Struggles ✔

By ReadsbyAB

Everybody goes through struggles, but nobody should go through them alone. That's why for Alexa Brians, she t... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76.
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
E P I L O U G E
Author's Note
A Special Message...(Please read; Very important)

Chapter 48.

8.7K 295 30
By ReadsbyAB

Alexa's POV

Cole has been very busy lately because the state championships were coning up. Coach would usually make me go to practice because he needed another person's opinion...that and he needed someone else to talk to.

Alyssandra started school not to long ago and it seems as if people remember her. She's been growing popular. Even though she is popular, she hangs out with me and the girls. I updated the girls about what happened. They ,like me, went through a roller coaster of emotions. In the end, they were happy that I have a family now.

"Hey Alex!!"  Jess calls out to me. The girls all run up to me.

"Hey guys! What's up?" I ask

"Can we join you today? To practice." Hailey asks

"Sure! I don't think Coach will mind." I say

"Well I actually have to join the cheerleaders" Alyssa says

"You got in?"

"Yup!!!"

"That's great!!" I say

We talk all the way to the field. Once we get to the field, Alyssa parts from us to go with the cheerleaders. The team was still in the changing room so we were pretty early.

"Soooo....Hailey...." I smirk at her

"Yes?"

"How are you and Damien?" I ask. Her face turns bright red, making Jess and I laugh.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" she mumbles

"Uh huh. You might as well tell us now Hails" Jess says

"Well...he asked me to be his girlfriend not so long ago...." she says with a big smile

"WHAT?!?!" We yell

"I guess I forgot to tell you guys" she smiles sheepishly

"SUCH AN IMPORTANT PIECE OF INFORMATION, AND YOU FORGOT TO TELL US?!?!" Jess yells. I burst out laughing, making them turn their heads to me.

"This feels like déjà vu" I say. The girls realize what I'm saying and burst out laughing too.

"What's so funny here?" Chase asks as he and the boys came closer to us.

"Hello" Cole whispers in my ear. I smile and whisper a soft hello back.

"You remember when Alex forgot to tell me about her and Cole finally getting together?" Jess asks her boyfriend.

"Yeah." Chase nods

"Well it happened again. Hailey forgot to tell us that she and Damien are finally a couple. Then I said the exact same thing I told Alex." She chuckles

"Déjà vu much?" Chase chuckles as he randomly kisses her cheek

"Wait. You're going out with that Damien, guy?" Robin speaks up. He was looking intently at Hailey.

"Uhm yeah" Hailey blushes. Robin takes a glance at me then looks back at Hailey. He nods his head at her. Awkward silence starts to fill the air, but it is immediately broken by my laughs. They all turn to look at me.

"Cole!!!" I say. The dude just laughs his ass of before tickling me mercilessly. I fall to the ground, making it easier for him to tickle me.

"NO! PLEASE HAVE MERCY!!! STOP IT COLE" I manage to yell. He just laughs and continues to do so. After what seems like an hour- when it was just a minute or two- he finlly stops. I glare at him,making him chuckle.

"I just wanted to hear your laugh. I miss your laugh." He says sheepishly

"You didn't have to torture me" I whine

"Now where's the fun in that?" He says

Our friends shake their heads at us. Even though they were shaking their heads, they had a smile on their faces.

The sound of a whistle, breaks the moment. Coach calls over the whole team. Cole sighs ,and gives me a hug and kiss before running off to Coach. The cheerleaders soon come out of their changing room and immediately some guys have their eyes on them. Wolf whistles can now be heard.

Cole and Chase keep hitting the head of those guys who stare. They try to make everyone focus on what Coach was saying. Just as Chase was about to hit Robin, Robin catches his hand. He looks at Chase dead in the eye and tells him something. They then look at the confused Cole next to them. They all talked for a while. Cole's face was hard and cold. Chase's face was also like that, and Robin just looked like himself.

I remember that look on Cole's face. He gave me that same look when I would pass by or when he'd see me. It was a look of hatred and anger combined with annoyance. It used to amuse me, but now it worries me. Especially when I see where/ who they're looking at. That look was directed to my twin, Alyssa.

The whole team looks at where they were looking. They all go into shock. One of them tells something to Cole, making him stiffly nod.

Coach soon gets back everyone's attention. He starts making them do more of the drills as punishment for not paying attention. He looks over at my direction and signs for me to go over to him. I make my way to him.

"Alexa, dear,I think you should talk to Cole,Chase and Robin" he says. I look at him in shock and confusion.

"Why?" I ask

"Please just do it." He replies. I nod my head. Coach calls over the three and they make their way over to us. The look never left their face. It scared me seeing all three of them like this.

"Yes, Coach?" Cole asks. His voice mirrored his face. Cold and Hard.

"Don't come back till you wipe that look off your faces." Is all Coach says before walking back to the team. They all look at me intently. I look down uncomfortably. None of us are talking. After a few minutes go by, I take a deep breath and look at them. They were glaring in Alyssa's direction again.

