WHAT?!?!

I've got a life out there somewhere. It's waiting, lined with palm trees and only new faces. If I could look past the present and get there, well baby it's worth a shot. Just enough time to plan an escape route, I put my map on the wall in the basement. Not quite a victory to run from your problems, but it's the only plan that I've got. It's the only plan that I got.

Escape route by Paramore
----------------------------------------
This is impossible... There's no way I'm a witch... I'm just imagining things... There's no possible way that I could EVER be a witch... "Well have yeh ever been able to do things that yeh couldn't explain? Like when yeh were angry, scared or upset? " Hagrid asked. I swallowed hard. "Well I was angry at Dudley once and Harry said he saw fire coming out of my hands. Then, there was another time when the house began to shake because I was scared. And I was sad one time and then it began to rain. It was very strange. It was like the weather was tied to my emotions." I answered. "Well Melodia that's because yeh're an elemental too." Hagrid said. Um, anyone mind telling me what the heck's an elemental? "Um not to be rude but, mind telling me what's an elemental?" I asked straight forward. Hey, I've wanted answers for 8 years. If this is how I get them, so be it! "An elemental is a person, usually it's a woman, who can... well control the elements. Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. Yeh're mum was an elemental too except she could control music too unlike most elementals." Hagrid answered my question without hesitation. Um... ok, I think this man's gone mad. Suddenly, I went into hysterics. "You honestly" laugh "Expect me to believe" laugh "That I'm an elemental?" I asked between laughs. He nodded. I stopped laughing and backed up away from him, accidentally backing into Harry. "Alright if I'm an elemental, prove it." I said. I didn't mean to be harsh but it is kinda unbelievable. "Alrigh'." Hagrid said unfazed. He pulled out his umbrella, pulled it back and flung it at me! I put my hands up in front of me and turned away waiting for the impact. But for some odd reason, it never came. Looking up, I see it floating inches away from my arms and a shield-like thing surrounding me. When I put my arms down the shield fell, as did the umbrella. Ok I'm officially freaking out now! I started shaking. "W-what the heck was t-that?!?" I exclaimed, still trembling. Harry tried to help me by saying sweet, calming things into my ear and it worked. Well sorta I stopped trembling, but I didn't stop freaking out. "That right there is yeh're shield, whenever yeh put your hands up in front or in the back of yeh, yeh're shield goes up. It protects yeh from almost anything, but yeh 'ave to be focused. Otherwise yeh're shield'll break or it won't work as well." Hagrid explained. Ok so maybe I am an elemental and a witch... but wait wouldn't that make me inhuman? "Ok but Hagrid if I'm a witch and an elemental, doesn't that make me inhuman?" I asked quite fearfully. I like being human. Whether its part human or just human. I don't want to be inhuman, it makes me feel like a freak. Like I have no sanity, humanity or mercy whatsoever. I don't want to feel that way. Hagrid smiled at me and said "Well o'course not! Jus' look at me! I'm a half giant, and a wizard! And I'm still human! So I don't see what would make yeh inhuman! Why yeh're as human as can be!" I smiled. He seems like the kind of person who knows how to cheer people up while still telling the truth. I like him. As a friend of course. I wonder what he's here for, he must have a reason. I mean who in their right mind would come here during a horrible storm for no apparent reason? Harry voiced my question for me. Gosh, I wonder if now that he knows what I really am, if he thinks I'm a freak. If he does then my world has come to an end. I know I sound dramatic but Harry's my best friend, the only thing I've got left in this world, plus I love him with all my heart so if he thinks I'm a freak well... let's just say my heart would be crooked. Anyways he probably doesn't. I mean he's my best friend. He wouldn't think of me like that... would he? Oh well I'll ask him later, but right now I wanna know why Hagrid's here. Not that I don't enjoy his company. "Oh! Right! Thank yeh for remindin' me Harry! I came 'ere to give yeh this." He said taking out two letters and handing them to us. They were the same letters we've been trying to get all week! Finally! I can read mine!

