Hogwarts

I am unwritten,

Can't read my mind,

I'm undefined.

I'm just beginning,

The pens in my hands,

Ending unplanned.

Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield
___________________________

MELODIA'S P.O.V

We grabbed our trunks and exited the train. I wasn't the least bit surprised to see Hagrid there when we got off. He was directing the first years to the boats, when we found him.

"Ah, Harry and Melodia." Hagrid greeted us.

"Hi Hagrid." Harry and I said in sync. Ron looked at us weirdly. 'Oh I guess he's never heard us talk in sync before, so he's not use to it.'

"Well, right this way. To the boats! No more than four in a boat!" Hagrid replied. So Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I all got in a boat. Harry and Ron paddled, while Hermione held the lantern. It wasn't long until we reached the castle.

"Whoa." I said.

"Yeah." Harry answered. We all got off the boats and followed Hagrid inside the gigantic building. It was AMAZING! Everything was so breathtaking! I've never seen anything so magnificent in my entire life. I was taken out of my thoughts by the sight of an elderly woman in emerald robes.

"Welcome to Hogwarts, thank you for bringing them, Hagrid." The elderly woman said. Hagrid nodded, and went off on his merry way.

"As I said before, welcome to Hogwarts. My name is Professor McGonagall. While you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points, you break the rules and you will lose points, at the end of the year the house with the most points wins the house cup. Now before you step through these doors and join your classmates, you will be sorted into your houses. They are: Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now wait here, while I go get things ready." The woman said as she disappeared behind the large doors. I was happy and continued to smile, that is, until a boy who looked oddly familiar stepped forward and said,

"So it's true, what they were saying on the train. Harry Potter and Melodia Black have come to Hogwarts." Immediately whispers began to be passed back and forth between the children. Great. Now Harry and I are the talk of the school, and we just got here! This sucks!

"This is Crabbe, and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." The blonde-haired boy said, right as Ron began to snicker.

"Think my name's funny do you? No need to ask who you are. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe, you must be a Weasley." Draco said to Ron. Now that made me upset. No one should be treated that way.

"Just leave him alone." I said, trying not to lose my temper.

"Oh, so you're his girlfriend?" Draco asked me, knowing fully well that I wasn't. Ron blushed. But I didn't, I was angry. However, I kept my temper.

"No, but I'm his friend, and I don't appreciate you talking to my friend like that. So buzz off." I replied in the most calm tone I could muster, but it sounded deadly. I swear I saw him shiver in fear, before he shook it off, turned to Harry and said,

"You'll soon find out, Potter, that some families are better than others. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." He put his hand out for Harry to shake. However, I know Harry, and I know that he knows this guy is bad news. Harry looked at the hand.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort myself, thanks." He said cleverly, while gently grabbing hold of my hand. Draco looked angry for a moment, staring at Harry and I's intertwined hands, before he was slapped on the head with a paper by Professor McGonagall. Haha! Take that you blonde-haired git! Pardon my language.

"We are ready for you now." Professor McGonagall said, while opening the large doors. All I can honestly say, is that this is astonishing. I know it's not the real sky outside, because if it was we'd be really cold right now. That and the fact that Hermione told me that the ceiling was bewitched to look like the outside sky. Still, it's beautiful. I was pulled right back out of my thoughts by the sound of Professor McGonagall's voice.

"Now when I call your name, you will come sit on the stool and be sorted." Professor McGonagall explained. I squeezed Harry's hand nervously, however once he gave me that bright smile of his, I was fine. Professor McGonagall started to call names.

"Abbott, Hannah."

So called, Hannah walked up to the stool, and as the hat was placed on her it sprung to life and began to speak. It talked about her personality, about how she was shy, yet loyal as well, and so it placed her in Hufflepuff. She hopped off the stool with a smile and skipped off towards the Hufflepuff table.

"Bones, Susan."

Once again the hat sprung to life and spoke. All about the personality of her, and where she should be placed. Eventually, it placed her in Hufflepuff too. She sat next to Hannah and they chatted away. The sorting process went on for a little while, I just zoned out for a bit until I heard Hermione be called. She kept repeating 'Calm down Hermione, you're fine, remember what you studied. Remember.' over and over again. I smiled. She'll be fine she just needs to relax. The hat was placed on her head and a moment later it called out 'GRYFFINDOR!' She hopped off and skipped to the Gryffindor table with huge smile. Good for her. I knew she'd be fine. Then Ron went up shaking. Poor Ron. He needs to get a grip. But I understand. This determines where he goes for seven years. He sat down and almost immediately it said 'GRYFFINDOR!' but not before saying "Ah another Weasley, I know just where to put you." I smiled once again. Then. . . They called Harry. Immediately the murmurs and whispers began. I crossed my arms but I smiled reassuringly to Harry as he sat and stared at me. He seemed to relax a bit and then when the hat talked he tensed again. What the hat said surprised me.

