The Perv and The Nerd: Wish C...

By Kurisu-chan_15

Melody Jade Winterson She was always the quiet loner in high school, known by her innocence and brains; she w... More

♠ Author's Note ♠
Prologue
Chapter 1: Unpacking
Chapter 2: First Morning Together
Chapter 3: Happy Life
Chapter 4: The Goods
Chapter 5: Belongs To Me
Chapter 6: Jealousy
Chapter 7: He's here!
Chapter 8: Effin' Doctor
Chapter 9: Pillow Defense
Chapter 10: Sauce Stained Lip
Chapter 11: Disaster
Chapter 12: To Love Somebody
Chapter 13: Unfeminine
Chapter 14: Leaving
Chapter 15: A Mess
Chapter 16: Extended
Chapter 17: Lonely
Chapter 18: Black Shirt
Chapter 19: Disturbed
Chapter 20: Ride of My Life
Chapter 21: I Hate You
Chapter 22: Leave
Chapter 23: Brighter Outcome
Chapter 24: My Miracle
Chapter 25: Red Dress
Chapter 26: Chocolate Bonbons
Chapter 27: Morning Surprise
Chapter 28: Markings
Chapter 29: Secret Plans
Chapter 30: More Secrets
Chapter 31: Caller I.D.
Chapter 32: Kelly's Place
Chapter 33: Don't tell Jade
Chapter 34: Dressing Up
Chapter 35: Christmas Party
Chapter 36: Exchanged Gifts
Chapter 37: Fancy Dinner
Chapter 38: Confession
Chapter 39: Merry Christmas
Chapter 40: Single's Night
Chapter 41: I Do
Chapter 42: After the Wedding
Chapter 43: Paris
Chapter 44: Sweet
Chapter 45: Bad Omen
Chapter 46: Nausea
Chapter 47: News
Chapter 48: Names
Chapter 49: Gifts
Chapter 50: Booty Call
Chapter 51: Emergency
Chapter 52: Pulmonary Fibrosis
Chapter 53: Good & Bad News
Chapter 55: Three Days
Chapter 56: Decisions
Chapter 57: Drinks
Chapter 58: Reminisce
Chapter 59: Birth
Epilogue
== Congratulations~! ==
~ Next Book!!! ~

Chapter 54: Special Cookies

945 51 10
By Kurisu-chan_15

(Some time two months ago...)

"Chris~!" I call out to my loving husband in the kitchen who is desperately trying his best at trying to make a healthy dessert for me to eat.

"Just a minute Jade~! It's almost done~." he sings out, making me giggle. I couldn't help his childishness and had to peak into the kitchen to see how things were, because he told me he wanted to surprise me.

I remember talking to him about it last night saying I was craving for some sweets like cookies, ice cream or cake, but I was afraid if it would affect the baby badly. Although I did say that I would do some research on it, he insisted that he do the research and surprise me with a deliciously healthy dessert just for me.

Entering the kitchen, I nearly wanted to faint. "Chris..." my voice hoarse like a zombie.

"Jade!" Chris exclaimed in shock, "I told you to wait in the living room." he says and laughs nervously.

I can't help getting him acting all tense now, because Chris knows I have a bit of OCD in me; and this kitchen, I don't know if its a kitchen at all. Seeing dirty pots and pans plastered on the table and in the sink, ladles here and there, batter practically on every table and island, things were hectic.

"You will be cleaning up when you finish, right?" I tell him with a menacing smile.

"Yes ma'am! Leave it all to me!" he salutes in a straight figure as he smiles at me nervously.

"Good." I snob in a tsundere-like way.

"And Jade?" Chris calls out and I face him with a 'yeah'. "The kitchen may look like this throughout the entire process, but believe me, what I made doesn't look like that at all. I made it with all my heart, so I'm hoping you'll enjoy it."

I release a happy sigh and say to Chris before retreating to the living room, "Alright. But clean up while you're waiting for it to bake."

"On it!" he beams and starts to gather up all used tools and utensils and heads for the sink. I, myself, head towards the couch to watch some TV.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"-de?"

Hm?

"Jade?" I hear someone calling out to me.

I then properly sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, "I'm sorry Chris, I guess I fell asleep there." I say as he smiles at me and gives me a kiss on my forehead.

"It's alright babe! I already cleaned the kitchen, and the cookies just need a bit more time to cool off before you can take a bite out of one." he says, acting all chipper.

"So the kitchen looked like that for just a cookie?" I snickered.

"Just a cookie?!?!!"  he gasps, "I am offended! They are not 'just cookies'. No! They are Applesauce Oatmeal Raisin Cookies~! Perfectly delicious and perfectly healthy~!" he sounds so bubbly as he perks up with pride and satisfaction in his creation.

I snorted and teased him, "Well see after I taste them later on~!"

"I'll make you eat your words Jade~!" he laughs in a boastful manner, which just makes me giggle at how ridiculous we were both being right now, but I felt so at ease.

"Hey." I ask as Chris reaches out to get the remote control as the TV was apparently turned off while I was sleeping. "Have you thought about any names for our child yet?"

"Actually, I have some in mind. But one really captures me for the girl's CJ. I can only think about this name pairing so much."

"Hmm... Let's hear it. I have something in mind for the boy's MJ as well."

"Hehe. Yeah... Well... For the girl... I was thinking that I wanted to have both our names embedded into the child's name. But I was afraid it was too common and that a unique name would be better?" he said as he scratched the back of his neck, not sounding too confident.

