Doubt It Gets Better ● (Colby...

By amaka_alpha

Mersadies (Sadie) Royce had a pretty good life back when she was in middle school, but a tragedy had happened... More

Ch. 1 Tragedy
Ch. 2 Crush?
Ch. 3 Hurt
Ch. 4 Accident
Ch. 5 Argument
Ch. 6 Confession
Ch. 7 Concern
Ch. 8 Denial
Ch. 10 Cruel
Ch. 11 Guilt
Ch. 12 Okay?
Ch. 13 Agreed
Ch. 14 Party
Ch. 15 Accusation
Ch. 16 Trash
Ch. 17 Worthless
Ch. 18 Why?
Ch. 19 Confusion
Ch. 20 Help
Ch. 21 Cake
Ch. 22 Summer
Ch. 23 Throwback
Ch. 24 Friends?
Ch. 25 Unfair
Ch. 26 Misunderstood
Ch. 27 Homecoming
Ch. 28 Therapist
Ch. 29 Realization
Ch. 30 Change
Ch. 31 Understanding
Ch. 32 Hope
Ch. 33 End?
Ch. 34 Coma
Ch. 35 Remember
Ch. 36 Finals
Ch. 37 Senior
Ch. 38 Soccer
Ch. 39 Over
💥Author's Note💥
Sequel!!!!

Ch. 9 Liar

3K 71 17
By amaka_alpha

Today was Wednesday and I had just received my Chem quiz that I aced. For some reason Colby wasn't in class even though I spotted him with Sam this morning, but I wanted to stay in a good mood, so I just pushed it aside.

I was heading to my history class when I spotted Jendell and Colby enter the nurse's office. Being the curious self I am, I followed them. When I got there, I saw Colby with an ice pack to his eye, and he looked beat up. Jendell was there talking to the nurse.

Colby saw me come in and he immediately turned his head, trying to hide his face.

I came closer to him. "What happened?"

He didn't answer, he just kept his face away from me.

"Colby please look at me."

He finally faced me and I could see all these bruises on his face and a busted lip.

I took a sharp breath. "C..can I see your eye?"

He hesitated before slowly removing the pack from his eye.

What I saw horrified me. His eye was swollen shut with purple bruisings around it. I didn't even think he could see through that eye because of how swollen it was.

"W....what happened?"

"Nothing," he whispered.

"Something obviously happened Colby. Don't tell me that."

Just then, Jendell walks in.

"Do you know what happened to him?" I decided to ask her hoping she knew.

"Sorry I don't know. I found him like this when I was getting books for my class. He just kept telling me that nothing happened when clearly something did."

We looked down at Colby, who had his ice pack back on his eye.

"Colby.....was it my fault?" I asked quietly.

He looked at me for a second, but didn't say anything before he put his head back down.

"Maybe you should leave." Jendell told me.

"Wait why?" I asked shocked.

"You guys haven't been in good terms lately, and no offense but I don't think he wants you here."

"Seriously?" I asked coldly.

She nodded before sitting down next to Colby. I was waiting for Colby to oppose, but he didn't even look up. I just left cause I had nothing to say.

I went to my 2 other classes. I was supposed to have one with Jendell, but she didn't come.

Lunch finally came and I went to the cafeteria alone. When I got my lunch, I went and sat with Justin and his friends. As I sat Bastien immediately asked, "Where's Jendell? I didn't see her in my PE class."

"I think she's at the nurse's office." 

"What, why?! Did something happen? Is she okay?" Bastien blurted.

"Bastien don't worry, she's fine. She's just with Colby."

"Why is she with Colby?" He sounded nervous.

"Well apparently, someone beat him up pretty badly and she happened to see him like that, so she took him to the nurse." I replied quietly.

I felt like everybody at the table went quiet and I looked at everyone then at Justin and to his hands in confusion. I could clearly see his bruised knuckle.

I gasped.

"Sadie, it's not what it looks like."

"Then what happened?" I questioned, giving him a skeptical look.

"I punched my locker because it wouldn't open and I hit it way too hard causing these bruises."

"Really Justin?" I didn't believe him.

