Ours(Harry Potter Love Story)

By rainbow8649

Ever wondered what Harry Potter would be like if Harry had a best friend who was a witch, and lived with him... More

Ours(Harry Potter Love Story)
The Truth
WHAT?!?!
Inside the mind of a boy PART 1
Inside the mind of a boy PART 2
New Friends
Hogwarts
My First Day
The Practice
The Dreams
Fighting, Kicks and a Troll
Light In The Darkness
A Lesson Well Learned
Fluffy?!?
Nicholas Flammel
Detention with Hagrid
Down the Trapdoor We Go Part 1
Down the Trapdoor We Go Part 2
The House Cup & Going Home
Author's Note
Book 2: Chapter 1- I've been Kidnapped by Gingers!
The Burrow
Diagon Alley
Gilderoy Lockheart
Togetherness
Off to Hogwarts We Go!
Oh My Merlin They're in a Flying Car!
Spells, and Mandrakes, Howlers and...Lockhart, Oh Boy
Info Time
Justice
Exploring the Explanations

Love is Lovely

4.7K 115 62
By rainbow8649

MELODIA'S POV

The next morning, I woke up to the wonderful scent of lilies.

"Melody, it's time to wake up." I heard a familiar voice say. I rolled over onto my side and grumbled,

"Just five more minutes, mum." Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, only one person calls me Melody. And that's...

"Harry!" I shot up out of my bed, my eyes wide open. And there he was, sitting at the side of my bed with a smile, was my boyfriend, Harry Potter. I blushed, as I sat on my bed looking at him.

"So I see sleeping beauty's finally woken up." he said, the smile never leaving his face.

I blushed even deeper, then I realized what I was wearing and blushed even more if that was even possible by this point. And Harry just continued to sit there with his adorable smile still on his face. I looked to my right to see a dozen white lilies lying there, in a vase, on my nightstand. Lilies were my favorite kind of flowers, especially the white ones. I smiled, Harry knows me so well.

"Are those for me?" I asked, my smile never faltering.

"Well they're not for Invisible Bob are they?" he replied slyly. I rolled my eyes at his silliness,

"Well I hope not, otherwise we're gonna have to have a talk about that." I said, giggling. He smiled and picked me up bridal style. My blush came back, except I was even redder than before. However, regardless of my blush, I giggled and asked Harry, where exactly was he taking me? He just looked down at me, smiling wider and shook his head.

"Always so curious aren't you?"

"Well, you know me. Always poking my head into whatever captures my attention. Heh, but seriously. Where are we going?"

"Well first, you are going to get ready for school, then you'll come down and I'll escort you for the rest of the day."

"What's the occasion?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to do something nice for you."

"Harry, you always do nice things for me, even if you don't realize it. So you don't really have to do anything for me. Just you being the best you, you can possibly be is nice enough."

"Thanks, but I wanna do this for you. You're the best girlfriend a guy can have, and not only that you're my best friend. Sorry Ron."

I giggled, I've been doing that a lot lately, and it's always when I'm around Harry. Oh well I guess he really knows how to make me laugh.

"Anyways, you deserve this and even if you don't accept it, I'm still going to do this for you. And yes I know I don't have to, but I want to." he said, continuing to smile down at me.

I smiled back and nodded, seeing that there's no point in arguing with him. Once Harry sets his mind to something, there's no stopping him.

He gently set me down on the floor of the bathroom and disappeared back down to the common room, smiling with a wave. 'Man, I love that boy!' I thought with a huge smile on my face, as I rose from the bathroom floor to prepare for the new day ahead of me.

I quickly brushed my teeth, took a shower, re-dressed into my uniform, and brushed my hair. It was still curled, so I quickly flat ironed and brushed it again. I grabbed my bag, walked down the stairs and into the common room, to find Ron, Harry and Mione standing there waiting for me.

"Thanks for waking me up Mione." I said to her sarcastically.

"I thought it'd be sweeter if Harry woke you up." She replied with an innocent look on her face.

I rolled my eyes at her and replied,

"Yeah, was it that or the fact that I wouldn't wake up when you tried?" Her face turned from innocent to sheepish within seconds, and she gave me a grin as sheepish as her face. I just shook my head and linked arms with her. As we were walking out of the common room, I pulled Mione aside and whispered to her with a slight blush,

"But it was nice."

Mione just giggled and pushed me towards Harry. I stumbled a bit and ended up face planting into his chest. I blushed and quickly moved. Ron chuckled and moved up towards Mione. Harry held out his arm for me to grab onto, and I did so. He led me to the Great Hall and towards the Gryffindor table. Once there, we sat down and began to eat our breakfast.

