Love-Hate [COMPLETE]

By darxkrai

Unpopular Zelda was a girl in the shadows. Popular Link was always leading the crowd. They were nothing alike... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five (Final)
Epilogue

Chapter Seventeen

1.8K 60 24
By darxkrai

"You don't say," Nabooru whispered, staring at Midna and I.

I nodded my head slowly. "It is all the truth."

Midna stood up. "Zelda and I have to go find our friend now, we are sort of in a hurry."

I looked at Midna worriedly. "W-We are?"

Midna nodded. "Wait, I never told you?"

"What's going on?" Nabooru said, standing up.

Midna looked at Nabooru, then back at me. "Our magic supply will only last us seven days, at most."

I looked at the ground. "One week."

Midna took my arm. "Yes, meaning we have to find Link, and hurry out of here-"

"Lady Nabooru!" A guard yelled, running into the room.

Nabooru ran over to her side. "Yes? What is it?"

The guard grunted, blood dripping from her arm. "There is... A beast, in the prisoner's cell. Three other guards are trying to get rid of it now."

I looked at Midna, our eyes wide.

"A beast?" Nabooru gasped.

The guard nodded. "Yes. The others are probably killing it as we speak."

I bolted out of the room, Midna, the other guard, and Nabooru quickly following me.

"Stop it!" Midna and I were screaming at the top of our lungs. "Don't kill the beast! Don't kill him!"

We ran over to the cell, watching as a guard was thrown against the brick wall. She cried out in pain, standing up. She limped back over to the door of the cell, walking back in with a spear.

"No!" I screamed, pushing the three guards aside. I jumped over beside Link, wrapping my arms around his neck. I pet his head, trying to calm him. His bright blue eyes had turned a darker color.

I rested my head on his. "It's okay, it's okay..." I whispered in a calming voice.

The guards stood back in awe as Link's eyes changed back to normal.

The beast licked my cheek, and I giggled. "Hey, stop that!" I laughed. Midna walked over and kneeled beside us.

"H-How were you able to tame that beast?!" The guards yelled.

"He's not a beast!" I retorted. I looked down at Link. "Well, he is, but he wasn't before."

"Before...?" Nabooru stepped forward.

I nodded, crossing my legs, and sitting beside Link. "Link, say hi to Nabooru."

Link barked loudly, wagging his tail.

I laughed. Nabooru walked in front of the guards, kneeling before Link.

"This was... The friend you spoke of?" Nabooru questioned, inspecting Link.

Midna laughed. "Well, you see, dark magic turned him into a beast." She scratched behind his ear. "And, now, here we are."

Nabooru turned toward Midna. "Can you change him back?"

Midna nodded. "There's a place that still hasn't come to my mind..." she leaned her head back. "It's a place guarded by spirits of light, yet... I do not remember it's location."

Nabooru smiled. "The Spirit's Spring," she said, snapping her fingers. "There is one up by a Faron Woods."

Link suddenly stood up on all fours.

"Link?" I watched as he ran to Nabooru.

"Do you know of Faron Woods?" She asked Link. He wagged his tail and barked.

"I guess he does," Midna shrugged her shoulders. She nodded. "But I'm almost positive that spring is what we are looking for..."

Nabooru smiled. "Oh, I bet that's where you should be headed. The spring's water purifies any evil."

Midna clasped her hands together. "That's it! I remember now!" She smiled, looking at me. She looked back at Nabooru. "How could we ever thank you?"

Nabooru stood, pushing her long red hair off of her shoulder. "Well, would it be alright if I accompanied you?"

Midna looked at me, then back at Nabooru. "How come?"

Nabooru looked at the guards. She nodded, turning to Midna. "You see, I believe that if we take some of the spring water, we can cleanse our friend, Syra."

"Syra?" I asked, standing up.

Nabooru nodded sadly. "Yes, she is a friend of ours. She is in the infirmary at this moment, dying of a sickness we do not know how to heal."

I nodded. "Of course you can come with us."

Nabooru smiled. "Oh, thank you, Princess."

I looked down at my dress. "Shoot, I really dislike this thing." I held my hands over my dress, and a bright yellow flash shone in the room. My dress was gone, and my shorts, tee and glasses were returned. "Much better," I sighed with a smile.

Nabooru laughed. "Is this the kind of clothing your people wear, back in your time?"

I beamed. "Yeah, this is what we wear."

