Love-Hate [COMPLETE]

By darxkrai

Unpopular Zelda was a girl in the shadows. Popular Link was always leading the crowd. They were nothing alike... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five (Final)
Epilogue

Chapter Three

5.1K 125 256
By darxkrai

"Wakey-wakey!" Agitha screeched, flipping on the lights, then proceeding to hit me with her pillow.

I moaned, holding my arms above my eyes, shielding them from the bright lights. "What time is it?"

"Seven."

I sat up, my messy brown hair sticking up everywhere. I frowned. "Why are we getting up so early?" I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

"The game is at Castle Town," Agitha said, brushing her hair. "That's almost three hours away."

My eyes widened. "Three hours? Why is the game so far away?"

Agitha shrugged her shoulders. "Dunno. Everyone just said to come, though, so I am."

I rolled my eyes. "Who even invited you?"

Agitha smiled. "Midna."

I was shocked. "Midna? Really? Why would she of all people invite you to the boys' championship soccer game?"

Agitha seemed in a daze. "I dunno... Maybe she really does want to be my friend?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I say it's a trap."

Agitha gasped and looked at me. "What? Maybe she's just trying to be nice by inviting us to the game."

I shook my head. "It seems weird, first of all. I mean, a soccer game that's three hours away? That hasn't happened in, like, four years for our school." I yawned.

Agitha rolled her eyes. "Zel, come on. When was the last time we were invited to be with the popular people?"

"Do you only care about popularity?" I asked.

"Do you just not want to go?" Agitha said. "Because I wanted you to tag along with me."

I moaned. "Fine! I'll go. But you're buying me food along the way."

Agitha smiled. "Okay with me!"

I laughed. "Okay, then. So, when are we leaving?"

Agitha set her brush down into her bag. She looked at me and giggled. "Now!"

"Wait, what?" I stood up quickly and took her brush back out of her bag, brushing my hair quickly. "Hold up just a sec, let me finish getting ready."

Agitha smiled. "So you do care about looks after all, do you?"

"Well... If Link's gonna be there..." I mumbled ever so quietly.

However, of course Agitha heard me. "Yes! So you do like him!"

I blushed a bit. "Uh, no," I began, trying to think of an excuse. "I hardly know him."

Agitha sighed. "Pshh, who cares? You'll get to know each other."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. He'll be too busy with Ilia and his friends."

Agitha grabbed my arm. "Okay, lets go!"

"Wait!" I said, trying to get her off of me. "I need to put some decent clothes on!"

Agitha eyed my outfit. "Zel, you wear sweatpants and a sweatshirt everywhere you go." She smiled. "You'll be fine."

This comforted me. I smiled back. "Alrighty. Let's go!"

________________

After stopping at a drug store on the way to the soccer game, I opened up a can of soda and started drinking it. Agitha was driving her red car. I had my window rolled down, and we were blaring the radio, screaming the lyrics together.

"I'm not your princess!" We both sang along.

I turned down the radio and started laughing. "Gee, car rides with you are fun."

Agitha beamed. "I'm a fun person."

I nodded my head. "I know."

I paused for a moment.

"And buggy."

Agitha hit my arm, still keeping her eyes on the road. "I knew you were going to say that, jerk!"

I erupted in laughter. "Ha!"

We both laughed for a good while. Agitha turned the music down. "So, where do you want to go to for lunch? I'm paying."

"No," I began, "I'm paying. You paid for dinner last time we went out together."

"Whatever, I'll steal the check regardless," Agitha smirked. "Anyway, where to?"

"I don't care, whatever is fine with me." I smiled as I looked out the window. It was a beautiful day out, and I giggled when I saw a small white puppy with his head out of another car's window.

"You sure? How about a fast food restaurant, then?"

I nodded. "Okay, that's fine by me."

Then, Agitha turned the music back up, and we began yelling music lyrics once again.

_________________

"We're here!"

I jolted upright. "Huh?"

"You fell asleep, dummy," Agitha laughed, "about thirty minutes ago. But we're here now!"

I looked out the windshield with a skeptical look on my face. "The woods?"

Agitha was parked in a small parking lot directly in the middle of some forest. There were trees all around, and only a few other cars were nearby.

"Midna said to go through these trees, and the soccer stadium is right beyond there."

"I'm not buying it," I stated, leaning back in my chair.

"Zelda, please," Agitha begged. "Come on, it'll be fun!"

My head rolled to the right. "Agitha..."

"Zel, please!" She said, holding her hands up, clasped together.

I moaned loudly. "Fine!" I threw open the car door and stepped out, shutting the door behind me. Agitha laughed as she got out on her side. We both began walking into the woods together.

"So," Agitha said, nudging my arm with her elbow, "what're you going to say to Link when we see him? 'Thanks for helping me the other day, hottie! I have a huge crush on you!'

I shoved Agitha a little too hard. "I do not, not, not have a crush on him!"

Agitha smiled. "Sure you don't."

I grunted.

Agitha giggled. "Well, everything will be okay. I know it will."

Just when I was about to state my opinion on what Agitha had just said, I was pelted with what seemed to be a water balloon. Agitha screamed, and I looked over at her. Bunches of water balloons were being thrown at us. Agitha crouched to the ground, holding her hands over her head. I held one arm above my eyes, looking for the culprits.

"Who's there?" I yelled. "I swear, you'll pay for doing this-"

"Oh really?" A prissy voice answered. I knew who it was immediately. "You nerds can't do anything except program computers, let alone fight."

I scowled. "Ilia!"

