Togetherness

You do it for him
And you would do it again
You do it for her, that is to say
You'll do it for him.

Do It For Her/Him by Rebecca Sugar

MELODY'S POV

Harry and I continued on, and retrieved all of our school supplies for this year.

Once we were finished, we went to the ice cream parlor to meet up with the others.

I wanted a mix of strawberry and vanilla, and I was intent on paying for it with my own money, but Harry wouldn't let me!  The sly dog. He payed for both his and mine while I was getting my money out!

When I kept telling him that I was going to pay for it, he just said "It's my treat. So don't worry about it, okay? Besides, I already paid for it."

Figuring I had lost that battle, I began to work this out the best I could.

"Alright, but at least let me pay you back for it!"

Unfortunately, he wouldn't have it.

"Oh, come off it, Melody! I wanted to treat you, my gorgeous girlfriend, to ice cream. So let me treat you, you deserve it for putting up with me for so long. Thanks for sticking by my side, love."

I was at a loss. If I kept arguing, I might hurt his feelings for not letting him do things that he wanted to do. That's the last thing I wanna do. On the other hand, he deserves for his ice cream to be paid for as well since he's been loyal to me for such a long time. Not only as a boyfriend but also as a friend.

What to do, what to do....

I groaned and playfully glared at him,

"Fine. You win this round, Potter. But beware, for I shall never give in!"

He chuckled,

"I expect no less from you."

I grinned at him, eating my delicious ice cream gleefully.

"Seriously? How can you two stand each other for this long without getting sick?!?"

I bet you know who that came from.

"Alex. When you and Fred get together, and you guys are together for a while, you'll understand. Till then, shut ya mouth!" I replied, still eating.

I hope you guys didn't miss that little hint I sent Fred's way about asking Alex out. Oh yea, baby, the match maker is back in town!

Did I forget to mention that I have a tendency to get people together with their loves? If so, well then now you know! Let's get this show on the road!

Her cheeks tinged a bright crimson color and she glared at me. I glared back with a smile.

Oh and by the way through this entire ordeal, I've never once let go of Harry's hand.

I broke from her intense gaze, and looked in Fred's direction.

"So Fred, anything you wanna, I don't know, maybe, ask Alexandra about?"

He fidgeted a bit, and then nodded.

Then he nodded again as if to assure himself that he did have something to ask her.

"Yea. Yea, I have something I wanna ask you, Alex..."

She blushed,

"Ok..."

I grinned,

"Alright, everyone. I think it's time to make a quick exit."

They all agreed, excluding Fred and Alex, of course.