Nabooru walked behind me. She held up my arms, and my shirt pulled up a bit, revealing a bit of my stomach. "Your tops are very small."

I blushed, pulling my shirt down. I backed away, laughing nervously. "Says you!"

Nabooru held up her arms, showing off her muscular body. "We are known for being strong women, so we show off." She smirked.

We all laughed. When it got quiet, I smiled, looking down at Link. "I would hope that we can leave soon."

Nabooru nodded. "Yes, of course." She led Midna, the other guards, Link and I out of the cell and down the tower's hallway. We walked outside, and I shielded my eyes from the bright, hot sunlight. Nabooru turned to us, walking backwards. "There are some stables to the right, and a few horses reside in there."

I laughed. "What about Link?"

Midna gasped. "Okay, so I've had this idea in my head, and it just-" she paused, trying to think of the right words to say. "Let me just show you."

We all watched as Midna transformed into a small imp-like creature. There was a large, stone-looking mask on half of her face, and her orange and black hair was pulled into a ponytail in the back. She laughed, jumping onto Link's back. He acted surprised at first, jumping around, a bit frightened. Suddenly, he looked like he was used to Midna on his back. He sat still, and Midna, with her now tiny hands, patted his back.

"Look at this!" Midna squeaked in a different voice.

I kneeled down beside the both of them. "This image of you two seems..." I smiled. "Strangely familiar."

Midna laughed. "It feels familiar!"

Nabooru led us to the stables, where I mounted a beautiful white horse. I pat its head, and leaned in close to its ear. "Could you do me a favor?" I whispered with a soft smile. "I'm going to lead you to the Spirit's Spring. Do you mind taking me there?"

I heard the horse neigh, and I laughed.

Nabooru mounted a golden brown horse. A guard was about to get onto a black one, when Nabooru held up her hand. "There's no need, Tallia. We will be fine on our own."

The guard, Tallia nodded. "Yes, ma'am. We will protect the fortress while you are away."

"You're in charge," Nabooru smirked.

Tallia quickly went from mature to childish. She squealed with delight. "Really?!" She furrowed her eyebrows, coughing. She straightened her posture, then frowned. "I-I mean, yes, ma'am. I will enforce all rules."

Nabooru laughed. "We will return at sunrise tomorrow."

Tallia nodded, running off. She ran into the fortress, disappearing from sight.

Nabooru nodded, looking at me. "We best get moving, then."

I smiled, nodding back. "Of course." I looked down at Midna, who smirked.

"Giddy up!" She yelled, pulling on Link's fur. He yelped, springing forward. He bolted off, far away from the fortress and out of sight.

"After him!" Nabooru cheered, pulling on the reins of her horse. Her horse neighed, galloping after Link and Midna.

I leaned into my horse's ear. "Alrighty, lets go!"

My horse took off, and I gasped. It seemed like forever since I last rode a horse. I smiled, leaning forwards, standing off of my saddle. I cheered, whooping along the way.

Nabooru looked back at me as we passed through what seemed like a village in the middle of a gorge. "Hurry up, Zelda!" She called to me. "Link and Midna are moving really quick!"

I nodded, pulling on the reins of my horse. "Let's go!" I yelled, and my horse sped up. I watched ahead as Midna was screaming at the top of her lungs. She cheered as Link ran faster and faster with every tug on his fur.

"Midna, slow down!" Nabooru yelled.

Midna groaned. "We are almost there!"

"Barely!" Nabooru laughed.

"Whatever!" Midna called back. "Just meet us there!"

I laughed as my horse caught up with Nabooru's. She gasped, watching as my horse began galloping twice as fast.

I waved behind my head, and heard Nabooru grunt. I laughed, catching up to Midna and Link.

When I heard nothing behind me, I turned around. "Nabooru?"

Nabooru was off of her horse, petting its side. "I'm going to give my horse a rest! I'll catch up with you all later!"

I nodded, cheering as my horse moved faster through the gorge.

We finally reached a gate at the end of the village.

Midna and Link had stopped in front of it.

"Why didn't you just jump over?" I laughed.

Then, I yanked on the reins of my horse.

My horse stopped so suddenly, that I flew off. Dust flew everywhere.

"Zelda!" Midna squeaked, flying over to my side. I spit out a bunch of dirt as I sat up, my arms bleeding a bit.

"I'm fine," I said, sitting up.

My heart was pounding, and I felt sick. Midna turned back into her human form, standing tall above me. She pulled me up off of the ground, and we stood in front of the gate, in awe.

