Origins. || teen wolf [3]

By hxlystydia

"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots." It... More

prologue
one: a getaway
two: la iglesia
three: an encounter
four: "camping"
six: school priorities
seven: unsuccessful plans
eight: a gift
nine: the key
ten: search for cipher keys
eleven: 2-4-3-6
twelve: it's obvious
thirteen: danger
fourteen: sick as a wolf
fifteen: the truth
sixteen: perishable
seventeen: destroying the deadpool
eighteen: post break up
nineteen: inevitable
twenty: finding hope
twenty one: recovery
twenty two: back to normal
twenty three: mexico...again
twenty four: one last time
epilogue
authors note.
update

five: dinner for four

3.2K 116 15
By hxlystydia

+++

"We're going to wait here for Scott. We're going to sit quietly. We're not going to call or talk to anyone," Stile began to instruct while we walked into the McCall household.

"Do I talk to you?" Derek asked.

"No."

Derek turned to me, "Do I talk to you?"

I merely growled, getting my point across.

"Fine. Good. Who's going to talk to him?"

Stiles and I both turned around and jumped back when we saw Agent McCall standing there with a bag of take out in his hand.

"Ah!" Stiles almost screamed and then collected himself before asking, "Are you getting taller?"

"What are you guys doing here?" Agent McCall asked.

Derek answered, completely ignoring Stiles rules that he just went over, "We're waiting for Scott."

"Yeah, so am I. We're supposed to have dinner. I bought extra, you guys hungry?"

"Yeah!" Derek exclaimed.

"No!" Stiles and I yelled back in sync, while Agent McCall just looked at the three of us in confusion.

"We're not hungry," Stiles reinforced narrowing his eyes down at Derek and then back up at Agent McCall.

"No, I'm starving." Derek argued giving Stiles and I a dirty look.

"Well, if you aren't hungry, Lainy and Stiles, your friend can still eat with us." Agent McCall compromised, "What's your name?" He then asked Derek.

"Der-"

"Miguel!" Stiles frantically interrupted, and then he began stuttering in panic, "Y-yep...Miguel, my cousin Miguel...from Mexico. So..."

Unexpectedly Agent McCall began speaking in Spanish which sent Stiles into an even bigger panic. I wasn't bad at Spanish; however, I wasn't able to pick up what he had just said to Derek.

"Oh my god," Stiles muttered his eyes wide.

Derek then smiled and replied in Spanish. My jaw dropped open in shock as I looked from Agent McCall to Derek.

"Fantastic. Egg roll?" Agent McCall offered bringing the food over to the table.

"Hell, yeah!" Derek cheered happily, finally getting the food he wanted.

Stiles began laughing nervously as he watched Derek leave our side.

"Shrimp fried rice or pork fried rice?" Agent McCall asked.

Stiles then let out a few nervous chuckles, raises his one hand, the other was attached to his hip.

"Fantastic! Egg roll!" He said sarcastically, and then looking over at me, "Isn't this fantastic?"

I merely just looked at him like he was crazy.

"Words cannot describe how great this is," I said, mocking a cheerful tone, following behind him to the table where we all sat.

I took a seat across from Derek so I could keep a very close eye on him. I could tell he was intimidated by me, and I wasn't going to let my guard down.

I could feel Stiles heartbeat banging in his chest while his leg was spastically shaking under the table. The boy was a compete wreck.

"So Miguel, what did you say your last name was again?" Agent McCall asked.

"Oh!" Stiles exclaimed rather loudly and I looked at him cautiously. He made eye contact with me, gesturing that he didn't really have an answer, and then looking back at Agent McCall. "It's Juarez...Cinqua...Tiago."

I covered my mouth that had dropped open. I didn't know whether to laugh at his answer or become even more worried.

Agent McCall smiled slightly, "That's a mouth full. How do you spell that?"

Derek smiled with amusement and looked to Stiles, waiting for what his response would be this time. Even I turned my head to look at the nervous boy.

Stiles scratched the back of his head, trying to ignore Derek.

"Phonetically." Stiles stated, his voice not as confident in the answer.

Great, I thought to myself as I shoved a forkful of rice in my mouth.

Derek then looked back to Agent McCall and asked, "Mr. McCall, you're an FBI Agent?"

I nearly choked on my rice and Stiles dropped his fork.

"He's just a low level...very low level." Stiles quickly said trying to stop Derek from asking anything he shouldn't, "He doesn't even have a voice."

Derek ignored Stiles comments and proceeded to ask, "So do you investigate murders?"

"Sometimes," Agent McCall nodded with a shrug of his shoulders, "When it's a federal crime."

"What about fires?"

This time I fully choked on my rice, resulting in a coughing fit. I patted my chest a few times trying to help the rice go down.

"Excuse me," I coughed one final time before shooting Derek a dirty glare, "Now where were we...oh that's right! I think Miguel was going to stop talking now."

"You know what, I wonder where Scott is!" Stiles exclaimed trying to change the subject, "Shouldn't Scott be here now?" He asked in between shoving forkfuls of rice into his mouth. He was definitely nervous eating. "We should call Scott! Elaine, why don't you call Scott?"

I began fumbling with my phone, while Agent McCall looked from Stiles to me, back to Stiles, and then to Derek.