This time, I managed to keep all of my breakfast, except for my toast, from Ron. But I didn't really care for toast, so it all worked out. Every time he tried to steal a piece of my breakfast, I slap his hand and glare at him. It wasn't until the forth time I hit him and glared, that he finally realized he wasn't getting any of my breakfast this time. He sat next to Mione with a pout, while continuing to eat his own breakfast.

We all burst out laughing at him, and soon he dropped the pout and laughed with us. When that died down, we finished our breakfast, all the while casually chatting with one another.

As we got up to leave the Great Hall, the same boy from the day before waved at me with a smile and a blush on his face. So of course, I waved back trying to be polite. Besides, he seems like a nice boy.

I grabbed Harry's hand as we exited the Great Hall. 'Well, he did say he was going to escort me everywhere today, so I might as well let him.' I thought while we were walking towards our first class.

Our first class today, was unfortunately with the Slytherins, and it was in the dungeons. The dungeons don't really bother me, and neither do most of the Slytherins. It's the potions teacher that really bothers me. I actually like potions class, I'm quite good at potions, they're really easy to do, and I'm a beginner! It's just the teacher, he always picks on Harry. I mean he picks on me too, but I just ignore it, I'm not really one to hold a grudge, but I can't say the same about him. He picks on Harry the most but occasionally he sends a few snide remarks towards me, but I always just retort back quietly, except for today. He said something very offending to me today, and it was so rude and mean, that I kinda lost control of my temper, and I yelled a huge retort back at him, which made him mad and before he could even deduct points from the Gryffindors, the bell rang and I grabbed my bag and stomped out the door fuming.

Harry, Ron and Mione rushed out after me. My temper was slowly dwindling down, and eventually I calmed down completely.

"Bloody Hell, I didn't know you could get so angry." Ron said after I had calmed down and started walking again.

I blushed,

"I couldn't help that I got angry, what he said was just rude and uncalled for. He had no right to say that. I tried to keep my temper down, but when he said that I kinda just. Exploded."

"Heh, yeah we kinda saw that. You were screaming at him about how he was a grown man who was acting like a child picking on a little girl. Also your hair started turning red, kinda like fire. And your hands had a little red spark coming from them." Harry chuckled.

My eyes widened, with shock.

"What? My hair started turning red? I mean I understand why my hands had red sparks coming from them, but why my hair? It's never happened before, so. Why now?"

It was Mione's turn to talk, and just by the look on her face, I could tell that she knew the answer.

"Well, I believe the reason why your hair began to turn red, is because of your emotion at the time. You were upset and enraged, so as a result, your hair turned red, like fire. I saw it start to lift up before you stormed out of the classroom, so I think it was starting to form into fire, because of your anger."

We all looked at her surprised that she had come to that conclusion quickly and that it sounded accurately correct.

"Ok, so how did you know that, because I know that even you can't come up with that explanation on the spot." I asked, quite curious as to how she knew that answer.

She grinned sheepishly, and said

"Ok, you caught me, I learned about it in a book I have. I got it when I first got my letter. My parents bought it for me from a book store."

She reached into her bag and pulled a book with a strange title out. The title of the book was 'The Path I've Chosen', and it was written by...my mother.

"What are all those symbols on it?" Ron and Harry asked Mione, as they stared at the book with a confused look on they're faces.

"It's the title of the book. It's called 'All About Elementals.' by Sarah Jones." She answered them, while holding the book out in front of herself.

But that's wrong, the title is 'The Path I've Chosen', and it's by my mother.

"You're wrong that's not the title and that's not the author either." I said to Mione.

"Then what is the title? And who wrote it?" She asked me.

"The title is 'The Path I've Chosen', it's odd, but it says the author is my mother." I answered.

Mione looked shocked, and then she said

"But the book store owner told me that the symbols translated into 'All About Elementals' by Sarah Jones."

I gave her a skeptical look,

"Listen, all I know is that whenever I look at it, that's what it says. And I don't see any symbols on the book, so what symbols are you guys talking about?"

Ron gave me a look that basically said, 'Seriously?', and then he started pointing at the title and the author exclaiming, "Look, don't you see it? There's a bunch of symbols right here!"

I shook my head, just as Mione stepped in and said with a curious look,

"Maybe she can't see the symbols, because she's an elemental. Yeah, the title and the author are both in the elemental language, so she can't see the symbols we see, because she speaks the elemental language."

"Wait what? There's an elemental language? And I speak it? But wait how can I speak a language that I know absolutely nothing about?" I asked, quite confused by this whole ordeal.

"I'll tell you after classes, ok?" She answered, putting the book back into her bag securely.

And so, we continued on with classes. And in every class, I sat next to Harry, quietly holding his hand under the table.

