✓ ♕Poison♕ [Joker x Reader]

By DowneysDuck

*COMPLETED "Don't ever worry about me. " He whispered in my ear, then gave me a passionate kiss. J's hand mov... More

Chapter 1: Introduced
Chapter 2: Gestures
Chapter 3: Night Out
Chapter 4: Mixed Emotions
Chapter 5: Guilty
Chapter 6: What The?
Chapter 7: Gone
Chapter 8: Gangsta
Chapter 9: Missed You
Chapter 10: And Your Name...
Chapter 11: Wayne Enterprises
Chapter 12: Ace Chemicals
Chapter 13: Wake Up Soon
Chapter 14: Gasoline
Chapter 15: Oh No
Chapter 16: Goner
Chapter 17: Kill For You
Chapter 18: Monster
A/N
Chapter 19: Wreak Havoc
Chapter 20: Christmas Gift (part one)
Chapter 21: Christmas Gift (part two)
A/N
Chapter 22: Ballroom Blitz
Chapter 23: Smoke and Mirrors (Part One)
Chapter 24: Smoke and Mirrors (Part Two)
Chapter 25: Control
Chapter 26: Regret
Chapter 27: Doubt
Chapter 28: This Is Gospel
Chapter 29: Strange Love
Chapter 30: Flightless Bird
Chapter 31: Mama I'm in Love
Chapter 32: True Self
Chapter 33: Amnesia
Chapter 34: Photograph
Valentine's Day
Chapter 35: Street Credit
Chapter 36: Dangerous Woman
Chapter 37: Team 'n Scheme
Chapter 38: Plans
Chapter 40: Back
Chapter 41: Show Time
Chapter 42: End of all Days
SEQUEL

Chapter 39: Conversations

3.5K 98 18
By DowneysDuck

The day came, and now it was finally time to speak to the bat. I stood in the elevator alone, as I slowly went up to the 22nd floor. I wore a black pencil skirt, white dress shirt, and black heels. People wouldn't recognize me in regular clothes, but I know Bruce will.

"Hey, how's everything up there?" Selina asked, hearing her through the secret earpiece I wore.

"Good, I'm in the elevator right now, I'm almost up. When you hear me cough, that's a signal that I'm in, ok?" I said, placing a finger in the earpiece as I spoke.

"Ok." She said, and the elevator doors opened. I walked over to the appointment desk, and a older woman greeted me.

"Hello, do you have a appointment, or are you a walk in?" She asked.

"Walk in, but I need to speak with Mr. Wayne, it's very urgent." I said. The woman shuffled through papers, then looked up at me.

"Well, lucky for you, he has no meetings going on right now, so maybe I could phone him and see what I can do." She said, grabbing the desk phone.

"Oh thank you." I smiled, and the woman began her conservation on the phone.

"Yes.... She says it's urgent.....Umm, just a second Mr. Wayne." She looked up at me. "Miss, what's your name." She asked.

"Anna Richards." I lied, giving a smile, as the lady nodded.

"Her name is Anna Richards.....ok...... Alright, I'll send her up." The woman placed the phone down, and wrote something on a piece of paper.

"Ok, Anna, you are set to speak with Mr. Wayne. Just go down this hall right here, turn left, and his office should be open."

"Thank you." I said, and I began to walk down the hall. I admired the paintings on the wall, as I walked, then I turned the corner. His office door was open, but he wasn't there. I walked in, and looked around. I coughed, sending my signal. There was a big table in the middle of the room, with a large leather chair in front, and two smaller leather chairs on the other side. The view was spectacular. I looked down on Gotham City, then decided to go and sit in the chair, in front of the table. I sat for three minutes, until I heard footsteps come into the room, and the door closing. I didn't look back because I didn't want him to see my face yet.

"Hello, Anna, I'm Bruce, and I'll be speaking with you about your urgency of the meeting." He said, as I heard him coming closer. He walked past me but didn't see my face. I held my head down, as he sat in the large leather seat in front of me. I looked up slowly, then his eyes became wide.

"Hello Batsy." I smirked, leaning back in my chair. "Now before you call security on me, I just wanted to have a civilized conversation with you." I said.

"How about we have this conversation at Arkham? Hmm..." He said.

"Uh, I don't think that'll be happening because I'm here to tell you that I want to switch sides... I want to be good for once." He stared at me, then broke into laughter.

"Haha, please, I'm not buying it."

"You should because, J and I are done... I'm letting crime go, and I genuinely want to change for the better." I lied.

"And how do I know this is true? I can't believe anything... That killer clown told me the same crap years ago." My blood boiled at what he called J, but I composed myself.

"Do I look like him?"

"No, but you act like him... Kill like him..."