"What kind of fires are you talking about?" He inquired.

"Do you know anything about the Hale family?"

Stiles and I froze, looking directly at each other. We were done for.

+++

"Okay, I didn't lie! I omitted certain truths," Stiles defended himself, while Derek slammed him into Scotts door. "Vital truths now that I think about it."

"Alright Derek, let go of Stiles," I sighed, tired of seeing Stiles struggling against the door. "We get it you're mad, just let us explain."

Derek simply sent me a glare, "I don't want to talk to you- either of you! I want to talk to the Alpha. I'll talk to Scott."

I rolled my eyes while I pulled Stiles who was too busy to rubbing his chin.

"Let's go," I groaned so we can get his phone and call Scott.

Before I slammed the door shut, I looked back at Derek with a harsh glare.

"Don't move," I warned in a low growl.

"Way to go, Lainy," Stiles groaned as we walked down the hallway.

"Excuse me?" I turned around narrowing my eyes at him and furrowed my eyebrows.

"You could've totally used your stupid eye powers to stop Derek from asking McDouchebag those questions." Stiles stated clearly annoyed at me for an unreasonable reason.

"Stiles, for most of my life I wasn't able to control my eyes," I began trying to keep my voice low, "So now that I can, I will decide when I use them...on my own terms. And I sure as hell wasn't going to do it in front of Scott's dad."

Stiles rolled his eyes and began dialing Scott's number. I tapped my foot impatiently waiting for Scott to answer, still frustrated at what Stiles had just said to me.

Stiles let out a deep and frustrated sigh, "He didn't pick up."

I pulled out my phone, "Let me try."

I dialed Scott's number, and pressed the phone up to my ear. Stiles pursed his lips together at me, as we waited for Scott to answer.

Barely one ring got through and Scott quickly answered, "Hi Lainy."

"Hey babe," I replied cockily and smirked over at Stiles.

Stiles stood there with his jaw hanging, he looked almost offended that Scott answered me and not him.

"How's everything going?" He asked.

"Oh, really great actually. Yeah, I just had a lovely dinner with your dad."

"Oh...oh god, I'm sorry." Scott mumbled.

"Yeah, not one of my favorite experiences."

"How's Derek?" Scott asked.

"Uh...about that..." I trailed off looking at Stiles not sure how to respond.

"What do you mean? Lainy, where is he?" Scott began asking frantically.

"No, no...he's still in your bedroom, he'll be fine." I reassured him as Stiles and I began walking back into Scott's room just to make sure that Derek was still there. "Honestly I miss the old Derek, so if you think that Kate is coming to find him-"

My jaw dropped when I saw a blonde haired woman smirking at Stiles and I from the window, before she jumped out with ease.

"...you might be right."

+++

"Where are they?" I asked Stiles as we ran toward the school to pick up Lydia.

"No idea!" Stiles shouted back.

I was completely baffled, "Well how the hell are we supposed to find them when we have no idea where we're going!"

Stiles opened his mouth to answer, but a loud roar echoing around us caused our running to stop abruptly.

Stiles whipped out a metal object and I rolled my eyes.

"You seriously think a baseball bat is going to help us?" I asked, the words seething through my teeth with frustration.

"Maybe it's time to find a better weapon," Lydia added as she looked around to where that noise could've came from.

"I feel attacked," Stiles shouted.

"Shut up and keep running," I ordered and then we kept sprinting together.

"The school sign!" Lydia pointed out, "Look at it!"

The sign was completely turned a different way, and it revealed a staircase that went underneath the school. Our pace slowed down as we cautiously walked toward it.

"So...who wants to go down there first?" I asked nervously.

Stiles and Lydia gave me a "you're the werewolf and you're asking one of the humans to go first" look.

"Right," I nodded slowly and pressed my lips in a thin line.

Down below, there was an unidentifiable mumbling that was coming from there. I didn't know how safe it was down there, or what even was down there, but before I knew it I was walking down the steps.

The noises became more audible as we got closer to the bottom of the staircase.

"Peter?" I called out as I entered a room full of random objects.

"They took it- they took it while I was blinded." Peter stated and then looked over at Stiles, Lydia and I.

"Took what?" I asked watching as Peter became more and more distressed.

"Bonds," he sighed looking directly at me, "Bearer bonds and they took them all."

Stiles face contorted with confusion, "Bearer bonds? Hold up. Are you saying you got robbed?"

Peter's expression stayed stone cold, serious, and completely unamused by Stiles.

"This was a heist," Peter stated with a very annoyed and irritable tone, "Somebody planned this."

"Well, how much did they take?" I inquired, crossing my arms over my chest.

"117."

"Thousand?" Stiles explained.

"Million."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.3K 2K 38
"A certain darkness is needed to see the stars" - Gwendolyn Rose Pevensie •comment • vote • (In need of editing, read at your own risk) 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜...
57.6K 1.5K 17
BEING REWRITTEN. CAN FIND NEW VERSION ON MY ACCOUNT. ---- ❝what's a pirate like you doing at a ball like this❞ ❝looking for a princess who belongs o...
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

317K 8.1K 115
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
52.9K 2.5K 48
𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 Stark is no longer the clueless kid she was before the Avengers were brought together. She has experienced her share of hard times but not...