"It's the meaning behind the name that makes it special." I tell him with a humble smile.

"Well... I wanted my nickname 'Chris' in it and your 'Jade', but I kinda thought that would be a weird combination for a name for a child, and I wouldn't want them to get bullied for such a name, so I thought of the meanings of our names and thought about similarities."

"Yeah?" I asked, enthusiastic about hearing the name, but the explanation more.

"'Jade, it is a precious gemstone, right?" he asks and I nod and he continues, "I thought about a precious gemstone that has 'Chris' in it too. Maybe not the exact spelling, but the same pronunciation. Also, for the J part of the name, I found a unisex one that has both 'Jay' and 'Jade' in it."

"Let's hear the name then~!" I beam out in excitement.

"Crystal Jayden Calderson. How does it sound?" he says as I can see his cheeks flushing a little in a light shade of pink.

"'Crystal Jayden Calderson'. That sounds nice for our baby girl. And she has a bit of us in her~."

"Ahem." Chris coughed and mumbled, "I say she already has all of us in her. Since she is made from us." I then feel my cheeks heating up at such embarrassing words and I threw punches on Chris' shoulder out of it.

"Stupid Chris!!!" I scream out and he starts laughing as he defends himself.

"Hahaha! ... So? What about the little boy's name?"

I paused at punching him and stare. I then looked away thinking my names weren't as nice and didn't come close to how he put together the girl's name. So I explained, "Well, it was hard to come up with boy names with the M and J that resembled our names, but I have one in mind."

"True true. The M is hard." mutters Chris.

"Well, in the M, it has my 'Mel' and in the J it has the sound of 'Jay' and it was the best name pairing I could ever think of."

"I still want to hear it. It's probably nice." Chris encourages me.

I then look away as I quietly say the name out, "Melvin Jace Calderson."

There was a quiet pause before Chris opened up, "What's so bad about that name?" I then turned back to look at Chris and was shocked to see him with a happy smile. "You thought long and hard about that name and it does have our own names in it. It's a great name Jade. Honestly, it is!"

"Thank you Chris."

"No probs Jadey~!" he beams and I give him a kiss on the cheek and he then acts all shy, "Daw~! Thanks..."

"No problem-o Chris."

"Oh!" Chris then shouts, startling me in the process, "I think the cookies are ready to eat now~."

I sigh, "Don't scare me like that."

"Sowwy sowwy~." he says as he then makes his way to the kitchen and brings a plate of cookies into the living room. "They may look like plain oatmeal cookies, but I taste-tested them and they taste heavenly~!"

"Ehh~?" I say, then grab a hold of one cookie. First examining it, then smelling it, studying it, then taking a bite out of it.

"I feel so nervous. Being criticized for my baking. I followed a recipe on the internet for this too." Chris mumbles as I shut him out and let the cookie fill my taste buds with its goodness. It's not too sweet and not too dull. It has the right texture and its simply divine.

"Chris." I start, and I see him gulp in anticipation, "You did an amazing job~." I say with a big thumbs up.

[Chris' P.O.V.]

"Really?! I haven't tried the finished product! Feed me one~." I beg as I start to say 'Ahh~' while waiting for Jade to put the cookie into my mouth, and once I had taken a bite out of it, my eyes widened in amazement.

"I never thought I was this amazing." I said, not trying to sound boastful.

"Pfft! Let's not be full of ourselves now, shall we Chris?" Jade giggles.

"Ehehe~! But I'm shocked how good it turned out when this is my first time making this."

"Well, you have cooking experience, and if you followed the recipe step by step, you're bound to get it right."

"Well, eat all you want Jade, and we'll save the rest for other days."

"I'll take two for now, thanks."

"Then I'll take just one."

After that, we just spent time talking about the process I went through while cooking. It was a simple topic, but it was a good and interesting one for the both of us. Jade even said she'll try to follow that recipe some time in the future too.

(Back to the present...)

I then snapped out of my dreaming from the cold drop I felt that fell on my hand. I hadn't realized that I was crying.

It's the second day that Jade has stayed in this hospital and hasn't woke up yet. I'm afraid that she might be unconscious for a week like how I was when I was in my state. But I pray for that not to happen.

Maybe I was too broken, that my mind started drifting off to the happy thoughts of the past to try and weave my breaking heart. I am trying to not be too negative and think that Jade and little Crystal or Jace will get through this. I just know they will.

And maybe when all ends well, you can bake those special cookies for me, Jade.

_________________________

Hey Guys~!!!

The names of the kids are revealed~. What do you think of my name combinations and meanings? :3 I hope it was okay? And this episode is kinda sad to read right now, considering their situation... TT^TT Hang in there Chade~!!!

Thanks and please continue to Support + Share + Vote + Comment on #TPaTNWCT~! :D

Don't keep quiet and share your thoughts~! :3

~Kurisu-chan ;*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 53.6K 53
[COMPLETED] Autumn Cross is now in 12th grade at her new school, Willington High, with only one goal in mind: passing the 12th grade and going to a g...
281K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...
8.3K 478 36
Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections Book 4- The Best Friend's Deal (...
1.7K 219 30
**COMPLETED** (NOT TOTALLY EDITED.., SO PLEASE IGNORE MY MISTAKES.) What happens when 2 long lost lovers come across each other after 10 fuckin' year...