When classes were over, we went dinner, but none of us talked about the book. The boys seem to have forgotten about it, but Mione and I decided quietly that it'd be best if we kept the book a secret.

Mione and I also decided that we were going to return to the common room a little early to get ready for my next elemental lesson with Professor Dumbledore, and to discuss the book a bit more.

As Mione and I stood up to exit the Great Hall, the boy from yesterday and this morning stood up and asked me if he could talk to me for a moment in private. Of course I said yes, being polite, and I followed him to the door of the Great Hall.

"Um, hi. You're Melodia right?" He asked with a blush on his face.

I nodded and answered,

"Yes, but you can just call me Mel. "

"May I call you Lodia?"

"Well, I'm not quite familiar with that name, and I can't guarantee that I'd respond to it if you called me it, but if it makes you comfortable, then sure."

"Oh ok. So um, Lodia, I was wondering if you'd like to hang out with me sometime."

"Oh, sure. I'd love to, but first I'm going to need to know your name."

"Oh! Sorry, my name is Seamus, Seamus Finnigan."

"Well Seamus, when do you wanna hang out?"

"Oh, well, is Saturday ok?"

"Yeah, Saturday's good."

"Ok, so I guess I'll see you Saturday."

"Yeah, see you Saturday."

As he walked back to the Gryffindor table, I saw him high five his friend and I heard him say,

"Guess who's got a date with Melodia."

My eyes widened, and I face palmed.

'How could I be so stupid as to not see that he was implying that he wanted to go on a date with me?'

"Don't worry about stupid Seamus and the rest of the boys, we can take care of them later. And if Harry asks why you agreed to a date with Seamus, I'll help you explain." Mione said to me as she approached me with her bag, ready to leave the Great Hall.

"Thanks, but I never actually agreed to go on a date with him, I agreed that I'd hang out with him. I didn't know he meant that he wanted to go on a date with me. If I had I would have said no." I said shaking my head at my stupid mistake as we exited the Great Hall.

"Hey, it's ok. Besides I'll still help you with explaining to Harry, the little misunderstanding." Mione reassured me, making me feel ten times better.

"Thanks Mione."

"Anytime. Best Female Friends Forever, right?"

"Right. Best Female Friends Forever."

I hugged Mione and she returned it. We continued the walk to the common room and when we got there, we immediately went upstairs and got everything on the checklist stuffed into my bag for the lesson.

"What song are you singing this time?" Mione asked me as I closed up my bag and sat on my bed..

"Oh I'm singing 'In Your Arms' by Kina Grannis"

"Oh I love that song. It's so lovely."

"I know."

"Ok now about the book."

"Yeah, so how exactly can I speak a language I didn't even know existed until today?"

"Well, I think you already knew the language and how to speak and read it, you just didn't know about it because no one's ever told you about it, or your heritage. But this book talks all about it. You can read it if you want. Just read the first page aloud to me first, I wanna try something."

"Ok."

I took the book and began to read aloud.

'Dear Diary, this is my first entry since I got you on my last birthday. I was seven then, but now I'm eight. I know I haven't written in you for a year, so that's why I'm going to make up for it now by writing in you everyday for the next year. Ok? I know you can't talk but it's nice confiding in someone other than my seven year old sister and my mum. You know you're a great listener and you're easy to talk to. Can you keep a secret? Ok. I think my dad is going to teach me how to fly a broom when I turn ten, even though I don't have to learn until I'm eleven. It's gonna be so cool! And I get to go to this nice school my dad went to when he was a kid. My mum already started teaching Anastasia and I how to control our elements. My mum says that we're special, because we control five elements unlike most elementals who just control one. Anyway, Anastasia is my little seven year old sister. She annoys me sometimes, but I still love her anyway. I'd really love to chat some more, but I gotta go, I have an elements lesson right now. So I'll write some more later. Bye!'

'Wow, my mum was really sweet and kinda funny. But wait she had a little sister? Then what happened to her and why don't I know anything about her?' I thought as I put the book down.

"Yup, just as I suspected. You just spoke fluent elemental language. And yes I know it sounded like English to you, but that's because it is English to elementals."

"Whoa."

"Yeah, now come on it's almost time for your lesson."

"Ok let's go." I said as I grabbed my bag flung it over my right shoulder, and linked arms with Mione.

We walked downstairs to the common room to see Harry and Ron there, but Harry didn't look happy.

I gulped, took a deep breath, and continued to walk down with Mione. When we reached the bottom, I looked at Harry and said,

"You do know I didn't actually agree to a date with him right? All I said was that I would hang out with him. I assumed that he meant as friends, considering I know nothing about him and the fact that I'm your girlfriend."

Harry looked me in the eyes and his face turned from upset to sheepish with a blush.

