Hostage

Av Chaymurphy

[Highest ranking:#238 in romance,#407 in death] A hostage without chains. That was the weight of the crowns w... Mer

The Monroe Party
The Monroe Party (II)
Drowned
The Talk
Guarantee
Truths
The Price.
The Invitation
AUTHORS NOTE
Death Is All Around You
Gone, Gone, Gone!
Broken
The Bright Side
Here's To Family
Ready When You Are
The Announcement.
Wide Awake
What's your Story?
Marshall Arts School
Ruby
The Fortune Teller
Strangers.
The Best Friend
A New Life
The day it all began
Additional chapter
Gone
Envelope
Secret Admirer
Imperfect Illusion
Oxford university
Words
Reopening scars
Thinking Out Loud
Another Gone
The Detective
Back To The Start
You Don't Belong Here
Party At O'Riley's
Stuck In A Nightmare
Anything In This World
The Perfect Moment
I Still Care About You
Foreigners
School Trip
Revealing Secrets
Bahamas
Lowkey Talking
Moments
Does He Make You Happy?
Vana Illusíon
Revenge Stunt Gone Wrong
I Thought That We Were Forever.
Lost
Favourites
I Choose You.
Comouflage
Love Is Sacrifice
Bad For You
Bandanas
Truths Come Out.
Nothing Else Matters
Hickey(s)
Fuck Family
The Beginning
Make Things Better
If I Tossed A Coin
Just Maybe
A Whole New World
Monster
The Second First Time
Hot and Cold
On The Rocks.
This Isn't Netflix
Because He Loves Us
Ruled Off
A Step Closer
Everyone Has A Story.
What Tells A Story More Than A Painting?
It All Goes Downhill.
The Sad Reality
Whiskey And Kisses
If You Love Me
Certainty
One Step Forward,Ten Steps Back.
A Piece Of You
Hades
One For All
Hurting
The End Of It All
The End Of It All (II)
If I Have You
Unconditional Love
Psychotic Jason
Redemption
10:20AM
Dre Lives On
Final Chapter
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter II
Bonus Chapter III
Bonus Chapter IV

Together Forever

4K 153 4
Av Chaymurphy

Kimberly's POV

I checked my phone for the umpteenth time. Still no calls or massages from Isabel. I wanted to call her so bad but she had said she needed some space. I was beginning to worry. Really worry . I had never seen her that way before. Even when I had told her I was moving away .We were sixteen then and she was mad as hell but she showed up at my doorstep the next morning grinning and said "together forever".
Izzy lost her parents when she was three. She was raised in an orphanage and she ran away when she was twelve. I have no idea how we became so close but if there was one thing I was sure of, I couldn't live without her in my life right now.
I stared at the girl in the mirror and then drew in a deep breath. If Izzy was here right now, breath taking was what she would say. But she wasn't. I reached for the box and then opened it. I got out the ring and drew in a deep breath. I stared down at it for a moment before I slid it into my finger.

I was officially engaged.

The doorbell rang. I looked down at my wristwatch.
Seven PM.

I reached for the doorknob and then pulled it open. Paul.

Damn, he was punctual.

He stared at me for a while, his eyes saying "You clean up well."

"Miss Hastings." He said after a moment of silence.

"Let me get my bag. I'll be right back. "I cut him off, unsure of what he was going to say next. He nodded. "Please come in." I extended the opening of the door. "If you want." I added. I saw a hidden smile cross his face and then he walked in.

"I'll be right back." I walked into my room.

Ruby's POV

"Welcome" The Butler greeted me with a kind smile almost as soon as he pulled the door open. I offered him a small smile as I let my gaze run through the house. My jaw dropped. Everything about the house screamed wealth. My eyes moved from the silver chandeliers that hung above the room, the white walls, the white Persian rugs, and then the sunpan Bugatti grain leather sofas. The curtains were dark, giving the sitting room a cozy mixture of black and white. Paintings adored the walls. A smile of recognition crossed my face when I recognized one of them.

Duo Stulti.

I remembered it from the exhibition party.

"Oh, for the love of God Ruby, you don't have to look so awestruck. You've seen better." Mothers' voice pulled me out of my fantasy.
"And I've always told you, square your shoulders." She continued. "You don't want people to think you're deformed." She continued. The sight of the doorman roll his eyes as he helped her out of her coat brought a smile to my face.

"Hear something funny Ruby?" She shot me a sharp look. My smile faded.

"No mother." I lowered my gaze.

"Good." She cleared her throat.

Eleanor Kent although she didn't know it, was the most intimidating woman on the planet. A three time winner of "Miss America". she had married her college boyfriend, Martin Kent. From what I heard, Dad wasn't much when they met but as most people say, behind every successful man is a beautiful woman.

Together, they had built an empire and we lived as one happy family until their divorce last year.

I missed him so much and despite how much mother pretended not to care, I know she did too. The divorce came as a shock to the both of us and it literally tore her apart.
The doorman shot me an apologetic look as he helped me out of my coat. I faked a smile and then inhaled.

"Ruby!" Someone approached us. I whirled around quickly. Roxanne Monroe moved towards us all dolled up in a short flawless maroon coloured dress. She had a complete make up on and her smile was simply contagious.

