Doubt It Gets Better ● (Colby...

By amaka_alpha

Mersadies (Sadie) Royce had a pretty good life back when she was in middle school, but a tragedy had happened... More

Ch. 1 Tragedy
Ch. 2 Crush?
Ch. 3 Hurt
Ch. 5 Argument
Ch. 6 Confession
Ch. 7 Concern
Ch. 8 Denial
Ch. 9 Liar
Ch. 10 Cruel
Ch. 11 Guilt
Ch. 12 Okay?
Ch. 13 Agreed
Ch. 14 Party
Ch. 15 Accusation
Ch. 16 Trash
Ch. 17 Worthless
Ch. 18 Why?
Ch. 19 Confusion
Ch. 20 Help
Ch. 21 Cake
Ch. 22 Summer
Ch. 23 Throwback
Ch. 24 Friends?
Ch. 25 Unfair
Ch. 26 Misunderstood
Ch. 27 Homecoming
Ch. 28 Therapist
Ch. 29 Realization
Ch. 30 Change
Ch. 31 Understanding
Ch. 32 Hope
Ch. 33 End?
Ch. 34 Coma
Ch. 35 Remember
Ch. 36 Finals
Ch. 37 Senior
Ch. 38 Soccer
Ch. 39 Over
💥Author's Note💥
Sequel!!!!

Ch. 4 Accident

4.5K 86 43
By amaka_alpha

Next morning was a Saturday, yay! I woke up and noticed that my phone was ringing, so I answered.

"Hello," I said yawning.

"Hey Sadie," a familiar voice answered back.

"Oh morning Colby."

"Well it's actually afternoon, but morning."

I glance at the clock which read 12:43pm, "Oh I slept that late?"

"Yup, you need to wake up cause I wanted to hang out with you today."

"Uh--"

"You don't have any plans, do you?"

"Actually no."

"Okay I'm right in front of your house, so get ready."

"Wait you're here?" I asked getting up to look out the window.

"Yah, I rode my bike."

I looked out the window and spotted him on the sidewalk with his bike, talking on the phone. He then looked up to where I was and waved.

"Okay I'll be ready in like 15 minutes." I said walking away from the window.

"Bring your bike too."

"Okay gotchu, bye."

"Peace."

I ended the call and got ready.

About 20 minutes later I went downstairs and was about to leave when my mom called me.

"Sadie, where are you off too?" She asked while sitting down at the kitchen table.

"Umm, Colby and I were going to go biking, so......" about to step out the door.

"Well there's leftover pancakes and bacon on the counter because you slept in later than you usually do."

"I can eat later--"

She gave me a stern look.

"Fine but I'm just having a little bit cause Colby's waiting for me outside."

When I said that, she stood up and walked to the door opening it.

"You can come in, she's going to take a little while." She yelled to Colby.

Seconds later, Colby came in heading straight to the food. I was grabbing a bacon to eat, when he grabbed it at the same time, ripping it in half. We both looked at each other, bacon in hand and I purposely threw it at his face but missed.

He gave me the are-you-serious look and tried to keep a straight face. Out of no where a smile started to form at the same time and we burst out laughing.

I heard my mom cracking up too, we must have looked like idiots laughing our heads off.

We finally settled down and Colby sat down at the table with me, eating.

I actually ate a lot for once and after eating, Colby helped me wash and put away the stuff.

"I'm heading to work now," my mom said grabbing her keys.

"Okay. Oh and do you know where Jewls had gone off to?" I ask.

"I dropped her off at the library. Said she had some researching for school to do."

Colby snorted.

I laughed a little, "Say hi to Christine for me."

"I will, I'll see you guys later," she said kissing my head before leaving the house.

"She's not at the library is she?"

"Nope, not even."

"It just sound odd hearing, 'Jewls is at the library for school purposes.'" He laughes.

"I know right."

..........................................................

I got my black bike out of the shed and we started riding on the road passing Sam's house.

"Where's Sam, he usually rides with us," I ask turning a corner to the next street.

"He said that he was hanging out with a girl named Katrina or as I like to call her, Kat. She's a pretty cool chick."

"He got a girlfriend and he didn't even tell me, wow."

"Pretty sure he was gonna tell you soon."

"Yah I guess. She doesn't go to our school right?"

"No, her school's like 15 minutes away from ours."

"Oh okay......You think Bri would care cause you knew she kinda had a little crush on him?"

"She'll probably move on."

"I hope," I murmured feeling a little bad.

After a few minutes I started to breath hard having to slow down. Colby noticed and slowed down also. We came to a stop and went to the side of the road.

"You okay?" Colby asked, his eyes full of worry.

"Yah, I just have to catch my breath," I managed to say in between breaths.

"I'll go get my water," he said grabbing his water from where it was on his bike.

I took it and started gulping it down, not caring if I felt cramps after.

