The House Cup & Going Home

HARRY'S POV

When I woke up, I was laying in the hospital wing. I looked around frantically for Melody, and sighed in relief when I saw that she was in the bed next to me.

As it turns out, Dumbledore came and visited Melody and I in the hospital wing. He talked with me about various things. The stone, what saved me down in the trapdoor, and last but most definitely not least, Melody.

He said that Melody was an incredible girl, so strong yet so fragile. And he's right, she's strong physically and mentally, but she's sensitive on the inside. She pretends that what people say about her doesn't hurt, but it does. I know it does, I've seen it. Which is just another reason why I want- no scratch that, need to protect her.

She can't handle everything, at least, not alone. So I'm going to do everything I can to make her feel better, whether it be letting her cry on my shoulder, tell me all about whatever's making her upset or troubled, or just making her feel good about herself. It doesn't matter to me, she's my best friend and I'll do anything for her.

Suddenly Dumbledore smiled, that's when I realized I had said that out loud. Thank Merlin, Melody's not awake!

Finally, Dumbledore left us alone.

I looked at Melody and brushed a stray hair off of her beautiful face. She stirred a bit and whispered a word that surprised me a bit... 

 "Harry..."

==========================================================================

MELODIA'S POV

I was floating, and everything was dark. I could just barely see my hands. Suddenly I was engulfed in light and I could see everything, but I was outside of my body. I still don't know how I do this, but oh well. I quickly noticed I was in the hospital wing, and Harry was as well. I rushed over to Harry's side, knowing that I wouldn't be able to do anything, but still wanting to be there for him. Even if I'm not in a physical form.

 Harry was awake and he was talking with Professor Dumbledore. I heard the whole conversation, not that they knew that.

 What Harry said was so sweet! I promise to do the same, whether he wants me to or not!

Shortly after their conversation, Dumbledore left and I watched as Harry stared at me. By that time, I had started drifting back into my own body. I was wide awake now, but I decided to act like I wasn't. So when Harry brushed a hair off of my face, I said groggily, "Harry..."

My eyes slowly fluttered open, fake drowsiness covering me.

"Melody..." He sighed, blushing and staring at me with those mesmerizing eyes of his.

Slowly, we inched closer and closer, until we were an inch apart. Finally, Harry closed the small gap between us, pulling me in for an electrifying kiss. Amazing. That's all I can say about that right now.

Eventually, we pulled apart and simultaneously decided to go searching for Ron and Hermione.

We found them right by the doors to the Great Hall. After briefly checking each other for any injuries, we all went into the Great Hall together. Unfortunately, they were announcing who won the house cup. Since we pretty much broke about seven school rules, Gryffindor, of course, is at the bottom.

Slytherin was smirking and sneering at us, knowing that they had one the cup. However, I watched as their smirks were wiped clean off their faces after Gryffindor received enough extra points, successfully making us the winners of the cup.

Every table, except Slytherin, cheered and hollered for Gryffindor. It truly was a great sight.

Sadly, it was soon time to go back home for summer break. We were about to board the train, but Hagrid quickly pulled Harry and I aside and gave us both a photo album. It was magical, so the pictures moved. The pictures almost made me cry, theey were of us as babies and our parents, along with all of us together. I loved it.

Harry and I quickly gave Hagrid a big hug, and left to board the train.

"It feels strange going home, doesn't it?" Hermione asked.

Harry and I shared a smile, and he grabbed my hand softly and said, "We're not going home."

I quickly added, "Not really."

And with that, we boarded the train and went back home. We all promised to keep in touch over the summer. Somehow, I have a feeling this summer's gonna be an amusing one.

*************************************************************************************************************

Hello! Okay, I am so so so so sorry for not updating in a while, but school comes first. I need an education, so updates will be a little slower than usual. However, I had some time and I had some inspiration, so I decided to update tonight. I know it's short, but I need you to work with me here. Anyways, I'll update as soon as I can, but I've gotta go. I've got school tomorrow. See ya later guys! ;)

                                                        ~Rainbow