The Dreams

MELODIA'S POV

I was walking, nowhere in particular really, when I had felt the sudden urge to run. So I began running and when I finally came to a stop, I saw the older me again. She looked happy, she had a big, bright smile and she was braiding the little girl's hair. I remember the little girl's name being Lilly.

"Mama, how old were you when you told daddy you loved him?" Little Lilly asked, her eyes full of curiosity and wonder as she stared up at her mother.

Older me smiled and replied "Why I was only eleven years old, but I had loved your father a very long time before I told him. In fact, he was the one who confessed first, now that I think about it. I was too nervous and afraid to tell him first, so he made the first move."

Little Lilly smiled, and asked "How did it feel? And how come you can fight all these monsters, but you couldn't find the courage to tell daddy that you loved him first? When did you start loving daddy?"

Older me chuckled, "I'm not quite sure when I really started loving your father, but I was four years old when I realized I did. But love isn't about age or time, it's about how you feel about someone who can make you happy just by doing the littlest of things. And for me, it felt amazing, like I was on cloud 9. And fighting monsters is easy, but confessing love is harder. Much harder. You're always afraid of rejection whenever you love someone. You'll want to tell them, but you won't always be able to, because rejection blocks the courage that we always need in our hearts, making it very hard to confess. But if you're lucky, you'll be able to find the courage to confess."

Little Lilly grinned widely and giggled. Both Older me and I smiled back, I really hope this is the future.

Suddenly the scenery changed, it was in a different house than the one I was just in.

'Ding dong!' Rang the doorbell after Little Lilly, who was being held up by Older me, rang it.

"Coming! One moment please." Said a woman's voice from the inside. The same woman opened the door, and when she did, she smiled and wrapped her arms around Older me saying with joy,

"Dia! Harry! You're here! I'm so glad! And you brought the kids! That's wonderful! Please, come in! Make yourself at home." She looked a lot like Hermione, only older.

We all walked in, and I looked around. It looked like a nice little cottage, with a warm, cozy, family feeling.

I like it, I like it a lot.

Older me saw some other kids and put Little Lilly down. Almost immediately after her feet touched the ground, Little Lilly took off towards the kids, Albus and James not far behind. Older me chuckled and Older Hermione giggled.

"They do love their cousins." Older me said to Older Hermione with a bright smile.

Wait a sec, back up... Hermione and I are related in the future?!? AWESOME! But wait, how? I'm not related to Hermione.

Then, in came another woman. She looked a bit like me, except her hair was purple.

"Mel!" She exclaimed, pulling Older me into a hug.

"Hey, Xander!" Older me exclaimed back.

"I see you brought trouble-making Harold." She said with a smirk.

"How many times do I have to tell you, I'm not trouble-making and my name's not Harold!" Harry said, with an annoyed face.

"No, I'm pretty sure it's Harold." She remarked, the smirk never leaving her face.

"Ugh! Whatever. . . Alexandra." He retorted, with a smirk of his own.

The woman, whom I believe is Alexandra, glared at him.