I slowly walked forward, reaching my fingers out. "That's..."

"But whose...?" Midna mumbled.

"Why is there blood on the gates...?" I touched the gate, avoiding the blood. It was splattered everywhere.

I accidentally touched a bit of blood, and I squealed. "Ew!"

Suddenly, I wasn't feeling disgust. Instead, I felt pain, and fast.

It shot up my arm, and I screamed. My hand was throbbing, and I gripped my right wrist with my left hand.

Midna screamed. "Oh, god! You're not wearing your cloak!"

I looked up at her, feeling like my head was going to fall off. "Get it!" I screamed again.

Midna held her hands over my body, and she mumbled something. Suddenly, I was surrounded by darkness. The pain in my hand subsided. I lifted the hood of the cloak off of my head a bit, so I was now looking at Midna.

"Are you alright, now?" She asked, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded slowly. "What was that...?"

"It might have been the blood of someone..." Midna began, looking at the ground.

"Of someone...?" I tried to get Midna to speak, but I could tell she was scared. Beads of sweat dotted her forehead. She clenched her fists.

Midna looked at me. "The blood of someone killed by a monster of the Twilight Realm."

I took a step back from the gate. "That's why my skin reacted to the blood, then..."

Midna nodded. "Yes. You, Zelda, are from the Light World, and you yourself are very pure." Midna looked back at the gate, holding her hands over her chest. She looked back at me with a menacing look on her face. "But, yet, because you are so pure, and protected by the gods and spirits of light, the monsters of Twilight will do anything to take that purity away from you."

I froze.

"Even kill you," Midna said, on the verge of tears.

"Please don't cry," I whispered gently, walking up to Midna. I wrapped my arms around her. "It's okay."

Midna hugged me back. "I hope it will be." She rubbed her eyes, then flashed a smile. "I can use my teleportation powers to get Link and I on the other side. Do you think you can get your horse to jump over the gate?"

I nodded proudly. "Of course!"

Midna laughed. "Alright. We'll see you on the other side."

I stepped back away from the gate, watching as Midna transformed back into her imp-like state. She jumped onto Link's back, whispering something in his ear. It seemed as if Link understood her, nodding his head. She flew up off of his body, twirling in the air.

I gasped. "M-Midna! Link!"

Midna's body dispersed into thousands of black squares. Link's body did the same. All of the black squares flew up into the sky, flying into a black and blue portal. My heart pounded faster and faster, as I began to think of the worst.

I sighed a breath of relief when I heard Link bark on the other side of the gate.

"Alright, we're here!" Midna chirped. "Now, come on, Zelda!"

I nodded. I cupped my mouth with my hands, "I'm coming in just a moment!" I called.

I mounted my horse once again, pulling at the reins. My horse began backing up, until I believed we could jump the gate with this far of a start. "You ready?" I whispered into the horse's ear. The horse neighed, and I laughed.

"Let's go!"

My horse shot off, running towards the gate. It jumped over, barely making it over the spiky part of the gate.

When we reached the other side, I began panting. "I thought... We weren't going to make it!"

Midna laughed, pulling on Link's fur. Link began running, off into the field we were in. "You woulda been fine, Zellie!" Midna squeaked in her high-pitched voice.

I rolled my eyes with a smile, following after Midna. I admired the gorgeous setting we were in, marveling at all of the wild animals. I watched as Midna and Link entered a forest. There was a small opening, just big enough for Link and Midna to crawl through.

I frowned, hopping off of my horse. "Sorry, buddy, but I'll have to leave you here."

The horse shook its head as I tied the reins onto a nearby tree.

"Shh, it's okay," I calmed the horse. I held up my hands, casting a small protective spell on the horse. "Nothing will be able to hurt you, so there's no need to worry!"

The horse was now calm, and I smiled.

"Zellie!" Midna called from underneath the secluded trees.

"Oh, so now you're going to call me Zellie?" I laughed, falling to my knees. I crawled underneath of the bushes and trees, making my way into the forest.

When I could finally stand again, I smiled, looking all around at the flowers in this forest.

"Now, to the spring," Midna said normally. I looked up at her, and she was back in her human form. She was followed by Link, slowly trotting along beside her.

I ran up beside Link. "Oh, Link," I said, petting his fur. "You must be exhausted!"

Midna giggled. "Don't worry. He can drink some of the spring water when we get there."

"How much further is it?" I asked.