"True, but why do think I laid low for a while? It's 'cause I'm trying to change. I went through so much... I can't take this anymore. I had to kill my own brother... Do you think I want to keep killing? I don't, because everytime I get ready to pull the trigger, I see my brother's pleading face... I need help, and Arkham isn't the answer." I said, as I was completely impressed with my acting and lies. I made my eyes a little teary, to make it much more realistic. Bruce looked at me with sympathetic eyes, and I knew I had him hooked.

"I-I... I'm sorry. I just had to do my job... "

"That's what they all say... I have to go." I said, getting up from the chair. Bruce also got up, and grabbed my hand.

"Wait... I'm serious. You think I want to keep throwing you in Arkham? Listen, from the day I met you, I knew I liked you but you being caught up in crime made me do it." He said. I thought about Selina when he said that because that's probably what he said to her... then eventually cheated. His words finally really sunk in, and I realized that he said he liked me. EW, I would never! I looked away.

"I have to go..." I said, as I pushed his hand off of mine, and left. I think that was realistic enough. I guess he believes me, but why out of all people he has to like me? Ugh!

Bruce's POV

I watched her leave, as I stood in my office. I told her, finally. That took a long time. But unfortunately she's still my target. Some part of me believes her, but another part of me believes that this is all a big joke. I can't let the joke be on me, because the joke could cost my life. That's why I teamed up with a villain in Gotham who has the same intentions as I do... Take her, and the joker down. Once. And. For. All. I normally don't team up with villains, but if these two are stopped, then Gotham would be alot easier to take care of... and plus this villain and I made a deal. He better keep it too or else it's gonna be his head.

I closed the door, and I heard my phone ring...

Y/N's POV

I made my way outside, and got in the van. Selina, Harley, and Pam waited for me to get inside, then Pam began to drive.

"It's done." I said.

"Did he believe ya?" Harley asked.

"I think so." I said.

"Good." Selina said, smirking.

"Hey, uhh, I didn't tell you guys this earlier, but when we were waiting out here, I saw a weird looking dude with all black on behind a tree." Pam said, while flooring it.

"Yeah, I saw him too! I thought he was just taking a piss." Harley said, agreeing.

"Maybe it was just a homeless dude..." Selina shrugged.

"I don't think homeless dudes have smartphones..." Pam said.

"True... Who cares, maybe he was finding some free Wi-Fi." Selina said. We all shrugged it off, but I still felt uneasy. Maybe I'll forget about it by the time we go home.

Unknown POV

U: Yes I'm sure.

B: Do you know where they are headed?

U: I'm not sure...

B: Ugh.

U: Bruce, all I know is that she got in a white van, that had two other people in it. I think they were women too, and they sped off.

B: Ok... I'll just check the cameras.

U: Alright.

B: Thanks.

Bruce hung up, and I placed my phone back in my pocket. I placed my black hoodie on my head, and came from behind the tree. I looked around, then began to walk away like nothing happened. It began to rain, and I continued to walk. My limp was making it hard for me, so I sat at a nearby bench.

"So close, yet so far... but one day I'll get them both." I said to myself, as the rain soaked my clothes.

Y/N's POV

We finally got home, and I was the happiest person on earth. I needed rest, and I was hungry. We pulled in the driveway, and I unbuckled my seatbelt. Harley wasn't with us, because we dropped her off at Deadshot's house because she wanted to see him.

"Oh shit." Pam asked, eyes wide.

"What?" I asked.

"Look..." Selina pointed out the window, and I looked out. J's purple Lamborghini was parked in the driveway. Oh damn.

"Was he angry the last time you saw him?" Pam asked, looking back.

"I wouldn't say angry... more like umm, it's hard to explain because he kinda just left the room..." I sighed.

"Jesus..." Selina said. We all got out the van, and walked up the driveway. Frost must've told him, I thought. Ugh damn it...

A/N: Sorry, sorry, for not updating in a while. Plz spare me, and I just want to say happy 3k for my story! :D Thanks for the views guys, and a new chap is coming.

Until then, see ya puddins! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 5.6K 40
You got fired from your job, assisted a bank robbery, and met the Joker all on the same day. Can you survive working for the Joker? Will having his t...
299K 8.6K 59
"I told you to find me a business partner, not a wife." Why he chose you? Well, it was an easy choice. How you fell for each other but still managed...
126K 3.6K 40
[Joker Love Story] People would say that it is impossible, crazy, insane or plain madness. Even the Joker himself though it was, for him to love a wo...
344K 9.1K 53
[COMPLETED✔️] #1 in -> #suicidesquad "I'm just gonna hurt ya, really really bad" A Jared Leto Joker Fanfiction