"Yes Sadie that's what happened. Again I'm not lying to you. I don't have any reason to do that to Colby. I know he's your friend and I wouldn't do something like that to hurt you." He sounded a little annoyed.

I kept quiet for a second, "I did it again, didn't I?"

"What do you mean?" He asked confused.

"I called you a liar again and I'm sorry." I answered before quickly leaving the table.

As I got to the halls I felt arms grab me and turn me around. Justin saw my face that was covered in tears, and he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly.

........................................................

I was in my last class when Jendell came in, interrupting the lesson. Our teacher seemed a little annoyed because someone interrupted him, but Jendell gave him a pass which lightened up his mood. After giving him the pass, she walked to the back of the room, sitting in the seat beside me.

"Hey I have to talk to you." She whispered to me.

"What about?" I whispered back.

"Colby told me that your boyfriend was the one that beat him up."

"What! Justin didn't d--"

Jendell and Mersadies, would you like to share what's so important that you're interrupting my class?" Our teacher asked, making everyone turn to us.

"No Ma'am... I mean Sir, I would not like to share what's more important than your class." Jendell replied.

He glared at Jendell before speaking. "If I catch you guys talking again, your going to get a detention.

"Sorry," I replied.

"It won't happen again M-- Sir." Jendell answered.

Mr. Berg turned back to the board and started teaching again.

After a few seconds I turned back to Jendell. "What do you mean he beat him up? He told me that he didn't."

"Sadie, he lied to your face. Colby told me that Justin threatened him because he saw Justin and Jewls clearly making out this morning, saying that if Colby told you, then he's going to do something to him. That's why Colby was like that today cause he didn't care about the consequences but to make sure that you knew the truth."

I shook my head in disbelief. "Jendell, you don't even have any proof. You can't just tell me stuff that don't make sense."

"Sadie Vanessa Royce listen to me. Justin. Is. Cheating. On. You. I can even show you proof after school en--"

"Detention you two. I will be seeing you guys after school. Don't be late!" Mr. Berg angrily said to us.

"But I have practice after school and--" 

"Jendell, do you think I actually care. You two have been disrupting my class, and I will not tolerate it."

"Fuck you Berg," Jendell murmured.

People that were near us silently gasped.

"Excuse me, what did I here?" The teacher questioned. He looked like he was about to break something.

"I said sucks to be you Berg." Really Jendell, you couldn't have thought of anything else.

"Detention for you this whole week Jendell! Also, you will call me by Mr. Berg!"

"Whatever Berg."

Mr. Berg looked furious. "Go to the principal's office NOW!! I will be hearing about your suspension for next week." He said pointing to the door.

Jendell rolled her eyes before taking her bag and leaving the classroom.

There was only 20 minutes left of the school day and the teacher was not in the mood to teach because of what happened, so we just chilled. When the bell rang, I walked out of class and found Jendell who was waiting for me near the door.

"Okay, follow me." She said as soon as she spotted me.

"But we have detention." I said trying to get out of this.

"Detention is in 10 minutes, we have time." She exclaimed grabbing my arm and leading me to the 1st floor.

We got there and I was beginning to feel very nervous. What if they're actually telling me the truth and Justin was actually lying to me this whole time. No, I doubt it, Justin wouldn't do something like that to me or hurt me like that. I'm positive.

As we were turning a corner I here someone say, "I love you so much Justin." That stung. But maybe it's a different Justin i thought, trying to get my hopes up. We turned the corner and I clearly saw something that made me want to go to sleep and never wake up again. I watched as Justin, the boy I thought would never hurt me kiss Jewls.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 509 14
Book 2- Of the 'Highschool Trauma' series: After moving away with his lover and best friend, Colby had made it his goal to start over. To live a life...
16.9K 626 14
Sam Golbach is your normal teenage student. Blond-headed, caring, and has friends. Colby Brock is your not-so-much normal student. Brown-headed, bull...
1.2M 39.5K 46
[ Highest Rank: #3 Teen Fiction ] [ Highest Rank: #25 Romance ] ❇❇❇ Life's hard when you live next door to the High School Bad Boy that used to be...
18.6K 557 40
(Before You Leave #1) She was sent to boarding school over the smallest of mistakes... Okay, burning down your schools gym might have been a big one...