"I'm so glad you could make it." She bat her eyelashes as we exchanged kisses.

If you'd ask me though, coming here took a lot of guts.

Especially after what I did.

But thank God the victim remembered nothing from that night.

She smelled so good!

"You must be Eleanor Kent." She exchanged kisses with mother too.

"Roxanne Monroe." Mother nodded.

"Please call me Roxi" She flashed mother another of her charming smiles and then turned to me. "The rest of my family's dying to meet the person who saved my brother's life." Her eyes met mother's gaze. "And her mother of course." She paused. "Please follow me." She held my hand and then led me further into the house. I saw a look of disapproval cross mothers face and in that moment I realized Mum didn't like her very much.

"Come on, come on-" Roxi squealed excitedly as she pulled me towards a glass door. I stole a quick glance at mother who had occupied herself with one of the paintings on the wall. "Jase is dying to meet you." she pulled the door open. I froze.

"Jase-" My voice dried off. That name rang a familiar bell in my head reminding me why I had been invited to dinner with the Monroe's in the first place.

Jason Monroe.

The guy who saved my life-ish.

"I-" I opened my mouth to speak.

"Ruby Kent." A voice called from behind us, making me jump. I whirled around quickly and I suddenly stopped breathing. "My saviour." He moved closer till he was standing right in front of us, a sly grin on his face.

Breathe Ruby.

I inhaled deeply and then exhaled, trying my best to avoid his gaze.

"I've been dying to meet you." he continued. "Roxi can you give us a minute?" He said after a moment of silence, his gaze never leaving me as he spoke. Roxi looked at him for a moment and then looked at me. I wanted to shake my head and beg her to stay but I managed a smile.

"Be on your best behavior, Jason." Roxi tapped his shoulders before she walked away. I turned to him and then exhaled.

"I'm really sorry. This must be really uncomfortable for you. "I cleared my throat. He stayed quiet for a moment, his eyes taunting me. "I'm glad you're doing okay. "

Glad you're doing okay? Is that really the best you can do, Ruby?

He exhaled loudly and then pursed his lip.

"Can you please tell what exactly happened that night?" He raised an eyebrow. "Quick question, did I talk about loosing everything I lived for?"

Fuck me.

"Did I apologise before I jumped off? Did I call you by your name?" He raised his hand to scratch his head. "I don't quite remember. It's all a blur."

He was playing me, cornering me.

Waiting for me to bite the bait.

I smiled uncomfortably and then took a step backwards.

"Look, I'm really sorry about what happened." I rubbed my hand against the fabric of my dress. "It's all just a big misunderstan-"

"Why?" He cut me off. I raised an eyebrow and then managed a stiff laugh. He frowned. "Because of you, my entire family thinks I tried to off myself. Give me a reason why you were on that bridge." He rose an eyebrow. I frowned.

"Its none of your business. I apologized." I shrugged.

"And the world is back to rainbows and unicorns because you said sorry, isn't it?" he rose an eyebrow and then clicked his tongue. "You told a bloody lie Ruby Kent, one I so happen so be involved in. I'm giving you one last chance to explain yourself."

"I don't owe you an explanation."

"I think you do. I saved your fucking life." he snapped.

"I didn't ask you to." I snapped back. I knew I was being an ass but if you thought about it, I wasn't entirely at fault.

Okay, maybe I was... just a little.

"And just so we're clear-" I took a bold step towards him. "I saved your life."
He looked at me for a moment before a sly smile covered his face.

"Fine." He grinned, showing off the perfect dimples on each sides of his face. "This is how you want to play?" He rose an eyebrow in a quizzical manner. I shrugged and then shifted my gaze. "Well, you've got to be really lucky because I happen to like games Ruby Kent and I think I would like to play with you."

Play with me?
What the hell was this guy talking about?

"Inside these four walls, you will get all the attention you can for saving my life. But outside these walls-" He moved towards me. Now it was my turn to cringe. I took a step back and another until I felt my back hit the wall. My fingers curled around a slim flower vase on the table beside me.

And trust me, I wasn't afraid to use it.

"Hell, outside these walls, Ruby Kent,I will destroy you."

Ruby Kent...

Ruby Kent....

Ruby Kent....

Why on earth did he keep calling me that?

I rose my chin in a defiant manner.

"It's a pity we won't be seeing each other after today."

"I'm pretty sure we would be seeing each other everyday after today."

My brows dropped.

"What are you talking about?"

"It means you, Ruby Kent,have been marked by me. And I just happen to never go away." He said and with that, he stepped away from me.

"Bon appetite." He grinned and then walked away. I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding.

What the hell had I gotten myself into?

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the support. Don't forget to vote and comment.
Love you all!

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

390 48 58
[A STAND-ALONE NOVEL] Welcome to Natalia's high school manual! Yup, she's just your average normie student. And nope, this is definitely not...
53.5K 781 38
This is my first story sooo🤨 He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...
7.8K 285 34
Highest rank: #208 high school sweethearts Meet Avery White. Her parents are loaded, and she has the perfect life. She doesn't know it but she's beyo...
2.2M 78.6K 58
Twenty-one and ready to take on the world, orphan Lizzie Gold didn't expect her chance encounter with a stranger to lead to a damnable task - to take...