She appeared from behind a tree, walking out with her hand on her hip, a water balloon in her right hand. She aimed it at me, and began cackling like a witch. "Link is mine, sweetheart, and if you ever come between us-"

"Where have you even gotten with him?!" Agitha stood up and yelled. "No where. You can't decide who Zelda can and can't like. Oh, are you afraid you have competition? I would be afraid, too. Zelda has a great personality, unlike your annoying and sassy one."

I looked over at Agitha, astonished. Did she really just snap at Ilia like that? I thought, surprised.

Ilia frowned. "Honey, what are you talking about? I'm the most popular one here, if you couldn't already tell."

Agitha laughed, long and hard. "You think popularity determines who someone likes. Think again, snake!"

I grabbed Agitha's forearm. She looked as if she was going to run over and pound Ilia's face to a pulp. "Don't." I mumbled.

"Zel, you can't just let her say these things-"

"Oh, but she can."

From behind another tree, Lana appeared, holding a giant basket full of water balloons.

I chuckled. "You think water can scare me? Well you thought wrong."

Ilia laughed. "But it will make you miserable."

Lana hurled a water balloon right at Agitha's face. Agitha fell down to the ground, in tears.

Ilia laughed. "See? She's not tough at all. She's just trying to put on the tough girl act for her whiny friend."

"Call me whiny, I could care less," I said, walking up to Ilia, "but hurt my friend, and you've ticked off the wrong person."

Ilia aimed another water balloon and threw it at my face. It bounced off of my forehead, landing onto the ground, still in tact, even after hitting both my face and the ground. My right hand began to warm up, strangely. I looked down at the back of my hand, furrowing my eyebrows. Was my hand gold?

Ilia stared at the balloon, as did I, completely dumbfounded. Midna appeared from behind another tree. However, she wasn't holding any water balloons.

"Guys, you should stop..." she mumbled, tugging at Ilia's shirt.

Ilia slapped her hand. "No!" She snapped. "We need to get back at these two!"

"But they did nothing wrong!" Midna's voice rose. She pushed her long black and orange hair out of her face. She walked over in front of me and held out her arms. "I'm sick and tired of this! You're fighting for no reason, Ilia, so stop!"

Ilia scowled. "Midna, get over here right now."

Midna shook her head. "Sorry, I can't do that."

"Midna..." I whispered. Was she really standing up for us?

"They didn't do anything," Midna continued. "So what if Zelda likes Link?"

"Link is mine!" Ilia stomped her foot.

I moved over beside Midna, quickly flashing her a smile, and she did the same. We both looked back out at Ilia. I picked up the water balloon that bounced off of my head, and tossed it in the air a few times. I threw the balloon right at Ilia, with every ounce of power I had. It hit her right in the chest, all over her designer t-shirt. She fell to the ground in shock, and screamed.

Lana ran over to her side and helped pick her up. Ilia pointed a finger at my face. "I'll kill you-"

"Hey girls!"

My eyes widened, and I spun around. There he was, waving his hand at us, acting totally casual.

"Oh, Link!" Ilia perked up. She smiled and straightened out her skirt. "What brings you here?"

Link walked up beside me, and then stopped. Agitha ran up on the other side of Midna, watching what was going on.

Link slung his muscular arm around my shoulders. "I think you should leave these ladies alone, Ilia. It's rude to be throwing water balloons at others without their consent."

Ilia smiled nervously. "Well, they shouldn't have been so nasty to me and my friends-" she paused after saying 'friends,' looked at Midna, and frowned. "Friend," she corrected herself.

Midna shrugged her shoulders. "I don't care. You guys seem nicer anyway." Agitha smiled, high-fiving Midna.

Link continued with a grin on his face. "Anyway, Ilia," Link looked down at me, however I turned my head away quickly, looking at Midna and Agitha. "I think you should go."

Ilia looked as if she would start growling at Midna any moment. Midna waved her hand sarcastically and began laughing, and Agitha high-fived her again.

Ilia and Lana stormed off back to the parking lot, and it suddenly got very quiet.

"So," Agitha said, grabbing my hand, seeing that I was in an uncomfortable situation with Link's arm still around my shoulder. "We're gonna go."

Link smiled sweetly. "Alright. Oh, and Zelda?"

I slowly looked up at him. "Yeah?"

He rubbed the back of his head and chuckled. "Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. I tried to get Ilia off your back as much as I could."

I blushed. "Uh, thanks, and, I guess it's okay."

Agitha turned around and faced them as we began walking back to the car. "She means she appreciates your help."

I hit Agitha's shoulder.

"What?" She laughed. "I had to translate for them. You're too confusing when you're nervous."

I hit her arm again.

Agitha waved to Midna, "I'll see you guys at school!"

I turned around, and Link was staring at me with a big grin on his face. I couldn't help but smile back. Agitha and I made it back into the car. I closed the door behind me and slumped down in my seat.

"So?" Agitha said smiling.

I blushed. "Shut. Up."

______________________

Finally updated again!! Thank you all for your sweet comments. I appreciate them all and try to reply to each and every one of you :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2M 232K 55
*TRAILER IN FIRST CHAPTER* One day whilst writing the next chapter for your latest fanfiction you get a message from kik saying that they read your f...
591K 9.1K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
2.6M 107K 36
Hermione Granger, Gryffindor's Good Girl, Head Girl, Cleverest Witch of her Age, Nice to even the lowest of the low, Charity starter, Best Friend, Sa...
320K 8.2K 49
Contains spoilers - gender neutral MC One hundred years ago, you took part in a prophecy of old. Having being gifted the ability to hear the voice of...