Roommates

By AidenSummers

***EDITED AND REVISED VERSION IS AVAILABLE ON AMAZON IN PAPERBACK AND KINDLE*** "You wrote my name wrong" "Yo... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
9:So It Goes
10:And Continues
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
27:You Were Never Mine
28:You Were Never Mine 2
29:Day 1
30:Four More Days
31:Fishy Business
32:All On My Own 1
33:All On My Own 2
34:We're Just Strangers 1
35:We're Just Strangers 2
36:Or Are We?
3 MILLIONS
ANNOUNCEMENT!

Chapter 1

321K 8.9K 17.3K
By AidenSummers

**Edited and revised edition available on Amazon. (dm me for a link/or check my About section)

Disclaimer:
songs used in the story belong to their own artists and creators I do not own the copyrights.
Names that resemble real life people are completely coincidental.

A/N: Hello everyone, it's Aiden again. Welcome to my new story, Roommates. I hope you like it as much as I'm in love with the idea. It's not gonna be a cliché "I hate my roommate" story, even though there will be hate, but far from cheesy stuff (to a certain extent I mean come on everyone loves cheese). Have fun reading and don't forget to vote and comment!

<<Ryder>>

I hate my life.

Everyone says that at a time in their lives, but to me it's an everyday ritual.

I don't live far off college campus that much. It's about a 10 minutes walk. There are dorms on campus but I hate those. They're very chaotic and make living a little uneasy. Well a lot.

So I welcome you to my apartment! If you can call it that, that is. It's a bedroom/living room combo. It has 2 beds, and a couch facing a tv, all in the same room. Then there's a door that leads to a small kitchen, and I mean small kitchen, along with an equally small bathroom.

But it's not always sunshine and roses in my life. More like thunder and thorns. My roommate decided it's cool to leave because he's "done with this college", leaving me without a roommate to pay half the rent with me. I can afford paying for it myself, but then I'll end up without any spending money, and in college, that's bad.

So here I am, at the copy centre printing out some flyers for a "roommate wanted".

I went around the block stapling and gluing them in allowed places and illegal places because I'm a rebel.

I feel a vibration in my pocket so I fish out my phone.

*meet me at the coffee shop xx*

I roll my eyes and text her back.

*alright be there in few*

I finish stamping the last of my flyers and walk to Crusty's.

Yes, Crusty's. It's not just a coffee shop, it's the weirdest place ever. It's a coffee shop/diner/restaurant combo all in one.

Once there, I see my girlfriend sitting in the coffee lounge of Crusty's, and of course she hasn't ordered anything. I don't know if it were out of politeness as she was waiting for me, or because she's a 'princess'. No offense but princesses can order coffee to their boyfriends too.

"Hi hi!" she said, standing up a little to kiss my cheek. "You know what I want"

"Of course" I smile forcefully. It's not like I don't like her, I do, I love her. But sometimes she can be a little too extra for my taste.

"Welcome to Crusty's how may I help you" the nerdy looking blonde behind the counter said.

He looked way too bored for this job.

"French Vanilla white coffee for Jane and black coffee for Ryder" I said.

"Coming up" he said as I took my place next to Jane and started chatting with her.

There weren't much people here as it was around 4 pm, so I wasn't surprised when the barista was calling my name five minutes later.

I dragged my tired self to the counter.

"You wrote my name wrong" I spat bitterly at the way he spelled my name. I hated when they did this because I didn't find it funny whatsoever.

"You said it's Rider" he said amusingly. What happened to the bored looking nerd I talked to five minutes ago that made him so giddy?

"It's Ryder with a Y." I corrected, now truly believing it was an honest mistake but still annoyed.

"Ok I'll make sure I write it right the next time! Enjoy your coffee!" he smiled brightly and I gotta admit I almost laughed at how happy he looked. It complimented his short height, which was around 5'4. Now that might not be too short, but being 6 feet, I think it is.

I took the coffee cups, paid, and took Jane out so we could drink them outside in the nearby park.

<<Spencer>>

"Three cappuccinos Livi" I told Livi, who was the one who actually makes the coffee. I just take orders and write on cups. Yeah boy, I'm the one who always ends up almost getting punched for the jokes I do with people's names. You can't blame me though it gets really boring and that's the funniest thing to do around here.

