My First Day

It is the first day,

don't know where I stand anymore.

I've got my hands in my pockets,

I'm staring down at the floor.

When I walk through the halls,

Will I fall flat on my face?

Am I in over my head?

Are people even gonna know my name?

First Day by Laura Shigihara

___________________________

MELODIA'S POV

I was having a great sleep after my encounter with my father, when all of a sudden my dreams all turned to darkness.

I saw a man, it was the same man I always see in my nightmares. It was...Him. The one who killed my mother. The one whom everyone fears...Voldemort.

He had killed my mother already and was just staring at me, when he started laughing. No...he wasn't laughing...he was cackling, evilly.

He walked toward me and reached out to touch me, but when he almost did he was repelled by an invisible shield. He seemed angry and quite upset by the fact that he couldn't touch me.

Then I looked to the side and saw Harry as a baby and I knew what Voldemort wanted to do, he wanted to kill Harry. He took out his wand and pointed at Harry.

I screamed and shouted trying to save him, but I knew he couldn't hear me. With a flash it was done. He had killed Harry with a smile.

No...no please.

I was screaming and crying, wishing he was still alive, when I woke up screaming with a bead of sweat on my forehead and tears streaming down my face. I haven't cried since that night, and I've had nightmares like this before but this is by far the worst nightmare yet.

Hermione was looking over me with a worried expression.

"Dia, what's wrong? Why were you screaming and crying?"

"H-Harry... d-died. I-I c-couldn't s-stop i-it. P-please h-help. N-no m-more. P-please."

"Oh, ok. It's ok, Dia. Harry is fine. He's still alive. He's ok."

"H-Harry..." I was clutching my head and shaking, rocking back and forth with my knees pulled tightly to my chest.

I can't get the image out of my head. Harry's usually here to help me get through my nightmares. He's not here this time though. I'm all on my own this time. I-I can't breathe. Harry...

===========================

HARRY'S POV (Meanwhile)

I woke up with a start. It was a bit too early to get ready for school. But that wasn't why I was up.

I had a sudden urge, it's the same urge I've felt every time Melody has a nightmare. Which means she had another nightmare...and I'm not there to help her.

The last time this happened, she started hyperventilating. Oh no... I need to help her before she loses consciousness.

I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs towards the girl's dormitory. I was about to climb up the steps, when the steps turned into a slide.

'Ugh! I don't have time for this!'

I grabbed the rail of the steps and pulled. I climbed all the way to the top, went inside Melody's dorm and saw her on her bed shaking and crying, while clutching her head. Hermione was telling her it was going to be okay, and that I was still alive.