Dear Ms. Neptunia,
We are happy to tell you that you have been excepted into Hogwarts, a school for witchcraft and wizardry. We know about you being an elemental, so no need to worry. School begins on September 1st. We await your owl no later than July 31st.

Sincerely, Minerva McGonagall

Hm...So they already know about me being an elemental? Ok, at least I won't have to worry about hiding my elementalness. Elementalness, is that even a real word? Oh well. Who cares? Not me! Then there was a second letter, I opened it.

First year students require the following:

Uniform:

Three Sets of Plain Work Robes (Black)

One Plain Pointed Hat (Black) for day wear

One Pair of Protective Gloves (dragon hide or similar)

One Winter Cloak (Black, silver fastenings)
Please note that all student's clothes should carry name-tags at all times.

Books:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment:

1 Wand

1 Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set of glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set of brass scales

Students may also bring an Owl OR a Cat OR a Toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS
.

Wow so they're serious. Serious... that sounds familiar just spelled differently... Where have I heard that? I know it's a name... But where? Serious... Serious... Sirius?Yeah that's how it's spelled! I recognize the name but I can't pin-point where I've heard it from! Ugh! I hate this! Oh well I'll figure it out later. There was a third letter. Hm... Harry only got two and he's done reading now...So why do I have three? Um, ok I'll just read and maybe I'll find out. I opened the third and final letter.

Dear Ms. Neptunia,
It has come to my attention that you don't know how to use your elemental powers properly, and because of that I have decided to teach you all I know about elementals. To do so we will need equipment. The following is what you need. All of the following may be found in a muggle store except for the third one.

A box of matches

A bottle of water

A rock or pebble

It would be very appreciated if you had a song that you remember the words to. Thank you and I look forward to seeing you at Hogwarts.