"Ah, Harry Potter. Not too shy, not a bad mind either. You're brave, but also have a thirst to prove yourself. . .Hmm Slytherin maybe? No? but you'd be great in Slytherin. No? Well if you're sure. . . Right then, GRYFFINDOR!"

Harry seemed so relieved, I think he practically ran to the table. However, before he sat down he sent me a smile and a thumbs up. I smiled in return. Then. . . They called my name.

"Black, Melodia."

Everyone was staring at me, whispering about how my father was a murderer and how they think I might be like him. I got a bit angry, but I kept my cool and slowly walked up to the stool and sat down. The hat was placed on my head and it talked about me.

"Ah, Melodia. So much like your mother. A bit shy, super smart, very loyal, incredibly brave and strong. . . Yet very mischievous, much like your father. Now, just where to put you? Hmm. . .Slytherin? No, no. I know just where to put you! GRYFFINDOR!" I sighed, thank Merlin! I got off and casually speed-walked over to the table, where all my friends were. As I sat down, everyone at the table smiled at me and congratulated me.

Since I sat down next to Harry, Hermione was on my left. We started chatting away, talking about the school, what our lives were like before we got our letters, and our parents. Hermione was really nice and we seemed to have a lot in common.

We both like to read, write and we both LOVE music. When I told her about my dad, I expected her to turn away and stop talking to me, but surprisingly she didn't. Instead, she accepted the fact that I was Sirius Black's daughter. She also knew that I was an elemental because she knew a lot about my mother, who she gladly told me about when I asked. I could tell that Hermione was a great person, because she was so sweet and kind and she seemed like she wasn't afraid to speak the truth if she wanted to. I think we're going to be great friends. Somewhere within our chat, Harry had grabbed my hand, making me look down and smile. When I looked back up, I saw Hermione smirking at me.

"What?" I asked, obviously confused.

"Oh nothing. Just wondering if you and Harry are dating yet." She answered with a sly smirk. I blushed, looking down with a smile.

"Yeah, we just got together today. Hehe."

"Good! Now no other girl can have him! Oh and congratulations!" I smiled at her than burst out laughing. Soon enough, she joined me. Ron and Harry stared at us like we were mental. When we had finished our little laughing fit, the boys were still staring at us except a few more boys were staring as well. Suddenly I felt a bit shy, and put my head down a bit just enough so you can't see my eyes. Then something in me snapped and all of a sudden I was confident again.

"Oi! It's not that big of a deal! Quit staring! Didn't anybody ever tell you it's rude to stare?" I said, feeling completely confident and not holding anything back. Almost immediately the boys went back to their conversations. Hermione smiled at me, and I returned that smile. I think this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship. We finished the feast, and followed Percy, Ron's older brother and head boy to our dorms. The common room was amazing! It was beautiful and had a homey feel to it. I could live down here.

"Alright boys on the left stairs and to the right, same for the girls but on the right stairs." Percy explained. All the girls went up and Hermione waited for me at the stairs. Same for Harry except Ron was there. I gave Ron a hug, then turned to Harry. Hermione was making a 'Go on! Do it!' hand motion, urging me to kiss Harry. So I did just that. I grabbed Harry's shoulders and gave him a quick kiss goodnight, then I grabbed Hermione's hand and ran up the stairs. All the while we were giggling like, well, little school girls. We both smiled at each other. Getting ready for bed, I pulled my hair out of its braid and brushed it. When I finished, I crawled into bed, sleep overtaking me quickly, but before I fell asleep, I whispered a faint 'Goodnight Harry.' which I believe Hermione heard. Tomorrow's the first day of Hogwarts. I bet it's going to be grand.

Quickly I fell asleep into a dream that seemed so real, and in the dream I saw my father. He looked sick, but when he saw me he smiled and I smiled in return. He wrapped me in a hug that felt real, so I asked him if it was and he said yes and no. I was confused and he saw that so he told me how it was and wasn't real. It was real that I was actually talking to him, but it was in our dreams. Our minds are connected, making it possible for us to talk in our dreams like we are doing now. I smiled and he returned it.

We talked about our lives and what we were interested in. He told me how he was sorry he couldn't be with me for the past eleven years, and how he wish he could have. He said that he didn't kill all those people and that he didn't, nor would he ever, turn on Lilly, James, or my mum. I told him that I knew and that it's ok. I told him how I think he's innocent and he said that I was right on the nose with my theories. I also told him about Harry and I, and he just smiled and said that he and mum use to make bets about when we'd get together. How mum was right and that we had gotten together at the exact time she said we would. That made me smile. He told me that even as babies Harry and I were inseparable. We were best friends even as babies. I don't think I ever stopped smiling through this exchange. Soon however, it was time for him to leave, but he said he'd see me again tomorrow night.

In my dreams.

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry it took so long to update! It's been a busy week for me. My birthday came so I was a bit busy, sorry. But here's the chapter I promised so read and enjoy!