Gosh, everyone is sheepish today!

"Heh, yeah sorry. Guess I got upset for nothing huh?"

"Honestly Harry, do you really think I'd do that to you? How long have you known me? Eleven years?"

"Sorry."

I just rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, pulling him out of the common room, along with Mione and Ron.

I skipped the whole way to Professor Dumbledore's office, humming the song I was planning to sing tonight.

Once we reached his office and we were inside, the lesson began. Though I had a feeling this lesson would be quite peculiar.

Before the lesson began however, I asked Professor Dumbledore a bold question.

"What happened to my mother's sister?"

And surprisingly, he gave the answer nice and easy. No hesitation at all. Plain and simple.

"She died a bit after your mother died. As a matter of fact it was after she delivered her daughter to Hagrid and told him where to take her. Now that location I'm not sure of quite yet, but when I locate her I will let you know immediately."

I smiled,

"Thank you, Professor."

"Now let us begin the lesson. Melodia, would you mind stepping over to the window please?"

I nodded and did as I was told.

"Now Ms. Granger could you please assist me in this part?"

I could tell Mione was confused, but she nodded nonetheless.

"Good, now, push Melodia out the window."

We all looked at him in shock, the boys stood up in a defensive stance and Mione shook her head.

And then it clicked, he wants me to fall out of the window so that I may learn how to control the air. It seemed to click for Mione as well, because she nodded and asked if I was ready. I nodded, and she pushed me out the window. I could hear the boys shouts of fear, but I was not afraid, I could handle this. I handled everything else, I can handle this too.

I closed my eyes and did what felt natural like I always do. I raised my hand, and my arms, and let the wind carry me. When I reopened my eyes, I was flying/floating.

The others all stared in awe, Mione smiled and clapped. The others followed shortly, and soon I floated back in.

Once my feet touched the floor, my knees gave out and I fell.

"That was amazing." Harry and Ron said in unison.

"Extraordinary." Mione said with a proud smile.

"Indeed." Professor agreed.

And so the lesson went on the same as the last time except this time I tried expanding the objects. When I tried it with fire, it grew very large, so to put it out I walked into it. It didn't burn, it felt calm. I liked it. When the time came for me to sing, this time I tried expanding my voice so that it reached a bit outside of the professor's office, but enough that I wasn't screaming. I did my best and enjoyed the song and the beautiful music that followed it. This is how it went:

"Hush, now let's go quiet to the park, Where it first started.

Cool night, us lying in the dark.

I felt my heart

Was trying to find the place for you to stay.

A place where I feel safe.

Anything we have known, anything we've forgotten.

In the rain, in the dark we'll lay.

In your arms, in your arms I'll stay.

Anything we have known, anything we've forgotten.

In the rain, in the dark we'll lay.

In your arms, in your arms I'll stay.

Take my hand, let's go into the trees.

Behind the branches, falling on our knees.

I remember feeling like this part of us would never change.

Anything we have known, anything we've forgotten.

In the rain, in the dark we'll lay.

In your arms, in your arms I'll stay.

Anything we have known, anything we've forgotten.

In the rain, in the dark we'll lay.

In your arms, in your arms I'll stay.

Follow me.

We both know the way.

It's always been the same.

Anything we have known, anything we've forgotten.

In the rain, in the dark we'll lay.

In your arms, in your arms I'll stay.

Anything we have known, anything we've forgotten.

In the rain, in the dark we'll lay.

In your arms, in your arms I'll stay.

In your arms I'll stay.

In your arms I'll stay."

"Good job, Melodia. You're improving, very fast."

"Thank you professor."

"Ok, you all must be tired after this long day, so go get some rest. The lesson is over, good night."

"Good night, professor." We all said in unison as we left his office.

This time I managed to make it to the common room without falling asleep, by clinging to Harry's arm. But once I sat down on the couch, I was out like a light, lost in the land of dreams once more. I recall being picked up for a brief moment then being put back down. I could tell it was Harry, so I curled my fist around the bottom of his shirt. He kissed my forehead, and then everything turned black.

*************************************

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO EVERYONE!!!!!! :)

~Rainbow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 3K 85
WARNING: My first language is not english, i can write wrong... but If i do, you're Welcome to correct me You and your brother Harry Potter is raised...
10.1K 484 37
Adria had just begun her new Hogwarts school year with her two best friends. The ones she has had for years. Of course that's how Adria likes it...
119K 3K 20
We all wish it had happened. But what if it did? What if there was a secret relationship that J. K. Rowling never shared with the fans? My own inte...
88 7 12
What if Harry had, had a sister? He'd have a little bit of hope. Except with the children being almost exactly a year apart the sister knew they were...