Light In The Darkness

MELODIA'S POV

All I could see was darkness, nothing else.

Suddenly, an image floated into my vision. It was a picture of four kids and a giant monster.

One had red hair, another had brown, bushy hair, the third one had blue hair and the last one had black hair and mesmerizing emerald eyes.

I watched as the girl with blue hair fell to the ground. I heard the black haired boy screaming for her.

"MELODY!" He screamed, concern cloaking his face.

His face soon turned to rage and he jumped onto the monster and tried to get it to stop, but he ended up sticking a long, pointy stick into its nose instead.

Suddenly he was hoisted into the air from his ankle by the troll, whom was trying to strike him with his club. Luckily, he lifted himself up just in time. But he couldn't do that forever.

The red head took out a long, pointy stick of his own and said something strange that I couldn't quite understand. Whatever it was, it caused the club to be raised above the monster's head and dropped onto it.

The monster released the black haired boy and he quickly ran over to the fallen girl. He held her in his arms with a concerned look on his face.

Three adults entered, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. The black haired boy picked up the girl bridal style and started running somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

I followed him, but not before catching the giant bite mark on one of the adults' leg.

The boy burst through some doors and placed the girl on a bed. A few moments later a woman appeared and she began to tend to the girl.

Then, my vision returned to the darkness.

Suddenly, I saw a picture that was shining bright out of the darkness. I reached for it, but something latched onto my arm. I stared down and saw a dark, evil looking creature.

It shook its head and soon a bunch more came and latched onto me. Slowly, they were pulling me down further and further into the darkness.

I started struggling and fighting to get free and see that picture, obviously there's something these evil little creatures don't want me to see. Which means I have to see it.

I managed to break free of their grasp, and began hurling myself towards the picture. I reached it and stared just as I was being pulled down even faster than before.

Suddenly, I felt something snap inside of me and a bright red light pushed the creatures away from me.

A white light flew in front of me, so I followed it, and soon enough the darkness was gone. Light infiltrated my vision and it hurt, but it went away fairly quickly.

I opened my eyes and saw the three kids from the image sitting there, at the front of my bed, staring at me.

"Melody!" they all shouted with joy, hugging me.

Wait, so I was the girl that fell? I'm Melody?

I started to feel pain in my head. I groaned, clutching my head in pain.

"Melody, what's wrong?" The black haired boy asked, concern once again coating his face.

However, as much as I wanted to answer, I couldn't. The pain was just too much. Then, my thoughts floated back to the image.

It was all of them, they were in the picture. They were all smiling, and I was with them. There was writing at the bottom but I didn't get time to read it.