forward to plant a small kiss on his cheek.

He gives me a confused look.

"As..a friend." I wink.

He smiles and winks back.

"Text me later!" he says.

"Oh! I don't have your number!"

"Yeah you do." he says before smiling and closing the door.

What? I pull out my phone and begin scrolling through my contacts and surprisingly there's a new contact.

*Sammi:)*

Aww. How cute.

As I'm walking down the hallway to the elevator, a door swings open and I'm yanked inside. Hands spin my body around so I'm facing the person. Chandler. Surprise, Surprise.

I groan.

"What do you want know?"

"You smoke now?" he asks.

"No..why would you think that?"

"I saw you out my window. Don't play dumb."

"Oh, so you'll spy on me and watch my every move but won't even look at me when you're with your friends? You suddenly..care now?"

He squints his eyes and grips my shoulders tighter.

"I've always cared about you. Don't even say that."