"Excuse me" I cough. They all look at me, and I  flinch at their hard glaze but try not to show it.

"If you're done glaring, maybe you could tell me why the fuck you're glaring." I say. I try not to show tha I'm scared of them.

To be honest, I was always scared of them. I just never showed it because it would make them bully me even more.

"Do you know her?" Robin says as he points at Alyssa

"Yeah. Alyssandra. She's new here" I say

"Bullshit. She used to go here but then disappeared and left with no goodbye or any contact whatsoever." Chase grits his teeth

"She's a straight A bitch." Robin swears

"No she's not!!! She's a very nice person" I defend my twin

"Fuck. No." Chase says

"What even is your problem with her?! You've been giving her the death glare ever since you saw her. What did she ever do?!" I exclaim

"A lot." Cole speaks up for the first time. He sounded angry yet calm at the same time. His voice was distant and passive, as if he was just brushing me off.

"Now, we have to get back to practice." He continues.

"Wait!"

"Just drop it Alexa." Cole says. My heart stops. He has never called me Alexa. It felt as if he was pushing me away again. To me, this really mattered. It hurts me a lot. It seems they don't care though, as they all leave without another word.

I blink a few times. I didn't let any of the anger or sadness get to me. I stared at them blankly before walking back to the girls. They looked at me with questioning looks, but I ignored them. I grabbed my stuff and left the school immediately.

.
.
.

"Thanks for helping me close up, Al." Jordan smiles widely at me.

"It's no problem. I don't wanna go home yet anyway" I shrug. I really did NOT want to face Cole. I turned off my phone when I left. They were gonna be cold to me? Fine. Two can play in this game.

"You still don't wanna go home?" He asks. I nod my head, making him grin. He locks up the café and grabs my hand. He picks me up and places me on his shoulders. I giggle loudly

"WOOHHH!!! I'M 10 FT TALL!!!!" I yell in glee. He laughs and walks around with me on his shoulders.

"I didn't bring my car today, so I'm just walking." He grins

"You?!" I exclaim

"Yup!!! You didn't think I was letting you down, did you?" He asks with a teasing grin

"Jordan, Noooooooooo. I'm heavy." I whine

"Hey. Have you seen these muscles?" He flexes one arm.

"No, I haven't" I joke

"Okay. I'm putting you down." He lifts me up and puts me down.

"Awww. Don't be madddd" I cooed while pinching his cheeks. He playfully glares at me.

Jordan slings his arm on my shoulders and we talk all the way home. We took the very long way home. We spent the whole time talking and laughing with each other. We made some pit stops on the way. We bought some stuff in shops that were just about to close.

By the time we reached home it's already 7pm. We ate some dinner before coming here, which is why we took another hour. Originally the route we took would take us here by 6, but since we ate dinner and had some pit stops, we arrived at 7.

"Today was super super fun. You should seriously lock up with my more often" Jordan laughs

"I know right!!!" I exclaim

"Mkay. Well, I'm gonna call a cab because I'm actually really tired right now." He chuckles

"Hey. You're the one who suggested we took the longest way possible." I say

"Well I missed hanging out with you, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity." He shrugs

"I missed hanging out with you too. We'll try to hang out more often, I promise." I say

"Pinky swear?"

"Pinky swear" I laugh and hook my pink around his.

He gives me a big hug and kisses my forehead.

"Bye Alex!" He says as he walks off

"Bye Jordie!!! Be safe!!!" I smirk at the nickname he hates so much

"Fuck you!!!" He yells. I laugh in response. I walk inside, only to be greeted by 3 angry guys. I completely ignore them and walk straight to my room. Well at least I tried

"Alex." Chase calls out to me. I turn around and face them.

"Where the fucking hell have you been? The girls said you just left. You haven't answred your phone. You haven't given us a friggin sign that you were alive. We went to the café and to the bar, but you weren't there." Chase says

"I was at the café. I just didn't show myself to you." I say

"Why." Cole speaks up.  His eyes were digging into my soul.

"Because I don't want to talk to you." I simply say

"Why? We didn't do anything wrong?!" Robin exclaims

"Yes. Of course. Because being a complete asshole to someone who just wants to help and understand you is definitely not wrong."  I say sarcastically. Immediately, their faces drop and turn into complete guilt. I scoff and start to walk away.

"Wait!" Cole calls out, just like how I did earlier.

"Just drop it Reynolds." I say, just like how he did earlier

////////////////////

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 5.9K 78
And we're back! But this time we're looking into the lives of the younger siblings: Alyssa Phoenix, Julianna and Jade Ramirez, and their best friend...
619 42 16
When Olivia was 5 her and her parents moved to another street in England, and Alex, the neighbors son who was 7years old, was the only one in the nei...
150 11 13
He was new and wasn't out to look for friends. He wanted to make enemies. Having transferred school's several times he was fed up Finding friends wa...
61.7K 1K 59
[ now featured on wattpads official young adult reading list ] "You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter." No people in Eastwood, West...