Sincerely, Albus Dumbledore

Oh so that's why I have a third letter! Gosh, I'm such a ditz sometimes! Wait... if my mother was an elemental and she controlled water too doesn't that mean she can't drown? I decided to voice that question. "Hey Hagrid, if my mother was an elemental and she controlled water too doesn't that mean she can't drown?" I asked. He looked at me with wide eyes. "Demetria Jane Black drown? Ha! Who told you that lie!?" Wait a second he said Black. Is that my real last name? If so why was I not informed?!? I'll ask later, right now I'm mad at the Dursleys! How dare they tell me my parents died because then got drunk, went swimming and drowned! Who do they think they are?!? I scowled at them. Harry didn't seem happy either. I understand why. If they lied about my parents, who says they didn't lie about his?!? "Well?!? If my parents didn't drown, how did they die!?! Hm? 'Cause I'd like to know!" I shouted at them angrily. I was losing my temper and my patience. They all flinched at the sound of my voice. Mrs. D walked forward and said "You're freak of a mother and my sister were great friends. Always around each other no matter what! Then, they went and got married to two other freaks and got themselves blown up! And since you wouldn't let go of HIM we got landed with you too! Oh, my sister got a letter just like that and disappeared off to that . . . that school--and came home every holiday with her pockets full of frog-spawn, turning tea-cups into rats. I was the only one who saw her for what she was . . . a freak! But for my mother and father, oh no, it was Lily this and Lily that, they were proud of having a witch in the family! Then you two came along and I knew that you two would be just as strange! Just as...abnormal!" "Blown up...blown up?! You said my parents died in a car crash and that Melody's parents drowned!" Harry shouted. I was so angry, I felt like I was burning! But I don't care. I want to set them on fire right now! Hey! Hagrid said I can control fire too! So that means... hehehe! Oh Mrs. D! I walked forward but Hagrid put his hand on my shoulder and shook his head, then walked forward and said "A car crash?A car crash kill Lilly and James Potter?! And Demetria and Siruis Black drown?! That's an outrage! It's a scandal!" "They will not be going!" said Mr.D. "They'll be under the finest headmaster ever! Albus Dumbledore." Hagrid told them. "I will not pay for some crackpot to teach them magic tricks!" Mr. D said back. Bad move Mr. D! You're in for it now! "Never. Insult. Albus Dumbledore. In front of me!" Hagrid said dark and deeply. Then, he took his umbrella and pointed at Dudley's bottom which was sticking up since he was eating or should I say, devouring our cake. Then, POOF! DUDLEY'S GOT A PIG TAIL! And I don't mean the ones girls wear! I mean an actual pig tail! It was funny because he squealed and the Dursleys began freaking out! I loved it! Then, Hagrid turned to us and said "Let's go! Unless yeh'd rather stay here o'course!" Then, he walked to the door, it broke again but he still walked out of it. Harry and I stared at the door, until he took my hand in his and we walked out together. Somehow Hagrid was able to get us across and out of the storm and into London. "Hagrid, were are we supposed to find all this in London?" Harry asked. "Oh I know a place." Hagrid answered. My mind wandered back to the names Hagrid said were my parents. "Hey, Hagrid. Who's Sirius Black?" Hagrid frowned slightly. "He's your father, but he's also a mass murderer. Killed 12 muggles the same night yeh're parents died, and poor Peter Pettigrew! He tried to stop him but ended up dying too. All they could find left of him was a finger. Sirius Black was a big supporter of you-know-who, he even sold out Lilly, James, and yeh're mother! He's a bad guy and for that he was put in Azkaban. Good thing he was or he'd be killing any person he saw!" Hagrid said, accidentally angering me."You're wrong, you're so so very wrong." I said defending my dad. I don't think he did any of that, I think he was framed! And I know exactly who framed him! Peter Pettigrew! Don't ask me how I know he was framed because I don't know, but I do know he was framed by Peter Pettigrew. And I'll prove it some day. I promise. Hagrid didn't comment on it after that, but that's ok. "Ok so what do yeh need exactly?" I looked down at the supply list, then at the same time Harry and I said "Well it says here that first years require:

Three Sets of Plain Work Robes (Black)

One Plain Pointed Hat (Black) for day wear

One Pair of Protective Gloves (dragon hide or similar)

One Winter Cloak (Black, silver fastenings)

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

1 Wand

1 Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set of glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set of brass scales and that a student can bring a cat, a toad, or an owl."

"Oh and I need to go to a muggle store apparently and get a bottle of water, a box of matches, and I need to find a rock or a pebble." I said. Hagrid smiled and exclaimed "Well let's go!" He brought us to a pub. Hm, I wonder what we're doing here. "Hello Hagrid, the usual?" the bartender asked Hagrid. "Sorry can't Tom, I'm on official Hogwarts business. I'm taking Harry and Melodia to get their stuff for Hogwarts." The bartender looked at us and said "Harry Potter, and Melodia Neptunia." Suddenly everyone in the pub looked at us. I looked down trying to hide my face. When I looked up, a bunch of people were surrounding us. "Harry potter and Melodia Neptunia, welcome back." the bartender said. Other people kept coming up and shaking our hands, I don't know why but they did. Hagrid then grabbed our hands a pulled us to the back of the pub. "See people know yeh two!" Hagrid exclaimed. "Yeah but why do they know us, Hagrid?" I asked. "Oh that's 'cause yeh both are famous in the wizarding world." He answered. "But why are we famous?" Harry asked. Hagrid looked uncomfortable. VERY uncomfortable. "Er, I'll tell yeh later. But now, let's go get yehr school stuff!" Hagrid said. I looked towards Harry, I wonder what he's thinking.
-------------------
Okay I know the elementals basically are avatars like from Legend of Korra and Avatar: The Last Airbender. So you should know I'm not trying to steal their idea, that was never intended, sorry if I offended someone. Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra, belong to Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. So there, no copy right! :) No offense or theft intended.