"Have you found a room outside the dorm yet?" Livi asked. She knew that I was sick of rooming with Nicholas on the dorms. I can't request for a roommate change and he's so damn messy and gross. Don't ask me how I knew this, but I know for sure he hasn't changed his underwear in weeks.

"Nope my attempts were unlucky" I said, leaning on the counter, waiting for customers.

"Well lucky for you I found this" she said without showing me anything.

"uh found what exactly?"I said after looking around empty air.

"Can you not see I'm preparing coffee"

"Wow temper"

"Fuck off" ah that's the Livi I know, always with a bad temper. "There, these are ready" she gave me the three cappuccinos. Livi's capps are the best in town to be honest. But sometimes, rare sometimes, a stray fake blonde hair would find its way into the cups, so now she has to wear a hair net.

As I gave out the coffees to the trio waiting, Livi had produced a flyer from the back of her pocket.

"This person needs a roommate and the rent is not that expensive I think you should give it a shot"

"Oh my God Livi you're a life saver"

"That's what I do" she said smugly. I hate her sometimes.

Someone coughs from behind the counter so I turn around to take their order.

"Welcome to Cru- oh" it's him again. I faked a faker smile and said "Welcome to Crusty's how may I help you?"

"Are you always here?" he asked bitterly

"Unfortunately you visit us at my coffee shift"

"Black coffee" he deadpanned.

"Coming right up" I don't even bother to smile anymore. How does he even drink black coffee, without sugar even. How bitter do you have to be to be able to consume that.

"And get the name right this time, it's Ryder with a Y"

"Okie Dokie"

He scoffs and takes a seat. When his coffee is ready I call his name.

He approaches with neat strides. He's definitely more than 6 feet tall, with dark unnaturally looking long black hair. You can't help but notice the purple stud earrings he's wearing. He's the type of guy that you get a "Don't mess with me" aura from.

"I swear to God" he grumbled angrily. Ahh the sweet sound of agitated people.

"What now!"

"Do you think this is funny?"

"What? You said it's Rider with a Y"

"So YOU WROTE 'RIDER WITH A Y'?"

"Well duh" I said. "Now if you excuse me there's a line forming behind you" I smiled innocently.

He murmured some curses I'm sure and went on his way.

A few hours later I was done with work, so the moment I stepped outside Crusty's, I called the number on the ad.

After a few rings the line got picked up.

"Yeah?"

"Oh uhm I got your number from an ad you posted for a roommate"

"Oh yeah" the little deep voice said. "You interested?"

"Yeah is the room still available?"

"Yes."

"When should I come by"

I heard a few high pitched nags on the line then his voice came back on.

"Tomorrow at 3?" he asked. Tomorrow was Saturday and I didn't have work on weekends so it was fine by me.

We hung up and I impatiently packed my suitcase and stuff when I came back to my dorm.

To say Nicholas was upset that I was leaving would be a lie. He didn't even say goodbye.

The next day, I was well on my way to the apartment. It was exactly eight minutes away from college. Seven and a half if you don't stop to tie your shoes.

I adhered the building, which wasn't too big- three floors. I checked the address again, and it said '2nd floor, apartment D'. And that's where I was knocking on the door.

"In a second" he said from behind the door.

I heard a little shuffling and the door opened.

"Oh no. Not you" Ryder said, his face sporting a horrified look.

"Hi roomie!"

Hope you guys like it! Tell me what you think x.

Make sure to read my other stories that happen in the same universe, and follow me on Instagram for updates and other shit @ Rivertownaiden.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.6K 798 15
Seventeen years old Sam Adams doesn't do well with people. He prefers staying home on the weekends and staying away from parties. He has only one fri...
192K 9.6K 84
The new, geeky kid in school gets partnered with a popular jock in biology. He believes that geeks and jocks can't be friends until this particular j...
522K 33.3K 32
Adam is a Neet. He never leaves his apartment unless he absolutely has to. He holes himself up, only giving attention to his comics and cartoons. How...
37.6K 1.4K 30
"I hate you - so much Tripp." More confusion because, once more, wasn't this a good thing? "Why did you have to say that? What if," A little quieter...