I regained my breath, "Thanks."

"No problem. You sure you're good?"

"Yah I'm fine now."

"So you're okay going to the mall for game shopping?"

"Yah lets go."

......................................................

We got to the mall and chained our bikes to a rack before heading in. We were walking to GameStop, when we saw Jewls and another boy walking the opposite way.

"Hey, isn't that Jewls and Justin over there?" Colby asked spotting them.

"Yah, that's weird, I don't know why they're at the mall together."

"Well let's go find out," Colby says dragging me over to them.

I thought they seemed surprised when they saw us.

"Hey. So what are you guys doing here.... you know....together?" I asked waiting for a reasonable explanation.

"Well I came here with my mom, didn't have a choice, and I did not wanna go to those shops with all the 'girly' stuff. But I spotted Jewls and actually had an excuse to leave. So since, we just talked and hung out here," Justin replied.

"Oh okay, makes sense," relieved that it wasn't anything else.

"What were you guys talking about though?" Colby asked.

Jewls hesitated before speaking, "Uh, just school stuff."

"Says the one who was supposed to be at the library," I said not believing it.

"I was done with my research, so I just went to the mall."

"So you guys were actually talking about school stuff?" I asked Justin.

"Uh--"

"Well?"

"Fine, you know what we were actually talking about?" Justin asked sounding annoyed.

"Yes," Colby and I said at the same time.

"I was asking Jewls about you Sadie."

"What?"

"Yah you know, what you like to do, favorite things...and.....pretty much stuff about you. Kinda creepy but I just wanted to know more about you if I were taking you out on another date." He said looking down.

I blushed, "Oh....sorry I didn't believe you."

"Yah... um.. I have to find my mom so I'll see you later. Bye Jewls......Colby." He said walking away.

"Now I don't have anyone to hang out with," Jewls murmured.

"You can hang out with us," I said hoping she'll say no.

"Yah like I'm gonna hang out with you people, bye." She said going the other direction.

"Why'd you even offer if you knew she was gonna say no?" Colby questioned.

"Wanted to be nice...... now let's go to GameStop," I said changing the subject.

Colby looked at me amused but followed me.

We got to GameStop and headed to the area with the Xbox One games. I turned around to ask Colby about a game when someone bumped into me and I fell on top of Colby inches away from his lips. Then I felt someone fall on top of me and my lips crashed against his lips. I kinda felt a spark when our lips touched, but I ignored it.

I didn't have the strength to get up cause the person on top of me was pretty heavy. After about 10 seconds, I felt the body slowly get off me and I could finally get off Colby, our lips pulling apart.

"I am so sorry!" a guy said when we stood up.

I turned around, "That's okay I didn't see you." The guy looked to be in high school with bright amber eyes and dark hair that looked really familiar.

"No no it's my fault, I wasn't watching where I was going."

"It's all goo--"

"No it's not. You know what, let me buy you a game."

"Nooo, you don't hav--"

"Already made my decision, so when you pick your game I'll be at the register," the guy said leaving.

I looked at Colby whose face was a little pink standing there with a dazed look. I shrugged and started to go through the games deciding on Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.

"The game finally came out?" Colby asked finally regaining his composure.

"Yup, and I actually get it for free," I said grinning.

We headed to the register and the guy was standing there.

"Nice choice," he said taking the game.

"Thanks."

He payed for it and handed it to me.

"Thank you so much..... and if you don't mind me asking, do you have a younger brother?"

"Yes, why?"

"Is his name Justin, Justin Brusa?"

"Yah actually, how'd you know?"

"Well you kinda look like him with the eyes and hair."

"Yah I guess, and you must be Jewls sister then?"

"Yes Mersadies or Sadie. How do you know my sister?" I asked taken aback.

"I saw her at the mall with my bro and she mentioned that she had an older sister."

"Oh."

"By the way name's Jake."

"Well nice meeting you and again, thanks for the game."

"No problem, I'll see you later maybe."

"Bye."

Colby and I left the shop and headed to the mall exit. We walked in silence thinking about the events that happened. Then Colby spoke.

"So about that....kiss......"

"Let's forget it ever happened," I said. I had Justin so I didn't wanna get involved with another person, especially Colby.

"Oh....okay," Colby said sounding disappointed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 36.6K 32
[C O M P L E T E D] crooked grins, sly hands, and one dangerous voice "Corbin Foxx. 18 years old. Spoiled snobby kid born with a silver spoon who thi...
208K 6.5K 66
❛ all the drama queens taking swings, all the jokers dressing up as kings, they fade to nothing when i look at him. and i know i make the same mistak...
1.2M 39.8K 46
[ Highest Rank: #3 Teen Fiction ] [ Highest Rank: #25 Romance ] ❇❇❇ Life's hard when you live next door to the High School Bad Boy that used to be...