Midna held out her hand, smiling. "Oh, not too far."

I smiled brightly, running through the rocky opening of the spring. As I ran in, the grass slowly turned to sand. The sand was a very light yellow color. I dipped my hands in it, and it felt softer than the softest of silks.

"This is amazing!" I laughed, running over to the water. Before I stepped near it, however, I slipped out of my cloak, setting it on the grass to the side. I slipped out of my shoes I was wearing, also placing them off to the side.

I walked back over to the water, slowly stepping in. My feet were enveloped in the cool, sensational feeling. I felt secure and protected, and I felt like I could fly.

"Pretty nice, huh?" Midna asked. She smiled, sitting on a rock. She leaned her head against small patch of moss. "Just... Let Link walk into the water, and he should turn back to normal..." Midna drifted off, snoring. The next think I knew, she was sound asleep.

I smiled softly, walking over to Link. I looked into his electric blue eyes. "You can be human again," I said, petting his head.

Link barked quietly, nodding his head. He nuzzled his head up against mine, and I giggled.

Link slowly walked into the spring's water, his paws surrounded by the glimmering liquid. He lifted his head up to the sky, his eyes closed. I watched as a golden light appeared above the water, over behind some rocks. It flipped out into the shape of some animal.

I gasped, feeling the rush of blood within my body.

My head was spinning as I watched the light begin to shape into a large monkey-looking creature. It had long arms that held a ball of light. It's tail curved all the way around it's body. It floated in the air.

Then, it began to speak.

"O Hero, chosen by the Gods," its deep voice began. "I am a Light Deity, known as Faron."

I felt a tear roll down my cheek. Faron, I thought to myself. One of the four Spirits of light.

"The evil power of the Twilight has taken over your body," the spirit said, closing its eyes.

I heard Midna snort, and I held in my laughter as she woke up suddenly. She shook her head quickly, jumping up to my side.

"I will be able to return you to your normal state," Faron spoke.

I clasped my hands together.

Faron looked at Midna. "O Princess of the Twilight Realm, I will grant you the power to control the Hero's Beast Form."

"M-Me?" Midna stuttered. She straightened herself quickly, nodding her head. "I-I mean, yes, I will gladly accept that role."

Faron nodded slowly, and a small black crystal materialized in front of Midna. She looked up at Faron, who nodded. She grasped the crystal in the palm of her hand. A sudden gust of wind, that came out of nowhere, blew Midna's hair left and right. She closed her eyes, squeezing her hand. The crystal disappeared. "I will hold onto it. Thank you, Faron."

Faron nodded once more, and the ball of light it was holding began to glow. I shielded my eyes from the light, praying that Link would be back in his original state.

When the light subsided, I gasped, looking upwards.

Link, dressed in his green Hero's tunic, was facing where Faron had been. He was holding his green cap in his hands. He slowly turned around. He chuckled, closing his eyes. He ran his fingers through his hair, a grin spreading across his face.

"Zelda," he began, opening his eyes again. He looked at me, and I could already feel the warm tears flooding from my eyes. "Long time no see, huh?"

__________________

Ahhhhh I finally updated 😭 Sorry guys, I've been terribly sick. I've tried my hardest to get as much as I can, so I made this chapter extra long, trying to make up for the time I lost. I haven't been able to get on my phone as much since I was sick :(( but I'm back!! Also, I play sports, so I'm going to be even busier now that it's Spring 😪 But that's okay, I'll still work hard to update.

PS: I began writing another ZeLink fanfic, I have published the first chapter, and I hope you guys will check it out! It takes place back in Hyrule, not in modern time (like this story; kinda)

Anyway, sorry for the super long AN. Lol. Again, be sure to comment your favorite Zelda character BESIDES Link and Zelda. I have something to do with that ;)) Thanks for reading (and being patient 😭) You guys are the best!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26M 779K 76
"You are mine!" He roars. "I will do whatever it takes to make you know that. Whether it means I lock you up in a prison and throw away the key." Foo...
43.7M 1.5M 41
|| Highest Rank - #1 in Teen Fiction and #5 in Romance || Melody Carson has been in the same class as Tyson McCannon since primary school. She's wat...
325K 8.3K 49
Contains spoilers - gender neutral MC One hundred years ago, you took part in a prophecy of old. Having being gifted the ability to hear the voice of...
286K 8.4K 47
In a fit of anger, you lock yourself in your room. Your parents are controlling, your friends are in different countries, a man insists on marrying y...